This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor

Postby DevastaTTor » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:28 am

HK-TF.com member Mike has posted some new images of the upcoming Hasbro release Reveal the Shield, deluxe Perceptor. The new photos give us an even closer look at both the half-track truck and robot modes and highlight all the nice details of the figure including his G1-accurate, chrome accents on his knobs and chest plate. This figured has already been released in some Asian markets and will hopefully hit store shelves in the US in the next 4-6 weeks.

We've mirrored some of the images from the original post below. Click HERE to check out Mike's entire gallery on HK-TF.com.

Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor

Postby Cyber Bishop » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:01 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Can't wait for him to hit the shelves!
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Dread_Wing » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:05 am

Motto: "We Decepticons are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun!"
Weapon: Laser-Guided Electro-Kinetic Blasters
Damn, Perceptor looks very... Pink. At last preview the United version was red right? But without the chrome. :-? Maybe a United/Reveal the shield frankenstein is called for, though I do not like the prospect of removing the pin from the chest panel.
Dread_Wing
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby El Duque » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:18 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
So what did the license plate mean? Isn't that the date Perceptor first appeared in TFA or something like that?
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby kirbenvost » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:28 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Wow, this is a great picture:

Definitely looking forward to Perceptor. I do wish they'd show the United version so we can compare, but I suppose I should get the Hasbro one anyway.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby whacko » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:28 am

Weapon: Proton Rifle
Dread_Wing wrote:Damn, Perceptor looks very... Pink. At last preview the United version was red right? But without the chrome. :-? Maybe a United/Reveal the shield frankenstein is called for, though I do not like the prospect of removing the pin from the chest panel.

Don't read too much into the color in the photos. Ambient light, the type of light, flash as well as the calibration of your monitor can widely distort the colors of any item in an on-screen photograph. I doubt these photos have been color corrected and I am pretty sure that Perceptor is a nice bright red.
whacko
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Rated X » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:10 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Looks great. I ope the missle can be pulled inside the cannon to resemble a scope and make it more G1 accurate. Also looking real carefully to see if the mold would make a good reflector. If they get rid of the scope and knobs, they might be able to pull it off. But if they leave them and go for a straight repaint, it will be crap. I hopr they get it right.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:20 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
The United figure is going to be a lot better unfortunately. If it doesn't have the chrome that this one has, I forsee doing some part swapping.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Down_Shift » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:25 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Mine's in the mail! Can't wait to get him and his wave mates.

Does anyone know what his license plate means? I'm totally blanking out on this.

Also for that matter, have we seen his instructions yet? "Reveal" any new head sctulpts and remould to the body?

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby El Duque » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:35 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
I seem to recall it being the date Perceptor first appeared on TFA, not sure though.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby It Is Him » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:44 am

Counterpunch wrote:The United figure is going to be a lot better unfortunately. If it doesn't have the chrome that this one has, I forsee doing some part swapping.

I'm already sold on the Hasbro one. That chrome hits the sweet spot. I'd be surprised if there was anything on the United Perceptor to make me change my mind.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:47 am

It Is Him wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:The United figure is going to be a lot better unfortunately. If it doesn't have the chrome that this one has, I forsee doing some part swapping.

I'm already sold on the Hasbro one. That chrome hits the sweet spot. I'd be surprised if there was anything on the United Perceptor to make me change my mind.

We've already seen that the United one has a complete paint deco on the vehicle mode, including the sliver striping on the sides. It also appears to use a less muted "red" plastic in favor of a more vibrant deep red in the same way that Universe Ironhide and Henkei Ironhide differ.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby Stockade » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:54 am

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
Counterpunch wrote:
It Is Him wrote:

We've already seen that the United one has a complete paint deco on the vehicle mode, including the sliver striping on the sides. It also appears to use a less muted "red" plastic in favor of a more vibrant deep red in the same way that Universe Ironhide and Henkei Ironhide differ.

Hey CP will the United version have the chrome chest plate? or be painted silver? just curious. leaning more toward the United version, especially after you seen the differences in IronHides as you mentioned and another great example is Infernos as well.

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9

Postby It Is Him » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:02 am

Counterpunch wrote:
It Is Him wrote:

Ah, that does sound nice. Do you mean this one below? Originally I assumed that toy might have been the Hasbro version. Cause either way, I personally prefer the one with chrome.

And you know what, unrelated, I'm still hoping for a redo on Universe Ironhide. That guy just didn't get a fair shake.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:39 am

Yep, definitely going to have to get this one. Near as I can tell his color is pretty close to his G1 namesake and I'm liking the chrome. I know most folks are leaning towards the United version but I really didn't care for that one. Colors are just...off. I like what they did for his alt. mode. Very creative divergence from the microscope but keeping the chrome 'scope dials on his arms when they serve no purpose in either of his modes was just a little too cheesy and seems kinda forced just for the sake of paying homage.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:53 am

Stockade wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
It Is Him wrote:

Hey CP will the United version have the chrome chest plate? or be painted silver? just curious. leaning more toward the United version, especially after you seen the differences in IronHides as you mentioned and another great example is Infernos as well.

It Is Him wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
It Is Him wrote:

Ah, that does sound nice. Do you mean this one below? Originally I assumed that toy might have been the Hasbro version. Cause either way, I personally prefer the one with chrome.

I think that pic is of the United version and that the white/gray/silver parts are just the un-chromed plastic. I doubt very much that Takara would pass on an opportunity for chrome.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby MINDVVIPE » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:54 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
I don't think that pic that you guys posted is of United Perceptor; The paint aps i've seen on the thighs are missing, so I think thats just a pre-sale, early pic of perceptor.
I can't wait to get him, and attempt to find a microscope, or atleast a cybertronian analysis mode.
:CON:
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Alphazeta01 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:30 pm

[b]These New toys of Generation 1 characters from Hasbro is really AWESOME!! And its selling like hotcakes here in the Philippines!!

I still have some wishlist though:

1)BLITZWING!!! (triple changer and a voyager class)
2)ARCEE!!! (I hope the rumor is true and I HOPE SHE's IN A SUPER SEXY CAR MODE)
3) SHOCKWAVE!!
4) SPRINGER!!
5) ELITA 1! (if she be repaint of Arcee its fine, atleast make her head the Elita-1 we know, and a little tweak on spoilers or something)
4) Swoop, Slag, Snarl, and Sludge (deluxe)

THANKS HASBRO FOR MAKING NEW TOYS FOR OLD SCHOOL TRANSFORMERS CHARACTERS!! THEY LOOK AWESOME!!
[/b]
Alphazeta01
Mini-Con

Postby Stormrider » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:07 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon

I have the Japanese TF Generations book and it shows United Perceptor with chrome plus nice trim paint. The United version makes the Generations Perceptor look very bland.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Badassimus Prime » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:06 pm

Motto: "Do it with style or don't bother doing it!"
Weapon: Photon Laser
United or not, this figure is a must-own for me. I love the fresh take on the alt-mode while still keeping his bot mode almost G1. The chrome is definitely a nice touch as well as the opening chest panel. My only complaint is the lack of a hand weapon which I'm sure I can find elsewhere.

Btw CounterPunch, I'm digging that Yotsuba sig ;)
Badassimus Prime
Fuzor
Speed: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Vicalliose » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:47 pm

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
Counterpunch wrote:I think that pic is of the United version and that the white/gray/silver parts are just the un-chromed plastic. I doubt very much that Takara would pass on an opportunity for chrome.

Actually I don't think they are, crazy as it sounds. I haven't seen any recent Takara toys with chrome at all, aside the small application to Grapples hook.

Here's an actual pic of the united version. It just looks like white paint to me, though I will admit the red is way better on it.
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Courage: 3
Skill: 1

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:57 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Stormrider wrote:

I have the Japanese TF Generations book and it shows United Perceptor with chrome plus nice trim paint. The United version makes the Generations Perceptor look very bland.

You should know some photos are of Hasbro figures, not TakaraTomy's.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Vicalliose » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:11 pm

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Stormrider wrote:

If he's talking about the book in the photos I posted he's probably right. The picture I have there makes it hard to tell if it's chrome, but it's definitely the Takara version.

Edit: if the Takara version has blue eyes instead of yellow that will seal the deal for me.
"Government, even in it's best state, is but a necessary evil; in it's worst state, an intolerable one." -Thomas Paine
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Courage: 3
Skill: 1

Postby Stormrider » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:39 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Vicalliose wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Stormrider wrote:

If he's talking about the book in the photos I posted he's probably right. The picture I have there makes it hard to tell if it's chrome, but it's definitely the Takara version.

Edit: if the Takara version has blue eyes instead of yellow that will seal the deal for me.

Yes, I was describing the picture above. It is hard to see in that picture, but from my book he does have chrome. The eye colors do look blue, but the picture in the book is too small to be 100% sure.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ONGOING #24 Cvr A IDW Comics 2011 24A (W) Costa (CA) Ramondelli"
Transformers ONGOI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Trimpe 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #33 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 MAY210466 33B (CA) Lloyd (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #33 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220496 War's End 2RI Ossio"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #26 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010C"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JUN221673 4A (CA) Roche"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #12 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926I"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231010R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM979 (CA) Henry (W) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #1 4t ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM456 2A (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #38 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 OCT210408 38RI (CA) Ramondelli"
TRANSFORMERS #38 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010Y"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON