This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Masterpiece Rodimus Golden Coin

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Masterpiece Rodimus Golden Coin

Postby Oilspill » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:43 am

RobotKingdom have posted info in their Facebook page & web site indicating that MP Rodimus will come with a golden collectors coin:

There's talk of Galvatron's rebirth, which I believe is a reference to Headmasters... but could Galvatron be the next Masterpiece mould? It would be the logical choice, since it would give us someone to oppose Rodimus.
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 5

Re: Masterpiece Rodimus Golden Coin

Postby It Is Him » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:48 am

Nice. Wouldn't that be something if this was the bonus accessory Hasbro was talking about for the international release.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:08 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Seibertronian Oilspill let us know that site sponsor Robot Kingdom have posted images of a collector's coin that will be packaged with Masterpiece Rodimus Prime on their website and Facebook page. See the images below. Does the paragraph that tells about Rodimus give us a hint as to the next Masterpiece figure?

"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Midnight_Fox » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:11 am

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Wow, that's some, er, "unique" grammar on there.
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Blackstreak » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:19 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Aside the poor English grammar I'd say no. It's just talking about events that we all saw in the anime movie. I personally would not have drawn conclusions to a hint that Galvatron would be the next Masterpiece.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:22 am

Midnight_Fox wrote:Wow, that's some, er, "unique" grammar on there.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking along those lines.

So what's up with waiting until MP09 to release a collectors coin? This is something that should have been done either from day 1 or not at all, not waiting till later in the line to crank them out. Are there going to be retroactively produced coins to catch up with the series? This better be the case because Optimus and Megs should have been the first to have coins dedicated to them, not the bot that got Prime killed.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby MGrotusque » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:38 am

If your a coin guy then i could see being interested in this but i really don't see the point.

It's like a superman decoder ring or something from the 50's but even less usefull. Is this coin going to enable me to buy some double super secret clandestine TF merchandise that can only be purchased with this coin?

I don't get it.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby wolverinetodd » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:06 pm

Motto: "Shoot multiple times first... ask questions NEVER!"
Weapon: Double-Shot Missile Launcher
T-Macksimus wrote:

So what's up with waiting until MP09 to release a collectors coin? This is something that should have been done either from day 1 or not at all, not waiting till later in the line to crank them out. Are there going to be retroactively produced coins to catch up with the series? This better be the case because Optimus and Megs should have been the first to have coins dedicated to them, not the bot that got Prime killed.

This grammar is horrible. "Because of his youngness... That's not even a word. The spellchecker should've caught that easily. It should say "Because of his youth or even youthfulness." But let's not stop there with the horrendous grammar... "Rodimus leaded Autobots..." Spellchecker would've missed that one because it's a word, as in describing gasoline. "Rodimus led the Autobots..."

But aside from using spellchecker, have other people proofread it to weed out the horrible grammar and misspellings.

This has easily swayed my decision to not buy Masterpiece Rodimus Prime. I'm happy with FansProject's "Protector" to go with my Classics Rodimus (Hot Rod).
wolverinetodd
Vehicon
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 5

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:12 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
wolverinetodd wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:

This grammar is horrible. "Because of his youngness... That's not even a word. The spellchecker should've caught that easily. It should say "Because of his youth or even youthfulness." But let's not stop there with the horrendous grammar... "Rodimus leaded Autobots..." Spellchecker would've missed that one because it's a word, as in describing gasoline. "Rodimus led the Autobots..."

But aside from using spellchecker, have other people proofread it to weed out the horrible grammar and misspellings.

This has easily swayed my decision to not buy Masterpiece Rodimus Prime. I'm happy with FansProject's "Protector" to go with my Classics Rodimus (Hot Rod).

I think you guys are being a bit harsh here. This was translated from Japanese to English. These translations are never perfect. I remember the MegaSCF figure packages that said "The Truth who the Eyes have met Before." I always assumed it was a bad translation of More than Meets the Eye. If you're not buying MP Rodimus because of some poor translation, you're missing out on what is sure to be a fantastic figure.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8

Postby GuyIncognito » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:28 pm

T-Macksimus wrote:

That's what I was thinking: unless every other MP figures has a collectible coin, what's the point?
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby WeatherManNX01 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Motto: "I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me."
The more I think about it, the more I would not be shocked to see Masterpiece Galvatron. This year is the 25th anniversary of The Movie, and there has been a strong emphasis thus far on releasing figures from that part of G1 (Wreck-Gar, Kup, Rodimus reissued, Cyclonus reissued, Scourge, Masterpiece Rodimus, etc.). It is not unlikely that a Masterpiece Galvatron will round out a 25th anniversary lineup for The Movie (and hopefully it includes The Movie rereleased on Blu-ray, too).
WeatherManNX01
Combiner
Buy from WeatherManNX01 on eBay

Postby TimothyR » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:01 pm

i don't see how the protector armor is even comparable to MP09. masterpiece hot rod is leaps and bounds better than classics hot rod in both bot and alt modes. same goes for masterpiece rodimus compared to protector rodimus.

one argument that people make is that at least protector rodimus combines with his trailer.. well, optimus didn't combine with his trailer, so why should rodimus.

plus, in my opinion protector doesn't get some of my favorite design points of hot rod/rodimus quite right. for instance, the face isn't very hot rod, the arm exhausts aren't very prominent, and the back spoiler doesn't quite scream hot rod. plus, masterpiece hot rod comes with a matrix and a chest compartment for it, a welding torch, his buzz saw, his goggles, and combining guns.

then people argue that he's not as tall as masterpiece prime.. well, if you haven't noticed.. only megatron is.. for a reason. every other different mold is a bit smaller like rodimus.

then people argue that he's too tall.. well if you have prime, megatron, starscream, skywarp, thundercracker, and grimlock.. he wont look out of place on your shelf, even with the other classics/universe/generations/RtS figures

to me, it seems like a lot of people just like to find someone wrong to justify not buying it because it's expensive. and if people don't have the money.. then they don't have the money. that doesn't mean protector is better. masterpiece hot rod is practically flawless and looks like it's ripped straight out of the cartoon. don't get me wrong, if we weren't getting a masterpiece hot rod, i'd definitely pick up the protector armor. but.. as i said, masterpiece hot rod is flawless.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby zodconvoy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:06 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
So it comes with a coin? This is me not caring.

Maybe it's a selling point in Japan (what with them being the target audience) but I personally could stand to miss out on this numismatic opportunity.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby Midnight_Fox » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:11 pm

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
zodconvoy wrote: numismatic opportunity.

WIN.
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Firepower: 3

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:12 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
I hate stuff like this. This is completely unnecessary and an unwanted added cost.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Speed: 6
Firepower: 4

Postby alternator77 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:25 pm

Motto: "we choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them"
Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
as a part time coin collector this does interest me but i agree with others unless they release coins for the other mp's there doesnt seem to be a point. unless the coins are for season three mp's.
alternator77
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 4
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 5

Postby Stormrider » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:57 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Are we sure that this coin is included in MP Rodimus? I don't remember reading anything about this; plus Takara usually writes the bio's in Japanese.

Perhaps the next MP robot will be a spelling bot.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:44 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
If you want to talk about spelling boo boos, the 1st MP Convoy circa 2004 had this by line on the box

"More than meets "teh" Eye" :lol:
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Oilspill » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:35 pm

wolverinetodd wrote:This has easily swayed my decision to not buy Masterpiece Rodimus Prime. I'm happy with FansProject's "Protector" to go with my Classics Rodimus (Hot Rod).

Really? You were actually going to buy the figure and now you're not because of the grammar on a card that comes with the figure? Congrats, that has now taken the top spot for "Most ridiculous reason for not buying a Transformer" that I've ever heard :lol:
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior

Postby #Sideways# » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Motto: "Wake up. Wake up and smell the ashes."
Weapon: Dual Compression Cannons
Galvatron would be cool, but Soundwave or Shockwave would be better.
Check out my YouTube for my Transformers Trading Card Game lists, gameplay and general thoughts on the game!
#Sideways#
Godmaster
News Credits: 62
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Alt Mode: Motorcycle
Strength: 5
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 7

Postby HalfOfMe » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:22 pm

I don't know why you bothered to post this. This isn't news. I'd be willing to wager that this is some 3rd party crap. Are you gonna start posting every time a new TF T-shirt comes out now, too?
HalfOfMe
Mini-Con

Postby UltraPrimal » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:14 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Perhaps the fact that this is a "Golden Disc" means that the next Masterpiece will be a Beast Wars character. Image
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby wolverinetodd » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Motto: "Shoot multiple times first... ask questions NEVER!"
Weapon: Double-Shot Missile Launcher
Oilspill wrote:
wolverinetodd wrote:This has easily swayed my decision to not buy Masterpiece Rodimus Prime. I'm happy with FansProject's "Protector" to go with my Classics Rodimus (Hot Rod).

Really? You were actually going to buy the figure and now you're not because of the grammar on a card that comes with the figure? Congrats, that has now taken the top spot for "Most ridiculous reason for not buying a Transformer" that I've ever heard :lol:

Actually, no I wasn't going to buy the figure in the first place as a matter of choice, not financial reasons as someone else mentioned. But the writing, in my opinion, reads like it's a cheap knock-off as opposed to an actual Takara/Hasbro or even a Third Party Transformer. I just feel that with the money a collector is going to put towards this, that every bit of it should be perfect, including the grammar.
wolverinetodd
Vehicon
Strength: 7
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 5

Postby alternator77 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:06 pm

Motto: "we choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them"
Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
HalfOfMe wrote:I don't know why you bothered to post this. This isn't news. I'd be willing to wager that this is some 3rd party crap. Are you gonna start posting every time a new TF T-shirt comes out now, too?

take it easy. while it might not be your cup-o-tea this is news. just remember for every topic one person might not find enteresting there are others that are interested and as such it is newsworthy.
alternator77
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 4
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 5

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:33 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Wait, some people are NOT buying this because it comes with a gold doubloon?
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Firepower: 4

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 5 2022 New"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023"
HYPER STEEL MEGATR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON (Orange) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
MEGATRON (Orange) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 G1 Prototype 2023 New"
UNICRON Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop Movies Transformers Rise Beasts ARCEE Vinyl Figure 1374 2023 New"
Funko Pop Movies T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop Movies Transformers Rise Beasts OPTIMUS PRIMAL Vinyl Figure 1376 2023"
Funko Pop Movies T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLASTER Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 3 2020 New"
BLASTER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON (Red) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
MEGATRON (Red) Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action master figure WV2 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE (Purple) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy 2018"
IRONHIDE (Purple) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALLIGATICON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" alligator Optimus Prime figure 2023"
ALLIGATICON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" Junkion action figure 2023 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Blue) T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON