This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Xovergen Mecha Warfare Grand Patriot vid review on YouTube

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

Re: Xovergen Mecha Warfare Grand Patriot vid review on YouTube

Postby dragons » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:24 am

the piece that connects wheels to his shoulders you need to push the sides in & the wheels will fit into place perfectly found it out last night i agree with your comments onfigure but its better than arcee one we got
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby ShardFenix » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:28 am

i know it probably wont happen but i would enjoy a response for xovergen themselves.
ShardFenix
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby ZenPrime » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:32 am

Hmmm...I still have this sitting in my POL. I sent an email to BBTS for a cancellation, I hope they allow me to cancel them.
ZenPrime
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 23

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:55 am

Seibertron wrote:I figured out what the problem was with the wheel/backpack thing that wouldn't transform correctly. The piece that attaches the wheel/backpack thing to lower back of the Prime robot mode is assembled incorrectly ...

Seibertron... I really appreciate the tip about the white bit being assembled wrong! Will definitely flip when they arrive.

It breaks my heart hearing the issues with the toy, because I do really like the aesthetics and size... and the detail touches like the extra head, flip out weapons.

Hopefully Xovergen will take note of the input for the next figure.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Solrac333 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:06 am

Crappy sound? I'll just wait for a better reviewer.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Doctor McGrath » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:43 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
ShardFenix wrote:i know it probably wont happen but i would enjoy a response for xovergen themselves.

I'd like that too. I'm interested to see how they will respond and handle this.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Down_Shift » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:56 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Well I'm glad I passed on these. The video says it all. Easy pass.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby zodconvoy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:29 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
After watching that video and reading Ryan's troubles, I'm SOOO glad I passed on these! As a Prime collector, it was hard but I just never had a good feeling about these. I still entertained the notion to gt a green one on clearance to use as a Classics Ani Bulkhead but even that's not happening now!
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby Midnight_Fox » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:48 am

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
amcgrath929 wrote:
ShardFenix wrote:i know it probably wont happen but i would enjoy a response for xovergen themselves.

Well, when I sent an e-mail for replacement parts(my Green arrived missing the 2 shoulder guns and 2 Trailer kickstands), they not only sent the parts, but they asked me for feedback on how to improve the figure.

I'm going to have to go ahead and be the contrary one of the bunch: I love this figure. I have a few worries(the chest transformation, how tight the leg slides are), but overall I've been enjoying it(played with it almost as much as the Protector Armor I received with it). I did tighten some of the screws on the various turret stands, which helps some with them wobbling. Also, if you unscrew the screw beneath the shorter stand a little(not all the way), the post becomes removable and you can switch the 2 stands for varying turrets on the base and cab.

I think the company has potential and will most likely improve with each subsequent figure. I want to see what else they come up with.
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby dragons » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:32 pm

i forogt to mention sg mecha tecnhicnal prime is bigger than some voyagers bigger than deluxe fp fanprojects rodimus prime add on hes few inches taller than him ultramagnus add on i dont know didnt feel like finding out
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Fistful of Energon » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Midnight_Fox wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:

Well, when I sent an e-mail for replacement parts(my Green arrived missing the 2 shoulder guns and 2 Trailer kickstands), they not only sent the parts, but they asked me for feedback on how to improve the figure.

I'm going to have to go ahead and be the contrary one of the bunch: I love this figure. I have a few worries(the chest transformation, how tight the leg slides are), but overall I've been enjoying it(played with it almost as much as the Protector Armor I received with it). I did tighten some of the screws on the various turret stands, which helps some with them wobbling. Also, if you unscrew the screw beneath the shorter stand a little(not all the way), the post becomes removable and you can switch the 2 stands for varying turrets on the base and cab.

I think the company has potential and will most likely improve with each subsequent figure. I want to see what else they come up with.

Nice to see something positive about this guy! I have yet to receive mine but quality issues aside I still really love the look of the figure. I own a KMC and love it so I'm prepared for minor quality issues to own a unique concept figure.

I went into buying this knowing full well it was a new 3rd party company and their 1st project which comes with its risks.
Fistful of Energon
Targetmaster

Postby First Gen » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:13 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Damn. And I really, really, really want the green version. Ever since I saw Don Fig's artwork I fell in love. Wanted to pimp it out with Marine Corps emblems and display it, but I got meat hands and would probably destroy this thing. #-o
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Stumpybot » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Motto: "If you dont say what you mean, you can never mean what you say"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
well i got the set today.

ive got to say, the size of it reminds me of some of the large playset type toys i used to get as a kid (child of the 80's). Im not a GI Joe collector so the trailer battle station is of limited appeal, but it looks cool as a trailer and its got a mountain of accesories. The chest transformation is scary, but once you get the hang of it theres not so much of a problem, its sturdier than it looks. the legs.... oh my god i was terrified. I suppose practice makes perfect, they will be fine once theyve been extended a few times.

I SERIOUSLY wish id just bought one, and im probably going to sell them on ebay (i seriously underestimated the size of them, theyre BIG). But if anybody from here wants to buy one of them im happy to cut a deal and sell one for less than standard price (say £45/$60, but im open to negotiation), buying two was a mistake but one is pretty decent (it wont be taking over from my Henkei Prime or Protector Rodimus as the boss anytime soon tho).

Overall i think the comparisons with Fansproject items is going to kill objectivity, they are masters of their craft in my opinion. For a first time out of the gate, issues aside, this is a fantastic set, its huge and has so many different aspects to it.
Stumpybot
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Buy from Stumpybot on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 3
Firepower: 9

Postby Midnight_Fox » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:01 am

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Stumpybot wrote:the legs.... oh my god i was terrified. I suppose practice makes perfect, they will be fine once theyve been extended a few times.

One thing I suggest with the legs: place the tip of a screwdriver into the screw hole and gently use it to help extend. I've yet to have it stress the plastic and they'll extend nice and smoothly with no jerking action.
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby enclinedesigns » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:59 pm

Motto: "live it"
Hey guys.... here is my video review showing how to properly transform the guy and addressing some of the issues most have with this...

I personally have an attachment to ROLLING THUNDER Prime...so this figure is GREAT to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrjQmwoHA0w
enclinedesigns
Mini-Con

Postby Fistful of Energon » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:40 pm

enclinedesigns wrote:Hey guys.... here is my video review showing how to properly transform the guy and addressing some of the issues most have with this...

I personally have an attachment to ROLLING THUNDER Prime...so this figure is GREAT to me...

thanks for the review Encline, I knew you would give and honest opinion on the figure as well as have a different approach on him. Your customizing skills definitely help with that. I personally cant wait for this figure, I got a guy on here that is sending me the geewunny version after MP Roddy comes out and the anticipation is killing me! :BOOM:

keep doin what you do man :APPLAUSE:
Fistful of Energon
Targetmaster

Postby enclinedesigns » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:34 pm

Motto: "live it"
Fistful of Energon wrote:
enclinedesigns wrote:Hey guys.... here is my video review showing how to properly transform the guy and addressing some of the issues most have with this...

thanks for the review Encline, I knew you would give and honest opinion on the figure as well as have a different approach on him. Your customizing skills definitely help with that. I personally cant wait for this figure, I got a guy on here that is sending me the geewunny version after MP Roddy comes out and the anticipation is killing me! :BOOM:

No prob my man... I am glad I could help out.. To me, this is such a cool fig, I would like to see it do well, because I am sure we will see some more TF/JOE crossovers..... since Hasbro did the Star Wars instead....I have been planning on this guy for a while..I was hesitant with the pics and when I saw the reviews, I didn't really know what to think... I am not knocking anyone else's opinion, but I think.. but I think the figure turned out great...

ALSO, as a side note....I have been in contact with XOVERGEN for a while and they asked for my honest feedback.. everything I said in the vid I told them...they are also reading all the boards and getting feedback....from those who actually own the fig. They have also posted on their website contact info, so, if anyone who owns one can contact them directly....
enclinedesigns
Mini-Con

Postby Fistful of Energon » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:43 pm

enclinedesigns wrote:

No prob my man... I am glad I could help out.. To me, this is such a cool fig, I would like to see it do well, because I am sure we will see some more TF/JOE crossovers..... since Hasbro did the Star Wars instead....I have been planning on this guy for a while..I was hesitant with the pics and when I saw the reviews, I didn't really know what to think... I am not knocking anyone else's opinion, but I think.. but I think the figure turned out great...

ALSO, as a side note....I have been in contact with XOVERGEN for a while and they asked for my honest feedback.. everything I said in the vid I told them...they are also reading all the boards and getting feedback....from those who actually own the fig. They have also posted on their website contact info, so, if anyone who owns one can contact them directly....

Hisstank Optimus....that is all :x

seriously though, pretty much the only thing I have to complain about (without having the figure in hand yet) is that most shops are selling them as a set which is alot to drop on a new product for a 3rd party fresh to the scene. Other than that it MY personal opinion that most of the criticism is due to people expecting a Has/Tak or better yet a FP release. FP does an amazing job but have also set the bar extremely high as far as 3rd parties go. im confident that Xovergen will step up there game with future releases, first ones usually have some issues. Hell, even FP's first was a resin kit.

Your review sealed my confidence and justification in buying this, Ill defend these guys. They made a very ambitious first product and should get more respect for it.
Fistful of Energon
Targetmaster

Postby WarGraver » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:43 pm

Motto: "We Grimstone no bozo, we POPE!"
I'm still torn.

On the one hand, I'm disappointed that the figure isn't closer to Figueroa's design, because it is such a cool one. But more importantly, even the green one doesn't quite manage to look "military" and there is a lack of Roller. Hmm... I don't like the base mode... the missiles can't connect to Prime's robot mode... bleh.

On the other hand, it is a nice figure, and if xovergen goes on to release the other G.I. Joe crossover ideas, I don't want Prime to be the one I end up missing.

Does the instruction comic hint at all at their next release?
WarGraver
Fuzor
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby El Duque » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
enclinedesigns wrote:

Really nice review! Wish you would have been the first to get a video review out, might have saved a few people from damaging their figure. Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow, I'll be rewatching your review as I transform mine, thanks!
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby El Duque » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:12 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Okay so I got mine in today, and my best description of the transformation: an exercise in terror. Luckily I had watched Encline's video review and rewatched it as I was doing the transformation.

Fully extending the legs-scary

Making the curve to bring the upper torso into position-terrifying

Adjusting the backpack into the proper position-cringe inducing

Mine was also missing the four screws in the turret, although it's made to be interchangeable with the rocket launcher. I'm wondering if they were left out intentionally since they will stay attached with friction. Also have a lot of looseness in the forearm area.

However there is a lot to like about this set. It's actually quite nice in both modes, it's just transforming between those the two that gets sketchy. He has nice articulation, nice base mode, good paint apps, excellent packaging (on par with TFCC Boxsets).

Overall I'm pleased. This was pretty ambitious for an initial release, and I hope they bring more stuff to market.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby SentinelPrime878 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:07 pm

Motto: ""Until That Day...Until All Are One!""
Weapon: Corrosive Acid Bolt Gun
My figure came with a second Prime head. Question....how do you switch it out? The instructions are useless and do not explain how. The head doesn't just pull off. Help appreciated.
SentinelPrime878
Fuzor
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Previous

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #7 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915W"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 1RIA (CA) Caltsoudas 211118C"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers BEAST WARS ANNUAL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220440 (CA) Miller"
Transformers BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #35 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231010O"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #8 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 FEB200656 8A (A/CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 0224IM316 7D (CA) Wijngaard"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #5 Marvel Comics 1994 (CA) Yaniger 210227A"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #21 Cover A IDW Comics 2018 21A The Falling"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010X"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM465 6B (CA) Ward (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B GI JOE 1123IM273 (CA) Ortiz (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr B Imag ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON