This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime vs BattleBlades Optimus Prime

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime vs BattleBlades Optimus Prime

Postby El Duque » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:25 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
TransMY.com user, Onizuka Takahashi, has posted some new images of the upcoming DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime in various poses and a side by side with Voyager BattleBlades Optimus Prime. These are probably the most flattering images of the figure to date.

Forumer Onizuka Takahashi provided more pics of DOTM toys. This time it is the much critisised Voyager Prime. But according to Onizuka, the Voyager feels very sturdy when handled and has more points of articulation compared to Battle Blades Prime. The chest is not a faux cab, instead it is an armor plating covering the cab windows. There are side by side comparison shots for the Primes and also Starscream.

There is also an image of the new Deluxe Starscream posed nest to ROTF Breakaway. Nothing all that new, but these do give us a little better idea of the size of the figures in the upcoming line.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime vs BattleBlades Optimus Prime

Postby toddmitchprime » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:48 pm

DOTM prime is just bad. Nothing more, nothing less. :BANG_HEAD:
toddmitchprime
Mini-Con

Postby Stockade » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:51 pm

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
Why does the DOTM figures look like their getting smaller and smaller and getting less detail? and im sure price will be going up too and paying alot more for something you get less of!

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby El Duque » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:51 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
I don't know if he's just grown on me or if I've just gotten used to him or what, but I'm actually starting to like him. I think he looks pretty good in these images.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Solrac333 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:52 pm

That is SMALLER than the ROTF figure? Is deluxe the new voyager now?
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Lord Onixprime » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:56 pm

DotM is such a step backward. Worse then the original movie line in terms of engineering. I mean, RotF leader Optimus is one of the best engineered figured I own. Other RotF figures share the same quality. These figures have been chunky and far less intricate. So far the only figures I'm buying, for the character more than anything, is Ironhide and Shockwave.
Lord Onixprime
Headmaster Jr

Postby im ruined » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Motto: "Once again, our bodies SLUGGISH with GOAT MEAT"
Weapon: Concussion Pistol
I'd hate to say it, but I think we are looking at what prime looks like combined with his trailer.
Image I DREW THIS
im ruined
Minibot
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 2
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:19 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Those pontoon things on Optimus might make good thrusters for leader class Starscream. I might pick it up on sale or something just for that.
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:26 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Looks like it should be a burger king toy. My theory behind primes look is thats how he looks combined with his trailer. Id really like to know how hasbro has the balls to charges us more and yet make the toys crappier, we all know that the dotm voyagers are going to be around $25 and deluxes will be $13. We're already seeing these price jumps in most stores with the current lines so i doubt hasbro will lower the price when these come out and they're all the rage with the public.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Genocide G2.0 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:50 pm

Motto: "There is no style i can't MASTER! . I constantly evolve ."
Weapon: Close Range Oxidating Pulse Cannons
Hmm well i dont like the front of the truck been on his arms and what ever them gray fire extinguishers are on his shoulders look crap so does his chest.
Thers not much detail and realy not that much to him worth buying it for,that bb o p looks naff aswell.
Genocide G2.0
Faction Commander
News Credits: 33

Postby alternator77 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Motto: "we choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them"
Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
now thats just depressing :sad: :sad: :sad:

on the bright side ive got a new name for the dotm version
"pontoon prime" :lol: :lol:
alternator77
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby chrisc4 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:31 pm

Motto: "Never let fear overcome you."
Weapon: Old-Style Musket Laser
despite the hate, i love the dotm toys. i cant wait til they are released! :grin:
chrisc4
Fuzor
Strength: 5
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Skill: ???

Postby xtsaur » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:37 pm

Before I rant let me say this: I LOVE the Transformers movies and the movieverse toys!

But, this new Optimus Prime is very upsetting to me. Again, not to harp about scale, but this toy isnt even in scale with itself!!! look at the fake wheels on the back portion of his thigh... yeah those tiny little fake gray wheels... they are out of scale with the wheels on feet.. *sigh :BANG_HEAD:

No offense but if they are gonna half ass this then I feel responsible to call them out on it. This toy is not good. If Hasbro is not gonna do a better job on the Leaderclass & Voyager Prime, then please just re-release the old toys and save these new molds for different Transformers. It really irritates me that we get 10 Bumblebees and 10 Primes, while we have yet to receive a decent Blackout Toy, or any Scrappers & Hightowers. Hasbro, do the right thing, make all of the Constructicons, it absolutely drives me nuts that we get Transformers movieverse toys that arent even in the movies, but Hightower and Scrapper, among others are not!

Send this Prime back to Hasbro, melt it down and make Constructicons!!! ALL HAIL MEGATRON! :CON:
xtsaur
Micromaster

Postby Hip-Hoptimus Rime » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:45 pm

Motto: "Nobody has to look for trouble."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
I must say, I kinda like this new Voy OP. Certainly different, and the giant weapons look kinda cool in an overkill sort of way. Shame he has the high crotch problem as Battle Blades OP, I think that's my biggest complaint. I'll buy him.

I wonder how screen-accurate this mold is, recall that Prime was going to be changed slightly.

EDIT- xtsaur is right about the fake wheels, that's pure fail. Not enough for me to hate this figure, but still fail.
-Yer pal, G
Hip-Hoptimus Rime
Gestalt
News Credits: 9

Postby dirk2243 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:51 pm

Motto: "If you don't believe me, just ask me.....I'll tell you all about it."
Lord Onixprime wrote:DotM is such a step backward. Worse then the original movie line in terms of engineering. I mean, RotF leader Optimus is one of the best engineered figured I own. Other RotF figures share the same quality. These figures have been chunky and far less intricate. So far the only figures I'm buying, for the character more than anything, is Ironhide and Shockwave.

So...the first movie line was a lot of Energon re-deco's, (stongarm, wingblade, etc, etc) ROTF was seeing how many repaints we could get people to buy, and DOTM is mostly Blah, with the exception of Shockwave and a few others.

However I do like his poses in those pics.
New pics added as I find time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirk2243/
dirk2243
Headmaster

Postby 009* » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:51 pm

Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I heard on the TFW boards that Hasbro's simplifying the new toys after getting complaints from parents that their kids can't play with the ROTF toys too well because of their complexity.

As much as we like the complexity, these are kids toys after all.
009*
Combiner
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 10

Postby Baha08 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:54 pm

The engineering looks like what Transformers Prime's toyline should be.

Hopefully the Leader Class figures (We can hope Optimus, Megatron, Shockwave) will be better engineered.
Baha08
Minibot

Postby Bogard » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Weapon: Particle Beam Rifle
Sadly, it looks as if they're dumbing down most of the figures to compensate for the oversized weapons. I have little to no confidence in this line so far.
Bogard
Mini-Con
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Baha08 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:05 pm

Bogard wrote:Sadly, it looks as if they're dumbing down most of the figures to compensate for the oversized weapons. I have little to no confidence in this line so far.

I don't even get the weapons, I mean the concept is cool but really? You can't think of better weapons Hasbro? I mean Barricade looks like he's carrying a huge rake
Baha08
Minibot

Postby Mykltron » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
The figure is shorter but the legs are longer. They've put fake wheels on the thighs with no paint apps. It looks cheap n nasty. I hate it. It has he aesthetic of a toy designed for a three year old.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby Kingpun » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:57 pm

I'm shocked that he's smaller than Battle Blades Optimus too. I thought for sure he'd be up scaled. Must meen Ironhide and Shockwave are pretty short too.
Kingpun
Micromaster

Postby Autobot Strider » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Motto: "Fortune favors the bold!"
Weapon: Railgun
Baha08 wrote:The engineering looks like what Transformers Prime's toyline should be.

Very true... this Prime does look very "prime-ish". Wow, that might be the most obvious statement ever! ;)

009* wrote:I heard on the TFW boards that Hasbro's simplifying the new toys after getting complaints from parents that their kids can't play with the ROTF toys too well because of their complexity.

Quoted for truth. I mean, this DOTM prime is a nice balance between the simple transformation of '07 Voyager Prime and the much more movie-accurate BB Optimus, which looks pretty darn complex. Many little moving parts = easily broken by a child. Remember that you or I might carefully transform and display our figures, but our children want them to be converted quickly so they can be bashed together on the carpet battlefield.

That being said, my initial reaction to DOTM Prime was 'blech', but now with these pics I actually think the figure is quite nice. His legs look thicker and sturdier, which is something that I always liked about the '07 Voyager figure, but he has less obvious kibble, except the pontoons, but even with those his back looks much cleaner that BB Prime, who's back looks very crowded.
"I can't deal with my lack of a signature right now!"
Autobot Strider
Combiner
Strength: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby First-Aid » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Autobot Strider wrote:
Baha08 wrote:The engineering looks like what Transformers Prime's toyline should be.

Very true... this Prime does look very "prime-ish". Wow, that might be the most obvious statement ever! ;)

009* wrote:I heard on the TFW boards that Hasbro's simplifying the new toys after getting complaints from parents that their kids can't play with the ROTF toys too well because of their complexity.

Quoted for truth. I mean, this DOTM prime is a nice balance between the simple transformation of '07 Voyager Prime and the much more movie-accurate BB Optimus, which looks pretty darn complex. Many little moving parts = easily broken by a child. Remember that you or I might carefully transform and display our figures, but our children want them to be converted quickly so they can be bashed together on the carpet battlefield.

That being said, my initial reaction to DOTM Prime was 'blech', but now with these pics I actually think the figure is quite nice. His legs look thicker and sturdier, which is something that I always liked about the '07 Voyager figure, but he has less obvious kibble, except the pontoons, but even with those his back looks much cleaner that BB Prime, who's back looks very crowded.

That's a very interesting point about the complexity of the figures...and it is true. Heck, sometimes we as adults can't get them right. If a child can't do it, they have a negative experience and they don't want to play with the toy anymore. Parents then see that the kids aren't playing with that toy and stop buying it for them. My 9 year old nephew asked for the TRU Devastator for Christmas. I gave it to him. Both he and my sister (his mom) were unable to correctly get things transformed so I had to come over and do it for him. He hasn't touched it since. I doubt this is a rare occurance. These are kids toys, after all, and if a kid can't play with them then they will not sell.

Did anyone else remember the quote earlier from ILM where they said they were redesigning Prime and BB a little bit? Maybe he has gotten new chest armor...This doesn't look like a combined mode to me.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby rpetras » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:56 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
First-Aid wrote:
Autobot Strider wrote:

Quoted for truth. ...

That's a very interesting point about the complexity of the figures...and it is true. Heck, sometimes we as adults can't get them right. ...

It's a good point, but the failure is with Hasbro allowing the movie designs to be made of "thousands of moving parts" to begin with. It makes a translation into toys near impossible.

While Leader prime, and to a similar degree the newer RotF voyager Prime are marvels of engineering, they are a serious process to transform. Even the Deluxe Skids and Mudflap are a real pain to get back into their car modes.

My one nephew (9), who is a casual Transformers fan, simply can't do the newer transforms, and that frustration translates into him buying different toys instead.

For me, though, this new Optimus convinced me to go out and hunt down Battle Blades Op.
I wasn't going to get Battle Blades, but if the new go-to scale will be voyager for the bigger guys, and if the new voyager OP looks this crummy, I will be saying "no thank-you" to buying him.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:42 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
If transformers are too complicated for some kids they can just get the activators and FAB's, isn't that what they're for? There's no need to dumb down the entire line. Besides, Hasbro is actually using the skill level scale right, so it's their own fault for biting off more than their kid can chew.
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Skill: 9

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #110 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Studios Comics MAY230345 110D"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 APR231626 2B (CA) Sanchez"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #2 Cvr B IDW Comics DEC221448 2B (CA) Eastman +Bishop"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ANNUAL 2023 Cvr A Out of Time IDW Comics MAR231655 (W/CA)Walsh (A)Legostaev"
TMNT ANNUAL 2023 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR 30TH ANNV SPECIAL #1 Cvr H 1:10 Boom Studios Comics JUN230426 (CA) Mercado"
MMPR 30TH ANNV SPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUN221664 1B (CA) Eastman"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Facsimile Ed Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney DEC220640 (CA) Madureira"
GARGOYLES #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT JENNIKA II #2 (of 6) IDW Comics 2020 Ninja Turtles OCT200458 (A/CA) Revel"
TMNT JENNIKA II #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #3 Cvr B IDW Comics MAR231664 3B (CA) Eastman"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr L FOC reveal Boom Studios Comics FEB230331 5L (CA) Montes"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #147 Cvr C 1:10 RI IDW Comics 2024 OCT231356 147C Turtles Ongoing Corona"
TMNT #147 Cvr C 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #8 Cvr D 1:25 RI IDW Comics OCT231362 8D (CA) Escorza"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUN230683 9E Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #10 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUL230328 10B (CA) Parrillo"
GARGOYLES #10 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON