This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

In Hand Images of United Jazz and Tracks

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

In Hand Images of United Jazz and Tracks

Postby El Duque » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Our friend Alfes has updated his blog with images of the recently released Transforers: United Jazz and Tracks. His images feature their packaging, the figures in multiple poses, and comparison shots with their Hasbro counterparts. Some of the images have been mirrored below. To view all of the images follow these links: Jazz and Tracks

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: In Hand Images of United Jazz and Tracks

Postby PROWLERZ » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:01 pm

awesomeeeenessssss =P~ :KREMZEEK:

:CON:
PROWLERZ
Mini-Con

Postby T-Macksimus » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:40 pm

@#$%* I'm just hating how United is pounding home the fact that Hasbro's giving us the short, sucky, ugly-a** end of the stick with our Generations figures. Yeah most of the Generations stuff is cool but that sentiment only lasts until you hold them up next to these guys. :BOOM:
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Pr1meSuspect » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:51 pm

Motto: "Old soldiers never die, they just fade away..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Want that Tracks for the flame on the hood but I allready have the hasbro version :/
Pr1meSuspect
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Counterpunch » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:53 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
T-Macksimus wrote:@#$%* I'm just hating how United is pounding home the fact that Hasbro's giving us the short, sucky, ugly-a** end of the stick with our Generations figures. Yeah most of the Generations stuff is cool but that sentiment only lasts until you hold them up next to these guys. :BOOM:

Happens almost every time nowadays. :(

Oh, don't ever compare United Drift to Generations. You'll be spending $35 more if you do.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:05 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
These two look fantastic.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby ShardFenix » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Pr1meSuspect wrote:Want that Tracks for the flame on the hood but I allready have the hasbro version :/

reprolabels.com
ShardFenix
Headmaster Jr

Postby prmlove1 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:30 pm

Motto: ""Till all are mine""
Weapon: High-Powered Plasma Blaster With Infra-Red Sight
I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect thaty but I must admit that it is terribly irritating to hear people constantly talking junk about Hasbro and their versions of figures as compared to Takaras. Have any of you realized that these toys are catered to two wide different markets? In Japan these toys are geared more towards collectors whereas here in the states they are geared moreso to kids although Hasbro is trying to remember the collector also by remaking classic characters. If these figures were geared more towards the collector in America then they would likely be made exactly like the Takara versions. Of course if you like the Takara variations better (no harm in that), then you are welcome to pay $30.00 instead of $11.00 for the stateside version. One more thing, when a crappy figure comes out can't blame Hasbro complete ly because Hasbro/Takara have equal hands in the invention of the actual toys (not talking about the paint schemes).Rant over, I'm sorry. Had to get that off my chest. :P

The Takara versions do look good but I can buy three Generations figures for the cost of one United figure.
I am looking for a set of Botcon 2012 Junkions at a decent price...
prmlove1
Micromaster
Buy from prmlove1 on eBay
Speed: 3

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:39 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
prmlove1 wrote:I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect thaty but I must admit that it is terribly irritating to hear people constantly talking junk about Hasbro and their versions of figures as compared to Takaras. Have any of you realized that these toys are catered to two wide different markets? In Japan these toys are geared more towards collectors whereas here in the states they are geared moreso to kids although Hasbro is trying to remember the collector also by remaking classic characters. If these figures were geared more towards the collector in America then they would likely be made exactly like the Takara versions. Of course if you like the Takara variations better (no harm in that), then you are welcome to pay $30.00 instead of $11.00 for the stateside version. One more thing, when a crappy figure comes out can't blame Hasbro complete ly because Hasbro/Takara have equal hands in the invention of the actual toys (not talking about the paint schemes).Rant over, I'm sorry. Had to get that off my chest. :P

We all keep saying that but do they listen? Nooooooooooo... [-(
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby ShardFenix » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:50 pm

lol i feel the same way. the only takara figure i ever purchased was classics voyager prime and only because in box he was only like 50. then a company messed up my order and sent me the takara onslaught instead of hasbro, but i didnt complain. Otherwise though Hasbro works perfectly for me based on the price.
ShardFenix
Headmaster Jr

Postby WeatherManNX01 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:00 pm

Motto: "I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me."
Definitely prefer the flames on Hasbro Tracks over Takara.

Overall, though, the differences really aren't that strikingly different.
WeatherManNX01
Combiner
Buy from WeatherManNX01 on eBay

Postby El Duque » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:09 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
I must admit these do look better. Especially Tacks with the improved hood flames and the shiny paint goes with the sports car styling. I be sticking with my Hasbro versions though.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby rpetras » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:29 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
prmlove1 wrote:I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect thaty but I must admit that it is terribly irritating to hear people constantly talking junk about Hasbro and their versions of figures as compared to Takaras. Have any of you realized that these toys are catered to two wide different markets? ...

But regardless of your market, white is white and red is red.

Compare Jazz or Drift side by side and US releases are gray. In the US Prime and Ironhide have generally come out in a dark orange, not red.

I just don't buy that there is such a vast difference in the markets, or that US children prefer their white cars to be created in off white or light gray.

prmlove1 wrote:The Takara versions do look good but I can buy three Generations figures for the cost of one United figure.

And I think that is what causes a lot of the US collectors to gripe. To get the product they prefer they have to shell out 3X the dollars, when no one can see a reason for the differences.

I'll give you the additional paint apps on Jazz add to his production cost, and those may have been dropped for money saving measures. Lil' Johnny is just going to have him crash into walls anyway.

That I can understand.

But why the color differences in guys like Prime, Jazz, Drift, Ironhide & Hound?

I just don't see any cost savings or "appeal" arguments applying there. To the hardcore fan market it will make a difference (and a sale), to the kid market, or just the less picky fans, it makes no difference. For example, I'm perfectly happy with my US version of Drift, but I chose to import Hound & Tracks (among others) from Takara.

I had heard it suggested, but never confirmed, that the plastics & paints used by Hasbro may have to conform to different standards than Takara. Something like THAT could account for the differences. Or maybe pure white plastic is just plain more expensive than off-white. I really don't know.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 8

Postby sancho's revenge » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:30 pm

United is the way to go for these two.
sancho's revenge
Micromaster

Postby Flux Convoy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:06 pm

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
These look amazing! I can't wait to be able to get them myself. Jazz has been one of my biggest Classics wants for a long time now.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby griftimus prime » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:50 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
found these both at a Walgreens this morning. i was soo happy.
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby --B-- » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:26 pm

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
These pictures make my wallet very sad.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Naked Magnus » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:10 pm

prmlove1 wrote:I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect thaty but I must admit that it is terribly irritating to hear people constantly talking junk about Hasbro and their versions of figures as compared to Takaras. Have any of you realized that these toys are catered to two wide different markets? In Japan these toys are geared more towards collectors whereas here in the states they are geared moreso to kids although Hasbro is trying to remember the collector also by remaking classic characters. If these figures were geared more towards the collector in America then they would likely be made exactly like the Takara versions. Of course if you like the Takara variations better (no harm in that), then you are welcome to pay $30.00 instead of $11.00 for the stateside version. One more thing, when a crappy figure comes out can't blame Hasbro complete ly because Hasbro/Takara have equal hands in the invention of the actual toys (not talking about the paint schemes).Rant over, I'm sorry. Had to get that off my chest. :P

Preach it! I am tired of this complaint as well. Little Johnny age 8 does not care about chrome wheels or a G1 accurate paint scheme, especially since he is going to play the hell out of the toy. He has been saving up his precious little allowance for a few weeks and when he goes to the toy store, he has a choice to make. If all that extra Takara paint jacks up the price, then he will move onto another product. Also, all of that Takara paint does not hold up after hours of play. Normal play will produce lots of scratches, leaving little Johnny disappointed. Meanwhile in Japan, Takashi, age 34, loves all of that metallic paint. Since he has a full time job, he does not hesitate to pay a higher price. When he takes his toy home he transforms it carefully. Takashi probably only transforms each of his toys a total of three to four times. He places them on his shelf and admires the sheen of the metallic paint.

Due to the Japanese low birth rate, the market for children's toys over there has shrunk. Toy companies have been compensating by catering to adult collectors.

Hasbro is trying to cater to both children and adult collectors. I must say that I think they are doing a really good job.

I normally buy Hasbro. However, I do think Hasbro did botch the paint job on Smokescreen really bad. I bought it, put it on my display shelf, and it just never seemed right. I could not get over it. I eventually broke down and bought the Takara version.
Formerly known as "revengeofstarscream"
Naked Magnus
Headmaster Jr

Postby kirbenvost » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:49 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Oh man, I'm so glad I preordered Jazz. Looks so much better. Tracks looks amazing too, and I really want to get him, but I'm not sure if I can justify the cost. The differences are most apparent in alt mode, and he's most likely going to stay in bot mode on my shelf for most of the time. I suppose if I have trouble finding the Hasbro one I may pick up Takara's.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Firepower: 9

Postby Slip?Stream » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:40 pm

UN Tracks is the 1st United figure I like in metallic paint, I'm not a huge fan of the G1'ish flame though, I kinda like the one reprolabels has better.

As for Jazz, I honestly don't think whitish plastic is worth $20+ extra and the extra details are easy to add on your own.
Slip?Stream
Micromaster
Watch Slip?Stream on YouTube
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6

Postby Rated X » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I love these Takara/Hasbro discussions !!! I support both companies for their good points but I also trash both companies for the B.S. they often deliver in the form of excuses.

1. Paint apps do cost extra money. United Jazz and Bumblebee painted in metallic finishes does justifiy a higher price. However, a different color of plastic does not. Plastic colors are made by mixing powders. They have it down to a science as the measures of color are done by computer. But when someone screws up we start seeing variants on each run like ROTF Breakaway. Why Hasbro chooses not to go with G1 accurate colors sometimes in beyond me because it costs the same. And kids could care less about color variations of a slight difference. But collectors do. So why not kill 2 birds with one stone and get the most out of your product by mixing the right shade of plastic Hasbro ??? Stop lying about the cost because it's the same damn price !!!

2. For Henkei figures that share the same plastic color as the Hasbro version, stop lying about how much the few extra paint apps cost and bring the figures down to a fair price of $20. Perfect examples are Drift and Wreck-Gar. Painting a chest red or a few extra stripes and a grill does not cost an extra $20. So why are you charging $20 more than Hasbro ??? I heard Henkei was using a factory in China. Im not sure if this is true, but if it is then that means they probally have 1000 factory workers working 12 hour shifts for 50 cents an hour. So Henkei, I love you guys but get real !!!

Anyone wanna see how the Henkei factory operates watch the quick video on this link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX1iplQQJTo
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10

Postby prmlove1 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:10 pm

Motto: ""Till all are mine""
Weapon: High-Powered Plasma Blaster With Infra-Red Sight
I like these figures and the paint apps do make them look really good, but I have still yet to see a Takara deluxe figure that I am willing to pay $20.00 extra dollars for as compared to the Hasbro version.
I am looking for a set of Botcon 2012 Junkions at a decent price...
prmlove1
Micromaster
Buy from prmlove1 on eBay
Speed: 3

Postby Solrac333 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:29 am

The Takara versions do look good but I can buy three Generations figures for the cost of one United figure.

And it's equally irritating toe always hear "in the states they are geared moreso to kids" blah, blah, blah. WE KNOW these are for kids but they shouldn't have to get inferior looking versions.

Since they raised the prices on these, I'd rather pay the extra and get the Takara version. I would rather get ONE great figure than 3 average ones.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Mechastrike » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:03 am

sold. too bad Tracks can't fly in car mode
Mechastrike
Combiner

Postby Kibble » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:23 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon

You can try to talk yourself into believing that, but why would a kid ever prefer the crappier paint job and how much does it really cost for a couple extra applications of paint? They didn't have an issue painting Tracks rims and I bet the firebird deco costs about the same as the tribal deco... I think the better answer is it gets schmucks like me to buy the same friggin' figs twice...one time around because they come out 4 months sooner here, then a second time to get it the proper way.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Movie Super7 Reaction Series 4 Retro Figure 2021 New"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop Movies Transformers Rise Beasts OPTIMUS PRIMAL Vinyl Figure 1376 2023"
Funko Pop Movies T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Red) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Red) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON (Orange) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
MEGATRON (Orange) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANTA OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 5 Holiday Christmas 2021"
SANTA OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING STARSCREAM Transformers Movie Super7 Reaction Series 4 Retro Figure 2021"
KING STARSCREAM Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRACKS Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" figure WV2 Alien Mask figure 2023 New"
TRACKS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Purple) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Purple) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 5 2022 New"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers BUMBLEBEE Vinyl Figure #23 Retro Toys 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Blue) T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON