This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

CrazyDevy CDMW-18 Predaking Shoulder Cannons

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

CrazyDevy CDMW-18 Predaking Shoulder Cannons

Postby El Duque » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:12 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
The Predaking third party arms race continues. Not to be outdone by TFClub's JB-00 Infinity Warfare set CrazyDevy has updated their website with an image and pre-order for CDMW-18 The King's Power Parts Massive Shoulder Cannons.

Last edited by El Duque on Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-18 Predaking Shoulder Cannons

Postby Bumblevivisector » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:22 pm

And if CrazyDevy hadn't dragged their feet on this by coming out with useless upgrades like new Predafeet, that other company with the 5-part sword wouldn't have beaten them to this punch, and I'd actually be enthused for a change.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Bumblevivisector wrote:And if CrazyDevy hadn't dragged their feet on this by coming out with useless upgrades like new Predafeet, that other company with the 5-part sword wouldn't have beaten them to this punch, and I'd actually be enthused for a change.

TFClub's JB-00 Infinity Warfare set looks like garbage. So much transparent red plastic. It looks bad. Crazydevy have better looking cannons and in my opinion, releasing them this way is better for the consumer. "WHY?!?!", you ask. Because you can choose what you want to add to your predaking. Who wants crappy transparent red fists for Predaking?? And don't get me started on the blue set! I have and love all of Crazydevy's products so far and will be getting these from BBTS when the preorder goes up.
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby balgorra » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:08 pm

While I love what CrazyDevy is doing, like other people I think the prices are too high. I have a feeling that by the time they finish with the Predaking upgrades I could spend $300 to upgrade a $200 figure. Right now if you got everything, based on BBTS prices, it would be $193. They still have hands and chest piece that most likely will be done. Thighs/Legs and arm cannon would be other possible upgrades.
balgorra
Micromaster

Postby Counterpunch » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
They seem too big. :-?
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby GetRightRobot » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:54 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Wow. Looks awesome, but as always... overpriced. And I spend alot of money on Transformers, but it's all about bang for your buck. These look cool, :APPLAUSE: but not for the price. =;
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Courage: Infinity

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:02 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Those things better shoot real plasma charges and artillery shells for that price. :evil: :BANG_HEAD:
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Stormrider » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:35 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
The cannons and wings seem really oversized.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby El Duque » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Preorder up at BBTS.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:15 pm

I'll be interested to know how this update further damages Predaking.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby GetRightRobot » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:18 pm

Gauntlet101010 wrote:I'll be interested to know how this update further damages Predaking.

:lol: OOOOOO, sick burn!
GetRightRobot
Godmaster

Postby NTESHFT » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:29 pm

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Way too big and expensive for my tastes. I think I'll just wait and see how much the Junkion version is going to cost.
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Alt Mode: NISMO 370Z
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby Mkall » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I'm depraved enough to admit that I preordered this from BBTS

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby necr0blivion » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:55 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Mkall wrote:I'm depraved enough to admit that I preordered this from BBTS

I just received my copy of the shoulder cannons today, but after hearing some negative reviews on the attachment piece included, and watching this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__DpMj1X ... re=related), I'm a little worried about adding now. Did you receive yours yet, and have you noticed any issues on quality of the Predaking?
necr0blivion
Gestalt
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:55 pm

Looks like it does damage Predaking according to the posts there. Why does CD hate Predaking so much? My Devestator isn't damaged at all from their stuff ... although the two arm attachments will never come off, they're held on so tightly.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Mkall » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Just to see, I replaced the new peg with the old peg and it stuck in just as securely as it did before. Guess I dodged a bullet on this one.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby necr0blivion » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Mkall wrote:Just to see, I replaced the new peg with the old peg and it stuck in just as securely as it did before. Guess I dodged a bullet on this one.

I went ahead and added the shoulder cannon upgrades with the replacement peg. I noticed that the cannon rack fits very snug with the replacement as opposed to the original peg. I also noticed that (AND THIS IS A BIG WARNING TO THOSE WHO WILL TRANSFORM HIM BACK TO INDIVIDUAL PIECES LATER) the replacement peg does not fold back down correctly with the backpack. If you notice, there are two small notches in the valley of the backpack where the peg is supposed to rest. The replacement peg will probably remove these pegs with friction if you force it down. I'm keeping my Predaking as display only, so this shouldn't affect me.

It's difficult for me to justify the price of the add-on, but the King definite looks more badass now!
necr0blivion
Gestalt

Postby GetRightRobot » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:07 pm

necr0blivion wrote:
Mkall wrote:Just to see, I replaced the new peg with the old peg and it stuck in just as securely as it did before. Guess I dodged a bullet on this one.

I went ahead and added the shoulder cannon upgrades with the replacement peg. I noticed that the cannon rack fits very snug with the replacement as opposed to the original peg. I also noticed that (AND THIS IS A BIG WARNING TO THOSE WHO WILL TRANSFORM HIM BACK TO INDIVIDUAL PIECES LATER) the replacement peg does not fold back down correctly with the backpack. If you notice, there are two small notches in the valley of the backpack where the peg is supposed to rest. The replacement peg will probably remove these pegs with friction if you force it down. I'm keeping my Predaking as display only, so this shouldn't affect me.

It's difficult for me to justify the price of the add-on, but the King definite looks more badass now!

I really would love to have this upgrade, the only thing keeping me from buying any CrazyDevy stuff is the price. I hate to hear that there have been issues with this set. I have to agree, he looks so BOSS with the wings, cannon, and sword OMG!
GetRightRobot
Godmaster

Postby necr0blivion » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:18 pm

GetRightRobot wrote:
necr0blivion wrote:

I really would love to have this upgrade, the only thing keeping me from buying any CrazyDevy stuff is the price. I hate to hear that there have been issues with this set. I have to agree, he looks so BOSS with the wings, cannon, and sword OMG!

Yeah, by the time you've purchased all these pieces, you could've purchased another Predacon set. But he looks amazing, and I'm glad that my figure isn't suffering any noticable damage due to the add-ons (I currently have the wings, sword, and shoulder cannons). I don't think the head it worth the $40 price, nor the custom foot plates ($33 to raise him up by such a small amount, probably doesn't add extra stabilization, and with at least one report damaged one of the figures when being added). That said, I have pre-ordered the new fists, but am contemplating on cancelling. $40 from BBTS for articulated hands, I should use that money for something more worthwhile.

Someone else mentioned recently that CD has done so well QC-wise with Devastator add-ons (any of these reported as damaging the figure?), but the King's upgrade may not have been fully thought out/tested.

I can only hope for the best, but I do like the look of my King right now. If only there were some way to fix the waist/leg areas, now THAT might be worth $40 - 50 for an add-on.
necr0blivion
Gestalt

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:03 pm

The Devestator upgrades do not damage Devestator. Unless you own one of the cheaper knockoff (which I do). The only thing is the arm attachment fit too snugly ... I can't seem to get them off. I probably could if I exerted a bit more forc e.... and maybe used a butter knife to pry it apart .... but why tempt fate?
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby necr0blivion » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:09 pm

Gauntlet101010 wrote:The Devestator upgrades do not damage Devestator. Unless you own one of the cheaper knockoff (which I do). The only thing is the arm attachment fit too snugly ... I can't seem to get them off. I probably could if I exerted a bit more forc e.... and maybe used a butter knife to pry it apart .... but why tempt fate?

Exactly! You don't hear of people complaining that the Devastator add-ons damage Devy. But 3 separate add-ons for Predaking are known to cause damage!?! What happened to the Quality Control? Maybe the products required more thought before producing.
necr0blivion
Gestalt

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #4 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JAN230641 4D (CA) Leirix"
GARGOYLES #4 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars MANDALORIAN #4 var Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220952 (CA) Larroca"
Star Wars MANDALOR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DOCTOR APHRA #30 Marvel Comics 2023 JAN230985 (CA) Lupacchino (W) Wong"
Star Wars DOCTOR A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS #15 var headshot Marvel Comics 2021 MAY210680 (CA) Camuncoli"
STAR WARS #15 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr W 1:7 FOC Dynamite Comics DEC228473 3W (CA) Haeser"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr W ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS #25 var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2022 APR221028 (CA) Maleev (W)Soule 220726A"
STAR WARS #25 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2024 Disney SEP230259 12C (CA) Leirix"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek DAY OF BLOOD #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 MAY231379 1B (CA) Rosanas"
Star Trek DAY OF B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek Deep Space Nine DOG WAR #3 Cvr F RI 1:50 IDW Comics 3F 3RI (CA) Kangas"
Star Trek Deep Spa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK MIRROR WAR #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 FEB220428 5B (CA) Madriaga"
STAR TREK MIRROR W ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HAN SOLO CHEWBACCA #7 Revelations Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221092 Clarke"
Star Wars HAN SOLO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS HIGH REPUBLIC #9 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 JUL210733 (CA) Yu"
STAR WARS HIGH REP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS #14 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 APR210956 (CA) Rodriguez"
STAR WARS #14 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #5 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 DEC221413 5C (CA) De Martinis"
STAR TREK #5 Cvr C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON