This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers Dark Of The Moon Toy Line

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers Dark Of The Moon Toy Line

Postby Mach » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:15 pm

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
Seibertron.com galleries for the coverage of the Toy Fair 2011 held at New York are up!
In this news article, we will concentrate on the hotly anticipated toy line for the year - Transformers Dark Of The Moon toys.

This year movie figures have some common features - TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH figure. See Hasbro official description of this line:

"TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH Action Figures
One of the most innovative toy lines in history introduces the next revolution in TRANSFORMERS action figures with the new MECHTECH line. Each TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH figure comes with a unique converting MECHTECH weapon that is interchangeable with all other core TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH figures. MECHTECH weapons can connect to each other or to TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH figures to “power-up” the figure. Leading the way in this new expression is the MECHTECH ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME action figure, one of the largest, most impressive TRANSFORMERS action figures.

• TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME Action Figure
(Approximate retail price: $79.99: Ages: 5 & up; Available: 8/1/2011)
With the upcoming TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON movie, one of the most iconic characters in the TRANSFORMERS lore will capture the spotlight as his heroic story becomes the focus of the first-ever 3D TRANSFORMERS movie. Now, an action figure befitting such an icon will be available with the new TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME action figure. The figure includes the AUTOBOT leader’s classic trailer that doubles as a weapons arsenal and is an integral part of the figure’s converting play pattern. The TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME figure features three modes of conversion – vehicle, robot, and robot with “mech suit.” –The trailer, which serves as a weapons depot and command center, also converts into a “mech suit” that OPTIMUS PRIME shows off when it’s time to rumble. Featuring lights, launching projectiles, electronic battle sounds and OPTIMUS PRIME phrases, this is the must-have item for kids and fans alike. 3 AA batteries included.

• TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH LEADER Action Figure Assortment
(Approximate retail price: $39.99: Ages: 5 & up; Available: 5/16/2011)
The TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH action figures each come with a unique converting MECHTECH weapon that is interchangeable with all other core TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH figures. The weapons from each figure can connect with weapons from other figures for more powerful play. The TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH TRANSFORMERS LEADER class assortment offers a large scale with tremendous character detail, includes lights and sounds, converts from robot to vehicle and comes with a large MECHTECH weapon. Characters include BUMBLEBEE, IRONHIDE and more. Each figure sold separately. 2 AA batteries included.

• TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH VOYAGER CLASS and DELUXE Action Figure Assortments
(Approximate retail price: Voyager $11.99; Deluxe $19.99: Ages: 5 & up; Available: 5/16/2011)
The TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH line of action figures each come with a unique converting MECHTECH weapon that is interchangeable with all other core TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH figures. Each figure’s weapon can connect with weapons from other figures for more powerful play. The figures in the TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH TRANSFORMERS VOYAGER CLASS scale convert from robot to vehicle and offer a unique MECHTECH weapon. VOYAGER CLASS characters include OPTIMUS PRIME, IRONHIDE and MEGATRON. The TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH DELUXE figures are the smallest scale of the series and offer a wide breadth of AUTOBOT and DECEPTICON characters, including BUMBLEBEE, RATCHET and STARSCREAM. Each figure sold separately. "

Let's move on to the toy images. Feel free to click any of the images that will lead you to the full gallery.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers Dark Of The Moon Toy Line

Postby Rated X » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:38 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I want me a taliban Megatron !!! It's just so bizzare I cant pass it up !!!
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Starscream GaGa » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:49 pm

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Am I the only one that thinks Ultimate Prime actually looks a million times better with his wings down a bit?
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Pontimax 01 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:49 pm

What's going on with that Leader Ironhide's face? Does he have a faceplate now? And no truck mode pics of that mold?

I can't freaking wait for Sentinel Prime though. He looks like all sorts of sweetness. His head sculpt is so very much like Optimus too.
Pontimax 01
Headmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby BATTOUSAIXD » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:57 pm

Motto: "Sine Metu"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Starscream GaGa wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Ultimate Prime actually looks a million times better with his wings down a bit?

Yeah, I agree, Ultimate Prime looks a lot better with the wings down.
BATTOUSAIXD
Combiner
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:05 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
The chopper guy is awesome the rest are crap
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby NatsumeRyu » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:07 pm

Motto: ""'Camshaft' See, they said my name!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Pontimax 01 wrote:What's going on with that Leader Ironhide's face? Does he have a faceplate now? And no truck mode pics of that mold?

I can't freaking wait for Sentinel Prime though. He looks like all sorts of sweetness. His head sculpt is so very much like Optimus too.

Hide's movie design has always had that large nose bit, at least in the movie renders, but he also has a lower jaw, little tube thing under it. I think it looks weird here either a) because he doesn't have that lower jaw bit in this figure, or b) we just can't see the lower jaw from here.

But yea, that "faceplate" has been there since the first movie. It doesn't help that it's painted bright so it sticks out here.
I take commissions!
2014-Officer Vi-Senketsu & Junketsu-Silver Knight-Origami Cyclone
13-Terminus Armor-Megaman-Lord Death-Tali
12-WfC Brawl-Gurren Lagann-Doc
11-Reaper Conduit-Rampage
<10-Brawl-Camshaft-Jazz-Blackout-Starscream-Bumblebee
NatsumeRyu
Combiner
News Credits: 3
Buy from NatsumeRyu on eBay
Strength: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 6

Postby yongkykun » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:44 pm

It's great that we finally get a leader class ironhide. But where are his weapons?! The paint job on him looks ridiculously simple for a leader class. Hope they fix it before taking our money.
yongkykun
Mini-Con

Postby OptiMagnus » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:48 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
All of this is so great, mind is going to explode! :D :shock: :BOOM:
I can't freaking wait for these leaders!
And Megatron has paint apps and new wheels!
This is just so slagging awesome.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Alt Mode: Stock Car
Courage: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Dr. Caelus » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:04 am

BATTOUSAI XD wrote:
Starscream GaGa wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Ultimate Prime actually looks a million times better with his wings down a bit?

More than that, notice anything different about his legs in this picture?

Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Slashercon » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:37 am

Motto: "Victory without effort, is failure!!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
I know I may be the only one saying this, but the DOTM is looking better and better. The Green Wrecker, Skids, leader class Ironhide, Sentinel douche, and even the new deluxe Bumblebee look fantastic!! (I still want some leader class Megatron/Shockwave though)
Slashercon
Combiner
News Credits: 4
Watch Slashercon on YouTube
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 6

Postby Turbobungle » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:44 am

Motto: "Final... FUUUUUUUUUUUUSION!"
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Hologram Gun
Is it just the photo or is the new Sideswipe a matt sand colour? Looks a bit rubbish...
Turbobungle
Mini-Con
Strength: Infinity
Speed: 1
Courage: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:28 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Damn, they all look pretty darn gorgeous on display there. A leader class Ironhide? Very temping as he's still the most badass looking Autobot design ever. Really liking the looks of the wreckers, and that Prime 'angel mode' looks a lot better there for some reason.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby ShinkenPrime » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:28 am

I just want to know if the trailer turns into a weapon platform as stated or if it just turns into another robot or both. On the box we see what the Omega Form looks like, and then we see the powered up form with it and Prime. But does it turn into a regular attack station? I hope it does.
ShinkenPrime
Mini-Con

Postby BATTOUSAIXD » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:29 am

Motto: "Sine Metu"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Caelus wrote:
BATTOUSAI XD wrote:

More than that, notice anything different about his legs in this picture?

What about the legs?
BATTOUSAIXD
Combiner
Speed: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Pr1meSuspect » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:56 am

Motto: "Old soldiers never die, they just fade away..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Ultimate Prime is looking better each time I see him. Same with Sentinal.
Pr1meSuspect
Fuzor
Speed: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Xterminator » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:18 am

Finally the DOTM is starting to look cool !

I have some key questions to the News Crew:

How tall is the new DOTM Ultimate OP (with and without armor) compared to ROTF Leader OP ?
What about the alternate mode ? Are the semi trucks of the same size, or is DOTM alternate-mode (truck only) smaller ?

How tall is DOTM Leader Sentinel Prime compared to ROTF Leader OP ? Are the alternate modes of DOTM Sentinel Prime and DOTM Ultimate Prime in the same scale ?

Is the new DOTM Leader Ironhide more or less in scale with the ROTF Human Alliance figures ?

Thanks for the info !
Xterminator
Minibot

Postby DMSL » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:32 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
I really like that Leader Ironhide.

If he isn't as oversized as Leader Bumblebee and closer to Voyager size and in scale with the Prime Leader figure from ROTF i will definately get him.

Instead of making him ubersize they should make him in scale with the regular line(s) and just pack him up with a good transformation, detail, paintjob and articulation. I am also hoping they will include the movie weapons and not just the crappy mechtech gun.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Endurance: 7

Postby Ironhide516 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:31 am

I am wondering why the AMP Wrecker is so less detailed & armed in his alt mode than the Lowes Wrecker :???:
All he's got is his mech-tech weapon; the Lowes guy is armed to the teeth. And I wonder if the third one will be a repaint of one of these two, like they did w/ the Arcee sisters.
Ironhide516
Micromaster

Postby Varia31 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:50 am

Motto: "So long as a noble warrior lives, he must never give up the fight until his final breath."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Curses. :-? Just when I thought towards the Ultimate Optimus Prime "oh, I can pass on this one, after all, I've got my custom RoTF Prime which looks great", my mind gets changed by seeing his great detailing and paint job in these Toy Fair images. And the truck mode looks great too! Oh well, another Optimus for my collection it seems, and a large one at that! :lol:
Varia31
Vehicon
News Credits: 3
Watch Varia31 on YouTube
Strength: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby Kurai-Z » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:58 am

Motto: "The warrior's path is paved with the scraps of the fallen."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
"TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH VOYAGER CLASS and DELUXE Action Figure Assortments
(Approximate retail price: Voyager $11.99; Deluxe $19.99: Ages: 5 & up; Available: 5/16/2011)"

Yay, cheap Voyagers! Lol, looks like a typo.
---
Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb.
Kurai-Z
Mini-Con
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Postby GetRightRobot » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:52 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
That has got to be Whirl!!! Awesome!
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Courage: Infinity

Postby Xterminator » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:12 am

DMSL wrote:I really like that Leader Ironhide.

If he isn't as oversized as Leader Bumblebee and closer to Voyager size and in scale with the Prime Leader figure from ROTF i will definately get him.

Instead of making him ubersize they should make him in scale with the regular line(s) and just pack him up with a good transformation, detail, paintjob and articulation. I am also hoping they will include the movie weapons and not just the crappy mechtech gun.

I'm also excited with Leader Class Ironhide, but I disagree about your size expectations ...

IMO any figure labeled Leader Class should be at least 10 inches tall. Therefore, Leader Ironhide should be more or less in scale with the Human Alliance cars, not with the regular Deluxe automobiles.
Maybe, it will even be possible to accommodate the humans seated inside Ironhide's Truck mode :-)
Xterminator
Minibot

Postby OlivusPrime » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:52 am

Motto: "Let justice prevail over death."
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
There have been so many leaks that not much of this line is new information! But it all has ups and downs:
Ultimate Optimus suddenly looks awesome here, I'm finally having thoughts about buying him. Still, more pics of regular robot mode would be nice.
Leader figures - big disappointment. Sentinel Prime looks awesome and seems to be in scale, but Ironhide is unnecessary and do I even need to touch on Bumblebee? A Leader Megatron would be so much better.
The Voyagers are fairly meh too - I would only get Skyhammer and Megatron. Ironhide looks good, but the 2007 one is still, for me, better.
The Deluxes are the best... pure awesomeness. Roadbuster and Topspin look great, and the new Sideswipe is shaping up to be cool too. Crankcase is still cool, although Bumblebee looks worse than his BB incarnation. Will be interesting to see how tall Ratchet is in comparison to other figures.

Recently Bought: Universe (2008) Powerglide, RTS Trailbreaker, DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime
OlivusPrime
Fuzor
Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 9

Postby Daken3687 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:59 pm

damm wreckers are buy for me, voyager shockwave,im also going to get the choppa, sentinel prime, and my oh my ultimate prime reminds me of a bay-merican god ginrai but the supposed 80 bucks may be too much
Daken3687
Mini-Con

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A 0124IM238 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #29 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JAN210501 29A (CA) Malkova (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #29 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 3B GI JOE 1223IM272 (CA) Shalvey (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238040 (CA) Barry + Spicer"
VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #45 RE IDW Comics 2015 210411A (CA) Coller"
Transformers MORE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210587 3B (CA) Padilla"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #4 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 JUN221675 4C (CA) Stone"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #3 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Autobots Mini-Bot"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #4 con cvr Vol 2 IDW Comics 2015 convention"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Secrets & Lies #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 MAR200704 2B (CA)Coller"
TRANSFORMERS '84 S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 2 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Landmine Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM855 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Autobot WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Autobot WHEELJACK ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON