This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Shout Factory working on Beast Wars and Transformres Takara Collection DVD sets

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Shout Factory working on Beast Wars and Transformres Takara Collection DVD sets

Postby B.K. » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:38 pm

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Transf ... tion/15023

As our regular readers know, Biran - who was the producer of the G1 Transformers sets for Shout! - revealed on Twitter last Tuesday that he's working on a new Shout! Factory set of DVDs for Beast Wars: Transformers, the '90s CGI series. This info was certainly noticed by a wide range of people, and the call went out once again for the Takara episodes. By the next day, Brian was tweeting hints like "Big news re: BEAST WARS yesterday. But that's just one of MANY titles I'm excited to be working on. Anyone speak Japanese? #NotReallyAsking".

However, despite that hint on Wednesday, Brian's REAL revelation came along on Friday, when he made another Twitter post that left no room for doubt that he's not only working on a Takara Transformers Collection, but he was actually interested in help from the fans: "Looking for bonus feature material re: TRANSFORMERS TAKARA COLLECTION. Commercials, etc. Got anything? #DoesntMeanImWorkingOnIt #YesItDoes" Fans interested in helping can, of course, reach him by responding to his tweets on Twitter. You can also leave a message for him in the Takara thread at the Shout! Factory message boards (the first link at the top), but keep in mind that the studio is planning to overhaul their site in the near future, and we're not sure yet what will happen to the message board content there.

Finally, in case there is still any doubt about a Shout! Factory project for these post-G1 Japanese items coming to the USA, today Brian tweeted the comment, "Working hard on the upcoming BEAST WARS and TAKARA COLLECTION sets. But can this really be considered 'work?'" So it's a done deal. No word yet on whether this release is limited to the obvious productions of 1987's Transformers: The Headmasters, 1988's Transformers: Chôjin Master Force, and 1989's Transformers: Victory, or whether other material would be included as well...such as a more complete version of the 1986 production Transformers: Scramble City than was previously made available in the USA, as well as 1990's Transformers: Zone production.

Also, as it is VERY early in terms of this project, there's no word yet on when it will be out (like with Beast Wars, we can quite possibly expect it later this year, but naturally there is no guarantee of that at this early stage in the process). Stay tuned, and we'll keep you updated, as further developments occur!
B.K.
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Re: Shout Factory working on Beast Wars and Transformres Takara Collection DVD sets

Postby Duke of Luns » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:11 am

Beast Wars is getting me excited because I dont' have it on DVD, but the Takara Collectin too, in Region 1? Yeah!!!! :D
Duke of Luns
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Re: Shout Factory working on Beast Wars and Transformres Takara Collection DVD sets

Postby Pretender Skywarp » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:33 am

A decent western release of Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo is long overdue!!
Pretender Skywarp
Headmaster
News Credits: 36

Postby Duke of Luns » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:33 am

Pretender Skywarp wrote:A decent western release of Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo is long overdue!!

I don't see those shows mentioned at all. Don't get me wrong, I am more than in the same boat as you, but "Takara Collection" = Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory. However, if it's been confirmed that Shout Factory has the rights to Beast Wars II and Neo, then I would be more than happy to be proven wrong.
Duke of Luns
Gestalt

Postby Supreme Convoy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:00 pm

Ah hell, I just bought the Australian set!

If they include better bonus material, I might consider double dipping.

So glad to hear about Beast Wars. I don't have those on DVD yet.
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Re: Shout Factory working on Beast Wars and Transformers Takara Collection DVD sets

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Unless these come with a whole bunch of extras (and unless the Headmasters set has its missing footage restored and subtitle errors fixed), then I'll pass. I own the Metrodome boxed set, as well as downloads of the TV-Nihon fansubs of all three series.

And I could personally do without the Omni Productions dub. I tried to watch The Headmasters dub and, even though I made it about a third of the way into the series, I wasn't laughing so much as I was cringing and whining.

Metrodome included the whole Omni dub of The Headmasters on their DVDs, but not that of Masterforce and Victory. Madman, however, included the whole Omni dub of The Headmasters, the Omni dub of Masterforce episodes 1, 4, 41, and 42, and the whole Omni dub of Victory on their DVDs.

Some things I'd like to see on these DVDs would be all the clip shows (including the direct-video ones), even if they didn't add anything to the plot, placed in the bonus material. Of all the clip shows these three series had, the special OVA "Shūta and Grand's Masterforce Super-Secrets!" is a must-have, as it explains several things not given answers to in the episodes themselves (like, why Ginrai looks like Optimus, who BlackZarak is, the "true" backstory of Devil Zed and Godmaster Transtectors, and so forth).

And, yeah stuff like commercials and such would be nice. But again, I already own the compiled UK DVD boxed set and the TV-Nihon fansubs, so I'll be on the fence about getting these.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby El Duque » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
We previously reported that Shout! Factory was working on a new release of 'Transformers: Beast Wars', and it now appears the 'Transformers Takara Collection' is also in the works! TVShowsOnDvd is reporting that Shout! DVD director Brian Ward has dropped a number of hints via is Twitter account.

It was just over a year ago, while Shout! Factory was enjoying the success of their award-winning "G1" releases of Transformers on DVD, that a fan who used the nickname "gaastra" asked the studio, via a post at their official message board, the following question labeled "Transformers Takara Shows":

What would it take to get the takara shows (headmasters, masterforce, victory, zone) a release in america? UK and au both have it and america gets nothing. Is there anyway at all to get a r1 release? How about selling a try-out dvd on shouts website? You could include the first episode of all three shows. These shows need a R1 release.

By the next day Shout! DVD producer Brian Ward had responded, asking for feedback about interest in such a release. After all, these stories are the natural follow-up to the G1 Transformers, continuing in Japan with adventures never aired on this side of the Pacific. The message board discussion goes on for a long time, with Brian pointing out what the obstacles would be (and me backing him up a couple of times, in the face of various forms of disbelief about what he's saying). Still, despite those issues, the idea certainly was never shot down; it was clear that the fan base in the USA and Canada had clear interest in a Region 1 title for this so-called Takara Transformers Collection.

As our regular readers know, Biran - who was the producer of the G1 Transformers sets for Shout! - revealed on Twitter last Tuesday that he's working on a new Shout! Factory set of DVDs for Beast Wars: Transformers, the '90s CGI series. This info was certainly noticed by a wide range of people, and the call went out once again for the Takara episodes. By the next day, Brian was tweeting hints like "Big news re: BEAST WARS yesterday. But that's just one of MANY titles I'm excited to be working on. Anyone speak Japanese? #NotReallyAsking".

However, despite that hint on Wednesday, Brian's REAL revelation came along on Friday, when he made another Twitter post that left no room for doubt that he's not only working on a Takara Transformers Collection, but he was actually interested in help from the fans: "Looking for bonus feature material re: TRANSFORMERS TAKARA COLLECTION. Commercials, etc. Got anything? #DoesntMeanImWorkingOnIt #YesItDoes" Fans interested in helping can, of course, reach him by responding to his tweets on Twitter. You can also leave a message for him in the Takara thread at the Shout! Factory message boards (the first link at the top), but keep in mind that the studio is planning to overhaul their site in the near future, and we're not sure yet what will happen to the message board content there.

Finally, in case there is still any doubt about a Shout! Factory project for these post-G1 Japanese items coming to the USA, today Brian tweeted the comment, "Working hard on the upcoming BEAST WARS and TAKARA COLLECTION sets. But can this really be considered 'work?'" So it's a done deal. No word yet on whether this release is limited to the obvious productions of 1987's Transformers: The Headmasters, 1988's Transformers: Chôjin Master Force, and 1989's Transformers: Victory, or whether other material would be included as well...such as a more complete version of the 1986 production Transformers: Scramble City than was previously made available in the USA, as well as 1990's Transformers: Zone production.

Also, as it is VERY early in terms of this project, there's no word yet on when it will be out (like with Beast Wars, we can quite possibly expect it later this year, but naturally there is no guarantee of that at this early stage in the process). Stay tuned, and we'll keep you updated, as further developments occur!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Transf ... z1E4Emq8Mw
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby GetRightRobot » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:26 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Beast Wars!!! Zone, Victory and the rest!! Sweetness!! :D
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Skill: 7

Postby kirbenvost » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
This is pretty exciting! :D I never got to see any of the Japanese G1 shows, so this would be a very welcome release.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Heavy B » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:38 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
takara collection??? pass

beast wars for the win
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Skill: 5

Postby combatron6969 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Takara Collection would be nice for me. But i would prefer if they re-dubbed the English version.
combatron6969
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:46 pm

combatron6969 wrote:Takara Collection would be nice for me. But i would prefer if they re-dubbed the English version.
Which is pretty doubtful to happen, since Shout! Factory is a DVD distribution company and not a voice dubbing studio.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby GetRightRobot » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
kirbenvost wrote:This is pretty exciting! :D I never got to see any of the Japanese G1 shows, so this would be a very welcome release.

Dude, atleast look up Transformers Zone. The title has the letter Z, and its like the most famous Z of all time: DRAGON BALL Z!! Capes, Hand Weapons, Energy Blasts!!! It is freakin sweet!!! :x
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Ultra Markus » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:21 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
it would be cool to have but I'm divided between listening to the bad English voice overs
or listing to the dramatic (and better sounding) Japanese language with subtitles
hopefully they will give you the ability to choose between the different languages
and subtitles
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:39 pm

Ultra Markus wrote:it would be cool to have but I'm divided between listening to the bad English voice overs
or listing to the dramatic (and better sounding) Japanese language with subtitles
hopefully they will give you the ability to choose between the different languages
and subtitles
If you admit that the English voices are bad and the Japanese ones are dramatic, then what's the dilemma? Go for the Japanese track with English subs.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby SunChaser74 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:52 pm

Motto: "--"Freedom is Another term for 'Nothing Left to LOSE'"..."
Weapon: Direct-Current Electrical Laser
--"I have been waiting for an American release of these for like 2 decades... Finally, It is about time... I know there are bootlegs out there, but I want a genuine copy from someone reputable... Thank you for reporting on this!!"...
SunChaser74
Mini-Con
Strength: 4
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:58 pm

SunChaser74 wrote:--"I have been waiting for an American release of these for like 2 decades... Finally, It is about time... I know there are bootlegs out there, but I want a genuine copy from someone reputable... Thank you for reporting on this!!"...
Both the UK and Australian DVDs are official non-bootleg releases. They are genuine copies from reputable sources.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby SunChaser74 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:09 pm

Motto: "--"Freedom is Another term for 'Nothing Left to LOSE'"..."
Weapon: Direct-Current Electrical Laser
--If they were never officially released here then the only region 1 or region-free discs found ARE bootlegs... I mean really?!
SunChaser74
Mini-Con
Strength: 4
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby It Is Him » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:31 pm

SunChaser74 wrote:--If they were never officially released here then the only region 1 or region-free discs found ARE bootlegs... I mean really?!

The official Australian releases are region free. Yes, really.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:43 pm

It Is Him wrote:
SunChaser74 wrote:--If they were never officially released here then the only region 1 or region-free discs found ARE bootlegs... I mean really?!

As is the UK Headmasters set. It plays fine on at least two of my DVD players.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Motto: "Roll out!"
OMP THIS IS AMAZING

Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby It Is Him » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:36 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
It Is Him wrote:

As is the UK Headmasters set. It plays fine on at least two of my DVD players.

That, I did not know.

Behold Sabrblade: The human encyclopedia
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby agentk9 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:29 am

I'm confused...Headmasters wasn't released in America? I remember watching headmasters as a kid. Can anyone clear this up?
agentk9
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:41 am

agentk9 wrote:I'm confused...Headmasters wasn't released in America? I remember watching headmasters as a kid. Can anyone clear this up?
You're not referring to the three-part episode of G1 called "The Rebirth", are you? That featured some Headmaster and Targetmaster characters, but was only three episodes long.

The Japanese series called "Transformers: The Headmasters" was created in Japan and was never dubbed in English for Western audiences. It was however, dubbed in English for Malaysian audiences by a group in Hong Kong called Omni Productions in the late 80's/early 90's. But that dub was ridiculously awful and (thankfully) never saw a release in North America.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby rpetras » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:06 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I'll be getting all of these!

I don't have BW on DVD, and I have never seen the Headmasters+ stuff.

Looking forward to it!
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON