This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Prime 'Con Job' Promo

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Transformers Prime 'Con Job' Promo

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:43 pm

Not sure, but I think Makeshift died, since the bomb was attached to him. That was indeed the best original name from Armada, and made sense for this guy's function, but since he became a fake Wheeljack that uses swords, it would've been so much cooler if he'd been named Slicer. They've used the name Skyquake, and Slicer was a Botcon exclusive even more recently, so it couldn't have been too obscure for whoever's doing the homage homework.

As much as that bit of pandering would've meant to me, none of the pandering that made it into this ep worked. Skyquake is so obscure that just using the name in the first one-off ep was enough, and the Scraplets were done right, but this one just fell flat. Aside from non-Wheeljack, I'm worried that the name 'Wreckers' is getting tossed around too casually these days, what with them NASCARs in DOTM having the same title. Just as the concept of combining happened so often in Energon that by the end of the series it had gone from dramatic to meaningless, I can see where the attention payed to making references to past TF media ring true throughout Animated has come to an end, which could easily result in a boring laundry list by the end of Prime.

Animated also maintained a consistent feel for the relative power and abilities of its characters that gave the show a real dynamic, something lacking in Prime since the Autobots have mostly the same fighting powers, and it's hardly ever clear if any 'cons besides the top 3 and guest-stars are even sentient or just drones. Wheeljack's casual departure at the end amplified this by leaving it confused just what the stakes of this war are. Up until now, wasn't it presumed critical that these last 5 Autobots stop the Decepticons on Earth? Doesn't that make Jackie's decision to fly off seem so irresponsible that it's borderline treasonous? Not that he was so unlikeable that I wanted him to die, but that would have made a lot more sense if they had to write him out.

Ah well, I still have high hopes for Prime, but so far its most redeeming quality is still the sexual tension between Jack Darby and Arcee.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Ragnorok64 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:59 pm

I think this was the best episode as far a pacing and stuff was concerned, but I am not liking these one episode character appearances. GI JOE is making it work but not so much with Transformers thus far, if you ask me.
Ragnorok64
Fuzor

Postby First Gen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
I liked it. Different incarnation, different characters. The homages are pure awesome too.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Doctor McGrath » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I wonder where they got their inspiration for this Wheeljack? Prime is Prime. Bulkhead has alot of his Animated characteristics. Bee and Ratchet are movie-verse. So where does this WJ come from? I don't mind the fact that he was a former Wrecker, but I would have liked him to still be a scientist (IDW Perceptor).

I am excited at the mentioning of the Wreckers but I doubt we will ever see them. I don't see the regular cast growing at all.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Tristar » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:03 pm

What was Drift doing inside of wheeljack's body? :D

Sorry couldn't help myself because that's what it seem like to me. When he makes his reappearence he could be a science ninja bot. Sorta reminded me of Prowl from animated which honestly isn't a bad thing.

As for the Dinobots...It could be that they're already on earth only in stasis lock.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Spectral Dragon wrote:I hereby declare HMW shall now be known as Heavy Metal Crack (that's HMC for short)!
Tristar
Combiner

Postby Red 50 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:11 am

Motto: "Never send an army to do a dinobot's job"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Tristar wrote:What was Drift doing inside of wheeljack's body? :D

Sorry couldn't help myself because that's what it seem like to me. When he makes his reappearence he could be a science ninja bot. Sorta reminded me of Prowl from animated which honestly isn't a bad thing.

As for the Dinobots...It could be that they're already on earth only in stasis lock.

Like Skyquake was?
Red 50
Gestalt Team Leader
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #3 var WHM Marvel Comics 2022 JAN220961 (CA) Bazaldua 240415B"
NEW!
SHE-HULK #3 var WH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL + ECHO #1 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 2023 APR238648 (CA) Noto"
DAREDEVIL + ECHO # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #15 var Marvel Comics 2023 APR230855 (CA) Hotz (W) Percy (A) Smith"
GHOST RIDER #15 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 var foil Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230655 (CA)Hughes 240415E"
NEW!
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #33 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 2021 JUL218322 (W) Zdarsky (A/CA) Checchetto"
DAREDEVIL #33 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #14 var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2023 APR230842 (CA) Chew (W) Rowell 230627A"
SHE-HULK #14 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #23 var Stormbreakers Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230851 (CA) Bazaldua"
MOON KNIGHT #23 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #8 Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221023 (CA) Ngu (W) Percy (A) Smith"
GHOST RIDER #8 Mar ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #11 var Spider-Verse Marvel Comics MAR230885 (CA) Johnson"
DAREDEVIL #11 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVENGE OF COSMIC GHOST RIDER #2 Marvel Comics 2020 (A/CA) Hepburn NOV190764"
REVENGE OF COSMIC ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #1 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 APR220762 (CA) Stegman (W) Zdarsky"
DAREDEVIL #1 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER ANNUAL #1 Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230871 (CA) Giangiordano (W) Percy"
GHOST RIDER ANNUAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1 var headshot Marvel Comics 2023 DEC220857 (CA) Nauck"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #14 Marvel Comics 2023 JUN231042 (W) Zdarsky (A/CA) Checchetto"
DAREDEVIL #14 Marv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON