This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

3rd Party reproduction G1 Techspecs

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

3rd Party reproduction G1 Techspecs

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:48 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Do you have a collection of G1 figures? Do you still have the Tech specks, and if so are they still intact?
Well if you don't, or they're no longer very pretty there is a solution!
A new fan run 3rd party company by the name of "Atomic Laser" has sent us the following e-mail containing information on their first product:
A new third party offering is now available.

An entire 1984 set of reproduction Technical Specification Cards

Digitally recreated from the ground up as new super clean high resolution artwork. The art has been fine completely revamped. Color matching ensures consistency throughout every card in the set. Some fine tuning of graphical elements helps to really bring the whole set together as well. For example, all of the "coding" that obscures the power levels is done in the same style for all the cards.

This set is intended a a neat clean pristine collection of cards to accompany the original '84 toys. Certain artwork, like Bluestreak's, has been edited to resemble the actual toy. (Bluestreak is silver instead of Blue etc..)

Digitally Remastered
High Resolution Printing
Laminated for longevity

A special offer is being extended for the first ten buyers as well. The price per set of 28 cards in box with decoder is normally $34.95 however the first ten units will be sold for only $24.95.

This is the first of many new offerings to come from Atomic Laser!

You can visit their website by clicking here, you can even order the tech specks directly from them by going to the "toys" part of their website or you can order them from seibertron.com sponsor BigBadToyStore by clicking here!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: 3rd Party reproduction G1 Techspecs

Postby First-Aid » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:18 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
This is a great idea, but this is WAY too close to copyright infringement. I've been looking for something like this for ages, but I'm worried what Hasbro may do. It's one thing to remake their figures without using their names, but this is a flat out rip off of their idea...especially if the names and pictures are the same as the original toys art.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Black Bumblebee » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:48 am

...or I could just print them on cardstock using my printer.

This is one of those situations where I feel the word "Pass" is most appropriate.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Mkall » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:29 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
If I collected G1, I might see the value, but I don't so it's a pass.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Amelie » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
Really, really cool.

Really, really expensive.

If I could, I would, but I can't, so I won't.
Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:24 pm

I've got to agree with First-Aid. This is a very cool idea for those folks who no longer have their G1 Tech Specs/Cards (I'm not one of those folks) but unless the entire front of the package is one huge disclaimer written in bold print and sporting a picture of the sellers face firmly puckered to a Hasbro Executives ass, these guys are in for a world of trouble.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Flux Convoy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:53 pm

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Yeah, cuz Hasbro still uses this style of tech spec today. What's that? They haven't for, I dunno, ever? I don't see these being an issue for them. Oh and seriously, these are freaking rad.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby MightyMagnus78 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:31 pm

Motto: ""Consistency is victory.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Amelie wrote:Really, really cool.

Really, really expensive.

If I could, I would, but I can't, so I won't.

Ditto
MightyMagnus78
Godmaster
Alt Mode: Truck
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Already been said. Interesting, but too expensive and a pass for me.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby robofreak » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:55 pm

They are cool and a nice way to spruce up a collection, but it's at this point in the hobby that I question what the fandom is doing. There's obviously enough people buying G1 KO's that it's turned into the mess that we see today.

I do smell a potential lawsuit with this, but at the same time Hasbro hasn't done anything about the other bootlegs so I don't think they'll do anything about this. If anything I don't think they actually care. I'm pretty sure that reprolabels doesn't bother them either.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby MightyMagnus78 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:48 pm

Motto: ""Consistency is victory.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
robofreak wrote:They are cool and a nice way to spruce up a collection, but it's at this point in the hobby that I question what the fandom is doing. There's obviously enough people buying G1 KO's that it's turned into the mess that we see today.

I do smell a potential lawsuit with this, but at the same time Hasbro hasn't done anything about the other bootlegs so I don't think they'll do anything about this. If anything I don't think they actually care. I'm pretty sure that reprolabels doesn't bother them either.

I really don't understand why Hasbro doesn't do something to stop those bloody KO's, surely it would be in their interests to do so???
MightyMagnus78
Godmaster
Alt Mode: Truck
Strength: 9
Endurance: 8

Postby robofreak » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:55 pm

The reason Hasbro can't really do much about it is because of copyrights I think. I stand to be corrected on this. I know the reason for it is explained in tfwiki.

Basically the actual rights to the G1 designs have expired so Hasbro can't bother with them. After a certain amount of time has passed, the ability for anyone to produce makes it free game.

There has to be a work around though. Hasbro probably isn't actually affected by it though.

Anyways, let's not turn this into a ethics issue here. Let's try to focus on the tech spec themselves. It was partially my fault for doing that.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt

Postby Flux Convoy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:45 pm

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
robofreak wrote:They are cool and a nice way to spruce up a collection, but it's at this point in the hobby that I question what the fandom is doing. There's obviously enough people buying G1 KO's that it's turned into the mess that we see today.

Why would they even bother with this? This isn't anything Hasbro is pursuing or making an attempt to reestablish. They have issued cease and desist orders to Reprolabels in the past(Or so we've been told). As far as I can recall, it was only about stickers sets that were supposedly harmful to the brand. Stuff like supporting smoking and smoking ads. It's why they don't sell the Diaclone Wheeljack set anymore. From my understanding, Reprolabels and 3rd party products are fairly safe. Safe until they start hitting the hundred plus dollars mark that is.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby robofreak » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Flux Convoy: That's why I said they won't do anything about it. It's too small scale for them to really care.

That and looking at the price of the tech specs and talking to a couple friends in the printing business. This is most likely a break even operation.

I saw the creator made a post on TFW about wanting someone to do a video review of these. I think it would be better to do a standard write up for these since there's nothing that's worth showing on a video unless these can combine into Papertron or something.

Mini rant that I'll later turn into a thread. I hate video reviews. I would much rather read a review that has pictures. I base my opinions off those a lot better than on a video.

robofreak
Gestalt

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:02 pm

I don't get the freakout about copyright infringement here. You know what's worse? Faith Leader. Know what else is worse? The Quints, both Arcees, City Commander, Defender, all the various Energon Cubes, the "high quality" KOs, and every other thing mentioned throughout this section of the forum.

Anyhow, the price is balanced with the fact that this is all the tech specs from that line. Too bad I don't collect them ...
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Astronopolis » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:44 am

Whats with all the OMG INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT talk? they're no longer used anymore, they have been altered from their original state, and they're CARDS.

ok rant over.

these are pretty BA, i can see these accompanying a nice Classics collection. Not a bad price really since you get an entire set, theyre all laminated and presumably printed on quality cardstock. I might get these down the line when i get a nice display going
Astronopolis
Fuzor

Postby Skyfire77 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:29 pm

Motto: "Science can't move forward without heaps!"
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Black Bumblebee wrote:...or I could just print them on cardstock using my printer.

This is one of those situations where I feel the word "Pass" is most appropriate.

This.

28 Specs for $35 + S&H?
You can fit probably five or six of them on a sheet of photo paper, and that's what, $2 a sheet?
Skyfire77
Headmaster
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby El Duque » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:32 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
If you purchased Atomic Laser's G1-TSC-84 Reproduction Technical Specifications Card Set you'll be pleased to know they will be releasing sets for the 1985 line-up as well.

This set is volume 1 in a two part set for year 1985. Digitally recreated from the ground up as new super clean high resolution artwork. The art has been fine tuned. Color matching ensures consistency throughout every card in the set. The "coding" on this set is done in the 1985 style.

This is intended a a neat clean pristine collection of cards to accompany the original '85 toys. Certain artwork, has been edited to resemble the actual toy. (Proper toy colors on Astrotrain, Omega Supreme etc...) Digitally Remastered High Resolution Printing Laminated for longevity. Red Decoder is included.

Volume one is available for advance preorder at their website: Atomic Laser

According to their facebook page there will also be a booster pack that includes tech specs for the Powerdashers, Onmibots, and Reflector.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Blackstreak » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:54 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
I would so love to order a set of both '84 and '85. They could be useful for a quick reference for roleplaying. I still have that large poster that lists every single TF from the '80s.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Lord Onixprime » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:01 am

Skyfire77 wrote:
Black Bumblebee wrote:...or I could just print them on cardstock using my printer.

This.

28 Specs for $35 + S&H?
You can fit probably five or six of them on a sheet of photo paper, and that's what, $2 a sheet?

It's really not that bad. $1.25 a card. Look on eBay at the originals tech spec cards and you are spending anywhere from $0.20 to $4 more per card. Then these are enhanced quality, assumable to be printed on decent materials and laminated. I doubt they are making any money on this and they are saving you money on replacing the originals. Printing supplies are expensive, and making these yourself would be time consuming. Between man hours and supplies, I guarantee you it's cost you more in the end.

I've barely got a G1 collection, mostly consisting of reissues and a couple of vintage minibots so I've got no real interest in these, but they aren't a bad price at all.
Lord Onixprime
Headmaster Jr

Postby gothsaurus » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:32 pm

Being a bit OCD, it's nice to have them all match in size, weight, and style... not to mention having the art tweaked to match the actual figures, etc.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby The Legend » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:47 pm

Are there people who collect tech specs? The bios, stats and art are a google search away for anyone that wants them. I just can't see the demand. :???:
The Legend
Headmaster Jr

Postby Mkall » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:33 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
The Legend wrote:Are there people who collect tech specs? The bios, stats and art are a google search away for anyone that wants them. I just can't see the demand. :???:

To be honest, if I collected G1 figs, I probably would've jumped at this set of reproductions.

Heck, I don't collect G1, and I've still been tempted, would've been nice to put into a collector's binder of something

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8

Postby El Duque » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:51 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
I just got their first set. They are very nice, great quality and they're even laminated for durability.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Burn » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."

Exactly.

Considering I have a complete set of scanned tech specs, they're not exactly hard to find and print yourself.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Next

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE (Purple) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy 2018"
IRONHIDE (Purple) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 MEGATRON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure 2023 New"
G2 MEGATRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 1 2020 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK + WHEELIE Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" dino figure WV2 figure 2023"
GRIMLOCK + WHEELIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN LEADER OPTIMUS PRIME W/ MATRIX Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 4 New"
FALLEN LEADER OPTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop Movies Transformers Rise Beasts ARCEE Vinyl Figure 1374 2023 New"
Funko Pop Movies T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON + KREMZEEK Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" figure WV2 2023 New"
MEGATRON + KREMZEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy 2018"
IRONHIDE (Blue) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN STARSCREAM Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" Dead action figure WV5 2024"
NEW!
FALLEN STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BANZAI-TRON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action master figure WV1 2022 New"
BANZAI-TRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Purple) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Purple) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 5 2022 New"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop Movies Transformers Rise Beasts OPTIMUS PRIMAL Vinyl Figure 1376 2023"
Funko Pop Movies T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON (Red) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
MEGATRON (Red) Tra ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON