This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

End of the Line for Transformers United?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

End of the Line for Transformers United?

Postby El Duque » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
It looks like the end could be near for Takara's Transformers United Line. According to a post at Autobase Aichi the new issue of Japanese Toy Magazine Kero Kero Ace is reporting that Transformers United will be coming to end with March's wave 4. There's been no news of any United figures scheduled for release in April, and the Dark of Moon line is scheduled for release in May. Are Scourge and company the end of the road for United?
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: End of the Line for Transformers United?

Postby #Sideways# » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:08 pm

Motto: "Wake up. Wake up and smell the ashes."
Weapon: Dual Compression Cannons
I sure hope not! I was starting to get used to the shinyness!
Check out my YouTube for my Transformers Trading Card Game lists, gameplay and general thoughts on the game!
#Sideways#
Godmaster
News Credits: 62
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Alt Mode: Motorcycle
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:15 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
I was hoping for at least one more wave, with Warpath, Black Shadow and possibly Dauros (Skullgirn).
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Pr1meSuspect » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:17 pm

Motto: "Old soldiers never die, they just fade away..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Man, that would be a bummer. I atleast want a repaint of Scourge to pose as a Sweep. Maybe there will be changes with the Generations and Reveal the Sheild lines, maybe they will release some repaints.

I mean, in a lot of the instructions we've seen the figure with different head molds. Like on Thunderwing's there was a picture of him with a new head resembling Black Shadow.

So maybe the end of United means the end of the Generations and Reveal th Shield is near us. But there will most likely be a "Generations 2.0" including some of those repaints they gave us.
Pr1meSuspect
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Agamemnon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
It seems to me that this has happened each time the movie toys came out. Each time we were saddened to hear of the end of the line (Classics, then Universe). Then after each movie, we were elated to hear about the continuation of the line under a different name. Plus, didn't Hasbro state a while back that there were no plans to stop the Generations line? (I remember getting chided by one of the veterans around here who is "in the know" about my comment calling Generations a "place-holder line". The vet was adamant that Hasbro had no plans to stop the line.)
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Stormrider » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:45 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
I think the Classics line in general has been pretty successful. Hasbro and Takara may have originally created the series as a placeholder but it did better than expected. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the series returns after the movie under a different name.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:48 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Oh, thought they were talking about Hasbro's Generations/RTS line. Don't gimme a heart attack again! 8-} And also, to those who live in Japan/order the United counterparts online, I'm terribly sorry. My sincerest apologies. See, I can be classy at times. 8-}
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
i hope this doesnt mean generations is on the way out too, its by far the best tf line of all time and still has so much potential. Im getting tired of it being around then going away for a year then returning under a new name, just keep the line going call it universe again so that way you can have new molds and repaints of old molds too. Hasbro saves money with repaints & keeps the fans happy with new molds plus its a line that can be a main one or a secondary one its an all around toy line.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10

Postby Seibertron » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:12 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I think Generations will take a hiatus until after the movie products die down. Maybe start up again in time for Christmas or for the fall product line.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby NTESHFT » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:29 pm

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Seibertron wrote:I think Generations will take a hiatus until after the movie products die down. Maybe start up again in time for Christmas or for the fall product line.

That's kool with me since my wallet definitely needs a break. Right now there maybe only 2 toys from the movie line I'm getting. I can't wait for them to start back, though. I wonder what they are going to do next....
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Alt Mode: NISMO 370Z
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby robofreak » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:34 pm

This doesn't phase me.

United has some cool stuff, but right now, I'm in a position that I have to be wise with my spending. RTS and Generations in my opinion is still pretty good stuff. The difference between Takara and Hasbro boils down to how you like your paint apps.

I think as far as Classics go, I only own 5 that are Henkei figures. That was mostly because I was dumb back in 2007 and ignored Classics. (Been kicking myself ever since) I still need Cliffjumper, Grimlock, Jetfire, Astrotrain, and Optimus from that line. :BOOM:

I have absolutely no worry that the line will come back under a different name after the movie. It always has and always will.

While the line shuts down, it will give me some work room while I plow through the DOTM line and work on completing my AEC collection. Works to my advantage if you ask me.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby T-Macksimus » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Megatron Wolf wrote:i hope this doesnt mean generations is on the way out too, its by far the best tf line of all time and still has so much potential. Im getting tired of it being around then going away for a year then returning under a new name, just keep the line going call it universe again so that way you can have new molds and repaints of old molds too. Hasbro saves money with repaints & keeps the fans happy with new molds plus its a line that can be a main one or a secondary one its an all around toy line.

I agree, it's an excellent general purpose line. Like our fearless leader said though, it will probably take a hiatus while the Movie line steals the spotlight but I don't think it will go away for a year or so like it's done before. Smart money would be on Hasbro keeping it on as a secondary line the way a lot of stores have been hanging on to TFA while RTS/Generations/RotF is running through. As for the United line, I wouldn't expect it to disappear entirely either. It's probably going to run the same way, taking a back seat to DotM for awhile. Some of us may have to do a little extra driving around to round out our Generations collection as the stock dwindles, but that's just the hazard of this hobby. Happens with every line that's put out.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Rated X » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:58 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
It's good and bad at the same time.

Good because now Hasbro has the door wide open to get the paint schemes right the first time.

Bad because Hasbro has a tendency to experiment with their own twisted vision of what colors kids like best rather than sticking to the G1 cartoon.

Does anyone miss the days in the 80's when the only difference between Hasbro and Takara issues was the box ??? I know I do...

Also, once DOTM is over they will have no other choice but to return to the Classics/Generatioms/RTS theme which is what collectors want. I dont think theyre going to invest in a seperate Transformers Prime line and have a repeat failure similar to Animated AKA shelfwarmers.
Rated X
Banned
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Mkall » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:59 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Makes sense, Takara only seems to do one main line at a time. I just hope that Rumble/Frenzy will make their release before then end.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Intelligence: 8

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:10 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
this doesn't affect me in the last. Unless absolutely necessary, no way in hell am I paying so much money for some new paint and chrome. I've got to be careful with my money and the Hasbro stuff's been fine and dandy for me!
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:25 pm

Motto: "Roll out!"
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Strength: 10+
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: ???
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:52 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
robofreak wrote:I think as far as Classics go, I only own 5 that are Henkei figures. That was mostly because I was dumb back in 2007 and ignored Classics. (Been kicking myself ever since) I still need Cliffjumper, Grimlock, Jetfire, Astrotrain, and Optimus from that line. :BOOM:

You too? I actually ignored Classics as well, because I didn't know what the Classics line was about. Don't judge me, I was only like 9 or 10! :lol: The only Classics I actually got were accidents, but I'm glad I didn't return them. They were Voyager Megatron and Deluxe Bumblebee. I regret passing up Classics Prime the only time I saw him, and it gets even sadder; I had just enough to get him too. :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Skill: 9

Postby Naked Magnus » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:53 pm

Now you Henkei snobs will be forced to buy those "inferior" Hasbro toys.
Formerly known as "revengeofstarscream"
Naked Magnus
Headmaster Jr

Postby GetRightRobot » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:53 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
United ending? Silver lining = money for 3rd party stuff.

The generations line may go too. RTS and Gen. are too similar in products. One or the other has to go. Even if both go, Robo's right, they will be back. Hasbro will ALWAYS and forever reuse old molds. All that R & D going to waste? I don't think so.

For those who want repaints: you'll get them. Not one single "classics" figure has only been issued once.

So United fans: I am sorry for your loss. But there is always a place for premium figures in the collector market, and for that small niche, their will always be a product, even it is not as common or accessible as the movie crap.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Intelligence: 2
Courage: Infinity

Postby robofreak » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:03 pm

I still want my black Optimus Prime repaints.

Everyone says the concept of black repaints has been beaten to death, but I love black repaints. Granted I don't have a lot of them, but it's my intention to start buying them up when I get a chance.

I'd also like to get WFC Soundwave repainted as Soundblaster. That would make my day
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:10 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
another reason why the movie is bad.
:CON:
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby robofreak » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:28 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:another reason why the movie is bad.

So the movie is bad because a toyline that was meant to be temporary is going to be shut down so a toyline for a summer blockbuster movie can come in and rake in millions of dollars so Hasbro can make more Neo G1 goodness is a bad thing? Clarify please.

If you ask me, I think the movie toys are awesome. I own almost all of the stuff from the first 2 movies and don't regret any of my purchases.

robofreak
Gestalt

Postby Agamemnon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:32 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
GetRightRobot wrote:For those who want repaints: you'll get them. Not one single "classics" figure has only been issued once.

Were Hound and Ravage repainted? Octane? Astrotrain?

I don't know why I do that... :BANG_HEAD:
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut

Postby robofreak » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:45 pm

Agamemnon wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:For those who want repaints: you'll get them. Not one single "classics" figure has only been issued once.

Were Hound and Ravage repainted? Octane? Astrotrain?

I don't know why I do that... :BANG_HEAD:

Hound and Ravege: Repainted for Botcon 2010

Astrotrain: If you count Classics and Henkei as repaints then yes. Seeing how they both have very different color schemse

Octane/Tankor: To my knowledge he has not been repainted. He most likely will though. Just a matter of time.

robofreak
Gestalt

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:53 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
robofreak wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:another reason why the movie is bad.

So the movie is bad because a toyline that was meant to be temporary is going to be shut down so a toyline for a summer blockbuster movie can come in and rake in millions of dollars so Hasbro can make more Neo G1 goodness is a bad thing? Clarify please.

If you ask me, I think the movie toys are awesome. I own almost all of the stuff from the first 2 movies and don't regret any of my purchases.

Hah, man you guys are so serious. I just said it to piss off you movie fans really, coz I knew it'd hit a sweet spot. But really, I don't care. Its not like I can afford United figures much anyway. Although if I had any toyline to give priority to, it would be the classics. The only good side is the money will I GUESS go towards keeping hasbro and TF figures afloat for longer. Stating that the toyline is temporary does't really matter, most toylines have a start and finish, and so far, the main ones still going for a long time are the classics and the movie, the movie just coz of the fact that theres an actual movie, the others coz its appealing to kids and TF collectors. And who is to say their TF movie figure sales are going to feed the neo G1 figures? might go to the HUNDEREDS of other areas hasbro might need the cash.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr O 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240119 2O (CA) Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr R 1:15 LINE ART Dynamite Comics DEC230221 1R (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #2 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics JAN230439 2A MOTU Nunez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics MAR230301 4B MOTU Lopez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240108 2D (CA) Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #1 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics 2021 MAY210225 1A MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #3 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics FEB230374 3A MOTU Nunez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr G FOIL Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230210 1G (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr Y 1:75 VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230228 1Y (CA) Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr X 1:60 FOIL VIRGIN Dynamite Comics 1X (CA) Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr O LTD virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230218 1O (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #2 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics AUG231236 2C Hardman"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr Q 1:20 foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240121 2Q Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #2 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics JAN230440 2B Jones + Su"
Masters Universe M ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON