This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

PS-01 Primars Video Review

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

PS-01 Primars Video Review

Postby El Duque » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
YouTube reviewer peaugh has posted a review of TFCToy's super-deformed rendition of Optimus Prime PS-01 Primars. The figure appears to be roughly deluxe size and has a lot of nice little touches: removable face plate, movable eyebrows, LED light-up eyes, and more. Check out the video review below.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: PS-01 Primars Video Review

Postby Beericade » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:25 pm

Motto: "Most perverted bot mode ever!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
That little guy rocks! :APPLAUSE:
Beericade
Micromaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby MGrotusque » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:47 pm

That's not bad at all actually!

What makes me laugh is that this little guy has swivel feet and a waist that rotates but Hasbro couldn't do it with deluxe Warpath.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby GetRightRobot » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:04 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
He is so cute!! I must have him....uh *cough* I mean, thats fraggin sick dude!!
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Pr1meSuspect » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:59 am

Motto: "Old soldiers never die, they just fade away..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
He's so cute and "super- deformed!" :lol:
Pr1meSuspect
Fuzor
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Ravage XK » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:38 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
I am actually pretty impressed with this figure. Its pretty basic but its clearly had a lot of thought put into it. Plenty of detail and nice little touches. I was prepared to dismiss it as a novelty but I quite like it in the same way I like Disney's Prime/Mickey cross over.

I really must stop watching these reviews as half the fun of a new transformer is getting it in your hands and discovering its features for yourself. Video reviews tend to kill that and I feel I dont need to buy the figure myself, so they save me money which is a good thing for me but bad for the retailers.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Skill: 10+

Postby whacko » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:40 am

Weapon: Proton Rifle
This little figure is really awesome. However I am not sure yet if he is $60 awesome. I know there is a lot of overhead with making these custom short run toys but I wish there was a way that 3rd party Transformer makers could deliver a figure like this one more in the $30 price range.
whacko
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Ravage XK » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:41 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
whacko wrote:This little figure is really awesome. However I am not sure yet if he is $60 awesome. I know there is a lot of overhead with making these custom short run toys but I wish there was a way that 3rd party Transformer makers could deliver a figure like this one more in the $30 price range.

Agreed, I think these third parties are taking advantage somewhat.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Skill: 10+

Postby GetRightRobot » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:30 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Ravage XK wrote:
whacko wrote:This little figure is really awesome. However I am not sure yet if he is $60 awesome. I know there is a lot of overhead with making these custom short run toys but I wish there was a way that 3rd party Transformer makers could deliver a figure like this one more in the $30 price range.

I'm not real clear on the costs for producing something like this, but I imagine it is considerable. The actually product manufactured and assembled in China most likely costs very little per unit. But the R & D and packaging, moulds, graphic artists etc, I'm sure they are not making $50 profit a figure or anything. Certainly they are making money, but I wonder how much is actual take home profit?
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Kibble » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:53 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Ravage XK wrote:

Well, one question is how much are the 3rd parties actually charging per unit? All we know is the retailers are selling them for $60. For example, we know iGear charges $110 for Arcee and BBTS charges $140. If I had to guess, BBTS is getting some kind of wholesale discount and is paying less than $110 a piece for theirs...and I'm also gessing they're not getting dicked with the $17 shipping fee for each figure either so these guys appear to be making a healthy profit per fig. Anyhow, the point is...are they $30 a pop and the retailers just charge $60? Who knows?
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 0923IM468 6E (CA) Infante (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #42 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 FEB220435 42B (CA) Gauntt"
TRANSFORMERS #42 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #35 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231010N"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #21 Cover A IDW Comics 2018 21A The Falling"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 1RI (CA) Milne 230305B"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #65 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (CA) Sienkiewicz 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr A Duke Image Comics 2023 1023IM897 (CA) Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #31 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAR210484 31RI (CA) Caltsoudas"
TRANSFORMERS #31 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 4B 0224IM256 (CA) Bressan + Lucas"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210585 9RI (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Destro Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #14 Cover B IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 14B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #14 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #15 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 15B (CA) Burcham SEP190684"
TRANSFORMERS #15 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON