This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

American Red Cross accepting donations for Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

American Red Cross accepting donations for Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami

Postby Diem » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:46 pm

As you know an incredibly violent earthquake hit the north of Japan, killing hundreds and devastating land, houses and crops. Many people have had their friends, families, possessions and property ripped away from them. Right now, aid and support are streaming in from all over the world.

While others are doing their part to help, Transformers fans have an especially strong connection to Japan. Without Diaclone and Microchange toys our hobby wouldn't even exist and many of us have a Masterpiece, Binaltech or United figure on our shelves right now. Red Cross is taking donations and putting it towards relief and support for the survivors. Contributions can be made by credit card or by Amazon payments. Donators can go here to make a contribution. If you're unable to make a donation, that's OK too. We're not posting this to guilt people into donating, we just want to do our part to help and let all of you know that the Red Cross is taking donations.

If you prefer, the Red Cross is accepting donations via text message. Sending the word REDCROSS to 90999 will automatically donate $10 to the fund, with the $10 being added to your next cell phone bill.

American Red Cross wrote:JAPAN EARTHQUAKE AND PACIFIC TSUNAMI

Your gift to the American Red Cross will support our disaster relief efforts to help those affected by the earthquake in Japan and tsunami throughout the Pacific. On those rare occasions when donations exceed American Red Cross expenses for a specific disaster, contributions are used to prepare for and serve victims of other disasters.

Financial contributions to the American Red Cross are tax-deductible.

For Seibertronians outside of America, or for those who want to contribute to a different charity other than the American Red Cross, please Google for the charity service nearest you. As always, please make sure that the organization to which you are donating money is a trustworthy organization. Here are a couple of Google search examples: japan tsunami charity, japan tsunami donations

Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who is suffering from this natural disaster.

American Red Cross wrote:American Red Cross Responds to Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami

National Headquarters
2025 E Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20006
http://www.redcross.org

FOR MEDIA ONLY
Phone: (202) 303 5551

WASHINGTON, Friday, March 11, 2011 — The American Red Cross stands ready and willing to assist following a magnitude 8.9 earthquake in Japan and the resulting tsunami that affected other countries in the Pacific region.

The Japanese Red Cross Society has extraordinary disaster response capabilities, and has mobilized eleven teams to heavily-damaged communities to provide assessments and first aid and prepare to supply emotional support and relief. The American Red Cross is in communication through its global partners with the Pacific nations that sustained the most damage, and stands ready to provide assistance as needed. To date, the Red Cross has not received any requests for blood from the Japanese Red Cross, the Japanese government or the U.S. State Department.

With potential danger headed to the west coast of the United States, Red Cross chapters are on alert and stand ready to provide assistance as needed in their communities in coordination with local and federal response partners. Red Cross warehouses in Saipan (Northern Mariana Islands), California, Washington and Hawaii are mobilizing resources; and approximately 100 mobile feeding vehicles are on standby. Evacuation shelters are open with additional locations on standby in Oregon, Washington and California.
The Red Cross does not collect blood in Hawaii but has reached out to other blood collection agencies to offer services and is on standby to support any blood needs across the mainland as well.

The best way to contact or locate U.S. citizens living or traveling in Japan is to contact the U.S. Department of State, Office of Overseas Citizens Services, at 1-888-407-4747 or (202) 647-5225. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) has offered to assist Japan with restoring family links.

In addition, with ongoing evacuations in the United States, the Red Cross Safe and Well website is a secure and easy-to-use online tool that helps families connect during emergencies like tsunamis. There are several easy ways to register yourself or search for a loved one on the Safe and Well website: from a computer, visit http://www.redcross.org, from a smartphone visit http://www.redcross.org/safeandwell or from any phone, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) for help registering.

Those who want to help can go to http://www.redcross.org and donate to Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami. People can also text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation to help those affected by the earthquake in Japan and tsunami throughout the Pacific.

About the American Red Cross:
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies nearly half of the nation's blood; teaches lifesaving skills; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a charitable organization — not a government agency — and depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit http://www.redcross.org or join our blog at http://blog.redcross.org.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Re: A Seibertron.com Appeal: Please Contibute To The Red Cross

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:25 am

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Diem wrote:Image

Donations can also be made by text. Sending the word REDCROSS to 90999 will automatically donate $10 to the fund, with the $10 being added to your next phone bill.

No-brainer. Thank you Diem for reminding me i could do that. Guys, this is a world wide community, consider waiting to purchase a deluxe figure, people need help desperately. If you can afford to help, please consider doing so.
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: American Red Cross accepting donations for Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami

Postby The Dude » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:40 am

Motto: "I never save pictures of any new toy, because before I know it, I'll be sick of seeing its ugly mug on Walmart shelves. Isn't that right, Mudflap?"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I'm not skilled with a cell phone, so...

does it have to be in all caps?
The Dude
Minibot
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Re: American Red Cross accepting donations for Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami

Postby prmlove1 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:29 pm

Motto: ""Till all are mine""
Weapon: High-Powered Plasma Blaster With Infra-Red Sight
The Dude wrote:I'm not skilled with a cell phone, so...

I put it in all caps and it worked fine. I may not have much money rght now but I feel like the people need help and I must do my part to help them.
I am looking for a set of Botcon 2012 Junkions at a decent price...
prmlove1
Micromaster
Buy from prmlove1 on eBay
Strength: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby Seibertron » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:52 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I updated the site's header to include an ad I created to direct people to the news topic for this. Hopefully this helps.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby The Dude » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:26 am

Motto: "I never save pictures of any new toy, because before I know it, I'll be sick of seeing its ugly mug on Walmart shelves. Isn't that right, Mudflap?"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
prmlove1 wrote:
The Dude wrote:I'm not skilled with a cell phone, so...

I put it in all caps and it worked fine. I may not have much money rght now but I feel like the people need help and I must do my part to help them.

I actually asked because I can't do a caps lock. I can only text "Redcross." No other cases.
The Dude
Minibot
Strength: 3
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10

Postby Adroc » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:15 am

Weapon: 16 Cannons
Great Post!

It got me to donate some funds for Japan.

Thank you!
Adroc
Mini-Con

Return to General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
SOUNDWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023"
HYPER STEEL MEGATR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Jumbo Transformers UNICRON Vinyl Figure #103 SDCC convention 2022 New"
Funko Pop! Jumbo T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALLIGATICON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" alligator Optimus Prime figure 2023"
ALLIGATICON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers BUMBLEBEE Vinyl Figure #23 Retro Toys 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Red) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Red) Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop Movies Transformers Rise Beasts ARCEE Vinyl Figure 1374 2023 New"
Funko Pop Movies T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Blue) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 ReAction Orange 2023 New"
HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Purple) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Purple) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 MEGATRON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure 2023 New"
G2 MEGATRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON + KREMZEEK Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" figure WV2 2023 New"
MEGATRON + KREMZEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy 2018"
IRONHIDE (Blue) Tr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON