This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Chaos

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers: Chaos

Postby harvester » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:01 am

I can't find much on what this is. Anyone know what this is all about? I was going to go to Wondercon in SF this year and I found this for Sunday's Event

Sunday, April 3
1:30-2:30 IDW: The G.I. JOE and Transformers Comics Panel— Join writer Mike Costa and IDW senior editor Andy Schmidt as they discuss the upcoming plans for both major franchises for 2011 and into 2012! What can you expect from the much-raved about G.I. JOE: Cobra Civil War?! And what is Transformers: Chaos and how will it reshape the Transformers universe forever? Room 254/256

Im assuming not much is known if it says "And what is Transformers: Chaos", but was hoping someone might know some rumors.
harvester
Fuzor

Re: Transformers: Chaos

Postby Fortress Rodimus » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I have no idea other than it is the next mini after Heart's of Darkness that is all i can find online. But i do miss wondercon. Have not been in about 4 years and now moved to Co.
Fortress Rodimus
Minibot

Postby harvester » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:29 pm

Well I'll take some pics but I think I'm only going Sunday. I guess I'll have to catch up on Heart's of Darkness in case Chaos is a continuation.

Wish they would do more Evolutions... every once in a while..
harvester
Fuzor

Postby harvester » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:18 pm

Didn't get to make it. Did anyone here get the chance to see the panel and find anything out about anything?
harvester
Fuzor

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:20 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Big events are coming for IDW and Transformers. Forget All Hail Megatron. Forget INFESTATION. What they have planned is total 'Chaos' (my words not theirs)! Starting this summer with Transformers Ongoing Issue #21, IDW comics plan to launch a huge event in the Transformers generation one comics universe. Set to become a bi-weekly comic starting in July, Transformers fans are in for what sounds like a great summer blitz of bot goodness.

Are you tired of the current ongoing Transformers not referencing past issues and events like MEGATRON: ORIGINS, and Simon Furman’s story arc that started it all for IDW and Transformers? Be ready to have those concerns addressed as the Transformers comics continue from Summer 2011 to the end of the year.

Starting out with ‘Chaos Theory’, and continuing into ‘Chaos’ one can only imagine what that will mean for our ever changing adventurers.

In the middle of all the chaos will also be a story arc called ‘The Last Earth Story’. Yes, you read that correctly.

Check out the full release schedule news'd here, last night!

If that doesn’t get you psyched for where Transformers is headed, maybe a bit of the art below will help convince you. Besides regulars like Alex Milne, James Roberts, Mike Costa, and Guido Guidi contributing to the creation of the Transformers story and art, IDW welcomes two new members to the fold to take on some of the art chores. Brendan Cahill and Livio Ramondelli make their mark on Transformers as they help continue the chaos. Check out a shot of each of the new creator's work below.

We look forward to being able to provide you with more IDW related Transformers news in the coming weeks, including creative team interviews, teases, and some images to make you drool!

Brendan Cahill's cover for issue #22...

And Livio's cover for Chaos Issue #1...
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby _Anshin_ » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:27 am

I wish that IDW would get on the ball and do an open archive online for paid subscribers. I would love to go through old issues in order. Since my local shop shut down I have not been able to find a place that carries the stories I am looking for.
_Anshin_
Brainmaster

Postby El Duque » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:36 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Interesting. I guess I'll have to get caught up and find the couple of issues I've missed. I've kind of lost interest in the comics lately. Got a huge stack of ones my local shop's been pulling for me that I've yet to read.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby kirbenvost » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:39 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
No EJ Su? :( Oh well, Brendan Cahill's art looks very promising. I'm not caught up on the current comics as I wait for the trades, but this definitely sounds promising. :)
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Speed: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby Prime Evil » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:44 am

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Liking the looks of the new artwork so far. Looks like Bee has got a "pimp cane". ;) Guess he never got fully repaired. Poor lil guy. Voice box doesn't work in the movie, and now he's all gimpy in IDW. LOL!
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Angelus » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:21 am

I do not worry much about the art.
Every artist does it differently and most of the time all it takes is just a little getting used to.

I am more worried about the story.
IDW has ongoing now for more than 1,5 years and have yet to come up with a decent story. Now it is going bi-weekly... *gasp*
Anyway, I must admit. I do have hope for the future. I actually like to believe that the people at IDW listed to the comments and came up with a way to make all the IDW comic stories one (!) big story and that the bots have something going today, will remember what happended with Sunstreaker and Hunter etc. etc.

Love to see it happening!
That doesn't mean I do not like to see that continuation of the Marvel series.
I would even like it more when both will be happen, rather now than later.

William *time to get back to work :)*
Angelus
Mini-Con

Postby Doctor McGrath » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:21 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I see the second picture has Ironhide and Streaker back into the mix. I've stayed with the Ongoing this whole time so hopefully it pays off this summer. I love the look of the new art. With them getting off Earth, I'm also hoping the stories can involve a wider variety of characters.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Cyberstrike » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:40 am

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Angelus wrote:I do not worry much about the art.
Every artist does it differently and most of the time all it takes is just a little getting used to.

I am more worried about the story.
IDW has ongoing now for more than 1,5 years and have yet to come up with a decent story. Now it is going bi-weekly... *gasp*
Anyway, I must admit. I do have hope for the future. I actually like to believe that the people at IDW listed to the comments and came up with a way to make all the IDW comic stories one (!) big story and that the bots have something going today, will remember what happended with Sunstreaker and Hunter etc. etc.

Love to see it happening!
That doesn't mean I do not like to see that continuation of the Marvel series.
I would even like it more when both will be happen, rather now than later.

William *time to get back to work :)*

I hate it when comic book characters (and not just the Transformers) keep rehashing the past over and over again for no good reason other than to waste trees. I don't need Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, and every other Autobot bitching about Sunstreaker becoming a Headmaster or whining about poor old Hunter's fate every freaking issue (I hated Sunstreaker becoming a Headmaster and never gave a rat's ass about Hunter either).

It's because of that kind of garbage is one of the many reasons why I avoid all of DC Comics like the plague and 98% of Marvel's comics as well.
Cyberstrike
Headmaster
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10+
Skill: 5

Postby Angelus » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:44 am

Cyberstrike wrote:I hate it when comic book characters (and not just the Transformers) keep rehashing the past over and over again for no good reason other than to waste trees. I don't need Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, and every other Autobot bitching about Sunstreaker becoming a Headmaster or whining about poor old Hunter's fate every freaking issue (I hated Sunstreaker becoming a Headmaster and never gave a rat's ass about Hunter either).

It's because of that kind of garbage is one of the many reasons why I avoid all of DC Comics like the plague and 98% of Marvel's comics as well.

I meant more like they would remember something like that rather than pretending nothing ever happened like that.
No need to address an historical issue if it is not relevant, I totally agree!
Angelus
Mini-Con

Postby partholon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:48 am

gotta admit.

i LIKE this brendan cahill guys art !

ive been off the book since issue 8 and this is the first time ive actually been excited enough to put down cash for it in ages.

its a make or break deal for me, but with art like this and someone of the calibre of james co plotting and writing with costa it bodes EXTREMLY well from my POV.
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby craggy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:22 pm

that head in the 2nd pic, looks like Unicron, which would fit with "Chaos". "The Last Earth Story" huh? Probably set in the future, or maybe an alternate universe, or possibly even just that TFs get outlawed and have to leave Earth for a while, but I'm kinda hoping Unicron eats the planet.

edit: d'oh, I realised he was purple, but I didn't see the middle crest, so it's obviously Galvatron. Oh well, I still stand by my suggestion that it's Unicron related.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Cyberstrike » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:14 pm

Angelus wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:I hate it when comic book characters (and not just the Transformers) keep rehashing the past over and over again for no good reason other than to waste trees. I don't need Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, and every other Autobot bitching about Sunstreaker becoming a Headmaster or whining about poor old Hunter's fate every freaking issue (I hated Sunstreaker becoming a Headmaster and never gave a rat's ass about Hunter either).

I meant more like they would remember something like that rather than pretending nothing ever happened like that.
No need to address an historical issue if it is not relevant, I totally agree!

I agree too.

My thoughts on this are: just because the Autobots don't talk about it doesn't mean that they have forgotten about it. It could be that they don't talk about it because it's a painful memory that many are trying to get over and maybe some of them have gotten over it.

You should check out Transformers: Ironhide Sunstreaker mentioned his mistreatment by humans and regret that he betrayed the Autobots in Transformers: Ironhide #3 and #4 and it was relevant to the events of that series.

IMHO dragging 124 issues of backstory, history, and continuty and/or reatstrting a series after 20+ years of it being canceled (the Furman writing #81 idea) isn't the best way to attract new readers.
Last edited by Cyberstrike on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyberstrike
Headmaster

Postby Heavy B » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
soooooo its one big ass bi-weekly retcon? COOL

memo to IDW: KEEP SHANE MCCARTHY FAR, FAAAAAAAAAAAAR AWAY.
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity

Postby Cyberstrike » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:55 pm

Dr. Heavy B wrote:soooooo its one big ass bi-weekly retcon? COOL

IDW should bring Shane McCarthy back full time on ongoing.
Cyberstrike
Headmaster

Postby Heavy B » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Cyberstrike wrote:

Shane ignored most of the prior story lines going into All Hail Megatron, making this bi-weekly retcon needed.

Do you know what became of Ore-13?
Do you know how hunter came into decepticon hands AFTER being rescued at the end of maximum dinobots?
Do you know how cybertron suddenly became bearable to reside on DESPITE the supposed deadly atmosphere shown in stormbringer?

these are questions that bug the hell out of me, and i place blame on shane for not reading anything put out prior. dont get me wrong, I did enjoy AHM, but those question bother me to this day.

BTW, what ever happened to jimmy?
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity

Postby Stryker055 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Motto: ""Let the slaughter begin.""
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
Dr. Heavy B wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:

Shane ignored most of the prior story lines going into All Hail Megatron, making this bi-weekly retcon needed.

Do you know what became of Ore-13?
Do you know how hunter came into decepticon hands AFTER being rescued at the end of maximum dinobots?
Do you know how cybertron suddenly became bearable to reside on DESPITE the supposed deadly atmosphere shown in stormbringer?

these are questions that bug the hell out of me, and i place blame on shane for not reading anything put out prior. dont get me wrong, I did enjoy AHM, but those question bother me to this day.

BTW, what ever happened to jimmy?

This was explained in Ironhide: Alpha Trion was behind the scenes working to fix everything up.

I, for one, like Shane McCarthy. He can write some pretty good stuff, like Spotlight: Blurr and that much better-than-expected Drift mini. It's just a shame AHM ignored so much, though the Coda really helped tie it to the earlier comics, partially redeeming the series in my eyes, at least.
Stryker055
Mini-Con
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Supreme Convoy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:26 pm

I'm excited for the upcoming storyline!

craggy wrote:that head in the 2nd pic, looks like Unicron, which would fit with "Chaos". "The Last Earth Story" huh? Probably set in the future, or maybe an alternate universe, or possibly even just that TFs get outlawed and have to leave Earth for a while, but I'm kinda hoping Unicron eats the planet.

edit: d'oh, I realised he was purple, but I didn't see the middle crest, so it's obviously Galvatron. Oh well, I still stand by my suggestion that it's Unicron related.

Yeah, I would be surprised if Unicron is involved in some way by the end of the event.
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby Supreme Convoy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:34 pm

Huh. I just realized that Jazz is on a cover in spite of recent events.

Not that I expected him to die after the recent issue but I figured that something bad would happen to him. Since it's "The Last Earth Story" he is exiled from the planet?
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Supreme Convoy wrote:Huh. I just realized that Jazz is on a cover in spite of recent events.

Not that I expected him to die after the recent issue but I figured that something bad would happen to him. Since it's "The Last Earth Story" he is exiled from the planet?

Jazz, Prowl, BBee, etc. are investigating Skywatch...Spike and others are up to shenanigans...--that's what Editor Schmidt shared with me, which I assume he wants me to get out there to start people thinking.

Chaos has to dowith Cybertron, and some battle being waged there by Prime, Sunstreaker, Ironhide, and others.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Courage: 9

Postby synapse » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:09 am

Weapon: Black Magic
Dr. Heavy B wrote:memo to IDW: KEEP SHANE MCCARTHY FAR, FAAAAAAAAAAAAR AWAY.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Cyberstrike wrote:IDW should bring Shane McCarthy back full time on ongoing.

Yeah, so we could get another 6-issues-of-absolutely-nothing, followed by 6-issues-of-nonsense.
synapse
Fuzor
Watch synapse on YouTube
Buy from synapse on eBay

Postby Angelus » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:37 am

synapse wrote:Yeah, so we could get another 6-issues-of-absolutely-nothing, followed by 6-issues-of-nonsense.

And that is why we need Furman to continue the Marvel series.
More nonsens will happen in 6 issues...
:)

No really, get that Marvel run started up!
Next to that bi-weekly clean up run of ongoing...
Angelus
Mini-Con

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #42 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS + MY LITTLE PONY #3 IDW Comics 2020 MAR200693 (CA) Fleecs"
TRANSFORMERS + MY ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers FATE OF CYBERTRON #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 APR221599 Brokenshire"
Transformers FATE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 3RI (CA) Chan"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JUN221673 4A (CA) Roche"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Perlin (W) Macchio 230915O"
TRANSFORMERS THE M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #65 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (CA) Sienkiewicz 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR239177 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926Q"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Trimpe 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #12 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926J"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 1023IM387 3C (CA) Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr D Doubt Image Comics 2023 1123IM811 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON