This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Galleries: Action Masters Wheeljack, Gutcruncher, Axer, Bumblebee, and Jackpot!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Galleries: Action Masters Wheeljack, Gutcruncher, Axer, Bumblebee, and Jackpot!

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:51 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
TRANSFORMERS ACTION MASTERS! Whether you loved or hated them for their articulation and the fact the figures themselves could not transform. The Action Masters late addition to the Generation 1 family have come to the famous Seibertron.com galleries. So grab yourself some Nucleon and enjoy the galleries by clicking on the images below.

Wheeljack with Turbo Racer

Gutcruncher with Stratotronic Jet

Axer with Off Road Cycle

Bumbleebee with Heli-Pack

Jackpot with Sights

Seibertron.com The Ultimate Transformers Resource
Last edited by LOST Cybertronian on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: New Galleries: Action Masters Wheeljack, Gutcruncher, Axer, Bumblebee, and Jackpot!

Postby Gripen1974 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:55 am

Motto: "Speed, Stealth and Storms is the 3 S that is essential tools for a good recon run"
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Sonic Shell Cannons
If they did a Gutcruncher repaint of generation perceptor or warpath would i be happy and if they get a remold head would i really like it.
Gripen1974
Micromaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Re: New Galleries: Action Masters Wheeljack, Gutcruncher, Axer, Bumblebee, and Jackpot!

Postby Overcracker » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:07 am

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Very cool. So a Lancia Stratos drives a Ferrari looking vehicle. Interesting.

By the way, the text link for GutCruncher with Stratotronic Jet leads to Wheeljack instead. The Picture's link is fine though.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby Windsweeper » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:34 pm

Have to agree that a Gutcruncher repaint of Warpath would be nice but aren't they calling him Sparkcrusher these days?

Personally, I always loved Actionmasters. My first Megatron and Soundwave were the Actionmaster versions. My only issue back in the day was the size. I had a G1 Prime but ended up getting the Actionmaster version because he towered over AM Megatron.

They did look great with the Triggercons, Firecons and Combiners. I used to love having Motormaster beat the slag out of AM Prime.

AM Jazz and Grimlock looked a lot better with their Pretender shells than the actual inner bots did.

Ironically, me and my mate had 2 Kick Offs and they both lost a leg.

I still have them all and about 2 years ago, for a tenner, a friend sold me a bag of them containing Overrun, Gutcruncher, Krok AND Bombshell! Couldn't believe it. In bot mode he looks better with Kickback and Shrapnel than the original ever did. Sadly, Overrun and Gutcruncher did not have their vehicles.

I'd love to see Energon Divebomb repainted as Banzai-tron. My aforementioned mate is doing a repaint for me.

G1 Jazz, Prowl or ROTF Breakdown as Axer and Kick Off.

Generations Windcharger as Jackpot.

Armada Skywarp as Skyfall.

Classics Megatron with head remold as Treadshot.

Battle Ravage as Catgut.

I like to think AM Devestator is a Nucleon soaked version of the Micromaster version. Makes more sense size wise.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Overcracker wrote:By the way, the text link for GutCruncher with Stratotronic Jet leads to Wheeljack instead. The Picture's link is fine though.

Who, what, when, where, why and how? I noticed that shortly after posting and fixed on the front page but forgot to fix it in the thread. Thanks for letting a brotha know.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander

Postby Supreme Convoy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:47 pm

Man, I love the Action Masters line as a kid.

I think it was because they were similar to GI Joe and that they were the first posable Transformers figures available at the time.
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby JokerFC » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Motto: "Erin Go Bragh!!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
absolutely love Action Masters.have quite a collection of them and Im considering expanding them even more.have all the main guys but now Im jonesing for some more.

Gutcruncher is one of my fave Cons ever.
JokerFC
Combiner
Buy from JokerFC on eBay
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:06 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Um, why is Jackpots Target Configuration Scanner in his crotch?

I loved these as a kid, I remember having the Optimus Prime, Shockwave, Devastator, Mainframe, and Blaster action masters. So awesome.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Cooter » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Motto: "2 Horses in a Man Costume"
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I loved the Actionmaster line when it came out, we got to see the return of so many great classics in this line that I had missed out on,(didn't own my first transformer til late in 85) I wish it had carried on but all good things have an expiration date :BANG_HEAD:
Cooter
Mini-Con
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 3
Speed: 4
Endurance: 2
Courage: 4
Skill: 7

Postby JokerFC » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:53 pm

Motto: "Erin Go Bragh!!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Um, why is Jackpots Target Configuration Scanner in his crotch?

I loved these as a kid, I remember having the Optimus Prime, Shockwave, Devastator, Mainframe, and Blaster action masters. So awesome.

all were excellent.I loved the fact Devastator was so small(LOVED his gun too)I had in my battles that although he was smaller he was still as powerful.he used to kill loads of the non big name Action Masters all the time.my current AF Collection consists of

Prime
Bumblebee
Wheeljack
Prowl
Jazz
Grimlock
Snarl
Blaster
Inferno

Megatron
Soundwave
Shockwave
Starscream
Krok
Devastator
Gutcruncher
Treadshot

I want many more though
JokerFC
Combiner
Buy from JokerFC on eBay
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Windsweeper » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:21 pm

All Actionmaster fans should have a look at this site:

http://custommasters.com/

My own AM collection:

Megatron
Starscream
Soundwave
Shockwave
Treadshot
Banzai-tron
Axer
Gutcruncher
Krok
Bombshell

Optimus Prime
Jazz
Inferno
Wheeljack
Blaster
Grimlock
Snarl
Kick Off
Skyfall
Overrun
Sprocket
Rollout

Kicking myself for not buying Double Punch at Auto Assembly last year.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby griftimus prime » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:54 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
these are what killed off the toyline.
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Diem » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:50 pm

griftimus prime wrote:these are what killed off the toyline.

The toyline was going downhill (in terms of sales and merchandising) long before Action Masters.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:36 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Diem wrote:
griftimus prime wrote:these are what killed off the toyline.

The toyline was going downhill (in terms of sales and merchandising) long before Action Masters.

Indeed. It just happens that after Action Masters Hasbro US called it quits. Hasbro UK still continued with their own toys like the Turbomasters and Predators.

I wouldn't mind trying them out, starting with, who else, Prime and Megs. :)
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby El Duque » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:42 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
I've only got two in my collection, Bonzaitron and Mainframe. I just kind of happened upon them, but I wouldn't be opposed to adding more.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:32 pm

I've got most of them given to me by a friend. They are not bad per se, just different. I do want Prime and Megatron though.

LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:17 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
These pieces of garbage are what killed off my interest in Transformers for many years. It wasn't just that couldn't transform but because they were designed to look so much more like the cartoon when in most cases the original G1 toys looked far better than a lot of the animation models and this Action Master crap looked simplistic and cruddy and for children who didn't deserve proper Transformers cos they might break them or something. I got given Blaster and Jazz and I just thought they looked pathetic compared to their original toys, particularly Jazz (at least Blaster sorta kept his visor-y type face thing and didn't use the cartoon's bland design). I can't recall what happened to Blaster but Jazz met a melty end upon his encounter with a bunsen burner in science class.
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD END Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
DEAD END Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Robots In Disguise 2023 New"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WAR DAWN ERIAL + DION Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack Hasbro 2023 New"
WAR DAWN ERIAL + D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Deluxe Predacon Hasbro 2022"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD HAULER Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager Hasbro 2022 New"
ROAD HAULER Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON