This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Ken Jeong Talks DOTM with CraveOnline

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Ken Jeong Talks DOTM with CraveOnline

Postby El Duque » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:50 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Entertainment website CraveOnline recently caught up with the multi-talented funny man Ken Jeong to discuss some of his upcoming projects. Multi-talented? In addition to becoming a well known comedic actor on both big and small screens in films such as The Hangover and NBC's Community, he's also a doctor. The Duke graduate attained his MD at the University of North Carolina and completed his Internal Medicine residency in New Orleans.

CraveOnline: Do actors ask you for medical advice?

Ken Jeong: Every single one I’ve ever worked with. And I have to keep it confidential I guess. Still bound by that, geez. Just when I think I’m out, they pull me back in.

Oh, and he's also going to be in a little film coming out this summer that you may have heard of, Transformers Dark of the Moon.

CraveOnline: Do you get a cool role in Transformers 3?

Ken Jeong: Yeah, it’s a small role in Transformers but yeah. I had an out of body experience working on that one because I just couldn’t believe I was [there].

To read the rest of the interview click here! (Don't worry, it's spoiler free)

What are your thoughts on Senor Chang's involvement in DOTM? Discuss here!
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Ken Jeong Talks DOTM with CraveOnline

Postby OptiMagnus » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:27 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
This guy is hilarious! I'm glad he's in TF3.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Alt Mode: Stock Car
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Postby The Dude » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:17 pm

Motto: "I never save pictures of any new toy, because before I know it, I'll be sick of seeing its ugly mug on Walmart shelves. Isn't that right, Mudflap?"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
This. Unless, of course, it's one last racist dig for the road. He is Asian, after all.
The Dude
Minibot
Strength: 3
Speed: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:53 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Hmmm.I was thinking of someone else. But this guy is funny, I remember him in The Hangover.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby First-Aid » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:21 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
It's nice to see Hollywood isn't completely loaded with fabid air-heads and weirdos (Tom Cruise anyone?) and that there may actually be some intelligence in there somewhere. Class act. I doubt his role will be racist...seems like he's too smart for that. Not that I believe for a moment there were racist scenes in ROTF. (trying to not get started on race vs popular culture again)
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:17 am

Motto: "Roll out!"
I saw this guy in something… what was it? Oh yeah Furry Vengeance! That was a funny movie although I’m not sure how come Mr. Fraser had to gain so much poundage! Here’s hoping that he won’t be another racist character.

Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: ???
Firepower: 9

Postby First-Aid » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:17 am

godzillabot wrote:I saw this guy in something… what was it? Oh yeah Furry Vengeance! That was a funny movie although I’m not sure how come Mr. Fraser had to gain so much poundage! Here’s hoping that he won’t be another racist character.

STOP GOADING ME! :-x

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:45 pm

First-Aid wrote:
godzillabot wrote:I saw this guy in something… what was it? Oh yeah Furry Vengeance! That was a funny movie although I’m not sure how come Mr. Fraser had to gain so much poundage! Here’s hoping that he won’t be another racist character.

You're still hung up on Skids and Mudflap being portrayed as gangbangers? That was 2 years ago, man...
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby First-Aid » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:16 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:
First-Aid wrote:

You're still hung up on Skids and Mudflap being portrayed as gangbangers? That was 2 years ago, man...

Agreed. Those characters were not racist, they were pop culture stereotypes. pop culture isn't a race. That's like saying Parrotheads are a race. Seriously. I just never understood how one can make the connection without in fact stereotyping a race themselves...and THAT is racist.

(sigh) OKay, I got it out of my system. I'm gonna go find my Crown Royal again...

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:51 pm

First-Aid wrote:
(sigh) OKay, I got it out of my system. I'm gonna go find my Crown Royal again...

You do that...and enjoy. :)
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:21 pm

Motto: "Roll out!"
First-Aid wrote:

I am honestly sorry, :-( I was not trying to offend you. If your opinion of the Twins is different then mine… then your opinion is different then mine :D

Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Strength: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: ???
Firepower: 9

Postby First-Aid » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:12 pm

godzillabot wrote:
First-Aid wrote:

I am honestly sorry, :-( I was not trying to offend you. If your opinion of the Twins is different then mine… then your opinion is different then mine :D

I'll drink to that...again... 8-}

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Postby Pr1meSuspect » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:10 pm

Motto: "Old soldiers never die, they just fade away..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
That would be a rather interesting character to find in DOTM. I wonder who he will play or if he is a serious character, comedic releif, or a small cameo like Ranin Wilson.
Pr1meSuspect
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby OptiMagnus » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:30 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
First-Aid wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
First-Aid wrote:

Agreed. Those characters were not racist, they were pop culture stereotypes. pop culture isn't a race. That's like saying Parrotheads are a race. Seriously. I just never understood how one can make the connection without in fact stereotyping a race themselves...and THAT is racist.

Yes, if I'm correct, you must associate a race with a stereotype before calling the stereotype racist. I thought the twins were "gansta's" but I think anyone can be in a gang.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Alt Mode: Stock Car
Strength: 10
Speed: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON