This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

James Roberts Lends His Talents toTransformers Ongoing

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

James Roberts Lends His Talents toTransformers Ongoing

Postby El Duque » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:18 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
James Roberts who helped bring the highly popular Last Stand of the Wreckers to life will be lending his talents to Transformers Ongoing 22 & 23. IDW Editor Andy Schmidt had this to say in the IDW Publishing Forums:

yeah, just kidding. NOT.

James IS writing TRANSFORMERS #s 22 and 23.

Who says I don't listen?

Andy

PS. I havn't done a "NOT" joke in about 15 years. That felt... kinda... weird.

To read the original thread on IDW Publishing Forums click here.
Last edited by El Duque on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: James Roberts Lends His Talents toTransformers Ongoing

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:53 pm

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Loved everything about LSoTW! Read the first issue and bought a complete g1 overlord as soon as I saw one. I've been enjoying Ongoing (yes it's true) so this will just be the cherry on top for me...and a can of whip cream emptied onto that, peppered with crushed Oreos.
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Joetx » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:24 pm

Meh. I wasn't impressed w/ the big reveal in LSotW.

And I haven't purchased a copy of Ongoing since issue #10.
Joetx
Fuzor

Postby Supreme Convoy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:08 pm

I still haven't picked up the rest of Last Stand of the Wreckers. Looks like I'll be diving in the back issue bins!
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby partholon » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:58 pm

YES !

thank jesus. i dont expect james to be the best writer ever but i DO expect a dense read.

those five issues of wreckers have more packed into em than 10 ongoings.

fair play to schmit. not easy to do this given many will say he caved in to fan preasure but as a fan who hasnt read ongoing since spike killed scrapper im glad to have a book to go back to !

:)
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby Oilspill » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:21 pm

partholon wrote:but as a fan who hasnt read ongoing since spike killed scrapper

I stopped reading around then too, but I will actually pick up 22 & 23 now to see what James can do. LSotW is my all-time favourite Transformers comic, so I'm pretty pumped for this. 8)

I wonder if they'll be kinda stand-alone side stories (hope so) or if James will continue whatever the current story thread is.
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 5

Postby synapse » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:18 am

Weapon: Black Magic
So the ongoing will at least be an intersting read... finally. Thank God.
synapse
Fuzor
Watch synapse on YouTube
Buy from synapse on eBay

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:52 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
This is great news. I have continued to read and support the ongoing but I loved LSOTW. The ongoing series hasn't been able to capture the emotion that LSOTW was able to portray. So hopefully, Roberts can get things going.

Maybe redeem UM a little??
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Skill: 8

Postby partholon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Oilspill wrote:
partholon wrote:but as a fan who hasnt read ongoing since spike killed scrapper

I stopped reading around then too, but I will actually pick up 22 & 23 now to see what James can do. LSotW is my all-time favourite Transformers comic, so I'm pretty pumped for this. 8)

I wonder if they'll be kinda stand-alone side stories (hope so) or if James will continue whatever the current story thread is.

because of the nature of the tradepaper back i'd lay money on it being either two one shots focusing on a single characters POV or a two parter thats self contained and allows him to drop back in later if its well recieved.

we got that in international incident with issus 7 and 8 so theres a precedent.

probably the first time the filler will be more anticipated than the arc.

:)
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Maybe the return of Rodimus? Or Perceptor and Springer related?

Personally, I'd like to see what Impactor and Guzzle are up to. But I wouldn't mind if it is un-Wrecker related either
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Darth Bombshell » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:04 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Who says I don't listen?

I do, because Andy said that Roberts is only writing these two issues, not taking over the ongoing on a permanent basis.

In other words, after "Hunt for the Decepticons" is over, we're going to get some more of Costa's "writing", then two issues of awesome, then go back to the usual "Shock and Awe, make no sense whatsoever" form of storytelling that he has spent the past year and a half perfecting.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #20 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010W"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010Z"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 231010I"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #68 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Turner 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222S"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero YO JOE #1 IDW Comics 2022 DEC210518 (CA) Maine"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #54 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #298 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JUL221612 298A (CA)Gallant"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #17 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010O"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 231222Y"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #276 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 276B (CA) Shearer 230607B"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Trimpe 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222G"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #34 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Morgan 231010L"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON