This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Mosaic: "Following in the Footsteps."

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Mosaic: "Following in the Footsteps."

Postby Richter » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:35 am

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

For all Transformers news / updates / information, click here

Transformers Mosaic FAQ, click here

FOLLOWING IN THE FOOTSTEPS

Story:
Zac DeBoard http://justynnbailey.deviantart.com/

Art:
D.P. http://ninjadp.deviantart.com

Lettering/Edits:
Franco Villa http://M3Gr1ml0ck.deviantart.com/

Richter
Targetmaster
News Credits: 430

Re: Tramsformers Mosaic: "Following in the Footsteps."

Postby Bumblevivisector » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:09 am

Pretty good, even if the art could've been a *tad* better.

Hmmm, I guess that thing about the coneheads being in the Nemesis at the end of Beast Wars isn't canonical since it didn't end up in the ep, so they could have come over on the space bridge before 'Dinobot Island', just like in issue 21, making this the best type of G1 mosaic: one that could take place in cartoon or comic continuity!

...oh, wait, in the comics there were no female TFs until Arcee's creation in '95. Unless there always were a few female TFs but no one ever realized it because the concept of gender was so meaningless to their species...

Ah, who cares? Slipstream still ret-cons into G1 smoother than Lugnut...
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Trikeboy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:55 am

The story is a possible G1 addition but the art in this put me right off, sorry. They tried to mix G1 and Animated and this time it didn't work besides Slipstream's Tetrajet, which does look great. My problem is the other Seekers. What's up with the coneheads? Not only do Dirge and Ramjet have the same wings, they are also upside down. Thrust looks like he is standing on a box for that shot. I'm sorry if I offended the people who created this but that's how I see this one. This one is best left behind.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:08 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
'Like'

And artistic license could allow an artist to flip wings and so forth, especially on Cybertronian robot mode (pre-Earth).

BUt yes, it does seem to have a problem being in only one of the existing continuities.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby mattyc1007 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:32 pm

Motto: "You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Hungry"
Weapon: Sword
I like, and on the artistic side. It works, very well actually. Its a style that I want more of thanks to animated :D

Transform and Chill Out!

Couldnt Resist (Check Em Out!)

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=48806

Don't delete me, not my fault I only log in every eon :(
mattyc1007
Transmetal Warrior
Watch mattyc1007 on YouTube
Alt Mode: 93 Talbot Express
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby zer0das » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:42 pm

>The art style is decent, however, one should refrain from copy & pasting similar character models--at least have different poses.

>Story is interesting, though hardly compelling. "My name is..." gags are cliché and add very little characterization. Often times, one is told to demonstrate these personalities and attributes than opposed to simply stating them. This mosaic suffers from this attempt. Reframing the scene where there is action can help dig the script out of the ground.

*1/2
1.5/5 Stars

:CON:
Ebay: audreyandscottltd
zer0das
Mini-Con

Postby GetRightRobot » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:31 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Great story. I guess it would be hard to live up to the awesomeness of the OG 3! Not tryin to be a jerk here, but the art seems a lil' bit phoned in... Still, very good snippet of TF storyline! :APPLAUSE:
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Railspike » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:41 pm

The title is misspelled. Tramsformers.
Railspike
Micromaster
News Credits: 2

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Following in the Footsteps."

Postby T-Macksimus » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:04 pm

Well, I for one can actually sit back and enjoy a good short story as a stand alone piece without having to tear it to pieces. I liked this one and got a kick out of Slipstreams very blunt summarization of each of the other Seekers that she was left to deal with. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Jetstorm92210 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:49 pm

Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
I like this Mosaic, and how it introduces Slipstream to the G1 animated canon. Though it worries me that she may be dead by the time of Season 2.
Jetstorm92210
Fuzor
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Skill: 8

Postby FanimusMaximus » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:39 am

Motto: "It's not hard to knock 'em down, it's getting 'em to stay down that's the trick!"
Weapon: High-Velocity Sonic Blaster
Ramjet's face is priceless.

Burn wrote: Spam. It's what powers the HMW part of the server.

Someone wrote:Meanwhile, Astrotrain told Fanimusmaximus to get godzillabot a nice new haircut.
FanimusMaximus
Minibot
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Postby Blackstreak » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:14 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
LOL...There's a Cy-kill statue in the background on the last frame.
8-}

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Blurrz » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:40 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
..and all she needs is a toy..
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240188 3A (CA) Nakayama (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #2 Cvr C RI 1:10 IDW Comics FEB231521 2C Myer"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #136 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 OCT221747 136A Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA) Pe"
TMNT #136 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #2 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 JUN231494 2C (CA) Woodall"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT URBAN LEGENDS #22 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 Turtles DEC190612 22A (A/CA) Fosco"
TMNT URBAN LEGENDS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #1 Cvr G 1:100 IDW Comics JAN231650 1G Eastman"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #1 Cvr D RI 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 1D 1RI (CA) Federici"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240108 2D (CA) Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZB 1:200 virgin Dynamite Comics DEC230221 1ZB Parrillo 240109"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME ALLIANCE #4 Cvr A IDW Comics NOV221620 4A (CA) Mercado"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #149 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics 2024 JAN241250 149D Turtles Ongoing Wijngaard"
NEW!
TMNT #149 Cvr D 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #7 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 SEP231298 7C (CA) Lankry"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #4 Cvr D RI 1:25 IDW Comics APR231598 4D (CA) Moore"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #2 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics JAN230439 2A MOTU Nunez"
Masters Universe M ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON