This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

CDMW-20 Sea Brigade Power Parts

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

CDMW-20 Sea Brigade Power Parts

Postby El Duque » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:46 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
You knew it was bound to happen after CrazyDevy announced they were releasing a new head for G1 Piranacon. CrazyDevy has listed their next upgrade for the undersea team, a new sword. CDMW-20 is listed as a chrome plated 154mm long upgraded giant incendiary sword made of virgin ABS Polyvac. The sword is priced at $15.95 scheduled to ship next month.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: CDMW-20 Sea Brigade Power Parts

Postby robofreak » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:53 pm

I think it's important to note that this is the cheapest upgrade CD has released yet.

It's still overpriced, but kind of cool.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby El Duque » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:56 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
robofreak wrote:I think it's important to note that this is the cheapest upgrade CD has released yet.

Actually their first offering, the new head for G1 Devy, was only 12.95. Then things started going terribly awry.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby robofreak » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:07 pm

El Duque wrote:
robofreak wrote:I think it's important to note that this is the cheapest upgrade CD has released yet.

Actually their first offering, the new head for G1 Devy, was only 12.95. Then things started going terribly awry.

What the!?!? Okay, then this is the second cheapest offering from CD.

How will they rape the fandom next?

Seriously, i'd buy this if it was like $8. I'd even buy all the Devastator upgrade if they were about $15 cheaper on all of them.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:31 am

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
Is it me, or is the sword not that chromey? I mean, compare it with Piranacon's chest doodles. :???:
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 17
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Flux Convoy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:43 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
When the (arguably) best third party group going (fansproject) can create a transforming gun, missile pods with removable missiles and extra faceplates for a head for this price... this **** is laughable. Also, Sidearm was a $10 transforming gun/robot. Jus' sayin'. These guys need to figure it out.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby JaffleMaker » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:50 am

robofreak wrote:What the!?!? Okay, then this is the second cheapest offering from CD.

How will they rape the fandom next?

Seriously, i'd buy this if it was like $8. I'd even buy all the Devastator upgrade if they were about $15 cheaper on all of them.

I totally agree with the opinion that as cool as these sets are... they are overpriced. If CD were ever to release these parts as complete sets, like for example all the predaking add ons in one box and offer say a 40% or more discount i would probably buy all of them.

But as it stands... i think i will pass.

I almost bought the menasor sword though for a custom but worked out its actually really easy and far cheaper to modify a bootleg, although it probably wouldnt look as good.

flux convoy wrote: When the (arguably) best third party group going (fansproject) can create a transforming gun, missile pods with removable missiles and extra faceplates for a head for this price... this **** is laughable. Also, Sidearm was a $10 transforming gun/robot. Jus' sayin'. These guys need to figure it out.

Also agreed. I know it won't happen but how cool would it be if fansproject just made their own upgrades for these gestaults :)
JaffleMaker
Micromaster

Postby GetRightRobot » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:20 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
I thought the sword was the Neptune sword... anyways, I really like CD's products. I have a complete American combiner collection so all of their items appeal to me. The price keeps me from buying these upgrades. Nice though.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Rated X » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:34 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
That's the 3rd freakin sword they made in a year. What happened to all the cool parts that make a stiff combiner more posable ???
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby MGrotusque » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:48 am

It's the best sword of the bunch in my opinion. It would be more tempting if it came in a three pack with all the swords CD has made for the price of just one.

The figures you can get for 20 dollars makes these hunks of plastic laughable at that price.

Although this particular sword is pretty fancy and shiny. I'm sort of like a bird that way....i get mesmerized by shiny.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby redguyver » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:11 am

Motto: "TILL ALL ARE GONE!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Rated X wrote:That's the 3rd freakin sword they made in a year. What happened to all the cool parts that make a stiff combiner more posable ???

... :-? ummmm i think while the g1 gesults were my favorite part of transformersdom... I'd have to say there not a whole heck of alot that can be done for the toys... I think crazy devy got lucky with devy since he was missing thighs and all his add-on parts are just that.... for the others your talking changing the core robot which would affect transforming or damage piece ( look at predakings wings) ...
:-$ but i do like the team stuff if only the heads and swords....I just wish they were a little lower in cost...fansproject makes transforming gun for $12...and a shiny stick is $20 :BANG_HEAD: come on...
redguyver
Micromaster
Courage: 10

Postby JaffleMaker » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:19 am

redguyver wrote:I just wish they were a little lower in cost...fansproject makes transforming gun for $12...and a shiny stick is $20 :BANG_HEAD: come on...

Stage 1: Collect underpants

Stage 2: .... .... .... ....

Stage 3: PROFIT

:D

But yes.... by having the sets so expensive they probably miss sales from a large selection of the more reserved collectors. I know I am one but I'm sure there are others that would buy these if only they were a little cheaper. :-(
JaffleMaker
Micromaster

Postby ArmadaPrime » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:26 am

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
LOVE the aesthetics on that thing...
just epic.
Certified Expertâ„¢ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:33 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
*Looks at his own sword for Piranacon* His current sword's just fine.

As for updating a G1 combiner's articulation... maybe their knees, which is next to useless without hip articulation.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Stormrider » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:41 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
redguyver wrote:
Rated X wrote:That's the 3rd freakin sword they made in a year. What happened to all the cool parts that make a stiff combiner more posable ???

... :-? ummmm i think while the g1 gesults were my favorite part of transformersdom... I'd have to say there not a whole heck of alot that can be done for the toys... I think crazy devy got lucky with devy since he was missing thighs and all his add-on parts are just that.... for the others your talking changing the core robot which would affect transforming or damage piece ( look at predakings wings) ...
:-$ but i do like the team stuff if only the heads and swords....I just wish they were a little lower in cost...fansproject makes transforming gun for $12...and a shiny stick is $20 :BANG_HEAD: come on...

They could definitely make add-on parts (forearms, thighs, hands, and feet) for all the gestalts.

By the way, what was wrong with the original Pirranacon sword?
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Stockade » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:04 pm

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
I've heard nothing but thumbs up about the sword for Predaking and im sure this one for Piranacon will be the same.

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Courage: 10

Postby Bumblevivisector » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:36 pm

Stormrider wrote:
redguyver wrote:

They could definitely make add-on parts (forearms, thighs, hands, and feet) for all the gestalts.

By the way, what was wrong with the original Pirranacon sword?

I second that last part: Is this sword really any more accurate to Masterforce, or is this a case of just bigger and shinier allegedly being better?

And I promised myself I'd stop harping on this, but since 2 different posters above me actually have different chibi-Abomini in their avatars, I have to remind anyone affiliated with CD who might be reading this:
It doesn't matter that they haven't gotten any toy-attention lately, you're still ignoring the one Scramble-City gestalt that actually NEEDS a show-accurate replacement appendage!

TERROR BRIGADE'S PURPLE HEAD!

Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Skill: 6

Postby quickmixed » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:45 am

This is the first CD piece that I have even contemplated purchasing.

I wont purchase it , but man that is a really nice sculpt.
WANTED TO BUY

C-125:Shoki, C126:Getsui, C127:Yukikaze, C129:Seizan. MIB + unused stickers PM for details.
quickmixed
Vehicon

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:30 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Unnecessary.

Crazy Devy, what happened to you? You used to be so cool...
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby robofreak » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:17 am

Counterpunch wrote:Unnecessary.

They'd go back to coolness with a 50% off tag on all their products.

Seriously, that's the main thing keeping me from buying their stuff is the price. I'm sticking with FansProject for all my 3rd party needs.

robofreak
Gestalt

Postby MGrotusque » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:08 pm

Counterpunch wrote:Unnecessary.

I disagree. Sword upgrades are a good idea and CD were never "cool". ;) They just aren't. The high prices for the upgrades from the very beginning were too high and made me have little respect for their gouge tactics. Donald Trumps of the third party market. Out for the buck and not the fans.

I could be wrong but that's my take on these guys.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Courage: 8

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL Woman Without Fear #1 Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210818 (CA) Bachalo"
DAREDEVIL Woman Wi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUNISHER #9 var Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220832 (CA) Yoon (W) Aaron"
PUNISHER #9 var Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #2 Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210850 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell 240415D"
NEW!
SHE-HULK #2 Marvel ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUNISHER #10 var Marvel Comics 2023 JAN230953 (CA) Hotz (W) Aaron"
PUNISHER #10 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUNISHER #9 Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220831 (CA) Saiz (W) Aaron (A) Saiz + Azaceta"
PUNISHER #9 Marvel ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #4 var Marvel Comics 2023 APR230852 (CA) Sandoval"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #14 var Marvel Comics 2023 JUN231044 (W/CA) Zdarsky (A) Checchetto"
DAREDEVIL #14 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 var foil Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230655 (CA)Hughes 240415D"
NEW!
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #10 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 FEB220996 (CA) Yoon (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #10 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL + ECHO #1 Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230719 (A/CA) Noto (W) Taboo + B Earl"
DAREDEVIL + ECHO # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #7 var Beyond Amazing Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220901 (CA) Andrews"
GHOST RIDER #7 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #23 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230853 (CA) Renaud (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #23 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1 var 1:100 virgin Marvel Comics 2023 DEC220861 (CA) Stegman"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #8 Planet Apes Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220944 (W) Zdarsky (CA) Dodson"
DAREDEVIL #8 Plane ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON