This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Japanese Collection-Headmasters Release Date and Price

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Transformers Japanese Collection-Headmasters Release Date and Price

Postby Pr1meSuspect » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:25 pm

Motto: "Old soldiers never die, they just fade away..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Something I might be checking out towards its release. It has sparked my interest a little bit.
Pr1meSuspect
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby It Is Him » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:02 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
It Is Him wrote:Whatevs. Now I can own an official American version of a crappy Transformers show. Hooray!
Why do people keep saying this? The Headmasters was better than The Rebirth, and actually had something that the G1 cartoon desperately needed: and overarching plot! :BANG_HEAD:

Oh, that's a matter of perspective. The Rebirth are some of my favorite episodes from G1.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
It Is Him wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
It Is Him wrote:Whatevs. Now I can own an official American version of a crappy Transformers show. Hooray!
Why do people keep saying this? The Headmasters was better than The Rebirth, and actually had something that the G1 cartoon desperately needed: and overarching plot! :BANG_HEAD:

Oh, that's a matter of perspective. The Rebirth are some of my favorite episodes from G1.
They made Fortress Maximus (specifically Cerebros) a whining wimp. And what's the point of a bunch of small organics riding inside the heads of the larger robots when they can't do anything but yell? In The Headmasters, each of them were smaller bots bonded with larger Transtector bodies using a tremendous power unlocked via the bonding process. The whole aspect of being a Headmaster in that series was way more complex and interesting than the simplistic portrayal of that in The Rebirth (and by extension, the Marvel G1 comics)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby It Is Him » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

They made Fortress Maximus (specifically Cerebros) a whining wimp. And what's the point of a bunch of small organics riding inside the heads of the larger robots when they can't do anything but yell? In The Headmasters, each of them were smaller bots bonded with larger Transtector bodies using a tremendous power unlocked via the bonding process. The whole aspect of being a Headmaster in that series was way more complex and interesting than the simplistic portrayal of that in The Rebirth (and by extension, the Marvel G1 comics)

The Rebirth is a face-paced story with a great plot and fun characters. That's all I need.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby UltraPrimal » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:22 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Oh yeah! Sixshot baby! Right on the cover where he belongs. Now if only they'd get rid of that punk Chromedome, he'd have the thing to himself.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:32 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Hopefully this does well, so that the more superior story, Masterforce, is released as well.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Transformers Japanese Collection-Headmasters Press Release

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:46 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Shout Factory! has sent out a press release regarding the Transformers: Japanese Collection - Headmasters. It will be available in stores July 5.

TRANSFORMERS: THE JAPANESE COLLECTION HEADMASTERS
Featuring 35 Episodes and Exciting Bonus Content in a 4-DVD Set
ON DVD FOR THE FIRST TIME IN NORTH AMERICA!

IN STORES NATIONWIDE ON JULY 5, 2011 FROM SHOUT! FACTORY
This summer, loyal fans and collectors can finally bring home a new installment of the ongoing animated saga of TRANSFORMERS as FORTRESS MAXIMUS, SCORPONOK and rest of the Headmasters make their U.S. home entertainment debut in TRANSFORMERS: THE JAPANESE COLLECTION Headmasters DVD set from Shout! Factory, in collaboration with Hasbro, Inc.

THE TRANSFORMERS Headmasters is the first part of the rare Japanese trilogy that followed the popular Generation 1 animated series. Available for the first time in North America, this collectible 4-DVD set features the complete action-packed episodes from the Headmasters series and contains the original Japanese language tracks along with updated English subtitles, a rare art gallery and more! Poised to attract an audience of pop culture enthusiasts, kids and parents who grew up with the American animated series, TRANSFORMERS: The Japanese Collection Headmasters is priced to own with a suggested retail price of $29.93.
Check out additional details after the jump!

TRANSFORMERS: THE JAPANESE COLLECTION Headmasters 4-DVD Set

Synopsis:
Optimus Prime lives again, the energy of the Matrix has been released and peace reigns on Cybertron . . . but all that is about to change with the startling arrival of the newest breed of Transformers warriors the Headmasters! Bonus Features Include:
Original Japanese Audio
English Subtitles
Art Gallery

Technical Information
Street Date: July 5, 2011
Not Rated: For All Audiences
Suggested Retail Price: $29.93
4-DVD
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Japanese, English, stereo

About Hasbro
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company’s world-class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as THE TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Hub, Hasbro’s multiplatform joint venture with Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is http://www.hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.

Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. © 2010 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

About Shout! Factory
Shout! Factory is a diversified entertainment company devoted to producing, uncovering and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their careers sharing their music, television and film faves with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory’s DVD offerings serve up classic, contemporary and cult TV series, riveting sports programs, live music, animation and documentaries in lavish packages crammed with extras. The company’s audio catalogue boasts GRAMMY®-nominated boxed sets, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable best of compilations. These riches are the result of a creative acquisitions mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Santa Monica, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit http://www.shoutfactory.com.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby gothsaurus » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:16 pm

I completely choose Headmasters over the USA storyline... robots trump little green men any day. They come across very campy... like old Star Trek villains or Ming the Merciless from old school Flash Gordon.

I remember hearing in one of the Botcon panels that they had to introduce some insane amount of characters in Rebirth... like 70 or more. That really comes across to me watching it... it's like reading off a list of new characters from a catalog at times.

By any means, this box set is CHEAP and totally totally totally worth buying... to see what happens to beloved characters after G1 "ends" ... and to see some toys come to life from the late G1 era.

Rejoice that these sets are finally here in a crisp, cheap set. Hats off to SHOUT!

:KREMZEEK:
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
...So will they finally speak English? Or will they still retain the English subtitles? If they talk in English, I might be interested... :-?
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby Heavy B » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
subtitles? let me tell you somthing about myself, im not paying 30 dolors TO READ
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Any good guesstimates on when the complete Japanese series set will be released?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:06 pm

Mindmaster wrote:...So will they finally speak English? Or will they still retain the English subtitles? If they talk in English, I might be interested... :-?
Prepare to be disappointed. :lol:

Dr. Heavy B wrote:subtitles? let me tell you somthing about myself, im not paying 30 dolors TO READ
Well, do you want the real story or some cheap mockery of it? No dub can capture the true spiritual essence of this or any of the Japanese G1 series. :-B

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Any good guesstimates on when the complete Japanese series set will be released?
7/12/2011

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby gothsaurus » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:54 am

Two points:

1 - if they dubbed it in english, it wouldn't be the original actors... which would come across like a bad fan-dub. This is like a fantasy. Many actors have passed away, and others like Cullen and Welker would be so expensive, it would be prohibitive. Price would jump sharply paying actors.

2 - the series is originally in Japanese. Watching it in the original Japanese puts you directly in touch with another culture, its language, humor, style, writing... without it being diluted or dumbed down by being translated and voiced — by someone with NO knowledge of Transformers or Japanese culture. (The dreadful Omni dubs that are likely left off this set are a prime example... Characters like Blaster, Blurr, Spike get renamed as Billy, Wally, Sparkle, "Road-imus Prime", Spaceship Bruce... and The Matrix as "The Power Pack."

Seriously, I don't want to watch someone botch the dub and then charge be double for the set. #-o (And the set is Sooo cheap!!)

Getting used to subtitles opens up a whole world of available anime and movies. :grin:
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:39 am

gothsaurus wrote:Two points:

1 - if they dubbed it in english, it wouldn't be the original actors... which would come across like a bad fan-dub. This is like a fantasy. Many actors have passed away, and others like Cullen and Welker would be so expensive, it would be prohibitive. Price would jump sharply paying actors.

2 - the series is originally in Japanese. Watching it in the original Japanese puts you directly in touch with another culture, its language, humor, style, writing... without it being diluted or dumbed down by being translated and voiced — by someone with NO knowledge of Transformers or Japanese culture. (The dreadful Omni dubs that are likely left off this set are a prime example... Characters like Blaster, Blurr, Spike get renamed as Billy, Wally, Sparkle, "Road-imus Prime", Spaceship Bruce... and The Matrix as "The Power Pack."

Seriously, I don't want to watch someone botch the dub and then charge be double for the set. #-o (And the set is Sooo cheap!!)

Getting used to subtitles opens up a whole world of available anime and movies. :grin:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:21 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Any good guesstimates on when the complete Japanese series set will be released?
7/12/2011[/quote]

Is it true that the complete set is an online only release?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:43 am

Even if it's online only now, I'm guessing it may eventually come out following the release of the three individual boxes. (Like the G1 set.) Given, it might not have all the bonus extras.

Anyone hear if the big set includes Scramble City, Zone, etc.? That would make me jump to buy it.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:56 am

gothsaurus wrote:Anyone hear if the big set includes Scramble City, Zone, etc.? That would make me jump to buy it.
From what I last heard, it's wasn't looking good for Scramble City, but they were trying to get Zone (yet gave no promises about it).

The way Metrodome and Madman had gotten Zone was that they had used the subtitled Zone bootleg that had been circulating the black market since the 90s. Metrodome did the same thing with their release of Scramble City (using its subbed bootleg) on their Ultimate Edition of the 1986 G1 movie.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:07 am

NooooooOOOooo.

Ya gotta know... I'd pay for a full-price DVD just to get a crisp, direct transfer copy of those one-off episodes.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:18 am

gothsaurus wrote:NooooooOOOooo.

Ya gotta know... I'd pay for a full-price DVD just to get a crisp, direct transfer copy of those one-off episodes.
The quality of each wasn't that bad, though. Sure, it was dated and how a few issues, but they were both still watchable.

At last year's BotCon, 2010, I actually saw the bootlegged DVD that contained both the subbed Scramble City and the subbed Zone bootlegs. I was tempted to get it, but passed since there were other items I was looking for that were of a higher priority.

The subbed version of Scramble City is on YouTube. I got links if you wanna see it to get a taste of its quality. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:33 am

Too bad that DVD was the bootleg subs. I'd totally get that... to hold be over till an official release, of course. ;)

Yeah, link away!
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:57 am

gothsaurus wrote:Too bad that DVD was the bootleg subs. I'd totally get that... to hold be over till an official release, of course. ;)

Yeah, link away!

There seems to be multiple versions of the subbed bootleg on YouTube. The one I'm about to post is in a very good video quality, but it has a bit of a green tint to it. There's a nother version on YouTube that has less of a green tinti to it, but it looks and sounds kinda fuzzy. I guess there really is no perfect subbed version of it YouTube, as the only other better looking ones are fandubs or raws.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:11 am

*puts on rose-colored-glasses to compensate for the green tint*
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:23 am

Here's the other one that doesn't have as much tint, but is fuzzy (and missing the first six minute of recap).

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2017 New Truck Diaclone"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2023 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots PVC figure 2013 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOIST Tow-Bot (Flatbed Truck) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019"
Rescan HOIST Tow-B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Dinobots Hasbro 2022 New"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
OPTIMUS PRIME COMM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize CHASE POLICE-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 201217a"
Energize CHASE POL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEDIX DOC-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
MEDIX DOC-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOT SHOT Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Dragster Car Hasbro 2020 New"
Rescan HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2022"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON