This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Reveal The Shield Scouts Cancelled?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Reveal The Shield Scouts Cancelled?

Postby Galvatron X » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:32 pm

Motto: "Such heroic nonsense..."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
This does not make me happy!

Apparently, the incredibly hard-to-find RTS Scouts might be cancelled. This would explain why I can't find any...

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... wn-171877/
Galvatron X
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Re: Reveal The Shield Scouts Cancelled?

Postby Mkall » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:47 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Somehow I saw this coming.

Our only hope is that they're re-packaged and sold in DOTM at some point.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Firepower: 6

Postby Fistful of Energon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:42 pm

figures :roll:

I'm confident we will see Windcharger in DOTM packaging. That's what happened with the Energon combiners Superion and Bruticus.
Fistful of Energon
Targetmaster
News Credits: 3

Postby Mr O » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:48 pm

Motto: ""No way out but through.""
Weapon: No Weapon
I was amazed to find seven Windchargers at Tesco earlier. First sighting since early February. Everything else half-price so I guess this spells the end. If I wasn't bones of my arse broke right now I'd offer to help.
"It's 1973, almost dinnertime. I'm havin' hoops!"
Mr O
Brainmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: ???
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: 10+

Postby Cyber Bishop » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Lovely.. Thanks Hasbro.. Well so much for those of us that got screwed.
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Court Jester » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:06 pm

Really not a biggie to me. Windcharger wasn't a must buy. If you said no Warpath... pitchforks and torches. Deluxes are the perfect scale for my collection, and I'm happy to have what I need. Insecticons, anyone?
Court Jester

Postby Primeultimus » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Motto: "All Your Protos Are Belong To Us!"
Weapon: Electro-Disruptor
My heart is broken.

I look for him everyday. No Windcharger makes me sad!
Primeultimus
Pretender
News Credits: 62
Watch Primeultimus on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Nemesis Destron » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Jesustapdancing Christ what next!! Isn't it enough that Hasbro has to mindf**k us with QC issues and crappy deco (sometimes) but to then pull this BS. Maybe this is all a big plot from the studio and Michael Bay with the DOTM figs on the horizon they wanted one last kick to the dick (as someone posted in another topic) before the movie is released. Hells f**kin' bells. :-x :CON:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby Flux Convoy » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Mkall wrote:Somehow I saw this coming.

Well that, or get some friends in the UK who can hook you up. Speaking of which...to the internet!
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby Mkall » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:16 pm

Flux Convoy wrote:
Mkall wrote:Somehow I saw this coming.

Well that, or get some friends in the UK who can hook you up. Speaking of which...to the internet!
:BOT:

Good idea, anyone in the UK can hook a friend up?

Mkall
God Of Transformers

Postby Doubledealer93 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:33 pm

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
wow, thanks hasblow. now we wont be getting windcharger or frenzy and rumble. ass hats. :-x

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby Hairball178 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:48 pm

This would explain why my K-Mart won't restock any Transformers. They just have one Deluxe (Generations Darkmount), two HFTD Legends (Ravage and something, I don't care), no Scouts, and one HFTD Voyager (The Fallen).

We aren't to summer yet, so I'm holding out hope that Hasbro will have to pump out their RTS stock to make room for the next Bionacle movie.
Hairball178
Combiner

Postby Court Jester » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Substandard scout butt hurt is amusing. Free entertainment at its finest. Imagine if Thunderwing was "rare"... FansProject save us with news on Blesser.
Court Jester

Postby Mr O » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:42 pm

Motto: ""No way out but through.""
Weapon: No Weapon
Skyfire-5 wrote:Substandard scout butt hurt is amusing. Free entertainment at its finest. Imagine if Thunderwing was "rare"... FansProject save us with news on Blesser.

And you are..?
"It's 1973, almost dinnertime. I'm havin' hoops!"
Mr O
Brainmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: ???
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A

Where In The World Is Reveal The Shield Windcharger?

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:46 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Where in the world is Reveal The Shield Windcharger? If you live in Canada or the United Kingdom, then you already know the answer to this question. If you live in the United States or anywhere else with a shortage of the aforementioned bot, then you know the frustration this question has brought to many collectors. The latest RTS Scout assortment has been spotted all over Canada and the U.K.

Why haven't we seen hide nor hair of these figures in the U.S.? The answer to this question is purely speculation at this point. There are rumors that Hasbro has decided to cancel the scout assortment in the U.S. There could be many possible reasons why Hasbro would choose to do this if it is true. One reason might be that over seas currencies are doing better than the U.S. Dollar. Other companies have done this before. Here are a couple of interesting articles about this practice.

http://www.wiiblog.net/struggling-us-dollar-effects-wii-fit-release-805/

The other aspect of the shortage sounds more believable than the first. The US economy has been struggling for the past few months. We’ve seen food and gas prices rise as the dollar has lost its’ power. The euro has actually become more valuable than the dollar, and for this reason accounts for some of the shortage. It’s been estimated that Europe received over 2 million Wii Fit units, while America only received 500,000.

Here is a quote from Michael Pachter, a professional analyst, “The shortage demonstrates one consequence of the weak dollar. We’re seeing companies ignore their largest market simply because they can make a greater profit elsewhere”
When it comes down to any business, it’s all about maximizing your profit. I don’t blame Nintendo for increasing units to Europe, nor do I hold any ill-will towards the decision. For people who are left wanting a Wii Fit, should just blame the shortage to bad economical timing. The dollar will eventually strengthen, barring any un-forseen disaster. Hopefully the next shipment of Wii Fits will see a stronger dollar, therefore a better ratio for Wii Fit units shipped.

http://www.vgzero.com/thread-15007-post-291648.html

According to Victor Godinez of dallasnews.com, the real culprit behind the shortage of Wii consoles in the Americas is the weak US Dollar. With realistic fears of an economic recession looming in the USA, Nintendo are currently making much higher profits from selling Wii in Europe. In the last year, the value of €1 (Euro Currency) has rocketed from $1.35 all the way to $1.51.

In an interview with GameStop analyst Michael Pachter, Godinez asked how an economic slowdown might affect the availability of the Wii. Pachter claims that Nintendo are behaving "perfectly rationally" in their marketing strategy, that is, sending extra numbers of Wii consoles to Europe in order to "satisfy the more profitable consumers there". But as the demand for Nintendo products in Europe is now reaching a plateau stage, surplus systems should find themselves steadily filtering into the American market.

An explanation on the source website explains all these economics rather well:

With a weak dollar, foreign companies that sell their goods in the U.S. for dollars and then convert those dollars to their native currencies get a smaller profit than if they sell their products in countries with strong currencies of their own (such as Europe with the Euro). In other words, Nintendo makes a bigger profit on Wiis sold in Europe than on Wiis sold in the U.S.
It is a reasonable assumption that Nintendo may be waiting furthermore for the US Dollar to stabilize itself once again; which may just happen as European demand for Wii starts its levelling-out phase. Opinions as always in the forum.

Also in the same predicament are the RTS G1 legends assortment. Whether or not these will hit the shelves in the U.S. is up for debate. This is the exact same mix of ingredients that happened to the Transformers Universe G1 legends assortment the came out before the first Transformers movie in 2006. Many collectors reported never seeing them at retail. Will this happen again?

This is purely speculation based on the availble facts.
Last edited by LOST Cybertronian on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby DevastaTTor » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:03 pm

Got to laugh about this considering this was probably going to be the only scout I've ever purchased. Hope we see this later in the DOTM line along with Rumble.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Court Jester » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:08 pm

Mr O wrote:And you are..?

An admirer of all things related to overreaction. Maintain some sort of perspective in the matter of collecting toys. Try not to get emotional about that which is most frivolous. I am sure you comprehend my meaning.
Court Jester

Postby Samurai Bludgeon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:23 pm

Motto: "Current Collection Count: 2250~"
Weapon: Sword
If someone could get me a hook up I would gladly pay via paypal (Item+shipping+plus a finders fee) -pm me please! (just want one)
Samurai Bludgeon
Minibot
Buy from Samurai Bludgeon on eBay

Postby Rated X » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:34 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Right now Hasbro is a piece of s**t on my s**tlist. Going to target every day in hopes of finding an additional 2 wreck gars for the Junkion armor I already paid for. Cant find a god damn thing. In K-Mart, wal-mart, or TRU. And forget about Grapple and Lugnut. Have never seen em. I refuse to start having to buy Hasbro stuff online and pay shipping and wait for stuff that is supposeed available right here. This is BS...
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Mkall » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:35 pm

Rated X wrote:Right now Hasbro is a piece of s**t on my s**tlist. Going to target every day in hopes of finding an additional 2 wreck gars for the Junkion armor I already paid for. Cant find a god damn thing. In K-Mart, wal-mart, or TRU. And forget about Grapple and Lugnut. Have never seen em. I refuse to start having to buy Hasbro stuff online and pay shipping and wait for stuff that is supposeed available right here. This is BS...

Don't Blame Hasbro, blame the suppliers that actually sell their wares.

Although I DO blame Hasbro for short-packing Windcharger in cases of 8. Seriously, WTF?

Mkall
God Of Transformers

Re: Where In The World Is Reveal The Shield Windcharger?

Postby NicholasPrime » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:40 pm

Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
LOST Cybertronian wrote:Where in the world is Reveal The Shield Windcharger? If you live in Canada or the United Kingdom, then you already know the answer to this question. If you live in the United States or anywhere else with a shortage of the aforementioned bot, then you know the frustration this question has brought to many collectors. The latest RTS Scout assortment has been spotted all over Canada and the U.K.

Why haven't we seen hide nor hair of these figures in the U.S.? The answer to this question is purely speculation at this point. There are rumors that Hasbro has decided to cancel the scout assortment in the U.S. There could be many possible reasons why Hasbro would choose to do this if it is true. One reason might be that over seas currencies are doing better than the U.S. Dollar. Other companies have done this before. Here are a couple of interesting articles about this practice.

[...]

Also in the same predicament are the RTS G1 legends assortment. Whether or not these will hit the shelves in the U.S. is up for debate. This is the exact same mix of ingredients that happened to the Transformers Universe G1 legends assortment the came out before the first Transformers movie in 2006. Many collectors reported never seeing them at retail. Will this happen again?

This is purely speculation based on the availble facts.

This is just not true. These figures have in fact been released to the US market. One has to assume, in fact, that the larger retailers (Wal-Mart) have just stopped ordering this stuff in anticipation of upcoming movie product, much the same way they fall off at the tail end of any line. So much of their inventory will be tied up in movie product that they can't sell until street date hits, that they are happy to sell out existing product on the pegs, and not worry about refreshing until the next planogram hits. In other words, the problem isn't just Hasbro's fault, but also the Big Three toy retailers for being too big to pay attention to particular assortment mixes.

I say that these figures have been released to US retail because they shipped through Diamond Comics Distributors to your local comic shop (also known as "Channel Six," in retail terms), if they carry them. We currently have all the G1 Legends (OP, Megs, Starscream, Trail"cutter", Gold Bumblebee, and Prowl) in stock at my store, but have long since sold out the more desirable Windchargers. For those of you still looking for these pieces, my advice is to try your LCS to see if they have anything left. I suppose it's likely these toys could also show up at other Channel Six retailers, places you wouldn't usually look for toys, like Kohl's, or drug stores, or some such. Good luck guys, and happy hunting!

Currently For Sale/Trade: Urban Camo Ruination in damaged sealed box, and TRU reiss. Starscream in damaged sealed box.
PM if interested.
NicholasPrime
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2
Buy from NicholasPrime on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby alternator77 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Motto: "we choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them"
Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
i dont agree with the article on the front page. there i said it quoting a few articles about the wii while people are paying 200+ dollars for smartphones,and other gizmos (ps3, xbox, apple)not to mention apps and $60 games negates that in my book. bottom line is most stores loaded up on rotf and htfd and got burned in the sense that they now have to get rid of it all at the same time theyre trying to move rts, pcc, and generations.its oversaturated pure and simple.its just oversaturated with stuff collectors are tired of and already have.
my other reasoning is that if scouts were really dead hasbro wouldnt be making such a push with this new "cyberverse" incarnation with you guessed it scout size figures.my guess and ill stick to it is that theyll release these last figures in the movie line.
personally im not feeling wincharger but i sympathize with those who want him.
alternator77
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby germismith » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Motto: "Sickos never scared me; at least they're committed."
Weapon: Sonic Sword
Tack virtually any of the other 2011 waves onto this, and that's Minnesota. We get it late as-is, if at all.
germismith
Mini-Con
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby robofreak » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:42 pm

Just calm down everyone. We're going to get them eventually.

HFTD line really messed stuff up with all the excess stock. If it dissapeared we wouldn't have this problem.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby mattyc1007 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:42 pm

Motto: "You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Hungry"
Weapon: Sword
Hurts to see so many of our TF Brothers in trouble, especially when (last time I was there) my local ASDA had a few in stock :(

Transform and Chill Out!

Couldnt Resist (Check Em Out!)

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=48806

Don't delete me, not my fault I only log in every eon :(
mattyc1007
Transmetal Warrior
Watch mattyc1007 on YouTube
Alt Mode: 93 Talbot Express
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BARRICADE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +02 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BARRICADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series 100 Deluxe ROTB Rise Beasts Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Studio Series 82 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDEWAYS Transformers Studio Series 88 Movie ROTF Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
SIDEWAYS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAWN Transformers Studio Series 80 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
BRAWN Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON