This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Images Reveal Name of DOTM Mystery Ferrari Autobot

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Images Reveal Name of DOTM Mystery Ferrari Autobot

Postby DevastaTTor » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:40 am

Ever since the principle filming for Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon last summer, there's been a lot of speculation on Seibertron.com about the identity of the red Ferrari 458 Italia. Some thought it would be Hot Rod or Rodimus, others thought Sunstreaker or Tracks. Now, with the release of the new, official toy images from Hasbro that were just posted to Seibertron.com, we finally know the identity of this Autobot super car: Mirage! And while he's not blue like his G1 self, we'll hopefully have some of the same characteristics and special abilities we love about the original character.

For now, the only toy we know about for Mirage is the Speed Star car pictured below. However, expect some transforming figures to be revealed as we see more from the toy line.

Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Re: New Images Reveal Name of DOTM Mystery Ferrari Autobot

Postby FanimusMaximus » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:45 am

Motto: "It's not hard to knock 'em down, it's getting 'em to stay down that's the trick!"
Weapon: High-Velocity Sonic Blaster
Mirage looks aweseome! I hope we get a deluxe figure too, BTW anyone else notic that his mouth looks like Bumblebees?

Burn wrote: Spam. It's what powers the HMW part of the server.

Someone wrote:Meanwhile, Astrotrain told Fanimusmaximus to get godzillabot a nice new haircut.
FanimusMaximus
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Doubledealer93 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:51 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
YES!!!!! NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby Rated X » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:00 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Wouldnt it have made more sense for Mirage to be one of the Nascars ???
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby amtm » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:27 am

Motto: "I'd've written a shorter post, but I didn't have the time."
Weapon: Sonic Boomer Laser
So what happened to "red doesn't photograph well"? And why couldn't they just make Sideswipe the red one? Blah. At least the car looks cool. But the face on the package looks horrible. As does the stuff molded on the undercarriage of the toy.
For sale: My entire Transformers and third-party collection. Includes Masterpiece, Generations, Universe, Movie, Prime, Armada/Energon/Cybertron, G1, G2, a few Japanese imports, etc. Many never opened, the rest displayed in enclosed display cases to keep the dust off. A few ads on Craigslist/OfferUp for DC/MD/VA locals, will post on boards or ebay when I have time.
amtm
Vehicon
Buy from amtm on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby dragons » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:41 am

i read someplace this car is going to be decepticon :???:

head is littel weird looking maybe its package making look like that on toy may look better
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Stockade » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:10 am

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
Im glad the Ferrari turned out to be Mirage instead of Sunstreaker or Hot Rod. Both of these bots doesnt fit that car. Mirage is perfect.

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby T-Macksimus » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:11 am

Rated X wrote:Wouldnt it have made more sense for Mirage to be one of the Nascars ???

Yes, it most certainly would have but this is a Bayformer. All common sense and continuity got flushed down the crapper the moment he got his hands on the franchise.

I've been able to accept (grudgingly at times)everything different about the movie-verse so far because I'm not firmly locked into the "It HAS to be like G1" mind-set like a lot of folks are but this particular choice for this particular character...this pisses me off. I'd just as soon he wasn't in the movie at all if this is what they are going to give us for Mirage :BOOM:
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby No One » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:58 am

Okay that red Mirage toy car is fine and all. But it is NOT a Ferrari 458 Italia. Just like some other colored cars in this set do not match anything we have seen before. Two colors of something called Crumplezone? The Ferrari has no hood scoops, and the shape is ALL wrong. It looks more like the new Lotus.
No One
Vehicon
News Credits: 3
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Name_Violation » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:51 am

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Dammit Bay.

thats it, my childhoood memories are gettin a restraining order against him.
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
Intelligence: ???

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:12 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
-sigh- Well, 'least he's not bad-looking like the Fallen was after his face was ripped off. Literally. And didn't Bay say ( 8-} Ha, I'm a poet and I didn't even know it(HA!)! 8-} ) that the Ferrari would end up being a Decepticon, and not an Autobot? :???:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:26 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
great alt mode for mirage but why red? Yes ferraris main color is red but they do sell cars in other colors, just another tf that would be great if it had a new paint job.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby OptiMagnus » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:29 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Uggh...you people drive crazy (watch someone kill me for saying that):

1. The toy is not an actual Ferarri simply because Hasbro didn't want to go to the trouble to get the license from Ferarri so they can cut corners. Remember Sideways and Mixmaster from ROTF?

2. Yes, Michael Bay did say this was a Decepticon before. HOWEVER, unless you've been living under a rock since the announcement of the first film, you would know that Bay has made us aware of a "misinformation campaign" that says things not necessarily true so we go into the movie expecting the opposite of what is eventually presented. But this is not technically lying because he's told us about it beforehand. It's only meant to surprise us.

3. The fact that Mirage is not a blue-and-white race car has nothing to do with lack of common sense. It's called creativity. It's what happens when a new continuity begins in the Transformers universe more times than not. Just because a character shares the same name as one from 1985 doesn't mean he must share all qualities with the older counterpart. A new continuity creates new characters.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Alt Mode: Stock Car
Endurance: 4
Courage: 3
Skill: 6

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:42 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
OptiMagnus10 wrote:3. The fact that Mirage is not a blue-and-white race car has nothing to do with lack of common sense. It's called creativity. It's what happens when a new continuity begins in the Transformers universe more times than not. Just because a character shares the same name as one from 1985 doesn't mean he must share all qualities with the older counterpart. A new continuity creates new characters.

Yea, but theres got to be a line somwhere, otherwise I could just come up with a comic about a bunch of wierd geeks who go around their town with the same personality flaws and skills with specific tools like knives and electricity and call them wolverine, and storm. The point i'm making is that i'm all down for changing things up, but atleast keep SOMEthing from the old character, visualy... how come bumblebee gets to be yellow? how come prime gets to be blue and red... and the rest can just be any whatever colour looks good for the CAR in vehicle mode, and provides the right assorted colour palette to appeal to the dumbass naive movie goer who needs sub concious colour coding to grab their attention? It REEKS too much of blockbuster movie gimmicks, and that is one prime reason why I'll always dislike Michael Bay for his take on the Movie Franchise.

The car looks cool, but I think this would have been much cooler:

And It's street legal.
:CON:
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???

Postby Pr1meSuspect » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:57 pm

Motto: "Old soldiers never die, they just fade away..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Did not expect Mirage, but we'll see what happens. Hopefully he will get some part in the movie and not just 5 seconds like poor Jolt only got.
Pr1meSuspect
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 5

Postby OptiMagnus » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:01 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
MINDVVIPE wrote:
OptiMagnus10 wrote:3. The fact that Mirage is not a blue-and-white race car has nothing to do with lack of common sense. It's called creativity. It's what happens when a new continuity begins in the Transformers universe more times than not. Just because a character shares the same name as one from 1985 doesn't mean he must share all qualities with the older counterpart. A new continuity creates new characters.

Yea, but theres got to be a line somwhere, otherwise I could just come up with a comic about a bunch of wierd geeks who go around their town with the same personality flaws and skills with specific tools like knives and electricity and call them wolverine, and storm. The point i'm making is that i'm all down for changing things up, but atleast keep SOMEthing from the old character, visualy... how come bumblebee gets to be yellow? how come prime gets to be blue and red... and the rest can just be any whatever colour looks good for the CAR in vehicle mode, and provides the right assorted colour palette to appeal to the dumbass naive movie goer who needs sub concious colour coding to grab their attention? It REEKS too much of blockbuster movie gimmicks, and that is one prime reason why I'll always dislike Michael Bay for his take on the Movie Franchise.

See? This is the problem. At the same time, you are assuming that this character has absolutely no connection to the original yet you have not yet seen the movie or his CGI model.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Alt Mode: Stock Car
Endurance: 4
Courage: 3
Skill: 6

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:30 pm

OptiMagnus10 wrote:See? This is the problem. At the same time, you are assuming that this character has absolutely no connection to the original yet you have not yet seen the movie or his CGI model.

Well, I'm just going off... Sideswipe... Ratchet... Soundwave... pretty much everyone who isn't Prime, BB, or Megs. I'm sure he'll try to have their personality in there, jammed into the overload of human dialogue, I'm just speaking from the POV of the last movies. And from the face on the package, that isn't a very promising looking head, haha. Looks all too buggish. Bot mode might be pretty cool anyway, and the car is sweet, I just mean it already looks like Bay is using the best "in" to get the seats filled, nice red ferrari coupled with a non so conterversial character as 3rd Season G1 HotRod, but rather the first 2 seasons Mirage. Come on, you gota be a LITTLE dissapointed he's not an F1 car, how sweet is it to see F1 cars driving on street looking roads. Real life kart racing on streets converted to race tracks and the movie 'Driven' are enough for me to know I want to see that again.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby GEEWUN » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:07 pm

Motto: ""I'm not Psychotic... just Crazy!!!""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
WTF
GEEWUN
Pretender
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby quickmixed » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:21 pm

I had my money on Hot Rod all the way. Boy was I wrong.

Im a G1 Mirage fan so I hope they keep some of his character traits in there. But I doubt it will happen. And please dont give him some corny cheesy Italian accent.
WANTED TO BUY

C-125:Shoki, C126:Getsui, C127:Yukikaze, C129:Seizan. MIB + unused stickers PM for details.
quickmixed
Vehicon

Postby sancho's revenge » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:23 pm

amtm wrote:So what happened to "red doesn't photograph well"? And why couldn't they just make Sideswipe the red one? Blah. At least the car looks cool. But the face on the package looks horrible. As does the stuff molded on the undercarriage of the toy.

I agree. I dont like this version of mirage. Plus, WTH? Red?
sancho's revenge
Micromaster

Postby Ultra Markus » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:34 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
so was Bay full of s**t when he said it was too hard to film red
cars so he wouldn't do it with optimus and ironhide but now
we get mirage who is not supposed to be red
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:16 pm

I'm pretty sure it all comes down to marketing. The colours on screen need to work WELL together to have people get into it. Its sorta cheating, but yea. Its stupid coz it's basically using the human's perception of colour to decide character colour use, when really, that is the cheapest trick when dealing with a franchise with such a large dedicated fan base. For example, Ironhide being red AND Optimus being a ton of Red. Then, Ratchet having red on him, and BB's Yellow, another warm tone, would come off too "uninspired" or some crap on screen. Of course, if done properly, and the alternative being to have characters who posses the desired colour scheme present, it might have worked, but no.

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby No One » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:30 pm

[quote="OptiMagnus10"]Uggh...you people drive crazy (watch someone kill me for saying that):

1. The toy is not an actual Ferarri simply because Hasbro didn't want to go to the trouble to get the license from Ferarri so they can cut corners. Remember Sideways and Mixmaster from ROTF?

They already got the license from Ferarri to use it in the movie, which is the hard part. I want someone to SHOW me where it says this red toy car is suppose to be that Ferrari, then I want someone to SHOW me where it says the the Ferrari is Mirage.
No One
Vehicon

Postby No One » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:37 pm

The car looks cool, but I think this would have been much cooler:

And It's street legal.
:CON:[/quote]

HULME F1
No One
Vehicon

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:40 pm

MR Optimus Prime wrote:HULME F1

Another great option. Looks sick 8)
Is it street legal too?
The car I posted is the Caparo T1 for those wondering.

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 0823IM478 5C (CA) Manhanini"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 0923IM466 6C (CA) Ejikure (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721B"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222B"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR239177 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 0923IM468 6E (CA) Infante (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 0723IM408 4C (CA) Park (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #305 Cvr A Image Comics 0124IM258 305A (CA) Kubert"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1B GI JOE 1023IM260 (CA) Aja (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1B 1123IM198 (CA) Aja (W) Williamson"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 1E 1123IM201 (CA) Sorrentino"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0224IM324 8E (CA) Reis (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SPECIAL MISSIONS #25 Marvel Comics 1988 200610A (CA) Kubert (A) Trimpe"
GI JOE SPECIAL MIS ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON