This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Mosaic: "The Farm Report."

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Mosaic: "The Farm Report."

Postby Richter » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:32 am

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

For all Transformers news / updates / information, click here

Transformers Mosaic FAQ, click here

THE FARM REPORT

Story and Art by;
Pablo Praino

Colors by;
Fiorella Santana

Richter
Targetmaster
News Credits: 430

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Farm Report."

Postby mattyc1007 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:40 am

Motto: "You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Hungry"
Weapon: Sword
A mexican/spanish twist on Blaster, I like :)

Also shows his other taste in music

Transform and Chill Out!

Couldnt Resist (Check Em Out!)

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=48806

Don't delete me, not my fault I only log in every eon :(
mattyc1007
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1
Watch mattyc1007 on YouTube
Alt Mode: 93 Talbot Express
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Prowl Pants » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:52 am

I've always been fascinated by non-U.S. and non-Japanese versions of the Transformers. Very cool - although I thought Salt-Man X was an Autobot?
Prowl Pants
Mini-Con

Postby WarzoneBeta » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:56 am

Motto: ""Freedom is the right....ah who the slag am I kidding, WHO WANTS TO BLOW **** UP!!!""
Weapon: Sonic Umbrella
Now I can't get the idea of Blaster doing The Mexican Hat Dance with Optimus Prime out of my head...

Ok so Blaster likes music from the Americas...so does Soundwave like J-Pop?
“Alas, poor Ulrich…I didn’t know him so who cares”-me

Due to his rather unique birth, Grimlock has a slow but endearing speech pattern, which can easily make you forget he's Godzilla with style. And weapons.
WarzoneBeta
Fuzor
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Blackstreak » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:39 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Reminds me of my rpg character on this forum, the Decepitcon Jumpstarter named X. He was a bounty hunter. Didn't get to play him for long as I quit the rpg.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Diem » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:23 am

It's not Blaster, it's Radio-AM Robot!

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Radio_AM_Robot
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby Prowl Pants » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:08 am

Diem wrote:It's not Blaster, it's Radio-AM Robot!

Wow, good call Diem. That page also states Salt Man was released as a G2 Decepticon, which would explain the G2 logo.

Me Gusta!
Prowl Pants
Mini-Con

Postby Bumblevivisector » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:22 am

So these guys were active in South America in G2, Malignus and Optimus were likely slugging it out somewhere not too far away during G1, major skirmishes between the forces of Thunderclash and Skyquake broke out in Europe in the power vacuum after the disbandment of Earthforce but before the appearance of the Cybetronian empire and revival of Megatron, possibly spreading briefly to Japan in the final stages of Operation Combination...no, wait, that would mean they didn't resurface in Asia until around 2030.
(Someone who knows the dates better, please correct me on any or all of this)

Say, has there been a mosaic with an in-canon explanation of how Knock-Offs fit into the mix, geographically? They're mostly associated with China, but ever since reading "The Deadly Paradise," I've become convinced that Madame Cee is still cranking them out on Carob Island...which might be near Dinobot Island, hmmmmm...

Well, anyway, AWESOME Mosaic! Great artistic talent used to bring some of THE most obscure of the obscure to life. Too bad Radio-AM's chest door seems to house his battery, preventing him from having any cassette buddies. Were there any cassettes strongly associated with Latin America? If not, perhaps he could hang out with Kabaya model kit cassettes?
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:02 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Nifty. Unexpected. Well done in all aspects.

I enjoyed it. Now I want to see all the minibots that are Argentinian, Mexican, and Venezuelan repaints have some fiction!!!!

Muy caliente, muy bueno!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby F Prime » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:07 am

Motto: "math...thrash...Math....Thrash...MATH....THRASH..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Prowl Pants wrote:I've always been fascinated by non-U.S. and non-Japanese versions of the Transformers. Very cool - although I thought Salt-Man X was an Autobot?

Salt-Man X was an Autobot...but I think this is Robot-Man X. He was another repaint, but this time as a Decepticon.
Pi is exactly 3!
F Prime
Fuzor
News Credits: 2

Postby Swiftpaw » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:21 am

Always cool to see obscure characters or knockoffs used in an interesting way!
Recent Aquisitions:
RTS Special Ops Jazz
RTS Wreck-Gar
FP Warbot Defender
Generations Blurr
Swiftpaw
Vehicon

Postby Doctor McGrath » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:23 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I don't know much about the characters but this is pretty cool.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby Dai_Ceefax » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:20 pm

Motto: ""A fanatic is one who redoubles his effort when he has forgotten his aim.""
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
Diem wrote:It's not Blaster, it's Radio-AM Robot!

...and one of my favourite items on my 'oddities' shelf. Top marks Pablo, much appreciated!
Looking for:
Guardian Powered
Cybertron Backblast
BWII/Telemocha Jointrons esp. BWII DJ
PM me if you can help!
Dai_Ceefax
Minibot
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Windsweeper » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Very nice mosaic. Be nice to see more obscure guys like the Robotmasters or G2 Stormtroopers.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby F Prime » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:13 pm

Motto: "math...thrash...Math....Thrash...MATH....THRASH..."
Weapon: No Weapon
So, we have Radio-AM Robot and Robot-Man X...anyone know the identity of the other decepticon?
Pi is exactly 3!
F Prime
Fuzor
News Credits: 2

Postby Fortress Rodimus » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:41 pm

Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Good story it is fun to see characters that i have never heard of before. Also i think it is Robot-Man Z. I am guessing because of the tfwiki page.
Fortress Rodimus
Minibot

Postby Mechastrike » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:10 pm

i'm not spanish or american but i think it's about time some non english language gets thrown in the mix.
Mechastrike
Combiner

Postby zer0das » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:03 am

The artwork is well done, no problems here.

The writing itself could use some help, however. There's very little characterization done to make these guys anything more than stock characters or region exclusive figures. Sure, making them speak a different language is great, but what's stopping these robots from simply taking what they want? The use of language here seems excessive. Moreover, who are these robots before and after the battle? What's at stake here? As far as I can tell, these Argentinian Decepticons are amateur at best and probably won't be receiving a second take after this mosaic.

1.5 out of 5
:CON:
Ebay: audreyandscottltd
zer0das
Mini-Con

Postby heltskelt » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:41 am

zer0das wrote:The artwork is well done, no problems here.

The writing itself could use some help, however. There's very little characterization done to make these guys anything more than stock characters or region exclusive figures. Sure, making them speak a different language is great, but what's stopping these robots from simply taking what they want? The use of language here seems excessive. Moreover, who are these robots before and after the battle? What's at stake here? As far as I can tell, these Argentinian Decepticons are amateur at best and probably won't be receiving a second take after this mosaic.

1.5 out of 5

Excessive use of language but more backstory? To quote John Heard in Big: I don't get it! I don't get it!
What i do get is that you demand a lot out of a five panels.
What's at stake? What's always at stake for Decepticons: energon.
You would prefer them to just take what they wanted silently, and have no witty line as the Decepticon gets his comeuppance?
That would be a boring mosaic.
There's an arrogant tone in your final sentence, but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
This mosaic may not be the best any of us have ever read, but the art is great, and it led to some fun facts.
You want more backstory and character development: buy a comic.
heltskelt
Minibot

Postby Zombie Starscream » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:20 am

Motto: "Time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I really liked this :APPLAUSE:
I love to seeing Autobots/Decepticons in other parts of the world other then the U.S.
Surely there are A/D bases in other countries? I want to see them. :KREMZEEK:
I AM THAT WIERD FANGIRL YOU'VE HEARD OF.
Zombie Starscream
Godmaster
Alt Mode: F-15
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby PhunkJunkion » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:02 am

Motto: "It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Sweet obscurity, thank you for this Mosaic! Although I have spent a lot of time on the Transformers Wiki, I never knew of these character/ toys.
PhunkJunkion
Minibot
Buy from PhunkJunkion on eBay
Alt Mode: The A-Team Van
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4

Postby zer0das » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:06 pm

heltskelt wrote:
Excessive use of language but more backstory? To quote John Heard in Big: I don't get it! I don't get it!
What i do get is that you demand a lot out of a five panels.
What's at stake? What's always at stake for Decepticons: energon.
You would prefer them to just take what they wanted silently, and have no witty line as the Decepticon gets his comeuppance?
That would be a boring mosaic.
There's an arrogant tone in your final sentence, but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
This mosaic may not be the best any of us have ever read, but the art is great, and it led to some fun facts.
You want more backstory and character development: buy a comic.

To elaborate:
The use of different language, Spanish, for instance, does nothing in this mosaic. We can have "Latin America" or "Argentina" as a line to denote location--having the radio broadcast be in English will not change the meaning of the piece, having it in Spanish, Arabic, or any other language won't change anything--although I'd challenge you to prove otherwise.

Hemingway wrote a short story in six words (entitled Baby Shoes, I suggest you look it up); in contrast, five panels is a lot.

Clearly, energon is at stake, bravo, you win. Except, I ask this to the point of seeing what is at stake for these characters outside of this mosaic, beyond this very moment. Of course energon is at stake, but there is no reference to an existence outside of this piece--which makes this piece singular and short of depth. To reference Hemingway's piece, baby shoes are being sold, which of course is similar to the effect of energon being taken. Yet, what Hemingway does (which the writing in this mosaic does not) allude to, is death of an infant. The story functions on multiple levels, while "The Farm Report" remains superficial.

The idea of what is witty is subjective. You can try to convince me that making jokes based on auditory functions are funny because Radio AM-Robot is, well, a radio, I get it. Is it witty? For me, no. It seems perfunctory. Does it need to be silent? No, but can there be a better way to make this joke? Certainly.

Take for example this Mosaic:
http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.c ... /#/d39ii0u
This is a great example of multi-level story telling.

But let's focus on this for the sake of paralleling obscure characters:
http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.c ... -147023719

Under-3, among other McDonald's toys are characters in this mosaic. One receives the interiority of Under-3, which not only characterizes him but also serves to break down the action sequences of the story. Further, Under-3 alludes to the relationship between he and Blackarachnia beyond the scope of this fight. Not exactly the most brilliant script either, but it's better executed and gives more meaning and life to these characters. One has a glimpse of how and what happened prior to this scene. There's tons of story here.

Finally, the point and purpose of the mosaics, seen on the TF Mosaic FAQ states: "All Mosaics must be self-contained on a standard comic page (more about exact dimensions later). Each piece must tell a coherent one-page story." Just how coherent or complex this story is depends on the author. "The Farm Report," as it were, is not that complex. Does it make it a bad story? Not necessarily, but for me it doesn't make it all the more compelling. The story starts on that one page and it ends there. Where "Meals of Sin" succeeds is that there is a life before it starts and after the Mosaic ends.

Given that the restriction of one page to combine art and script is a difficult endeavor, there are people who can certainly place huge amounts of significance without exhausting a single page. Yet, there are masterpieces that span hundreds of pages. Is this a great mosaic? To me, it can be done better. To you it might be the most brilliant thing. By all means, stand by that, but there are greater examples out there.
zer0das
Mini-Con

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:00 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
You're reading too much into things. Here, have a cookie. It's chocolate chip ;;)

Seriously though, the Spanish language is used in full to accent the language barrier between the Decepticons (who assume English is Earth's only language I think) and the farmers in Argentina who don't speak English. The fact that it's merely a moment in the life of non-US canon Transformers just tickles my fancy. As it's a mere moment, they don't need characterisation, at least for now.

btw If you guys need names:

Red and white Twin Twist: G2 Robot-Man X
Green and white Top Spin: G2 Robot-Man Z

In short, Salt-Man were (presumably) G1 Autobots, and the Robot-Man were their G2 Decepticon counterparts
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby zer0das » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:31 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:You're reading too much into things. Here, have a cookie. It's chocolate chip ;;)

Seriously though, the Spanish language is used in full to accent the language barrier between the Decepticons (who assume English is Earth's only language I think) and the farmers in Argentina who don't speak English. The fact that it's merely a moment in the life of non-US canon Transformers just tickles my fancy. As it's a mere moment, they don't need characterisation, at least for now.

Suppose I am taking this too seriously, I never really saw the importance of a monster, much less a giant robot, asking a lesser being for something rather than just taking it. Language, in this instance, seems all too superfluous (like a villain revealing his plot in great detail so as to give the hero enough time to recover...). In such a way it makes this story cheesy. A real life example would be that a hunter would never ask its prey for its meat, he would just kill it.

zer0das
Mini-Con

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E15 RACE TRACK ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON