This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Presents: Transformers Heart of Darkness Five Page Preview

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW Presents: Transformers Heart of Darkness Five Page Preview

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:18 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
IDW Publishing has shared the five page plus three cover images preview for the Transformers Heart of Darkness mini-series Issue #2. Expect a site review of this issue to follow shortly.

Transformers: Heart of Darkness #2

Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning(w) - Ulises Farinas (a) - Farinas, Casey Coller (c)

Galvatron is on the move! With the mystery surrounding Gorlam Prime still unsolved, Cyclonus and Scourge are tasked with helping raise an army! But an army to do what?! Find out as the ROAD TO “CHAOS” finds its first travelers!

FC - 32 pages - $3.99

*Variant: B&W Ulises Farinas cover

Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: IDW Presents: Transformers Heart of Darkness Five Page Preview

Postby Optimutt » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:49 am

Motto: "Victory if nothing if you don't enjoy everything leading to it."
After seeing that picture of Galvatron with his arm deeply imbedded in the Dead Universe Sphere, I can't help but think one thing:

Galvatron: "It spoke to me... At long last, it has made its message clear."
Any Decepticon: "What did the Dead Universe say?"
Galvatron: "First, that we should call it by its true name... UNICRON!"
"I couldn't put it down," Eliot Vohy about Escape from the Spotlight.

Updates on novels and publications: https://robwqueen.com/
Optimutt
Vehicon
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Jet

Postby zer0das » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:53 am

Not only is the art so beautiful as to rival the greatest of all artists, but the writing is as poetic as Stephanie Meyers.

Ah, I will spend hundreds for this.
#-o :CON:
Ebay: audreyandscottltd
zer0das
Mini-Con

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:41 am

Motto: "I wish I could hate you to death."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
I like it. I love this version of Arcee, and the shot of Hardheads head still tucked into his vehicle mode is rather hilarious. I always kinda liked the idea of Galvatron being a separate person from Megatron too. I mean I like the regular story of Megatron being reformatted into Galvatron, but at the same time, that angle is played out to death thanks to Armada/Energon and Cybertron. Can't wait for this series.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Heavy B » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:41 am

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
zer0das wrote:Not only is the art so beautiful as to rival the greatest of all artists, but the writing is as poetic as Stephanie Meyers.

Failure
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Flux Convoy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:45 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Holy cow this looks awful. Childish dialogue and crap art. The color is nice at least. I don't even know where to start to tear it apart. Maybe Galvatron's teeny little princess tiara, Arcee's teeth, Jhiaxus's comical mouth with teeth and booger pistons, Cyclonus's skeletal hands and strange head or maybe Hardhead flying through thin air in vehicle mode?

Read through the character dialogue and tell me you don't feel more stupid than you did before you read it. I dare you. I've enjoyed IDW until now. This looks like complete trash.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby YoungPrime » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:05 am

SMH, I guess Character continuity is lost on these current writers!

When they first introduced Cyclonus, a couple years ago he took on an entire Autobot ship an it’s crew by himself.

Fast forward to current and now he’s a borderline sniveling flunky getting bested by two Autobots, who I’ll admit are both hard hitters. But witnessing how all of it is taking place in this sneak peak just makes it all seem like a cop out by demoting their powers, character and IQ’s for the sole purpose of building up to whatever Galvy here is going to discover.

Huh, no wonder there was no real initial push or hype for this arch, between the amateurish artwork and the lazy writing I don’t know if I should even bother picking this up and reading the rest of it in the comic book store. And it’s kind sad since I’ve always loved all the characters mentioned so far…and despite some people just being happy with Galvatron and company finally having their own book after all these years, some of us aren’t sold that easily.

So my point is any one of these Death Universe Cons should be able to stand up alone against these “two” Autobots and I base that on the buildup of them not being your ordinary transformers in all the previous issues.

Plus after all Galvatron has accomplished in the little we’ve seen of him, why does the author feel it’s cool to lower the bar and have Galvatron need his “spinach” now???

Current IDW writers =FAIL!
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby PhunkJunkion » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:58 am

Motto: "It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I think hearing Galvatron declare, "Glory be!" reminds me a bit too much of something my grandma would say.
PhunkJunkion
Minibot
Buy from PhunkJunkion on eBay
Alt Mode: The A-Team Van
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Postby Samsonator » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:27 am

Motto: ""Death is the only way out.""
Weapon: Sword of Fury
Still unimpressed with IDW's current treatment of the continuity they originally set up. Let me know if they get Simon writing again... that guy can at least keep his characters mostly in order.
Samsonator: I swear I'm still here! Yes, I know it's been fourteen years...
Toy reviews on YouTube? Don't mind if I do!
I build model kits on Twitch, too!
Samsonator
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch Samsonator on YouTube
Alt Mode: Tank
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10

Postby Chaoslock » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:29 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Meh, it's still better than Crapgoing. At least they try to tie some loose ends in this.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby Oilspill » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:49 am

So this is a joke right? Are they just 20 days too late for April Fools?
I mean, there's no way you can have Scourge say "Dear stars above" and be serious right?
Right??
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 5

Postby MYoung23 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:21 am

Cyclonus and the others have been depowered because are only up and walking around because of the power Galvatron gave them. It was established earlier (or so I thought) that the longer they are away from the Dead Universe the weaker they get.
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby craggy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:10 pm

is this written by a different Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning than the two other guys with those names who regularly write pretty decent comics?
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby partholon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:37 pm

the art swings wildly from pretty cool to god damn awfull.

still i'll be getting this for the story and as another poster said it's better than ongoing which i wont be touching till 21 which this ties into.
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby T-Macksimus » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Dr. Heavy B wrote:
zer0das wrote:Not only is the art so beautiful as to rival the greatest of all artists, but the writing is as poetic as Stephanie Meyers.

Failure

Not a failure. I'm pretty sure he was going for sarcasm so thick that you couldn't help but step in it.

I've got to admit that this preview evoked a number of flash-backs and not all of them were pleasant. Actually only one of them was. The others were just... :SICK:
A 5 page preview was just about 4 pages too many if the whole rest of the issue was going to follow that style. The art was decent but that writing made G1 Marvel look like Pulitzer material.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL + ECHO #3 Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230923 (A/CA) Noto (W) Taboo + B Earl"
DAREDEVIL + ECHO # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #19 Marvel Comics 2023 OCT221134 (CA) Segovia (W)MacKay (A)Sabbatini"
MOON KNIGHT #19 Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1 var Howard Duck Marvel Comics 2023 DEC220859 (CA) Smith"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL Woman Without Fear #1 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210820 (CA) Romita Jr"
DAREDEVIL Woman Wi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #1 2nd ptg 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 MAY210541 210914B (CA) Romita Jr"
MOON KNIGHT #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #11 var AAPI Heritage Marvel Comics 2022 MAR221062 (CA) Ruan"
MOON KNIGHT #11 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 JUN231146 (CA) Miller (W) Ahmed (A) Kuder"
DAREDEVIL #1 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #9 Marvel Comics JAN230964 (W) Zdarsky (CA) Checchetto (A) De Latorre"
DAREDEVIL #9 Marve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DANNY KETCH GHOST RIDER #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230714 (CA) Lubera"
DANNY KETCH GHOST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #13 var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230861 (CA) Land (W) Rowell"
SHE-HULK #13 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Moon Knight CITY OF DEAD #1 Marvel Comics 2023 APR238569 SDCC (CA) Segovia"
Moon Knight CITY O ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1 var 1:100 virgin Marvel Comics 2023 DEC220861 (CA) Stegman"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #10 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 FEB220996 (CA) Yoon (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #10 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #1 var Marvel Comics 2022 APR220764 (CA) Panosian (W) Zdarsky"
DAREDEVIL #1 var M ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON