This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Voice Cast on TFW2005

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Voice Cast on TFW2005

Postby KoH4711 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:13 am

llamatron on TFW2005 has posted a reported voice cast list for the movie. Though no Frank Welker, it turns out Peter Cullen isn't the only G1'er returning!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=137530

And for the link-a-phobic...

Optimus - Peter Cullen
Megatron - Hugo Weaving
Bumblebee - Mark Ryan
Ironhide - Jess Harnell
Barricade - Jess Harnell
Ratchet - Robert Foxworth
Bonecrusher - Jimmie Wood
Jazz - Darius McCrary
Starscream - Charlie Adler
Frenzy - Reno Wilson

Just found a clip with Robert Foxworth in it on YouTube(my fiancee is a HUGE Ratchet fan), and I've got to say, good choice. And Jess Harnell's got tremendous range. So, no new big names, but people who can pull off the job, IMHO. And it looks like Keith David is Barricade in the game only, if this is accurate. Makes sense, though, given what we've heard about the lack of 'Con dialogue in the movie.

Anyhow, thought it was interesting and wanted to pass it along.
KoH4711
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby MaikeruSama » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:38 am

Barricade is being voiced by david keith
MaikeruSama
Vehicon

Postby Darth Decepticonus » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:48 am

I dont believe it

one - as said above
two - Bumblebee is a mute
three - where is Blackout?
Darth Decepticonus
Micromaster
News Credits: 6

Postby Cyber Bishop » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:48 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
According to IMDB...

http://imdb.com/title/tt0418279/

Keith David ... Barricade (voice)

Unfortunately IMDB can be updated by pretty much everyone.
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Skowl » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:50 am

Yeah... I don't quite believe that just yet.

Keith David as Barricade is one of the main reasons I'm excited for this movie.

I wonder if any of the Aussies who've seen the film could let us know if good 'ol Mr. David is voicing everyone's favourite Decepticop.
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby KoH4711 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:54 am

The Keith David thing did throw me, as well. I can't remember if it ever went past the rumored/in talks stage, though. As far as I can remember, only Weaving and Cullen were confirmed by the studio.

One thing about the cast that makes me tend to this it's legit(or at least partially legit)... if you're going to make up a bogus cast, it's a rather... strange mix.

Hmmmm... maybe one of the Aussie preview attendees could shed some light on that? Or at least confirm whether or not Keith David did Barricade's voice?
KoH4711
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby Calenatarion » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:08 am

Heh, Darius McCrary is that dude from Family Matters...
Calenatarion
Vehicon
News Credits: 322

Postby Shinobi Rendar » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:10 am

Calenatarion wrote:Heh, Darius McCrary is that dude from Family Matters...

Yep Eddie Winslow lol
Click sig!
Shinobi Rendar
News Staff
News Credits: 88

Postby Calenatarion » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:13 am

I knew Jazz would get that kind of voice, but I'm not sure if he's the man for the job. But still, I'm not sure if this list is okay.. especially on the Barricade - Keith David part.

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=9842

IGN posted that Keith David got the part for the movie. Nothing has been stated regarding the game. Hell, David would be a much better choice. He's quite experienced when it comes to voice acting. So in this case I trust IGN more than a simple annonymous source from TFW...
Last edited by Calenatarion on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calenatarion
Vehicon
News Credits: 322

Postby Brakethrough » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:17 am

It's just a typo. Someone's brain was in type a list mode, and they simply got their wires crossed.
"A polar bear is dropkicked by a robot that turns into a police car."
Brakethrough
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Shinobi Rendar » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:22 am

Brakethrough wrote:It's just a typo. Someone's brain was in type a list mode, and they simply got their wires crossed.

That's what i'm thinking
Click sig!
Shinobi Rendar
News Staff
News Credits: 88

Postby Sentinel Pax » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:20 am

Shinobi Rendar wrote:
Brakethrough wrote:It's just a typo. Someone's brain was in type a list mode, and they simply got their wires crossed.

That's what i'm thinking

That's what I'm hoping. I also hope that Ironhide either has a southern accent, or Mark Ryan ends up voicing him, because even though he has a British accent, he would make an awesome Ironhide.
Sentinel Pax
Targetmaster

Postby King Henrik » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:36 am

Motto: ""It doesn't matter what you ask, it's who you're asking""
Weapon: Battle Blades
somebody on tfw2005 says that he met and got keith david's auograph somewhere and he confirmed he was only voicing barricade in the game... even if the decipticons dont speak in english that often, i cant imagine just not gettng keith anyway, it not like they were going to need to pay him some insane amount of money, becasue yes he's a famous voice actor but he's not really known for his live action roles(ive loved him since "They live")... and another thing i remember mark ryan clearing up his blog post at one point saying that he "does not voice ironhide in the movie only in the game"...which is true and leads me to beleive that this list is legit.
King Henrik
Fuzor
News Credits: 5
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby King Henrik » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:50 am

Motto: ""It doesn't matter what you ask, it's who you're asking""
Weapon: Battle Blades
oh one more thing... as much as i loved hating that frank welker WASNT megatron, after hearing a sample of his voice in the game interview from the other day, i beleve they made the right choice not casting him... i just dont think it would have worked for the movie. theryre probably going for a more serious, cold and calculating megatron than the short tempered crazy scheming cartoon version.
King Henrik
Fuzor
Strength: 3
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 6

Re: Voice Cast on TFW2005

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:58 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
KoH4711 wrote:llamatron on TFW2005 has posted a reported voice cast list for the movie. Though no Frank Welker, it turns out Peter Cullen isn't the only G1'er returning!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=137530

And for the link-a-phobic...

Optimus - Peter Cullen
Megatron - Hugo Weaving
Bumblebee - Mark Ryan
Ironhide - Jess Harnell
Barricade - Jess Harnell
Ratchet - Robert Foxworth
Bonecrusher - Jimmie Wood
Jazz - Darius McCrary
Starscream - Charlie Adler
Frenzy - Reno Wilson

Just found a clip with Robert Foxworth in it on YouTube(my fiancee is a HUGE Ratchet fan), and I've got to say, good choice. And Jess Harnell's got tremendous range. So, no new big names, but people who can pull off the job, IMHO. And it looks like Keith David is Barricade in the game only, if this is accurate. Makes sense, though, given what we've heard about the lack of 'Con dialogue in the movie.

Anyhow, thought it was interesting and wanted to pass it along.

Front paged!! Thanks!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby decepticonjon » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:00 pm

where the f*ck is frank welker in the movie? i thought HE was supposed to voice bonecrusher. i know he wasn't doing megs, but it was confirmed he would voice something in the movie.
Mykltron wrote:Surely it's not THAT hard to train monkeys... Is it? Maybe the monkeys were trained by monkeys who hadn't been trained properly.

G1Blaster wrote:Saying an album is ten times better than St. Anger is like saying you'd rather be hit in the head with a bat instead of kicked in the nuts.
decepticonjon
Godmaster

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:10 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wasnt someone else doing Starscream? And has anyone ever heard of half these people? I thought that movie were supose to have real voice actors or famous people doing the VO. I think bay spent to much on ILM and had to hire people no one would know to well.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Starscream227 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:21 pm

coreshair wrote:oh one more thing... as much as i loved hating that frank welker WASNT megatron, after hearing a sample of his voice in the game interview from the other day, i beleve they made the right choice not casting him... i just dont think it would have worked for the movie. theryre probably going for a more serious, cold and calculating megatron than the short tempered crazy scheming cartoon version.

Heresy, says I! Common sense or no, one shall not blaspheme against Ye Olde Welker!!!
TFWIKI wrote:According to Hasbro, toys that represent flying characters are given more stringent drop tests and rounded/collapsible bits, as children (and the kind of adults who buy Transformers, actually) are more prone to throwing these figures around or ramming them into things (or people).
Starscream227
Fuzor

Postby GetterDragun » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:33 pm

Who are these people?

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby DUDEATRICE » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:39 pm

GetterDragun wrote:Who are these people?

WHO CARES. The movie is going to make insane amounts of money. Nobody needs Will Smith voicing an autobot to go see it. You've got your mind made up after seeing the visuals, not who's voicing Blackout or something. Come on.
DUDEATRICE
Micromaster

Postby decepticonjon » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:54 pm

DUDEATRICE wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:Who are these people?

WHO CARES. The movie is going to make insane amounts of money. Nobody needs Will Smith voicing an autobot to go see it. You've got your mind made up after seeing the visuals, not who's voicing Blackout or something. Come on.

i had hoped will smith would have nothing to do with it regardless.
we don't need bumbebee to get jiggy with it
Mykltron wrote:Surely it's not THAT hard to train monkeys... Is it? Maybe the monkeys were trained by monkeys who hadn't been trained properly.

G1Blaster wrote:Saying an album is ten times better than St. Anger is like saying you'd rather be hit in the head with a bat instead of kicked in the nuts.
decepticonjon
Godmaster

Postby Autobobby1 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:00 pm

Weapon: Gattling Gun
When Bumblebee is rebuilt, they might rebuild his voicebox. That would explain the voice actor. I really hope so, at least.
Mashed potatoes can be your friends!
Autobobby1
Godmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10

Postby stocky » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:02 pm

I could be mistaken, but didn't Charlie Adler do the voice of Kranix in the original movie (and probably some other voices as well)??
stocky
Micromaster

Postby Ramses » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:07 pm

maybe they cut out Barracade's speeking role before the final film?
Ramses
Mini-Con

Postby stocky » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:15 pm

I was also thinking earlier today -- Tom Hanks stated in an interview some time ago that he was a HUGE Transformers fan. I always thought there was the POSSIBILITY that he would voice one of the characters, especially with Spielberg Executive Producing and all... I never READ anywhere that he would be, just thought it was a possibility, that's all.
stocky
Micromaster

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Robots In Disguise 2015 Hyper Change 3-Step 220512A"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Robot Fighters OPTIMUS PRIME + MEGATRON Transformers Movie complete Hasbro 2007"
Robot Fighters OPT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #24 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 24B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYBERTRONIAN BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark Moon Cyberverse Legion DOTM TRU 2011"
CYBERTRONIAN BUMBL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHATTER Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Power Plus Series 2018 New"
SHATTER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Bot Shots Series 1: B001 complete Hasbro 2012"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Camaro) Transformers Movie Energon Igniters Power Plus Series 2018"
BUMBLEBEE (Camaro) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Sting Shot BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Scout Class Hasbro 2018 NEW Ages 6+"
Sting Shot BUMBLEB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Robots In Disguise 1-Step One Target 2015 211112A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2022"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Authentics Bravo 5" Action Figure Hasbro 2018 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 Offroad vehicle"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON