This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

BBTS Opens Pre-order For Transformers Masterpiece MP-10

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:07 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Anticipation is building as to just who and what the recently announced Masterpiece MP-10 is.

Anonymous sources (and a little bit of reasoned guess work) reveal this upcoming MP figure to be none other than Optimus Prime with an improved trailer (ala MP-04). Details as we know to be rumored:

• All new mold
  • Robot-mode size close to the i-Gear Faith Leader KO
  • Improved overall robot-mode and design
  • Better looking, more cartoon accurate head
  • Die-cast parts
  • Trailer
  • Truck-mode more convincing and realistic than MP 01
  • Truck-mode windscreen and grill better aligned than on previous G1 Optimus Prime toys
  • Accessories have not been decided upon yet

This is of course as of yet not 100% confirmed, our source may be mistaken as to some of the key details, but then again the same source has delivered reliable information about DOTM Leader Class Ironhide, Sentinel Prime, etc...

So yea, we're pretty sure this is true, but take it with a grain of salt - and watch that blood pressure...

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: BBTS Opens Pre-order For Transformers Masterpiece MP-10

Postby Broadside Da Wrecker » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:09 pm

Motto: "Float like an Aircraft Carrier, sting like the nosecone of a Jet up your exaust pipe!"
Weapon: Venom Blaster
ubertenorman wrote:I should have said that most of the mods seem to know what it is-not just Counterpunch. See Dead Metal's post above.

Still, just cause the mods are letting on that they know, doesn't mean we should take their word as gospel until we get some official information.
Wreck and Rule!
Broadside Da Wrecker
Mini-Con
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:15 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Broadside Da Wrecker wrote:Why does everyone think that it's Prime? Just cause Counterpunch is a mod, doesn't mean he's omniscient!

Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4

Postby Mykltron » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:15 pm

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Why on earth do they think we need a new version of Prime but smaller? Yeah, it'll be good to have it more on the scale of seekers and Grimlock but come on - why not a new character? :BANG_HEAD:

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:16 pm

Broadside Da Wrecker wrote:
ubertenorman wrote:I should have said that most of the mods seem to know what it is-not just Counterpunch. See Dead Metal's post above.

Still, just cause the mods are letting on that they know, doesn't mean we should take their word as gospel until we get some official information.

Because this is from the same source as: MP Rodimus Leader Class Ironhide, Bumblebee, Sentinel Prime and the DOTM Movie and G1 two packs, just to name a few.

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby Broadside Da Wrecker » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:20 pm

Motto: "Float like an Aircraft Carrier, sting like the nosecone of a Jet up your exaust pipe!"
Dead Metal wrote:

Because this is from the same source as: MP Rodimus Leader Class Ironhide, Bumblebee, Sentinel Prime and the DOTM Movie and G1 two packs, just to name a few.

Just because they were right once or twice before doesn't mean they're right all the time. All I'm saying is that people should not believe everything they read. I'm not saying that's not what it will be, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.
Wreck and Rule!
Broadside Da Wrecker
Mini-Con

Postby ubertenorman » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:21 pm

Weapon: Double Beam Guns

ubertenorman wrote:
DavidT wrote:So is MP-10 gonna be a completely new mold of Op w/ trailer or a reissue of MP-04???

If what Counterpunch is saying is accurate (and it probably is) then MP-10 will be a new sculpt of Optimus Prime with a trailer.

I never said it was "gospel." I made a point of saying they may be misinformed.

However, I can't think of any time the mods have revealed anything they didn't think was true.
ubertenorman
Fuzor
News Credits: 2
Buy from ubertenorman on eBay
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:22 pm

Dead Metal wrote:

Just because they were right once or twice before doesn't mean they're right all the time. All I'm saying is not to believe everything they read. I'm not saying that's not what it will be, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Wanna bet?
A fiver says it's true.

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby Broadside Da Wrecker » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:23 pm

ubertenorman wrote:

ubertenorman wrote:
DavidT wrote:So is MP-10 gonna be a completely new mold of Op w/ trailer or a reissue of MP-04???

If what Counterpunch is saying is accurate (and it probably is) then MP-10 will be a new sculpt of Optimus Prime with a trailer.

However, I can't think of any time the mods have revealed anything they didn't think was true.

Remember the time they reported that fake BotCon reveal last year?
Wreck and Rule!
Broadside Da Wrecker
Mini-Con

Postby Broadside Da Wrecker » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:25 pm

Dead Metal wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:

Just because they were right once or twice before doesn't mean they're right all the time. All I'm saying is not to believe everything they read. I'm not saying that's not what it will be, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Wanna bet?
A fiver says it's true.

I'm not going to bet it's not true, cause no one really knows yet. Also I'm piss poor, but that's beside the point.....
Wreck and Rule!
Broadside Da Wrecker
Mini-Con

Postby ubertenorman » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:26 pm

Actually, I don't. I've only been active here for a year or so.
ubertenorman
Fuzor

Postby Broadside Da Wrecker » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:27 pm

ubertenorman wrote:Actually, I don't. I've only been active here for a year or so.
Well, they did.
Wreck and Rule!
Broadside Da Wrecker
Mini-Con

Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:28 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Dead Metal wrote:Anticipation is building as to just who and what the recently announced Masterpiece MP-10 is.

Anonymous sources (and a little bit of reasoned guess work) reveal this upcoming MP figure to be none other than Optimus Prime with an improved trailer (ala MP-04). Details as we know to be rumored:

• All new mold
  • Robot-mode size close to the i-Gear Faith Leader KO
  • Improved overall robot-mode and design
  • Better looking, more cartoon accurate head
  • Die-cast parts
  • Trailer
  • Truck-mode more convincing and realistic than MP 01
  • Truck-mode windscreen and grill better aligned than on previous G1 Optimus Prime toys
  • Accessories have not been decided upon yet

This is of course as of yet not 100% confirmed, our source may be mistaken as to some of the key details, but then again the same source has delivered reliable information about DOTM Leader Class Ironhide, Sentinel Prime, etc...

So yea, we're pretty sure this is true, but take it with a grain of salt - and watch that blood pressure...

Roller! Bring me Roller! Then I'll consider it.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:28 pm

ubertenorman wrote:

ubertenorman wrote:

You're right.

We've been wrong before.

We've been misinformed on occasion.

We've corrected it when we were.

Can we move on now? I've admitted that the news has been wrong on occasion and everyone has paid attention to you pointing that out. Well done on keeping us honest.

The information from this source hasn't been bad yet. So, we can go on being negative and casting doubt on people that do free work for you, or...whatever.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby LiKwid » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:28 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
ubertenorman wrote:

ubertenorman wrote:

And I think Blurzz was the only who bought it :P LoL I still have that pic on my comp .. Im down to raise that fiver :P
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Broadside Da Wrecker » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:30 pm

Counterpunch wrote:
ubertenorman wrote:

ubertenorman wrote:

You're right.

We've been wrong before.

We've been misinformed on occasion.

We've corrected it when we were.

Can we move on now? I've admitted that the news has been wrong on occasion and everyone has paid attention to you pointing that out. Well done on keeping us honest.

The information from this source hasn't been bad yet. So, we can go on being negative and casting doubt on people that do free work for you, or...whatever.

Gee, when you say it like that, I almost sound like an asshole.
Wreck and Rule!
Broadside Da Wrecker
Mini-Con

Postby cadenheadr04 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:41 pm

Motto: ""War is a dirty business... and I'm as dirty as they come.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
This is just another Michael Bay plot to misinform the masses, what they are really creating is a lifesize G1 Bumblebee, hence the $250 pricetag. Or an in scale Broadside... hah, I could only hope right?
cadenheadr04
Micromaster
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+

Postby ubertenorman » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:41 pm

Anyway. I'm just glad the figure isn't something I desperately want-I already have the 20th Ann. Prime. I can put that $250 towards some classics/movie figures. However, if it's as cool as it seems, it's going to be a hard choice.
ubertenorman
Fuzor

Postby Kibble » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:49 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
So does this mean a new Megatron is forthcoming then, too? Kinda makes him the odd man out if he's the only 12 inch figure left in your MP display.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Kibble wrote:So does this mean a new Megatron is forthcoming then, too? Kinda makes him the odd man out if he's the only 12 inch figure left in your MP display.

Maybe, I hope so. It does kina look like they are rebooting the whole line.

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Kibble wrote:So does this mean a new Megatron is forthcoming then, too? Kinda makes him the odd man out if he's the only 12 inch figure left in your MP display.

I would just say that buying iGear seekers may not be the most prudent thing to do in this topsy-turvy world of ours.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby Badassimus Prime » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:25 pm

Motto: "Do it with style or don't bother doing it!"
Weapon: Photon Laser
If these rumors are indeed true, it should be very interesting to see how this mold turns out to be. I'm leaning on placing a preorder just to be safe. Hopefully it comes with a wide variety of accessories but more importantly, top-notch QC.

A new Megatron would definitely be welcomed ;)
Badassimus Prime
Fuzor
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby alternator77 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Motto: "we choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them"
Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
Counterpunch wrote:

I would just say that buying iGear seekers may not be the most prudent thing to do in this topsy-turvy world of ours.

i wasnt planning on getting those seekers as their rippoffs of an original design. besides i hold out hope for a takara conehead release and if not oh well ive got the main three :D
alternator77
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 5

Postby Doctor McGrath » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Buy another MP Prime fixing the previous versions screw-ups for an increased price..

Pass.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby kirbenvost » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:38 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Millions of nerds cried out in horror, only to be silenced.

...or not.

You guys were right, this is going to piss off a lot of people. Me included. How about making MP versions of characters that haven't been released yet instead of rehashing the same old ones over and over? Also, smaller figure, higher price tag! Takara really has this money-making thing down pat, don't they? Yay for them.

...maybe this is my opportunity to get out. I've been debating just not collecting DOTM at all... I don't know how much longer I can afford this hobby. Unless this new rebooted MP line also comes with much cheaper Hasbro versions, I can't afford it.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Speed: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Vinyl Figure #22 Retro Toys 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Movie Super7 Reaction Series 1 Retro Figure 2020 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" Junkion action figure 2023 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TARN + NICKEL Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure 2023 New"
TARN + NICKEL Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANTA OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 5 Holiday Christmas 2021"
SANTA OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHARKTICON (Gnaw) Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 2023 New"
SHARKTICON (Gnaw) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 ReAction Orange 2023 New"
HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Red) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Red) Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023"
HYPER STEEL MEGATR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 1 2020 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
DINOBOT Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 1 2020 New"
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers SOUNDWAVE Vinyl Figure #37 Retro Toys Gamestop 2021 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON