This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Shout! Factory's Transformers – Japanese Collection: Complete Series

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Shout! Factory's Transformers – Japanese Collection: Complete Series

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Motto: "Roll out!"
Though, I am a little surprised that you weren't aware of this.

Pardon me, but I'm not quite sure what you mean?

Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: ???
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:02 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
godzillabot wrote:

That this set contained these three series.

...That is what you were asking, yes?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:23 pm

Motto: "Roll out!"
Sabrblade wrote:
godzillabot wrote:

That this set contained these three series.

...That is what you were asking, yes?

Yes! I'm sorry about the misconseption! :oops:

Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Endurance: 10+
Courage: ???
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby Ultra Markus » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:24 am

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
that's great and everything but what about a blu-ray version of the 1986 transformers movie from shout factory
they did the GIJOE movie but for some reason we are still waiting for transformers the movie
is there a reason for them not doing it?
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:15 am

Ultra Markus wrote:that's great and everything but what about a blu-ray version of the 1986 transformers movie from shout factory
they did the GIJOE movie but for some reason we are still waiting for transformers the movie
is there a reason for them not doing it?
Shout! Factory hasn't released their own version of the movie on DVD because Sony already had a DVD release of it back in 2006, and it can still be found for sale in places like FYE and/or MovieStop.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Cyberstrike » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:36 pm

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Another thing to consider is the Japanese characters like the Trainbots, Soundblaster, Twincast, Metal Hawk, God Bomber, Hellbat, Galaxy Shuttle, Dinoforce, and the rest that some would have new American and/or acceptable names, that Hasbro might have to copyright and/or trademark while some would might say use "the pretender monsters' names for Dinoforce" from what I have seen of Victory the pretender monsters are NOT Dinoforce and their names wouldn't make any sense to them.
It would be very expensive for Hasbro to try and get new names or use the translated Japanese names for a series that would be basically a direct-to-DVD series only and unless they decide to bring these characters into any existing toyline or Transformers: Prime they're most likely not going to do it.

I do remember hearing the word "****" a few times in the awful Omni/Star TV English dubs in Headmasters.

I have seen good chunk of Beast Wars II and IMHO it is the worse Transformers TV series currently out. The animation is horrible, the stories are horrible, and the jokes aren't funny at all.
Cyberstrike
Headmaster
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:36 pm

Cyberstrike wrote:Another thing to consider is the Japanese characters like the Trainbots, Soundblaster, Twincast, Metal Hawk, God Bomber, Hellbat, Galaxy Shuttle, Dinoforce, and the rest that some would have new American and/or acceptable names, that Hasbro might have to copyright and/or trademark
Actually, all the ones in bold and many others have been given American identities, in which they've all kept their Japanese names. So, there's no problem with them there.

Cyberstrike wrote:while some would might say use "the pretender monsters' names for Dinoforce" from what I have seen of Victory the pretender monsters are NOT Dinoforce and their names wouldn't make any sense to them.
Taking into account that different characters can have similar names, with the exceptions of Icepick and birdbrain, all of the Pretender Monsters' name would work quite well for he Dinoforce, in regard their dinosaur Pretender Shells:
    "Icepick" for Gōryū (a T-Rex)
    "Scowl" for Doryū (a Stegosaurus, it's similar to "Snarl")
    "Bristleback" for Gairyū (an Ankylosaurus, geddit?)
    "Slog" for Kakuryū (a Triceratops, it's similar to "Slag")
    "Birdbrain" for Rairyū (a "Brontosaurus")
    "Wildfly" for Yokuryū (a Pteranodon, "fly" ;) )

Cyberstrike wrote:It would be very expensive for Hasbro to try and get new names or use the translated Japanese names for a series that would be basically a direct-to-DVD series only and unless they decide to bring these characters into any existing toyline or Transformers: Prime they're most likely not going to do it.
That didn't stop some of them from being included in existing American fiction to play major roles in them.

Cyberstrike wrote:I do remember hearing the word "****" a few times in the awful Omni/Star TV English dubs in Headmasters.
And those weren't the best translations. The translation process for the Omni Productions dubs wen't from Japanese to Spanish and then to (poor) English.

Cyberstrike wrote:I have seen good chunk of Beast Wars II and IMHO it is the worse Transformers TV series currently out. The animation is horrible, the stories are horrible, and the jokes aren't funny at all.
no matter how many times you repeat this, I don't care. I want to see them for myself to make my own fair, unbiased judgement on both it and Beast Wars Neo.

Though, I have seen the first four episodes of BWII, but four episodes doesn't tell me diddly-squat about the nature pof this whole series. Also, I have seen the BWII movie, Lio Convoy Kiki Ippatsu!, it despite its short length and very anime-ness, it was still better than the other existing TF movies. :-B

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Shout! Factory's Transformers - Japanese Collection Delayed with Added Bonus

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Thu May 12, 2011 10:32 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
If you preordered Shout! Factory's Transformers - Japanese Collection boxset, you probably got an email stating that the set is delayed a week until July 12 2011. The reasoning behind this is that Shout! Factory has found better video masters.

They will also include a free limited edition Transformers Lithograph while supplies last. More information on the included lithograph coming soon.

To ensure you receive the best quality product possible, we’ve pushed back the release date by one week to 7/12/11 to utilize better video masters we were able to track down. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

And now for the good news. We are pleased to be able to offer a special gift with purchase of this deluxe box set. We will be making a limited-edition Transformers lithograph available only with purchase and only while supplies last. We have added that to your order at no charge. Check back on our site in the coming days to find out more information about the lithograph or simply wait and be surprised.

Seibertron: The ultimate Transformers Resource
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu May 12, 2011 10:39 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I already own a copy of all 3 series, but I might pick this up, so I have an "official" set. I won't even open the package though, I'll just watch the set I already have. Save the new one for a rainy day.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 12, 2011 10:56 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:I already own a copy of all 3 series, but I might pick this up, so I have an "official" set. I won't even open the package though, I'll just watch the set I already have. Save the new one for a rainy day.
I'm probably gonna wind up double dipping as well. I own the Metrodome boxed set, but this might look to be the superior set. :D

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Coptur » Thu May 12, 2011 1:03 pm

I got all the japanese series including beast wars 2nd & neo. I hope you all enjoy them as i did.

Dinoforce is NOT the same team a the Pretender Monsters they're two different teams that share the same molds. The Bios weren't the same in the 1980's so please don't mistake them as the same
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby 8 bit » Thu May 12, 2011 2:10 pm

Motto: "You only live thrice."
Weapon: Buffalo Missile
So...I get that there won't be dubbed English voices in this collection, but will there be at least English subtitles to follow along with?
8 bit
Targetmaster
Strength: 4
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby F Prime » Thu May 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Motto: "math...thrash...Math....Thrash...MATH....THRASH..."
Weapon: No Weapon
8 bit wrote:So...I get that there won't be dubbed English voices in this collection, but will there be at least English subtitles to follow along with?

Yes, there will be subs! From one of the press releases: "Offered with the original Japanese Language Audio and English Subtitles. Additional bonus features include original toy commercials, art galleries including rare material and much more."
Pi is exactly 3!
F Prime
Fuzor
News Credits: 2

Postby 8 bit » Thu May 12, 2011 3:39 pm

Motto: "You only live thrice."
Weapon: Buffalo Missile
F Prime wrote:
8 bit wrote:So...I get that there won't be dubbed English voices in this collection, but will there be at least English subtitles to follow along with?

Yes, there will be subs! From one of the press releases: "Offered with the original Japanese Language Audio and English Subtitles. Additional bonus features include original toy commercials, art galleries including rare material and much more."

Thanks man! I was looking for that info, but couldn't find it.
8 bit
Targetmaster
Strength: 4
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 12, 2011 10:14 pm

Coptur wrote:I got all the japanese series including beast wars 2nd & neo. I hope you all enjoy them as i did.
How did you get Second and Neo? They were never released on DVD in any country, not even Japan. Are they bootlegs? :???:

Or, do you have all the VHS tapes? If that's the case, then that's an impressive feat to have gotten all the legit videos. 8)

Coptur wrote:Dinoforce is NOT the same team a the Pretender Monsters they're two different teams that share the same molds. The Bios weren't the same in the 1980's so please don't mistake them as the same
If this is a response to what I wrote earlier, that wasn't meant to imply that they were the same. I was just pointing out how four of the six Pretender Monster names would fit as dub names for the Dinoforce, rather than to say that they are the same (which they are not).

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Michael Alex Kawa » Fri May 13, 2011 12:25 am

Motto: "I am the most dangerous!"
Weapon: Blue Bolt
This is so cool news to hear ,i only knew of HEADMASTERS ,but now i can have them all and not have to wait :grin: .Thank you Shout!!! .They should do the Beast Wars from Japan that would make this world almost perfect :grin: :grin: .
Follow me or Add me on Facebook and YouTube
Am I seriously the only one here that uses my real name. lol :P
Michael Alex Kawa
Vehicon
Watch Michael Alex Kawa on YouTube
Alt Mode: Panzer IV Ausf. D tank.
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 13, 2011 12:31 am

michael alex kawa wrote:They should do the Beast Wars from Japan that would make this world almost perfect :grin: :grin: .
They can't. :-(

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Coptur » Fri May 13, 2011 8:31 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Coptur wrote:I got all the japanese series including beast wars 2nd & neo. I hope you all enjoy them as i did.
How did you get Second and Neo? They were never released on DVD in any country, not even Japan. Are they bootlegs? :???:

Or, do you have all the VHS tapes? If that's the case, then that's an impressive feat to have gotten all the legit videos. 8)

Coptur wrote:Dinoforce is NOT the same team a the Pretender Monsters they're two different teams that share the same molds. The Bios weren't the same in the 1980's so please don't mistake them as the same
If this is a response to what I wrote earlier, that wasn't meant to imply that they were the same. I was just pointing out how four of the six Pretender Monster names would fit as dub names for the Dinoforce, rather than to say that they are the same (which they are not).

Mmm.. silly site didn't post this earlier

Yeah there bootleg dvd's of video quality bit still very watchable in raw japanese with no subtitles and won't degrade. I got them off ebay for $60 when it was $2 for £1 which was a complete steal at the time.

In my opinion bw2nd inparticular should happen during the US Beast Wars story with the bw2nd movie happening during the events of 'Other Voices Part 1 & 2' not before like Ben Yee and Furman depicted in the gathering/ascending comic it made the story for me not make sense.

Sorry regarding the Dinoforce thing i only skimmed over the thread and didn't want people to get mixed up but your analysis over the names was good.
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 13, 2011 9:10 am

Coptur wrote:In my opinion bw2nd inparticular should happen during the US Beast Wars story with the bw2nd movie happening during the events of 'Other Voices Part 1 & 2' not before like Ben Yee and Furman depicted in the gathering/ascending comic it made the story for me not make sense.
Well, even disregarding the IDW Beast Era comics, the Japanese BW cartoons do not occur in the same "300 into the future" time period that the U.S. Beast Era cartoons' charatcers all hail from.

Since 2007, Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo officially occur "tens of thousands of years" after Beast Wars Returns (Japanese Beast Machines).

Before 2007, however, the general consensus was that they did take place simultaneously with the U.S. BW cartoon (with it taking place in the past and BWII/Neo occurring the present of that time), but that was never actually explicitly confirmed (outside of a few "hints" from the BWII catalog fiction). So, now it is confirmed for the two JBW cartoons to occur "tens of thousands of years into the future". ;)

As far as the IDW BW comics are concerned, however, they've got so many problems of their own to even be taken seriously. They contradict so much of the two JBW cartoons as the Japanese portrayed them, and even make a few self-contradictions as well. #-o

Coptur wrote:Sorry regarding the Dinoforce thing i only skimmed over the thread and didn't want people to get mixed up but your analysis over the names was good.
Tis okay.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Coptur » Fri May 13, 2011 10:02 am

I didn't know that but since the japanese included car robots into there own g1 continuity i've ignored there bizarre canon, And gone with my own logical canon lol.
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 13, 2011 10:14 am

Coptur wrote:I didn't know that but since the japanese included car robots into there own g1 continuity i've ignored there bizarre canon, And gone with my own logical canon lol.
Canon always trumps fanon. :P

Still, though, Car Robots fits in nicely with their G1 continuity without any problems. RiD, however, remains firmly as its own continuity.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Shout! Factory Limited Edition Transformers Lithograph Revealed

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Mon May 16, 2011 9:59 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
A few days ago we told about Shout! Factory including a limited edition Transformers Lithograph with orders (while supplies last) of their Transformers - Japanese Collection. Now they have updated the listing with an image of the included lithograph. The lithograph is none other than Fortress Maximus himself. Check out the image below.

Last edited by LOST Cybertronian on Mon May 16, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Nice artwork.

But wouldn't it make more sense for it to be of Fort Max's Japanese box art instead of his Amercian box art?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby dragons » Tue May 17, 2011 6:21 pm

preorderd im sucker for some free gifts if its good yes i agree would like to know what episodes are included
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #40 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Delbo 210309A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231222V"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Trimpe 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #51 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #14 Marvel Comics 1986 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231010H"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM895 (CA) Earls"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010Z"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Milgrom 230915M"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231010S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #298 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JUL221612 298A (CA)Gallant"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 303C Walker + Segala"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #24 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 240210D"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON