This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

iGear Kup 01 Video Review

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.
Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime") that has actually been released.

iGear Kup 01 Video Review

Postby El Duque » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:22 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Seibertron's own xXThePrimesXx has uploaded a video review of iGear's Kup01 head replacement upgrade for Generations Kup. His review is embedded below.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: iGear Kup 01 Video Review

Postby BeastProwl » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
I'm tellin ya, that Recon Ironhide was a guinea pig for that weapon clip-on System. one Opinion aside. i-Gear! YOU GUYS ARE SH*TTING ALL OVER 3rd PARTY GOODS! that head is cool and all, but these guys just cross the line WAY to much. :BANG_HEAD:

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby morphobots » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:15 pm

I was also concerned about how delicate the cygar would be, but the plastic overall feels pretty sturdy. Not saying you should step on the thing to test it, but I did drop the head onto a tile floor while working and it survived. The amount of detail on the cygar itself is incredible for something that tiny. The head tucks forward just enough to allow clearance for the windshield collar during transformation. And believe this review when it says the screw is tight. I had to try twice to thread it back in during assembly.
morphobots
Targetmaster

Postby ae_productions » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:31 pm

Motto: "Pew, pew, pew!"
Weapon: Rust-Ray Rifle
BeastProwl wrote:I'm tellin ya, that Recon Ironhide was a guinea pig for that weapon clip-on System. one Opinion aside. i-Gear! YOU GUYS ARE SH*TTING ALL OVER 3rd PARTY GOODS! that head is cool and all, but these guys just cross the line WAY to much. :BANG_HEAD:

1. What does Recon Ironhide have to do with this review? Yes, I know Kup uses a clip on for his gun. But it has nothing to do with a replacement kit for Kup's head.

2. How is a custom head crossing the line? If you want to be analytical about it, ALL 3rd party toys cross the line. This iGear Kup set doesn't cross the line any less than say, City Commander. Or Fansprojects Bruticus or Superion Maximus upgrades/appendages. I can go on and on. But I am sure my point was made.

Let's just jump off the Igear bashing band wagon for a moment and reflect how great it is to have 3rd party products to enhance our Transformers collections. Thank you Fansproject, TFC, Perfect Effect, iGear and everyone else making cool kits for our collections.

I for one NEVER liked Kup's head, and am excited to get my iGear head replacement kits. This review helped solidify that I made the correct choice in purchasing this kit.
ae_productions
Micromaster
Buy from ae_productions on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Postby Roxxstar » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:38 pm

I love my new Kup heads! In fact I liked them so much I bought a second Kup just for the lonely second head and to keep in alt mode to haul the box. They make him go from drooling geriatric-action to hardcore battle-worn Veteran. ;)
Roxxstar
Mini-Con

Postby quickmixed » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:44 pm

Nice review. I havnt received mine yet but when it comes the cygar head is definitely going on.
Is the cygar removable at all? It looked like there was a hole on the other head where you could place it. I havnt noticed that before.
WANTED TO BUY

C-125:Shoki, C126:Getsui, C127:Yukikaze, C129:Seizan. MIB + unused stickers PM for details.
quickmixed
Vehicon

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:47 pm

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
BeastProwl wrote:I'm tellin ya, that Recon Ironhide was a guinea pig for that weapon clip-on System. one Opinion aside. i-Gear! YOU GUYS ARE SH*TTING ALL OVER 3rd PARTY GOODS! that head is cool and all, but these guys just cross the line WAY to much. :BANG_HEAD:

get over it twerp.

This reviewer did something great: he showed the heads side by side. i think its the first time i've ever seen them side by side together and my god, iGear hit it out of the park. their head looks so much better. fan of the cygar or not, its a great sculpt and you get both heads so you don't have to complain anyway!

for some reason, i really wish the screw driver had a 5mm peg on it, to turn it into a weapon!

love this upgrade, already received my ehobby heads, can't wait for my genny heads to arrive!
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby xXThePrimesXx » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:34 am

Motto: "The motherboard is mightier than metal."
Weapon: Electromagnetic Photon Laser
quickmixed wrote:Nice review. I havnt received mine yet but when it comes the cygar head is definitely going on.
Is the cygar removable at all? It looked like there was a hole on the other head where you could place it. I havnt noticed that before.

Thanks! It could be removable, but I don't wanna take the chance and be like, "Oops..." Yeah, once I put the head witout the cygar on, I saw that there was plenty of clearance for the cygar. However, I'm ultra paranoid, so I'm not gonna take the chance, haha!
Subscribe to me on YouTube.
Follow me on Twitter.
xXThePrimesXx
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2
Buy from xXThePrimesXx on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby originaldave77 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:52 am

Motto: "Each risk is one less regret"
Weapon: Gyro-Inhibitor Shell Launcher
I just received my iGear head yesterday and threw on the cigar-less head. Looks great! Happy with the product and price. I bought Kup when I saw this was available.

I was so impressed with it, I thought about designing a new head for Universe Galvatron:

I chose Galvatron because his chin-strap (I think?) makes him look like he is suffering 'bitter beer face', IMHO.

Gonna see if I can find some prototyping help as well.
originaldave77
Minibot
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 8

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:46 am

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Safe rather than sorry? whats the point of getting the cygar head (if that was the main feature that was so appealing) to never put it on? thats like buying a ferrari and never driving it.... although, some ferraris can't be driven after being bought unless ferrari lets you.... ANYWAY
This is a killer set, glad I have it, it adds so much personality, and reminds me of his agro antics in the comics.
:CON:
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby ae_productions » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:13 am

Motto: "Pew, pew, pew!"
Weapon: Rust-Ray Rifle
Yes, this is a FANTASTIC review.

Thanks again for doing it for us.

And THANK YOU iGEAR, for ANOTHER amazing addition to my Transformers collection.
ae_productions
Micromaster
Buy from ae_productions on eBay
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4

Postby Sodan-1 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:22 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Kind of disappointed that the new heads can't just pop off and on without removing the screw. I received this set early this week but don't yet have Kup himself (can't decide which version to get); has anyone tried transforming Kup with the cygar head attached? Is it possible?
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:35 am

Sodan-1 wrote:Kind of disappointed that the new heads can't just pop off and on without removing the screw. I received this set early this week but don't yet have Kup himself (can't decide which version to get); has anyone tried transforming Kup with the cygar head attached? Is it possible?

Did it just now. It is possible.

I find I like to depress the head foundation piece with your finger first. Then while rotating the section around inwards, make sure the head is fairly clear on all sides. Theres really nothing to cause the cygar to break off unless your pretty careless and physical with it. If you are taking things slow, be aware that the shoulder/headlight flaps sorta need to be pushed outwards to allow the section to flip over.. doing it slowly might make you think your forcing something, but your not really. In vehicle mode the head and the cygar are protected fairly well by the chest and the chest canopy underneath.

Dissapointed eh? Well I wouldn't care so much myself but taking the original Kup head apart is annoying, its almost glued together with how much I had to dig and scratch at the sides of the head to find a seam.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby Sodan-1 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:32 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:Kind of disappointed that the new heads can't just pop off and on without removing the screw. I received this set early this week but don't yet have Kup himself (can't decide which version to get); has anyone tried transforming Kup with the cygar head attached? Is it possible?

I find I like to depress the head foundation piece with your finger first. Then while rotating the section around inwards, make sure the head is fairly clear on all sides. Theres really nothing to cause the cygar to break off unless your pretty careless and physical with it. If you are taking things slow, be aware that the shoulder/headlight flaps sorta need to be pushed outwards to allow the section to flip over.. doing it slowly might make you think your forcing something, but your not really. In vehicle mode the head and the cygar are protected fairly well by the chest and the chest canopy underneath.

Dissapointed eh? Well I wouldn't care so much myself but taking the original Kup head apart is annoying, its almost glued together with how much I had to dig and scratch at the sides of the head to find a seam.

I was only disappointed because I didn't think you'd be able to transform him with the cygar head attached. I thought it'd be a bit lame to have to take a screwdriver to his head everytime I wanted to transform him. But now you say it is possible I'm not disappointed anymore. Cheers for letting us know.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:06 am

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Sodan-1 wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:

I was only disappointed because I didn't think you'd be able to transform him with the cygar head attached. I thought it'd be a bit lame to have to take a screwdriver to his head everytime I wanted to transform him. But now you say it is possible I'm not disappointed anymore. Cheers for letting us know.

further more Sodan-1, there is a video of the transformation ( i believe with the prototype head) on iGears Facebook page, it will put your mind at ease entirely! MINDVVIPE's tutorial is also very useful. Thanks MINDVVIPE!!
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay

Postby jamiko » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:09 am

head looks awesome, so happy I pre-ordered it, NOW IF I COULD JUST FIND A F@#KING KUP :BANG_HEAD:
jamiko
Micromaster

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:38 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I can't wait for this. I wish it would make it to Ohio already.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Speed: 8

Postby Traxus Prime » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:15 pm

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
i kinda hope they or somebody does a new head for jazz. not that i don't like jazz's head, i just prefer jazz to have a smile on his face.
Traxus Prime
Mini-Con
Courage: 9

Postby Pr1meSuspect » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:30 am

Motto: "Old soldiers never die, they just fade away..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Got it on preorder at Bigbad. Now i know people are talking crap about iGear cause of them stealing ideas, but this might be their best product. Its truly needed to, i would much rather have that roughened, veteren looking head then the robot version of Willem Dafoe.
Like seriously, Kup's original head looks to skeletal, and like he is super aged and about to die.
Pr1meSuspect
Fuzor
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:58 am

Traxus Prime wrote:i kinda hope they or somebody does a new head for jazz. not that i don't like jazz's head, i just prefer jazz to have a smile on his face.

I want a replacement head for FP springer! :lol: The heads great, but I want one with more of a smirk, as if saying
"believe it or not, this is the fun part" 8)

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby Traxus Prime » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:30 am

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Traxus Prime wrote:i kinda hope they or somebody does a new head for jazz. not that i don't like jazz's head, i just prefer jazz to have a smile on his face.

I want a replacement head for FP springer! :lol: The heads great, but I want one with more of a smirk, as if saying
"believe it or not, this is the fun part" 8)

exactly! and i want jazz to have that "oh, i got this/bring it on" smile
Traxus Prime
Mini-Con
Courage: 9

Postby Rated X » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:25 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Thinking about getting it cause it is more G1 accurate. But the stupid cigar head will be staying in the box.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby CoLDBOTMan » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:39 pm

Motto: "I hate cheap people"
Weapon: Accelerator Rifle
Overall, it's a good video review, but it is incomplete because you didn't show off the cygar head on the Kup body. Now I understand that you have a fear of breaking the thing but come on, it's a $12 add on. If it was $120, I would be hesitant but $12? Easily replaced if anything happens to it. Using that little screw driver they pack does make swapping out the head a little harder than it has to be. I have a eyeglass repair kit with smaller philips heads screw drivers that are magnetize which makes it a lot easier. I did have to take a exacto knife to split the igear heads, just be careful not to cut yourself and ease it into the grooves on the top of head and do not to scratch the paint. Now what to do with them extra heads? For me, since Transformers doesn't take priority in my collection, I have some spare Gundam bodies lying around.

and the regular head,

CoLDBOTMan
Mini-Con
Intelligence: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:57 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Rated X wrote:Thinking about getting it cause it is more G1 accurate. But the stupid cigar head will be staying in the box.

Hahaha here we go again...
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay

Postby Prime Evil » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:54 am

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I think I'm the last person on the planet to get his order, but it's finally here and not lost in the mail. I have a misb gen kup and kup 01 head if anyone wants to buy it. I'm only gonna need ehobby kup and that one set. Pm me if interested.
Attachments
2011-04-26 10.52.00.jpg
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Strength: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10

Next

Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON