This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TFsource Reviews Shadow Scythe & Protector

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.
Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime") that has actually been released.

TFsource Reviews Shadow Scythe & Protector

Postby Court Jester » Tue May 03, 2011 8:02 pm

You know, after the whole Blesser on eBay thing...

What if... and I'm just spitballin here...

FansProject Red Cross Donation Drive Part 2 (minimum $150 donation): Blue Saint Protector.
Last edited by Court Jester on Tue May 03, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Court Jester

Re: TFsource Reviews Shadow Scythe & Protector

Postby LiKwid » Tue May 03, 2011 8:16 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
Love my protector but I'm content without a shadow scyther. Wildrider was just stupid exspensive and custom Hot rods just didnt feel the same..

If FP did do a repaint for TFCC Sideburn..Watch how much that lil guy fetches on ebay.... IT'll be laughable..
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby robofreak » Tue May 03, 2011 8:33 pm

I'm still waiting for another run of Shadow Scythe.

I don't really see the point of them doing this video since Shadow Scythe is no longer available.

They even say in the video that it sold out. At least put out the review before the sell out.

Blue Side Burn trailer would be cool. I'd probably buy it. I still need to buy a Protector and Sidearm for my Henkei Rodimus.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby LiKwid » Tue May 03, 2011 9:26 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
robofreak wrote:I'm still waiting for another run of Shadow Scythe.

I don't really see the point of them doing this video since Shadow Scythe is no longer available.

They even say in the video that it sold out. At least put out the review before the sell out.

Blue Side Burn trailer would be cool. I'd probably buy it. I still need to buy a Protector and Sidearm for my Henkei Rodimus.

It's worth it IMO.. The fact you get both the orange fins and the gold chrome fins make the set look awesome for either figure.

I actually have a extra Protector that Im gonna attempt a repaint for that very figure once my workshop is up and running..
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Speed: 5

Postby bvzxa » Wed May 04, 2011 12:02 am

Motto: "Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough!!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Well to get the gold fins I thought you had to get Sidearm?

I will Say I like protector. My only gripe...and not like a hateful gripe is the arms and head. But it has that overall look that is a must.
For Transformer reviews go here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxjhKsyGeEojzF_1gfC9yEg
For video games and transformers blog go here
http://greattransformersandvideogamesblog.blogspot.com/
bvzxa
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch bvzxa on YouTube
Buy from bvzxa on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Blurrz » Wed May 04, 2011 3:11 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
I'm ready to drop huge rocks on the Shadow Scyther set. Will probably go with Wildrider as the base. Man.. it's going to be huge rocks.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Rated X » Wed May 04, 2011 8:32 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Other than the fact that it looks cool, the black version is really pointless. I may get a blue version though if one ever comes out just to display in truck mode.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed May 04, 2011 8:48 am

I'm getting both Sideburn and clear Roddy, so I wouldn't mind a blue trailer whoever it was made for. As for Shadow Scyther, I didn't bother .... no black Rodimus means no trailer. I usually don't go for really expensive repaints anyway.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby genozaur » Wed May 04, 2011 9:16 am

Blurrz wrote:I'm ready to drop huge rocks on the Shadow Scyther set. Will probably go with Wildrider as the base. Man.. it's going to be huge rocks.

it might be somewhat cheaper for you to use shattered glass rhodimus as they both have the same colorscheme more or less
genozaur
Minibot

Postby Overcracker » Wed May 04, 2011 10:06 am

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
I'm sorry, I wasn't going to nit pick, and be all pronunciation police here, but after the 8th time he said it wrong, I just can't help my self.

Its Ssythe, not sKythe. The C is for all intents and purposes silent.
Hear it

Anyway, yes a little late to the party, and the Scythe version is almost impossible to acquire now.
However the Protector armor, is readily available, little to no price increase thus far.

And its awesome. Unlike many people out there I really love the weapons platform. conversion
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Mkall » Wed May 04, 2011 10:49 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Blurrz wrote:I'm ready to drop huge rocks on the Shadow Scyther set. Will probably go with Wildrider as the base. Man.. it's going to be huge rocks.

Why would you want to destroy such beautiful figures by dropping rocks on them? You're not welcome in my house any more

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8

Postby Kibble » Wed May 04, 2011 10:59 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Rated X wrote:Other than the fact that it looks cool, the black version is really pointless. I may get a blue version though if one ever comes out just to display in truck mode.

Agreed. Although I think a clear blue one would be pretty sweet, although I'm rooting for no more to be released as they're too spendy...and pointless...and I probably would drop the dough anyhow. So the rest of you must be deprived for my inability to show self-restraint...it's only fair.
Kibble
City Commander

Postby ShardFenix » Wed May 04, 2011 12:30 pm

if he could pronounce Scythe(sythe not skythe) it would be less annoying
ShardFenix
Headmaster Jr

Postby robofreak » Wed May 04, 2011 12:37 pm

I'll buy a Shadow Scythe eventually, but only when I have the cash to do it.

SG Rodimus will probably be the figure I buy for it. I'm not sure what Wildrider is worth.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby orionpax44 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:13 pm

First off I joined Seibertron because I was amazed at what it offered versus some other sites

I have to admit that a large part of why I joined the transformers collectors club was to not miss out on the exclusive sideburn for the hopes of a recolor protector.

I really hope they make a frozen type protector they gotta
Bah Weep Grah Na Weep Ninny Bong
orionpax44
Mini-Con
Buy from orionpax44 on eBay

Postby bvzxa » Thu May 05, 2011 5:04 am

Motto: "Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough!!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
robofreak wrote:I'll buy a Shadow Scythe eventually, but only when I have the cash to do it.

SG Rodimus will probably be the figure I buy for it. I'm not sure what Wildrider is worth.

What's odd was Wildrider I think was $100 when he first came out, then he went for less for a minute. Once people heard the production numbers, they snapped and he went for $200 or more. When Shadow Scyther came out he went for $499 or more.

When I got my Shadow Scyther set, I found no point in keeping it to get SG rodimus or Henkei Wildrider. I have had deluxe sets that cost less. I sold my SC set for $355. I left it at that because people are selling bundled sets of SG/SC or HW/SC for way over a $1000. I would pay that for a Grand Maximus, not a deluxe turned into a voyager.
For Transformer reviews go here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxjhKsyGeEojzF_1gfC9yEg
For video games and transformers blog go here
http://greattransformersandvideogamesblog.blogspot.com/
bvzxa
Godmaster
Watch bvzxa on YouTube
Buy from bvzxa on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10

Postby Blackstreak » Thu May 05, 2011 9:10 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Personal general notes here:
Add on to the Protector armor the flames decal set from Reprolabels and you got one badass upgrade.
For some reason I never caught on to the mobile battle platform so I'm fired up. I would most likely use that mode when Rodimus is in his Protector 'bot mode.
I'm fired up about Sideburn coming out soon. Pretty cool to see a Robots in Disguise character getting an update. I'm not so sure about an armor upgrade for him. It doesn't fit the character. I'm just gonna stick w/ the Protector armor for the time being.
I never had the money to get Shadow Scythe, and I definitely don't have it now let alone the Wildrider or Shattered Glass Rodimus for the upgrade to go on. I may look into this Wildrider figure.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'd rather have some upgrade kit that could combine Henkei Wildrider, Dragstrip, G2 Breakdown, and a made-up Motormaster & Dead End into a functioning combiner.
Last edited by Blackstreak on Thu May 05, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby unicron nemesis » Thu May 05, 2011 10:30 am

Had these for a while now but never got down to fixing on the armour. Now that the 2nd Shadow Scythe has arrived, maybe I'll get down to it soon

unicron nemesis
Minibot

Postby krenger99 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 pm

Overcracker wrote:I'm sorry, I wasn't going to nit pick, and be all pronunciation police here, but after the 8th time he said it wrong, I just can't help my self.

Its Ssythe, not sKythe. The C is for all intents and purposes silent.
Hear it

My sentiments exactly. It hurt to hear such an intelligent sounding person say it over and over and over, lol.

I love my set. I always thought Rodimus looked like a bit of a pansy and this set with Classics HotRod turns that around. He looks formidable and fierce.

krenger99
Minibot
Buy from krenger99 on eBay

Postby NTESHFT » Thu May 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
I never even bothered with the Scythe, first because Wildrider and SG Roddy are ridiculously expensive ans second because the armor sold out in what like "3 minutes" after the preorder was available? I have the Protector armor and sidearm and I love it.

Now, I would like to see them do the armor for Sideburn simply because it would look awesome, but if it's going to be like trying to get the shadow armor, i'll pass. Some things I gotta just pass up....
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Alt Mode: NISMO 370Z
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby unicron nemesis » Sat May 21, 2011 10:47 am

Worth every penny

Blesser will have to go with Shadow Scythe for now

unicron nemesis
Minibot

Postby alternator77 » Tue May 24, 2011 6:08 pm

Motto: "we choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them"
Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
sooo...they do a video review of a fig that sold out in like 3 hrs and after that whole debacle with the "held back stock" that got price gouged? really?

this is a little more than annoying just my 2pence. :BANG_HEAD:
alternator77
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #134 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0223DC042 134B (W) Zdarsky (CA) Quesada"
BATMAN #134 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1073 Cvr D pride DC Comics 2023 0423DC199 1073D (CA) Reeder"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WORLDS FINEST #9 DC Comics 1999 (CA) Taylor (W) Kesel (A) Nolan + Guice 230915A"
WORLDS FINEST #9 D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman Santa Claus SILENT KNIGHT #1 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0923DC047 1B (CA) Chew"
Batman Santa Claus ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #4 Cvr F 1:50 DC Comics 0323DC077 4F (W) Williamson (CA) Fradon + Hope"
SUPERMAN #4 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #140 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC075 140A (W) Zdarsky (A/CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #140 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #686 DC Comics 1995 (CA) Nolan + Janson (W) Dixon 230915B"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman Santa Claus SILENT KNIGHT #3 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 1023DC043 3B (CA) Chew"
Batman Santa Claus ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #2 Cvr H 1:100 DC Comics 2023 JAN233231 2H (W) Williamson (CA) Campbell"
SUPERMAN #2 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman LEGENDS OF DARK KNIGHT #28 DC Comics 1992 (W/A/CA) Wagner 230915A"
Batman LEGENDS OF ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BAT-MAN FIRST KNIGHT #1 Cvr B DC Comics 2024 1223DC177 1B (CA) Perez"
NEW!
BAT-MAN FIRST KNIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #130 Cvr E 1:25 DC Comics 2022 OCT223307 130E (W) Zdarsky (CA) Braga"
BATMAN #130 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #706 DC Comics 1997 (A/CA) Nolan (W) Dixon 230915A"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Joker MAN WHO STOPPED LAUGHING #3 Cvr F Spawn DC Comics 2022 AUG229545 3F Daniel"
Joker MAN WHO STOP ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON