This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara "Exclusive" DOTM Voyager Prime, Arcee, Air Raid, Sideswipe, Vortex at BigBadToyStore!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Takara "Exclusive" DOTM Voyager Prime, Arcee, Air Raid, Sideswipe, Vortex at BigBadToyStore!

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:59 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
US fans have been getting antsy for a few weeks with no easy way to preorder some of the exclusive Dark of the Moon figures not yet confirmed for the US: Voyager Optimus Prime with Trailer, Arcee, Air Raid, Vortex, and an apparently shiny silver Sideswipe.

Well, site sponsor BigBadToyStore has come through with listings for each one:

DA-03 Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer

DA-08 Sideswipe

DA-11 Arcee

DA-12 Air Raid

DD-06 Vortex

As always, Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers Dark of the Moon Resource!
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Takara "Exclusive" DOTM Voyager Prime, Arcee, Air Raid, Sideswipe, Vortex at BigBadToyStore!

Postby Road-hole » Mon May 16, 2011 2:44 pm

Sideswipe looks a million times better when he's actually painted, but it's too bad I can't afford to import him. I may just spray paint him myself.

Why does Japan always get the good stuff? Damn you Hasbro for being cheap!!!
Road-hole
Micromaster

Re: Takara "Exclusive" DOTM Voyager Prime, Arcee, Air Raid, Sideswipe, Vortex at BigBadToyStore!

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Mon May 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Road-hole wrote:Sideswipe looks a million times better when he's actually painted, but it's too bad I can't afford to import him. I may just spray paint him myself.

You should damn retailers for refusing to sell more expensive/intricately painted figures, and damn parents for not being able to afford $40 deluxes, and collectors for not buying more. If Hasbro could get away with charging more to provide more paint apps, they would.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby OlivusPrime » Mon May 16, 2011 3:12 pm

Motto: "Let justice prevail over death."
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
If this Sideswipe really is silver, it looks like I'll be importing him. I think I'm one of the few who are okay with the plain paint job, but I don't think anyone can deny that silver paint would make the toy a thousand times better.

Just looking at ROTF Sideswipe today, I can't imagine it looking any good without silver paint.

Recently Bought: Universe (2008) Powerglide, RTS Trailbreaker, DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime
OlivusPrime
Fuzor
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9

Postby RiddlerJ » Mon May 16, 2011 4:55 pm

Does anyone know what that Prime trailer does besides simply opening up?
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby dragons » Mon May 16, 2011 5:04 pm

Does anyone know what that Prime trailer does besides simply opening up?

soter 2 deluxe figures maybe 1 voyager if small enough put crap load of crapy mech tech weapons on it inside & out thts it.

only preorder this version dont want leader class prime this one is better than us voyager prime
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Road-hole » Mon May 16, 2011 8:04 pm

Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Road-hole wrote:Sideswipe looks a million times better when he's actually painted, but it's too bad I can't afford to import him. I may just spray paint him myself.

You should damn retailers for refusing to sell more expensive/intricately painted figures, and damn parents for not being able to afford $40 deluxes, and collectors for not buying more. If Hasbro could get away with charging more to provide more paint apps, they would.

They had no problem painting RoTF Sideswipe silver and selling him for 10-13 bucks at retailers.
Road-hole
Micromaster

Postby Michael Alex Kawa » Tue May 17, 2011 3:29 am

Motto: "I am the most dangerous!"
Weapon: Blue Bolt
I hope Vortex comes out here ,or i should just buy him from Japan :CON: .Yes the Sideswipe looks better :BOT: ,Hasbro will regeret NOT PAINTING HIM #-o ,he will not sell ,even to kids ,when they have so many better choices :-B .
Follow me or Add me on Facebook and YouTube
Am I seriously the only one here that uses my real name. lol :P
Michael Alex Kawa
Vehicon
Watch Michael Alex Kawa on YouTube
Alt Mode: Panzer IV Ausf. D tank.
Strength: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby tekering » Tue May 17, 2011 5:46 am

Motto: ""Life is wasted on the living.""
Weapon: Mighty Ear
If this Sideswipe really is silver, it looks like I'll be importing him.

It's not. We've got all the new DOTM toys here at Toys 'R' Us in Okayama (including the Takara-exclusive Optimus Prime), and Sideswipe is as ugly and unpainted as the Hasbro release. :sad:

Don't believe the hype. :-x
tekering
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1
Buy from tekering on eBay
Strength: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 5
Skill: 3

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Tue May 17, 2011 7:38 am

I am NOT he!"
tekering wrote:

It's not. We've got all the new DOTM toys here at Toys 'R' Us in Okayama (including the Takara-exclusive Optimus Prime), and Sideswipe is as ugly and unpainted as the Hasbro release. :sad:

Can you post some pics?

I can get in touch with Joel at BBTS and forewarn him when everyone cancels their preorder.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby tekering » Tue May 17, 2011 8:40 am

I could take some pictures and upload them in about fourteen hours' time...
tekering
Mini-Con

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:41 am

I am NOT he!"
Please do. I'll definitely try to news it, and hopefully it will save a lot of people a lot of money.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby tekering » Tue May 17, 2011 8:45 pm

Here it is, the incontrovertible proof you requested. Spread the word.

I've seen them in Kobe, and I've seen them in Okayama -- DA-08 Sideswipe is as dull grey as his Hasbro counterpart. Only the stickers on the front and bottom of the package separate the Japanese release from the US version.
tekering
Mini-Con

Darkside Moon DA-08 Sideswipe Photo - No Shiny Paint

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Wed May 18, 2011 9:58 am

I am NOT he!"
Thanks to Seibertron.com member tekering, we now have first hand confirmation that Takara's Darkside Moon Sideswipe is the same flat gray as the domestic release.

tekering wrote:I've seen them in Kobe, and I've seen them in Okayama -- DA-08 Sideswipe is as dull grey as his Hasbro counterpart. Only the stickers on the front and bottom of the package separate the Japanese release from the US version.

Seibertron.com is your source for the latest Dark of the Moon news!
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby Bonecrusher27 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:08 am

Road-hole wrote:They had no problem painting RoTF Sideswipe silver and selling him for 10-13 bucks at retailers.

Exactly! I was thinking WTH was going on when they would not even paint Sideswipe his characteristic colour. Which to be honest, is one reason I'm sure many of us fell in love with the character. Unless the movie Sideswipe if he's in there has somehow become white. Though why they'd take a step down for his iconic look is beyond me.

It can't be that difficult to paint, unless they decided they wanted to average out the total cost of production as low as they could.

Out of curiosity, did anyone not buy him because he wasn't silver? I know a few here have actually stated they don't mind.
Bonecrusher27
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Bonecrusher27 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:13 am

Wait an effin minute! Is that the same unipedal Arcee that we saw in ROTF? I would have thought they'd make something nicer like the first movie Arcee. That picture shows it to be more symmetrical than the grotesque monstrosity that was the ROTF version though. Anyone know more about this figure?
Bonecrusher27
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed May 18, 2011 10:50 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Bonecrusher27 wrote:Wait an effin minute! Is that the same unipedal Arcee that we saw in ROTF? I would have thought they'd make something nicer like the first movie Arcee. That picture shows it to be more symmetrical than the grotesque monstrosity that was the ROTF version though. Anyone know more about this figure?

It's a barely altered RotF Chromia:

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:53 am

I am NOT he!"
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Bonecrusher27 wrote:Wait an effin minute! Is that the same unipedal Arcee that we saw in ROTF? I would have thought they'd make something nicer like the first movie Arcee. That picture shows it to be more symmetrical than the grotesque monstrosity that was the ROTF version though. Anyone know more about this figure?

Barely altered, to homage TF:Prime Arcee! I love homages!
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby OlivusPrime » Wed May 18, 2011 10:55 am

Motto: "Let justice prevail over death."
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
I guess Hasbro spent their painting budget on Deluxe Roadbuster's vehicle mode.

Oh well. No huge importing prices for me!

Recently Bought: Universe (2008) Powerglide, RTS Trailbreaker, DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime
OlivusPrime
Fuzor
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed May 18, 2011 11:11 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

An homage to a figure that hasn't been released yet? The Prime definition of a Time Paradox.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Wed May 18, 2011 11:19 am

I am NOT he!"
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

An homage to a figure that hasn't been released yet? The Prime definition of a Time Paradox.

Yes, it's badass. It's all there: the richer blue, the light pink, the white, the blade...
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby Xterminator » Wed May 18, 2011 12:13 pm

tekering wrote:

Unpainted Takara DOTM Sideswipe = yet another disappointment with DOTM Deluxes

What crappy looking figure ! I prefer 10x to spend US$50 importing Takara AA-06 Sidearm Sideswipe than US$ 5 on this new DOTM SS.

I reaffirm my original position: only the HA and the Leaders (excluding BB) seem to be worth adding to my collection. From the smaller figures only Voyager Shockwave & Skyhammer look good enough.
Xterminator
Minibot

Postby NemesisMonkeySupreme » Wed May 18, 2011 12:38 pm

Motto: "Peace through tyranny… or obliteration. Whichever is quicker."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Is there any info on the MechTech blade colour? Pics show a translucent blue as opposed the flat dark grey of the U.S. release. Or is that a bait 'n' switch too? :-(
:CON: To unleash the Warrior within, tame the Beast without. :CON:
NemesisMonkeySupreme
Vehicon
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 6

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Wed May 18, 2011 12:51 pm

I am NOT he!"
NemesisMonkeySupreme wrote:Is there any info on the MechTech blade colour? Pics show a translucent blue as opposed the flat dark grey of the U.S. release. Or is that a bait 'n' switch too? :-(

You can just barely make it out in the pic. It's the same flat bluish-gray as the domestic. :-(
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby NemesisMonkeySupreme » Wed May 18, 2011 12:59 pm

Motto: "Peace through tyranny… or obliteration. Whichever is quicker."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
And my "to buy" list gets smaller and smaller…
I'll hold out for any possible repaints (preferably a red "Swerve", you know, Sideswipe's REAL colour).
:CON: To unleash the Warrior within, tame the Beast without. :CON:
NemesisMonkeySupreme
Vehicon
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 6

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #16 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2009 16RI (CA) Hutchison"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HEART OF DARKNESS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2011 3RI (CA) Farinas"
Transformers HEART ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 3D GI JOE 1223IM274 (CA) Petraites + Martin"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 DEC200413 1B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #20 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #49 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 0923IM466 6C (CA) Ejikure (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 DEC200412 1A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #52 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 230915V"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #22 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 22B APR200730 (CA) Griffith"
TRANSFORMERS #22 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #27 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 NOV200365 27RI (CA) Goux (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #27 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 4D 0224IM258 (CA) Clarke"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221599 2B Griffith"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1B GI JOE 1023IM260 (CA) Aja (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr B Imag ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON