This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro Transformers DOTM Toy Launch Press Release

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Hasbro Transformers DOTM Toy Launch Press Release

Postby El Duque » Tue May 17, 2011 11:19 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Following yesterday's official launch of the Transformers DOTM toy line Hasbro has issued the following press release:

Hasbro’s Transformers Brand “Rolls Out” a Blockbuster Summer with New Toy Line Launching This Week in Anticipation of Transformers: Dark of the Moon Movie

May 17, 2011 04:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time
PAWTUCKET, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The iconic TRANSFORMERS brand from Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS - News), which has become one of the most successful entertainment franchises of the 21st century, reaches new heights in 2011 when the heroic AUTOBOTS and the villainous DECEPTICONS once again invade movie theaters around the world to continue their epic battle. The new Paramount Pictures live-action movie from director Michael Bay, and executive producer Steven Spielberg, TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON picks up from the last movie with the DECEPTICONS vowing to avenge their defeat and ultimately results in mysterious ties to the 1960’s space race between the US and USSR. The movie — which will be the first-ever TRANSFORMERS film in 3D — opens worldwide on July 1, 2011. Fans won’t have to wait until then to get in on the TRANSFORMERS action as Hasbro announces the global availability of its TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON toy line at retail locations beginning this week.

As one of the hottest global entertainment properties, the TRANSFORMERS brand launches a deep and innovative product line that captures the excitement of the movie while introducing new play patterns and experiences to the brand for kids and fans alike. Highlights include two new action figure segments — the convertible, interchangeable weapons of the MECHTECH line and the collectability and simpler conversions of the CYBERVERSE line — both featuring popular AUTOBOT and DECEPTICON characters like OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATRON, as well as characters from the new film including SENTINEL PRIME. And, continuing the innovation TRANSFORMERS toys are known for, the brand is excited to announce the new CINE-MASK 3D role-play masks. These TRANSFORMERS character masks feature built in RealD 3D lenses and can be worn to RealD 3D theater showings or fans can enjoy as a role play mask at home to recreate the TRANSFORMERS fantasy. Following are detailed highlights from the new TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON line.

TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH Action Figures

One of the most innovative toy lines in history introduces the next revolution in TRANSFORMERS action figures with the new MECHTECH line. Each TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH figure comes with a unique converting MECHTECH weapon that is interchangeable with all other core TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH figures. MECHTECH weapons can connect to each other or to TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH figures to “power-up” the figure. Following are highlights of the new MECHTECH line launching at retailers.

TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH Leader Action Figure Assortment
(Approximate retail price: $44.99: Ages: 5+; Available: Now)
The TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH Leader class assortment offers a large scale with tremendous detail, includes lights and sounds, converts from robot to vehicle and comes with a large MECHTECH weapon. Characters include BUMBLEBEE and SENTINEL PRIME. Each figure sold separately. 2 AA batteries included.

TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH Voyager & Deluxe Action Figure Assortments
(Approximate retail price: Voyager $19.99; Deluxe $11.99: Ages: 5+; Available: Now)
The figures in the TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH Voyager class convert from robot to vehicle and offer a unique MECHTECH weapon. Voyager class characters include OPTIMUS PRIME, IRONHIDE, MEGATRON and more. The TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH Deluxe figures convert from vehicle to robot and offer a wide breadth of AUTOBOT and DECEPTICON characters, including BUMBLEBEE, AUTOBOT RATCHET and STARSCREAM. Each figure sold separately.

TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE Line

Collectability has been an inherent part of TRANSFORMERS action figures since their inception over twenty-five years ago. The new TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE line of action figures is created in a collectable, small scale and features easier robot-to-vehicle conversion than its larger counterparts in the MECHTECH line. The easier conversion and smaller scale allows kids to change the toys from robot to vehicle and play out the TRANSFORMERS fantasy! The new CYBERVERSE line features action figures as well as playsets. Following are highlights of the new CYBERVERSE line launching at retailers.

TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE Commander & Legion Action Figure Assortments
(Approximate retail price: Commander $7.99; Legion $4.99: Ages: 5+; Available: Now)
To play out the battle of the AUTOBOTS vs. the DECEPTICONS, the TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE Commander class figures convert from robot to vehicle and come with converting accessories and gear to take the battle to the next level. The TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE Legion class figures also convert from robot to vehicle and can hold weapons and interact with other CYBERVERSE playsets. More than 20 figures exist within the line to collect. Each figure sold separately. Subject to availability.

TRANSFORMERS ROBOPOWER Line

Featuring TRANSFORMERS role-play items as well as action figures and other toys for the younger TRANSFORMERS fan, the new ROBOPOWER line offers the opportunity for kids, and kids at heart, to “live out” the broad TRANSFORMERS fantasy. Following are highlights from the TRANSFORMERS ROBOPOWER line launching at retailers.

TRANSFORMERS CINE-MASK 3D Masks
(Approximate retail price: $9.99: Ages: 5+; Available: Now)
Get ready for TRANSFORMERS role-play masks that are “MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!” New to the TRANSFORMERS line, fans can gear up and roll out with the TRANSFORMERS CINE-MASK 3D Masks for an all-new, one-of-a-kind experience. Each role-play mask – offered in OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE styling – functions as a “battle mask” to play out the TRANSFORMERS fantasy as one of these AUTOBOT characters. But in addition, each mask is also equipped with built in RealD 3D lenses that allow fans to watch any movie in a RealD 3D compatible theater! Each mask sold separately.

The TRANSFORMERS brand has delivered “MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE” fun to legions of kids around the world for more than 25 years with action figures that convert from robot to vehicle and back again. Legions of boys around the world grew up creating fantastic adventures and battles set on both the planet CYBERTRON and Earth that featured the heroic AUTOBOTS — like OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE — clashing with the evil DECEPTICONS, led by MEGATRON. The toys’ popularity reached new levels with the release of the first two live-action TRANSFORMERS movies, cementing the toys and the brand as one of the hottest global entertainment properties.

About Hasbro

Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS - News) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company’s world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Hub, Hasbro’s multi-platform joint venture with Discovery Communications (NASDAQ:DISCA - News) launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is http://www.hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.

Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. © 2011 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON, is directed by Michael Bay, written by Ehren Kruger and produced by Don Murphy & Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce. The executive producers are Steven Spielberg, Michael Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Hasbro Transformers DOTM Toy Launch Press Release

Postby Treetop Maximus » Tue May 17, 2011 11:33 pm

Motto: "At least the opening was good."
Weapon: Railgun
They make it sound a lot better than it really is.
Hirasawa Yui is the one truth of this world.
Treetop Maximus
Targetmaster
Watch Treetop Maximus on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed May 18, 2011 2:13 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
holy crap the deluxes are suppose to be $12? hasbro really needs to lay off what ever they're on cause 12 bucks for figures that are smaller, have next to no paint apps, and are just built horribly is a rip off if i ever saw one. When i seen the $9.88 price at walmart i thought hasbro finally came to their senses, guess not. I like how they didnt mention human alliance, there are so many classes even hasbro cant keep track. The PR guys earned their paychecks with that statement thats for sure.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby krenger99 » Wed May 18, 2011 2:24 am

Megatron Wolf wrote:holy crap the deluxes are suppose to be $12? hasbro really needs to lay off what ever they're on cause 12 bucks for figures that are smaller, have next to no paint apps, and are just built horribly is a rip off if i ever saw one. When i seen the $9.88 price at walmart i thought hasbro finally came to their senses, guess not. I like how they didnt mention human alliance, there are so many classes even hasbro cant keep track. The PR guys earned their paychecks with that statement thats for sure.

Couldn't have said it better.

krenger99
Minibot
Buy from krenger99 on eBay

Postby Doubledealer93 » Wed May 18, 2011 4:49 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
at my walmart the deluxes are 9 something (not including tax) and the voyagers are 18 something (not including tax) but it could change :(

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby bknewtype » Wed May 18, 2011 7:08 am

wow, i paid 12.99 for deluxes and 23.99 for voyagers. shame, stupid toys r us. didnt want to travel far for target/walmart, was afraid it would all be sold out =[
bknewtype
Mini-Con

Postby RiddlerJ » Wed May 18, 2011 8:04 am

Notice there was no problem getting these figures on the shelves.

Meanwhile, you have to give a kidney to get a Grappel or Windcharger
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Rated X » Wed May 18, 2011 8:35 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
RiddlerJ wrote:Notice there was no problem getting these figures on the shelves.

Meanwhile, you have to give a kidney to get a Grappel or Windcharger

I know. I had to buy a 4 piece box with 2 Lugnuts and Strafe to get my hands on Grapple. (BBTS) My homie is gonna buy the other lugnut from me. He bought a huge box of scouts from TFCC just to get a Windcharger, but I said screw that. My guess is eventually they will milk the windcharger mold in the continued movie line in 2012.

Hasbro is really getting to be a piece of s**t. The only people I respect from Hasbro/Takara is the actual designers of the figures for their genius. But I have zero respect for the marketing division and other corparate entities that make the decisions behind the TF toyline. I wish the toy designers would all walk out on Hasbro and start working for CHMS. :CON:
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM281 303A (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238040 (CA) Barry + Spicer"
VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM476 5A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 5th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM893 (CA) Lindsay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 5th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 SEP200474 5A (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr G Image Comics 2024 1G 1123IM203 Blank Sketch 240415A"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR239178 (CA) Marz (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI Joe: THE FALL OF GI JOE #3 IDW Comics 2014 200210a"
GI Joe: THE FALL O ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr C Laughter Image Comics 2023 1123IM810 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 JUL200572 3A (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 302A 1023IM317 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 301A 0923IM335 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 4E 0224IM259 (CA) Oliver"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 1C GI JOE 1023IM261 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr C 1:10 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON