This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

iGear PP05 Ironhide?

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

Re: iGear PP05 Ironhide?

Postby dinogeist » Thu May 19, 2011 9:00 pm

Gauntlet101010 wrote:Just wait a little longer and you can get a vastly overprices official small MP Megatron. It'll probably come with the stock and silencer too. Or at least it ought to for the prices MPs are going for now,

This would be sweet.

I'd want a revamp waist/hip design on the toy. that got rid of the pin joints. and replaced them with ratchet or ball joints.
dinogeist
Godmaster

Postby Flux Convoy » Thu May 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Not MP scale.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby Doctor McGrath » Mon May 23, 2011 8:38 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Flux Convoy wrote:Not MP scale.

Deluxe?
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Flux Convoy » Mon May 23, 2011 2:48 pm

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
amcgrath929 wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:Not MP scale.

Deluxe?

Now we've got it. ;)
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby metaphorge » Thu May 26, 2011 12:24 am

Motto: "Control the media, control their minds, control the battlefield!"
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Control the media, control their minds, control the battlefield!
metaphorge
Targetmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Update on i-Gear PP-05

Postby Dead Metal » Thu May 26, 2011 1:46 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
3rd Party and KO toy producer i-Gear have updated their Facebook profile with a new teaser image of their upcoming PP-05. The image is collage of CGI renders showing a few key parts of the project we've all known to be Ironhide, these also confirm that the figure will also be repainted/remolded into Ratchet.
Click the image to see the original posting on Facebook.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Dead Metal » Thu May 26, 2011 1:50 am

So far it looks to be an original mold, I am impressed i-Gear, you can still design something yourself.

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby OlivusPrime » Thu May 26, 2011 1:55 am

Motto: "Let justice prevail over death."
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
Looking good, but it'll probably end up too expensive for me. I may get Ratchet though, purely because the Universe figure usually costs an entire planet.

Recently Bought: Universe (2008) Powerglide, RTS Trailbreaker, DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime
OlivusPrime
Fuzor
Strength: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Sodan-1 » Thu May 26, 2011 3:29 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
So IDW heads, G1 accessories and movie style weapons? Quite the chimera. From what we can see of the figure; it looks.... interesting. And not in a good way. Oh well. Will wait and see I guess.
Last edited by Sodan-1 on Thu May 26, 2011 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Warbreaker » Thu May 26, 2011 4:13 am

Motto: "Lines must be drawn. Limits must be defined."
Weapon: Air Concussion Cannon
I see Inferno's shoulder hinge on Ironhide. Are Ironhide and Ratchet extensive retools of the Universe Inferno mold?

Other than that, these are the first Igear stuff I'm really interested in, the retooled seeker/conehead molds aside.
Warbreaker
Fuzor
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Dai_Ceefax » Thu May 26, 2011 4:52 am

Motto: ""A fanatic is one who redoubles his effort when he has forgotten his aim.""
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
Well this looks rather nice, I've wanted a decent Ironhide toy for far too long. Does anybody here have their convoy KOs? What's the consensus on the quality of iGear's MP figures?

These + Takara's MP-10 are looking to make my 2011 somewhat pricey....
Looking for:
Guardian Powered
Cybertron Backblast
BWII/Telemocha Jointrons esp. BWII DJ
PM me if you can help!
Dai_Ceefax
Minibot
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Cardformer » Thu May 26, 2011 5:35 am

Motto: "Even after twenty years, Soundwave still thinks he's better than you."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I just love what some of these third-party people do.
Cardformer
Mini-Con
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 3
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby Dead Metal » Thu May 26, 2011 5:35 am

Warbreaker wrote:I see Inferno's shoulder hinge on Ironhide. Are Ironhide and Ratchet extensive retools of the Universe Inferno mold?

Good eye, it does look a lot like the Universe Inferno shoulders, and upon closer inspection the upper arms look almost exactly the same, ether they use a similar transformation or it's a retooling of Universe Inferno.
So i-Gear might not have returned to creating their own stuff.

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu May 26, 2011 5:44 am

If it's Inferno it's heavily modified. But it would make sense. I could see iGear doing that.

This is not for me. Henkei Ironhide isn't perfect, but he's good enough. There's other TFs I want more than to ry and buy the "perfect" Ironhide.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby --B-- » Thu May 26, 2011 6:14 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
Dead Metal wrote:
Warbreaker wrote:I see Inferno's shoulder hinge on Ironhide. Are Ironhide and Ratchet extensive retools of the Universe Inferno mold?

Good eye, it does look a lot like the Universe Inferno shoulders, and upon closer inspection the upper arms look almost exactly the same, ether they use a similar transformation or it's a retooling of Universe Inferno.

The part of the chest that is shown kinda looks like Robot Masters Prime's chest.

Gauntlet101010 wrote:If it's Inferno it's heavily modified. But it would make sense. I could see iGear doing that.

This is not for me. Henkei Ironhide isn't perfect, but he's good enough. There's other TFs I want more than to ry and buy the "perfect" Ironhide.

I think for me it's about the "perfect" Ratchet. He's such an important character that hasn't gotten a regular release figure that is really good.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Dead Metal » Thu May 26, 2011 6:57 am

--B-- wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:

The part of the chest that is shown kinda looks like Robot Masters Prime's chest.

Yea it does. Now this might be a super extensive retooling of Universe Inferno, but then again it might be an all new figure that took inspiration from Inferno's engineering.

Ether way, I'll wait till they show us more before I cast an opinion.

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby ae_productions » Thu May 26, 2011 7:17 am

Motto: "Pew, pew, pew!"
Weapon: Rust-Ray Rifle
*SIGH*

Takara, Hasbro have no interest in anything BUT movie toys. Their fumble of distribution over their RTS/GENERATIONS line is proof. There were more DOTM sightings BEFORE the street date of those toys than many of the RTS figures that were out for months prior. Sure, they blame the retailers. But Hasbro is in a unique position with their own website and own supply. Bottom line, if they wanted, ALL these figures would have been consistently available on their website for distribution. For more than 5 minutes anyway. I can go on and on, but the point is made.

Takara has no interest in doing anything but milking molds. 10 Masterpiece figures and how many of them are Convoy? How many are Starscream? That leaves us with only 3 other molds since 2004.

iGear is stepping up to the plate and delivering product to a market neither Hasbro nor Takara intend to satisfy.

There seems to be a lot of confusion here. PP-01 faith leader is a figure designed to be scaled down to fit in the Masterpiece line. He's perfectly to scale with MP Grimlock and Starscream*. He is to scale with Classics. Many of course, will cry that this is not true. This is partly due to the consistent lack of scale in Transformers since it was initially created. Of course, the Alternity and Binaltech lines are the exception to that. But no other Transformer line has EVER been to scale. Some will still say PP-01 is NOT to scale with classic figures. And they are wrong. It's elementary physics. A semi truck will not turn into a robot the same size as a robot which turns into a sports car. The classic line and PP-01 are roughly 1:32 scale. It's of course not true scale. But it's as close as Transformers fans get.

(*Starscream is about 1/60 scale, so he would have to be nearly TWICE the size he is now to be to scale with PP-01. Note the key word there was ABOUT. The PP-01 Robot and MP Starscream Robot is to "scale" with each other in respects to the G1 cartoon. But again, in that cartoon, a 30 foot robot can turn into a boom box that a 6 foot human can hold in their hand. Scale is always an issue with Transformers.)

From what I have been told about Ironhide/Ratchet is they will be to scale with the PP-01 Prime, and NOT the MP-01. Which means Ironhide/Ratchet will fit into the classics line perfectly. 1:32 scale-ish. Since they are vans, which are larger than sports cars, it will be larger than a deluxe. Probably Voyager class. Of course, I have not seen this figure yet, but it gives an approximation.

There's a lot of iGear bandwagon hate here. People on the internet always need to complain about something. They lack moral integrity, because they are not passionate about what they are fighting for/complaining about. The same people who cry IP infringement also own a City Commander. These badnwagoners are all in the closet. Once in a while, one will poke their head out. They will let their passive-aggressive cry of hate slip into how tempting Ramjet is. Or Dirge, or Thrust. Oh, if iGear would only release the mini-Megatron...but they HATE iGear, all that iGear stands for, they hope iGear burns in the mouth of hell. I assure you a very large percentage own 3rd party products, and will break down and buy iGear's stuff.

Like it or not, if you collect non-movie TF's, 3rd party is the ONLY game in town.

As for QC issues, it happens with ANYTHING that is mass produced.

Look at the Takara seeker Jets. I know A LOT of fans who have wings with stress joints, or that broke. Some even opened their box to find a broken MP Megatron. Or a Megatron that later would get "cosmic rust." Even MP Convoy and Rodimus Prime ALL HAD EXTREME QC ISSUES. Any mass produced product will have QC issues. Especially something as overly engineered as MP toys, ESPECIALLY products that use translucent plastic, which does NOT have the durability of other plastics. The difference is, if you live outside of Japan, and have an issue with your MP Takara toy, well...too bad for you.

IGear stands behind their product. Even to international customers. All you have to do is contact them and they WILL send you replacement parts. In some cases, it's too bad they won't send you a whole replacement toy. Still, sending out new parts is BETTER service than you will EVER get from Takara. Even Hasbro took 17 emails and nearly 6 months to fix a defective Star Wars toy I bought from them.

And...let's face it. The Classics/Henkei Ratchet/Ironhide is a bit of a let down. Parts of the toy are cool. The robot modes are okay. But overall, it's a major disappointment.

Ironhide and Ratchet are two Classic Characters (not including the movie versions) that do NOT get much treatment. It's great to FINALLY get these two characters in a form that will be worthy of the MP title, or in iGear's realm, the PP title.

This figure could be re-tooled with new parts and heads to be Trailbreaker. Or Hoist. Maybe Skids, or Swerve, or Brawn. Figures who have NOT gotten a proper Classic treatment.

Yes, we may see more Classics from Hasbro. Roughly 3 years from now. That seems to be the time frame Hasbro allows for their movie toys before indulging fans. Even then, if Hasbro fumbles the ball like they did with the RTS/Generations line, good luck finding any of them.

I think 3rd party is the prayer fans have been waiting for. Even if they are in the closet about it.
ae_productions
Micromaster
Buy from ae_productions on eBay
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 4

Postby ae_productions » Thu May 26, 2011 7:26 am

Motto: "Pew, pew, pew!"
Weapon: Rust-Ray Rifle
[/quote]

Ether way, I'll wait till they show us more before I cast an opinion.[/quote]

That is highly logical. Spread your wisdom. From reading these posts, many are allowing their blind assumptions of a product they know nothing about to paint a picture of abstract...well, bullshit.

It would be dubious to have any other preconceived notions prior to obtaining a single morsel of fact. And...I suddenly feel like Shockwave.
ae_productions
Micromaster
Buy from ae_productions on eBay
Speed: 6
Firepower: 4

Postby Dead Metal » Thu May 26, 2011 7:41 am

ae_productions wrote:Snip

The thing people, like me, complain about with i-Gear is that they call themselves a 3rd party company, while most of their products are bootlegs of official product/and or kitbashes.
We do not complain and hate them for producing custom toys based on TF characters, we bash them for steeling other people's designs.
The Faith leader is a scaled down MP Prime KO, with a scaled down KO of someone's garage kit replacement hands and head.
Their Seekers are retooled KOs of the MP Starscream mold, with the retooled parts being reproductions of someone else's kitbashes. And their upcoming PP trailer, is a KO of the original MP trailer, with up-scaled versions of the THS Prime Roller and ion-blaster.
This is even more annoying since they started out making interesting self designed products.

And the reason that RTS has such a bad distribution in the US is simple, the US dollar is currently almost worthless, in Europe prices are higher while the money is worth more which means Hasbro makes more money by sending product over to Europe. Plus these are the final waves of those particular lines before the DOTM line hits shelves, which makes more money so retailers will want to carry that instead of the lines that have no big blockbuster to support them.
And we'll see new G1 inspired stuff by next year the latest, Hasbro loves putting Classics figures into the second half of the Movie line.

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby Rated X » Thu May 26, 2011 7:44 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Are these for the classics versions ???
Rated X
Banned
Speed: 2
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:44 am

--B-- wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:If it's Inferno it's heavily modified. But it would make sense. I could see iGear doing that.

I think for me it's about the "perfect" Ratchet. He's such an important character that hasn't gotten a regular release figure that is really good.

Everything I said about Ironhide applies to Ratchet as well. I'm pretty happy with what i have when it comes to ironhide/Ratchet ... that hole has been filled. Gimme a new character, iGear.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Requiem Prime » Thu May 26, 2011 9:23 am

Motto: "You take care of your team and stay out of my way, so I can take care of mine."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
This is becoming exciting. Yeah, it looks like they'll use elements of other designs, but Ironhide's chest shows enough to say it'll probably be a unique build as a whole. I'm loving the alternate cartoon style heads, and I hope this means Ratchet is getting a unique loadout of extras. Speaking of which, it seems Ironhide's getting quite a... recognizable mix of parts. It's like iGear is developing their own "aligned continuity" in plastic. He'll be definitive on so many levels.

My only real issue with iGear is their pricing. They push around $100 every time whether its a really really fancy KO or a fairly decent deluxe class. It's only made worse since Hasbro is playing coy with if we're ever getting either MP-09 or 10 for a much more reasonable price.

At this point, depending on what I see, I may forgo MP-10 for Ratchet and Ironhide. Ball's in your court iGear; impress me.
Requiem Prime
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby gothsaurus » Thu May 26, 2011 9:52 am

As much as I hate that iGear reuses Hasbro/Takara's work... I KNOW I'm never going to see an official Thrust, Dirge, Ramjet, or Sunstorm masterpiece release... ever ... especially stateside.

I do appreciate that they're taking a STAB at doing some original molds and sculpts. I hope this continues... I think it will give iGear some more reputability with the fans/less bashing. I'd also note, the quality and detail has been fantastic on their toys. No complaints there.

Like it or not, we are facing a third "drought" while the movie toys saturate the market for 1-3 years. And for the lot of us who hate the Bayverse toys... and flat, underdeveloped (due to human screentime), not to mention racial stereotype characters)... we turn our attention to 3rd party to fill the gap.

Mind you, I'm not knocking those that LIKE the Bayverse. It's just a different universe and characters. I know it appeals to kids, and I feel like he at least got Prime right... even if he can't get anyone's colors right. LOL.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Doctor McGrath » Thu May 26, 2011 10:46 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I'm interested to see more.. but I'm more interested in the Impactor head.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Speed: 8

Postby Ddave » Thu May 26, 2011 9:45 pm

Just saw this post by iGear on their FB page.

It is about 19CM, 7.5in

referring to the (not)Ironhide & (not)Rachet figures.

@ work atm, so does anyone want to shop up a possible size comparrion with current MP figures?
Ddave
Micromaster

PreviousNext

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #6 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAY210468 6A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #11 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 OCT210410 11B (CA) Yurcaba"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Fuzor AIR HAMMER Transformers Beast Wars Basic complete Hasbro 1998 230609A"
Fuzor AIR HAMMER T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers The Movie G1 Retro reissue Walmart exclusive 2023 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DILLO Transformers Beast Machines Deployers Hasbro 2000 New / purple; version #1"
DILLO Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATTRAP Transformers Beast Machines Mega Class complete Hasbro 2001 230615A"
RATTRAP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #15 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 FEB220438 15B (CA) Duggan"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATTRAP Transformers Beast Machines Mega Class complete Hasbro 2001 230325A"
RATTRAP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Oversized SWINDLE guns Transformers G1 KO (Korean Destronger?) unknown 200118A"
Oversized SWINDLE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JET-KUN First Transformers G1 airplane complete Hasbro 1986 220825A"
JET-KUN First Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars McDonald's Happy Meal Premium 1998 230609A"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220491 14B (CA) Chi"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON