This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime

Postby Mach » Fri May 20, 2011 7:32 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
Japanese Transformers News blog - Autobase Aichi has posted the first image of Takara Transformers "Dark Side Moon" Dark Side Optimus Prime. This figure is exclusive to Japan convenience store - Lawson, and it is a part of the campaign of the upcoming live action movie in Japan.

Interested party need to purchase the Transformers Dark Side Moon (Or Transformers Dark Of The Moon) movie ticket from Lawson before entitle to purchase the figure. Total cost of the figure plus movie ticket is Japanese Yen 6760.
The delivery of the figure is scheduled on 9th August 2011.

Dark Side Optimus Prime is a black repaint version of Hunt For The Decepticons Voyager Class Battle Blades Optimus Prime.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:45 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Pretty sexy. I love the red edged blades. Looks like he just went Kill Bill on everyone.

It's funny that the US got a domestic release of "Starry" Prime featuring hooks, and Japan is now getting a release with blades.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: First Image of Lawson Exclusive Transformers Dark Side Moon - Dark Side Optimus Prime

Postby RhA » Fri May 20, 2011 7:47 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Sweet figure, sweet colors.I want it, but I'll never buy it.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri May 20, 2011 7:47 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Razorclaw0000 wrote:Pretty sexy. I love the red edged blades. Looks like he just went Kill Bill on everyone.

It's funny that the US got a domestic release of "Starry" Prime featuring hooks, and Japan is now getting a release with blades.

I was about to say that. I still don't know which I'd prefer, the Japanese has better colors and the silver matrix, while the US has the swords but an unpainted matrix.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Rated X » Fri May 20, 2011 8:07 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Im not a fan of Black Primes. I like bule Primes better. I did pick up the one with the stars at walmart for only $17.99 and it comes with a free deluxe repaint. Great deal.
Rated X
Banned
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby adamassc » Fri May 20, 2011 8:26 am

Motto: "In one little corner of the universe, there's nothing more irritating than a misfire"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
This looks like Scourge from RiD got a Bayverse makeover.
adamassc
Pretender
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+

Postby ConBotFormer » Fri May 20, 2011 8:30 am

To bad it's not a leader. Would make one hell of a Nemesis Prime.
ConBotFormer
Minibot
News Credits: 2

Postby Tigertrack » Fri May 20, 2011 9:25 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Black Prime limited repaint. Do I want it? No. I've been burned enough time on these when a comparable figure is released exclusively across the way, and then released here also.

Lawson's Blackout is the big one for me... I am very selective after that debacle.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Downbeat » Fri May 20, 2011 9:26 am

Motto: "Can't think and I'm feeling fine."
Weapon: Electro-Disruptor
Downright gorgeous. Big fan of black Prime repaints, and the red edged blades make me think of my favorite, Scourge.
Downbeat
Minibot
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 3

Postby rpetras » Fri May 20, 2011 10:48 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Does anyone have a preorder up for this guy yet?

ConBotFormer wrote:To bad it's not a leader. Would make one hell of a Nemesis Prime.

They did that already.

There is even a gallery for it:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/revenge-of-the-fallen/black-optimus-prime/2024/

For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Courage: 7

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:56 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
BBTS does, but I hope it comes with a tube of lube:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

I have it for now, but if I can secure a cheaper alternative I will.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby Blurrz » Fri May 20, 2011 11:03 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Wow, the color scheme is a lot more impressive than I expected. Almost IDW The Fallen like. Too bad he's so expensive. and still has Autobot symbols?
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri May 20, 2011 11:19 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Blurrz wrote:Wow, the color scheme is a lot more impressive than I expected. Almost IDW The Fallen like. Too bad he's so expensive. and still has Autobot symbols?

Evil clones are like so last tuesday, black good guys are like all the rage in Japan. I should get myself one.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241

Postby rpetras » Fri May 20, 2011 11:20 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Razorclaw0000 wrote:BBTS does, but I hope it comes with a tube of lube:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

I have it for now, but if I can secure a cheaper alternative I will.

Yea, OWW!

I put it on preorder too, but I suspect someone will have it for a but less than that.

If you spot a better deal let me know.

I did the yen conversion and it works out to over $80, so he won't be cheap in any event.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Strength: 9

Postby Blurrz » Fri May 20, 2011 11:29 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Wow, the color scheme is a lot more impressive than I expected. Almost IDW The Fallen like. Too bad he's so expensive. and still has Autobot symbols?

Evil clones are like so last tuesday, black good guys are like all the rage in Japan. I should get myself one.

YOU ARE NOT COUNTERPUNCHING ME.

I WILL NOT BUY THIS!

*runs away*
Blurrz
God Of Transformers

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:42 am

I am NOT he!"
Blurrz wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

YOU ARE NOT COUNTERPUNCHING ME.

I WILL NOT BUY THIS!

*runs away*

Hello, Blurrz, look at your Prime, now back to me, now back at your Prime, now back to me. Sadly, it isn’t Lawson's, but if you stopped being thrifty and gave into the Counterpunching, it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re next to a shelf with the Prime your Prime could look like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s a Lawson's Dark Side Prime homaging Black Fire Convoy. Look again, the Prime is now Shining Unicron. Anything is possible when your Prime looks like Lawson's and not ordinary. I’m not Counterpunch.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby The Variable » Fri May 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Weapon: Energo-Sword
I wonder why, after all this time, this mold is still being pictured without its "complete" transformation. The undocumented steps like extending the front bumper for the heel, or adjusting the arm panels to give more hand clearance. Even the "collarbone" effect of the cab windows is largely ignored. That said, it's still a sweet repaint.
I'm open for personal art commissions! Go here: http://variable-edge.deviantart.com
The Variable
Minibot
Strength: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 1

Postby Doctor McGrath » Fri May 20, 2011 1:11 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I don't care for the gold/yellow coloring.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Fri May 20, 2011 1:11 pm

I am NOT he!"
The Variable wrote:I wonder why, after all this time, this mold is still being pictured without its "complete" transformation. The undocumented steps like extending the front bumper for the heel, or adjusting the arm panels to give more hand clearance. Even the "collarbone" effect of the cab windows is largely ignored. That said, it's still a sweet repaint.

This looks like a photoshop job over the original stock photos, which were equally wrong.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby robofreak » Fri May 20, 2011 1:24 pm

Razorclaw0000 wrote:Hello, Blurrz, look at your Prime, now back to me, now back at your Prime, now back to me. Sadly, it isn’t Lawson's, but if you stopped being thrifty and gave into the Counterpunching, it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re next to a shelf with the Prime your Prime could look like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s a Lawson's Dark Side Prime homaging Black Fire Convoy. Look again, the Prime is now Shining Unicron. Anything is possible when your Prime looks like Lawson's and not ordinary. I’m not Counterpunch.

That is the best line ever. Can we get this put to a commercial in the style of the Old Spice Man?
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby noctorro » Fri May 20, 2011 1:35 pm

OMG, he looks great! To bad it's an exclusive, that voyager ROTF Optimus Prime mold is awesome, just like the Leader class Buster Prime.
I hope they'll repaint that mold as much as they did the Movie 1 voyager (didn't like the mold but it had a crazy amount of repaints)

Side question, is it confirmed that there's going to be a DOTM Leader class Megatron?

Why doesn't Hasbro repaint cool molds? I'd love to see some inverted colours repaints.
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Down_Shift » Fri May 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Damn it all! Why do I have to love black repainted so much"

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Endurance: 8
Skill: 6

Postby robofreak » Fri May 20, 2011 2:22 pm

Down_Shift wrote:Damn it all! Why do I have to love black repainted so much"

Because we're all hopeless suckers for awesome figures repainted black.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt

Postby Blurrz » Fri May 20, 2011 2:29 pm

robofreak wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:Hello, Blurrz, look at your Prime, now back to me, now back at your Prime, now back to me. Sadly, it isn’t Lawson's, but if you stopped being thrifty and gave into the Counterpunching, it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re next to a shelf with the Prime your Prime could look like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s a Lawson's Dark Side Prime homaging Black Fire Convoy. Look again, the Prime is now Shining Unicron. Anything is possible when your Prime looks like Lawson's and not ordinary. I’m not Counterpunch.

That is the best line ever. Can we get this put to a commercial in the style of the Old Spice Man?

Welcome to the Top Hot and Monocle Club. Where we are all Punch and certainly not Counterpunch. To get membership into our club, you must own Noisemaze Production Type. To gain further status in the club, you must purchase Lawson Dark Side Optimus Prime.

G'day chaps

Blurrz
God Of Transformers

Postby robofreak » Fri May 20, 2011 4:03 pm

Blurrz wrote:
Welcome to the Top Hot and Monocle Club. Where we are all Punch and certainly not Counterpunch. To get membership into our club, you must own Noisemaze Production Type. To gain further status in the club, you must purchase Lawson Dark Side Optimus Prime.

G'day chaps

Crap! I still haven't been able to find one. Can I be an honorary member until then? I'll bring cookies to all the meetings.

If anyone has the prodcution type and wants to sell, PM me and we'll work something out. I need this figure.

I don't kow why I need it, but I do.

robofreak
Gestalt

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy 2018"
IRONHIDE (Blue) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRACKS Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" figure WV2 Alien Mask figure 2023 New"
TRACKS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers BUMBLEBEE Pocket Keychain Dangler 1.5" 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN LEADER OPTIMUS PRIME W/ MATRIX Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 4 New"
FALLEN LEADER OPTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Orange) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Orange) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" Junkion action figure 2023 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON (Red) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
MEGATRON (Red) Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action master figure WV2 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REFORMATTING MEGATRON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" figure WV2 2024 New"
NEW!
REFORMATTING MEGAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Red) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Red) Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure"
HYPER STEEL OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOMBSHELL Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action master figure WV1 2022 New"
BOMBSHELL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK + WHEELIE Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" dino figure WV2 figure 2023"
GRIMLOCK + WHEELIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Jumbo Transformers SOUNDWAVE WITH TAPES Vinyl Figure #93 2021 New"
Funko Pop! Jumbo T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON