This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Reminder: Transformers DOTM Novelization Now Available

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Reminder: Transformers DOTM Novelization Now Available

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri May 27, 2011 8:08 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I wouldn't grab the torches and pitchforks quite yet, folks. Though the basic story outline of the novelization will probably match the movie, history has taught us that the printed versions of the Transformers movies tend to stray from the on screen canon. The "little" details, like which characters die and survive during the movie, are subject to change. Any scene in the book involving The Twins should be taken with a grain of salt, as Bay has been swearing up and down that they are not in the film, period. Early screenings have confirmed as much. If you've read the novel or the spoilers, I'd say you probably have a good idea of how the story will progress, but don't take ANY detail for granted until the movie is actually released.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby First-Aid » Fri May 27, 2011 9:30 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
griftimus prime wrote:horrible. wake me when they reboot it.

I suggest Prozac because a reboot isn't likely. THey are making way too much money on the movies as they are currently made. Why change a good formula?
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby D-340 » Fri May 27, 2011 10:14 am

Sam kills Starcream!

Seriously, f@ck you Ehren Kruger and Micheal Bay.

Everything else, meh. The ending sucks, the Prime/Megs team up is cool, but then Prime lets Megs go back to Cybertron!?!?!?!?!?!? LAME! Bummer Ironhide buys it and Shockwave does much of nothing. Sentinel Primes's betrayal is a cool angle. Meh overall, though at least it reads better than ROTF, so that's positive.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby jaws » Fri May 27, 2011 10:37 am

Just got mine @ K-Mart today; already taken a couple of glances but I won't spoil anything.
jaws
Targetmaster

Postby Autobot032 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:38 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
EDIT: Nevermind. It's just not worth it. *facepalms*
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Foxbear » Fri May 27, 2011 8:29 pm

:x The book was amazing. :D Great story, great characterizations, and awesome ending. I read it all in one night. ;)^ Couldn't put it down. Optimus 's spark-ache over Sentinel 's betrayal would make a stone weep. The humans’ interactions with the bots are great. Peter David :BOWDOWN: is, in my humble opinion, the best in the field at screenplay novelizations. But now I'm afraid to watch the movie for fear Bay will spoil it....
Foxbear
Minibot

Postby Tgd124 » Fri May 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Motto: "strike first, strike fast, strike hard"
Weapon: Flame-Thrower
I can't wit for the movie, it sounds pretty awesome. can you give any more spoilers about the twins and the wreckers? and is jolt in it?
Tgd124
Mini-Con
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Starscream GaGa » Sat May 28, 2011 1:50 am

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Wolfman Jake wrote:I wouldn't grab the torches and pitchforks quite yet, folks. Though the basic story outline of the novelization will probably match the movie, history has taught us that the printed versions of the Transformers movies tend to stray from the on screen canon. The "little" details, like which characters die and survive during the movie, are subject to change. Any scene in the book involving The Twins should be taken with a grain of salt, as Bay has been swearing up and down that they are not in the film, period.

I'd say that Ironhide, Sentinel Prime, Starscream, Shockwave, Laserbeak and Soundwave are most definately doomed: they have died in the same way in two adaptations, Ironhide and Sentinel in three. Furthermore, Ironhide and the Twins are adsent from all filming in Chichago, leaving him the in the "deader than dead" category.

The ONLY character I think may survive is Wheeljack, as he has, so far, only died in one adaptation.

Wolfman Jake wrote:Early screenings have confirmed as much. If you've read the novel or the spoilers, I'd say you probably have a good idea of how the story will progress, but don't take ANY detail for granted until the movie is actually released.

The early screening reviews mentioned that the Twins WERE in it but "toned down".
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sat May 28, 2011 7:59 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Starscream GaGa wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Any scene in the book involving The Twins should be taken with a grain of salt, as Bay has been swearing up and down that they are not in the film, period. Early screenings have confirmed as much. If you've read the novel or the spoilers, I'd say you probably have a good idea of how the story will progress, but don't take ANY detail for granted until the movie is actually released.

The early screening reviews mentioned that the Twins WERE in it but "toned down".

You need to pay closer attention to the Seibertron news feed, my friend.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Endurance: 8

Postby Starscream GaGa » Sat May 28, 2011 9:34 am

Wolfman Jake wrote:
Starscream GaGa wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Any scene in the book involving The Twins should be taken with a grain of salt, as Bay has been swearing up and down that they are not in the film, period. Early screenings have confirmed as much. If you've read the novel or the spoilers, I'd say you probably have a good idea of how the story will progress, but don't take ANY detail for granted until the movie is actually released.

You need to pay closer attention to the Seibertron news feed, my friend.

Oh. Huh. Never saw that update.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr

Postby Tgd124 » Sat May 28, 2011 11:50 am

i really hope bay didn't cut the twins, i was one of the few that loved them, and from what i've heard they die pretty epicly (or at least Mudflap does). were the wreckers really racist, or not so much in the book? i cannot wait to see them in the movie
Tgd124
Mini-Con

Postby Starscream GaGa » Sat May 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the novel is based on a script that didn't include the robot dialogue and as sch, everything said in the novel is just assumptions made on descriptions within the scripts.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr

Postby dirk2243 » Mon May 30, 2011 5:01 pm

Motto: "If you don't believe me, just ask me.....I'll tell you all about it."
HoundimusPrime wrote:I would rather not... Novels kinda ruin the movie, Rotf's as nothing like the movie, but prime still died.... it might also give false hope for the movie plot

This is why I have the novel, however not touching it until I've seen the movie. i did it for ROTF also. I like to see the movie magic before I read the book.
New pics added as I find time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirk2243/
dirk2243
Headmaster

Postby Doubledealer93 » Tue May 31, 2011 4:53 pm

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
other than some of the good characters dying it will be good. RIP iron hide :sad: twins? i like them, just dont care too much.

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby starscreamprime1010 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:18 pm

Motto: ""You may lose your faith in us, but never in yourselves..""
I actually liked the twins in this. They both went in an epic fasion.
BTW, the book was actually really good.
"Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate."
starscreamprime1010
Minibot
News Credits: 4
Speed: 3
Firepower: 6

Postby Tgd124 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:27 pm

Can someone who read the book post spoilers n the wreckers and the twins?
Tgd124
Mini-Con

Postby starscreamprime1010 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:17 am

Motto: ""You may lose your faith in us, but never in yourselves..""
The wreckers rebuilt the spacecraft that the autobots eventually get exiled on. Oh and leadfoot or topspin gets his leg blown off by soundwave... i cant remember. The twins die right after Ironhide. Setinel Prime aims for bumblebee but skids jumps in front of the blast and melts. Mudflap yells out a howl and pushes all the autobots away and attacks setinel prime directly, and does a pretty good job at it. Finally setinel stops him and shoves the acid down mudflaps throat, and he soon melts too.
"Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate."
starscreamprime1010
Minibot
News Credits: 4
Speed: 3

Postby Tgd124 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:41 am

this is gonna be an epic movie. i hope they don't stop at this one, it'd be cool to see prequals on cybertron, or sequals on cybertron where megatron lied and took over instead of aiming to fix it and call prime like he said he would.
Tgd124
Mini-Con

Postby Sailor Destron » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:48 am

Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Ummm... Page 99 was... disturbing.

Oh and I think that the Igor head is the head of the Fallen. :lol:
Other than that, I read "just the good parts". I'm not going to read 400 pages about humans and Auto bots! Give me more Decepticons!
:CON:
Sailor Destron
Minibot
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: 9

Postby Bleak5170 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:08 am

Weapon: Acetylene Torch Gun
I have not been able to find this anywhere in Canada. I mean, I could order it online but I want to just walk into a book store and buy it. Why not a single store in my city is carrying it yet is a mystery to me. They have a plethora of other TF books in stock.
Bleak5170
Minibot
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 4

Postby First-Aid » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:24 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Bleak5170 wrote:I have not been able to find this anywhere in Canada. I mean, I could order it online but I want to just walk into a book store and buy it. Why not a single store in my city is carrying it yet is a mystery to me. They have a plethora of other TF books in stock.

It's Canada. Don't they wait on EVERYTHING until the NHL Finals are over? 8-} :BANG_HEAD:
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Bleak5170 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:53 am

Weapon: Acetylene Torch Gun
First-Aid wrote:
Bleak5170 wrote:I have not been able to find this anywhere in Canada. I mean, I could order it online but I want to just walk into a book store and buy it. Why not a single store in my city is carrying it yet is a mystery to me. They have a plethora of other TF books in stock.

It's Canada. Don't they wait on EVERYTHING until the NHL Finals are over? 8-} :BANG_HEAD:

Good point.
Bleak5170
Minibot
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 4

Previous

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr K 1:10 design Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240115 2K (CA) Moss"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr P Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230219 1P (W) Shalvey (A/CA) Moss"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #4 Cvr F 1:10 Boom Studios Comics 2023 JAN230392 4F"
MMPR TMNT II #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #144 Cvr B IDW Comics AUG231415 144B Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA) Campbell"
TMNT #144 Cvr B ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240189 3B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr T 1:30 Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240207 3T Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #103 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 DEC190609 103A Ninja Turtles Ongoing 3A 231010A"
TMNT #103 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #1 Cvr D IDW Comics 2023 MAY231441 1D (CA) Gorham"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #112 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 Ninja Turtles OCT200462 112RI 231010D"
TMNT #112 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr U 1:40 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240125 2U (CA) Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #4 Cvr B IDW Comics APR231620 4B (CA) Eastman"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUN221664 1B (CA) Eastman"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ZC 1:15 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249145 3ZC (CA)Liefeld"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics SEP221734 3RI (CA) Qualano 230103D"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON