This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Clarification on the Identity of the Mercedes E550

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Clarification on the Identity of the Mercedes E550

Postby El Duque » Mon May 30, 2011 11:34 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Site admin of Michael Bay's Shoot for the Edit forums, nelson, is at it again. Just a couple of days ago he stated the red Ferrari 458 would not be called Mirage in the movie, but would bare the name of a famous Italian and speak with an Italian accent. Now he's decided to give us a little clarification on the identity of the blue Mercedes E550.

For some time now, I've implied through some of my post that Wheelie's sidekick was the Mercedes E550 (the E550 is a whole different character).

It's not.

My bad, my apologies.

Brains is Wheelie's buddy. And what's Brain's alt-mode you ask? You'll have to wait and see.

Now many of you will think he's stating the obvious because we already know the identity of the blue Mercedes E550 to be Wheeljack. Well maybe not. When other Shoot for the Edit members brought up Wheeljack he had this to say:

Has Bay confirmed it's Wheeljack?

Here's your problem: you keep assuming the packaging and novels are the end all, be all. People assume they dictate Bay what storyline to follow, what to name characters, etc.

Until anything is officially confirm here or by Bay in the press, all bets are off.

There's no debate. His name has been chosen for quite some time now.

Speculation? Yes.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Clarification on the Identity of the Mercedes E550

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Mon May 30, 2011 11:44 pm

Weapon: Sword
I grow tired of the speculation and am just looking forward to watching a really good (I hope) Transformers movie this summer. :D
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Nemesis243 » Mon May 30, 2011 11:47 pm

Nelson is a dick and Bay loves lying to us. Case in point the Mercedes is Wheeljack and the Ferrari is Mirage. I don't care what some guy whose name is "Nelson" says.
Nemesis243
Mini-Con
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Mon May 30, 2011 11:50 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Lapse Of Reason wrote:I grow tired of the speculation and am just looking forward to watching a really good (I hope) Transformers movie this summer. :D

Me too, everything is starting to contradict what was said before. I'm just going to wait for the movie to find out who's in it.
Last edited by Evil_the_Nub on Tue May 31, 2011 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Starscream GaGa » Mon May 30, 2011 11:57 pm

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
He also said the Fire Truck isn't Sentinel Prime. Why would ANYONE believe him?
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6

Postby Tyrannotaur » Mon May 30, 2011 11:58 pm

Motto: "What does not kill me makes me stronger."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I am now convinced that Nelson's job is Misdirection. Bay sent him out to spread these rumors to generate speculation and interest in the film. I'm just gonna wait for the movie to see what's what.
Tyrannotaur
Vehicon
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8

Postby Justicity » Tue May 31, 2011 12:31 am

The way I see it, the kids are going to know the names of the characters because they buy the toy, and I'm the same. Brawl is still Brawl to me, not Devastator. One line of dialogue isn't going to change the fact that until I saw the movie he was Brawl, and after the movie the packaging still said Brawl.
It's the same here. In my mind books and toy packaging is more concrete than a few lines in the movie, so to me, and I'm sure to any kid that has the toy, they will be called whatever it says on the box.
This whole "Ah, but they're really soandso in the movie!" is childish and petty. Okay, you want your movie to have surprises. That's fine. Don't let plot points leak! But at least give each character one name and stick to it. This IS a kids franchise after all. Why make it so confusing for a bunch of children that just want to play with toys and see their toys on the big screen?

"Mummy, mummy, buy me Mario and Cleverbot for Christmas!"
"Yeah sure." "Hmm, they only have Mirage and Wheeljack? No Mario or Cleverbot anywhere. Oh well, I'll get him that educational dictionary instead."
Justicity
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Autobot Firestorm » Tue May 31, 2011 12:31 am

Weapon: High-Powered, Laser-Sighted, Photon Rifle
First Nelson is a grade A jag bag. The ferarri is supposed to have an Italian name......when did Transformers take on human names? The accents are bad enough. This Mercedes will be Wheeljack, have the freaked out hair like Einstein, and will have a thick German accent. The Ferrari is Mirage (not Mario, Dario, or Donatello) and have an Italian accent. The Wreckers already have the stereotypical NASCAR fan characteristics - Topspin has a mullet, Roadbuster wears a baseball cap and sunglasses, and Leadfoot has a beergut. Can't wait for the Southern drawl. I just want to know - if Danica Patrick was racing NASCAR this year - would we get a female robot in Daisy Dukes? If we thought the Twins were stereotypical in ROTF - this movie is really shaping up to be a cluster &@€%.

Get JJ Abrams to do the reboot. Then people will get a good story and keep us guessing without the misinformation BS.

-- AF
War For Cybertron ID: Firestorm_Prime
Autobot Firestorm
Minibot
News Credits: 3
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Trikeboy » Tue May 31, 2011 12:57 am

Whatever, Michael Bay (aka Nelson) can talk all he wants. I'm sure Hasbro are very happy that he will cause them to rename thousands of dollars worth of toys for a name in the movie. Devastator was supposed to be called Brawl in the first movie. Unless we are supposed to believe the tank in the first movie was rebuilt into a hulking combiner that the Autobots have been unable to take down but one shot from a huma weapon can do just fine. Why bother trying to lie at this late stage? The movie is out in a month. We will see soon.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby Starscream GaGa » Tue May 31, 2011 1:26 am

The Blue Mercedes is Wheeljack
The Ferrari is Mirage
The Silver Mercedes is Soundwave
Sentinel Prime is the main villain, not Shockwave
Silverbolt is not in the movie

The ONLY crap they've pulled that might of actually done is the Twins being removed, but I highly doubt it. I'm sure they will be in the movie.

Seriously, its too late to pull the misinformation crap. Nelson also talks like a total prick.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr

Postby Captziltoid » Tue May 31, 2011 1:58 am

brains.......... hahahahahahahahahahahahaha omg i just peed my diaper.
Captziltoid
Minibot

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Tue May 31, 2011 2:30 am

Motto: "Embrace the coming oblivion."
Weapon: Black Magic
I can sum this up with one line from Invader Zim:

"LIIIIIES! THE FILTHY EARTH BOY LIIIIIES!"
Twitchythe3rd
Brainmaster
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby Down_Shift » Tue May 31, 2011 4:48 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Just more misdirection. If it's already published in the official novels then it's cannon. We know that, the rest if the internet knows that, and Nelson knows that. He's just trying to stir the pot until the movie comes out in a month. Or the game in two weeks.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Stockade » Tue May 31, 2011 5:50 am

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
since Bay lies alot about most of everything that deals with his Transformer movies, makes you wonder if the Dinobots are in it, since he said they would be stupid and wouldn't know where or how to fit them into the film? But its amazing how he can bring Sen Prime into the film along with Laserbeak and many others.

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9

Postby Starscream GaGa » Tue May 31, 2011 7:50 am

Stockade wrote:since Bay lies alot about most of everything that deals with his Transformer movies, makes you wonder if the Dinobots are in it, since he said they would be stupid and wouldn't know where or how to fit them into the film? But its amazing how he can bring Sen Prime into the film along with Laserbeak and many others.

No it doesn't.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr

Postby RodimalToyota » Tue May 31, 2011 8:48 am

This is just stupid. Hasbro decides the names, it's there baby and thier toys.
Nelson is trying to pretend Bay has more power then he does in production.

Clearly it's wheeljack, and the red Ferrari is Mirage.
Otherwise Bay pisses off everyone who has any work already into the DOTM franchise.
From comics, to graphic Novels, to books... The awnsers are already there.
Masterpiece Hoarder
RodimalToyota
Pretender
News Credits: 5

Postby morphobots » Tue May 31, 2011 9:08 am

RodimalToyota wrote:This is just stupid. Hasbro decides the names, it's there baby and thier toys.

Clearly it's wheeljack, and the red Ferrari is Mirage.
Otherwise Bay pisses off everyone who has any work already into the DOTM franchise.
From comics, to graphic Novels, to books... The awnsers are already there.

Amen. At this point, I don't care about the names because we already know Bay pulls them out of a hat. But they need to stay consistent throughout the media, and he should at least have the courtesy to provide that. Supposedly he overruled Orci and Kurtzman on the first film at the last minute because Devastator sounded cooler to him than Brawl did. Fast forward: "Hey, we made so much money now we can make a second film with that big guy . . . oops. Ahh, call him Defensor!"
morphobots
Targetmaster

Postby Ravage XK » Tue May 31, 2011 9:36 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Nemesis243 wrote:I don't care what some guy whose name is "Nelson" says.

If that is indeed his real name! :)

Yeah, lets just get on with it and see the film.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby D-340 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:10 am

RodimalToyota wrote:This is just stupid. Hasbro decides the names, it's there baby and thier toys.

^This.

That's why I always lol when ever these douche warehouses speak on stuff like this. They act like they got all the stroke, HA! I wish Hasbro would see this kinda stuff, so they could see the mentality of the people working on their franchise. Not like it would change anything now, but for the next go around.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster

Postby BluePhirePB » Tue May 31, 2011 10:25 am

More misinformation. Having that said, should we all go to Defcon-Delta if this happens?:
Nelson:

"Transformers: Dark of the Moon is the best of the trilogy."
BluePhirePB
Minibot
News Credits: 4

Postby craggy » Tue May 31, 2011 12:46 pm

I've been thinking of renaming them all anyway. There should be a special feature on the DVD where each Transformer character is randomly replaced by another one, or a shot of a bunch of scrap metal, and you have to take a drink if you can tell the difference.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Stoopid Jetfire too

Postby DarkEnergon » Tue May 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Motto: "You can't harm me while Dark Energon flows through my veins!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
And why did Jetfire have a british accent too? That made absolutely no sense at all. He must have been doing lots of stealth spy missions over London before he retired?
DarkEnergon
Minibot
Buy from DarkEnergon on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Courage: 4
Firepower: 7

Postby BeastProwl » Tue May 31, 2011 2:50 pm

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Autobot Firestorm wrote:First Nelson is a grade A jag bag. The ferarri is supposed to have an Italian name......when did Transformers take on human names? The accents are bad enough. This Mercedes will be Wheeljack, have the freaked out hair like Einstein, and will have a thick German accent. The Ferrari is Mirage (not Mario, Dario, or Donatello) and have an Italian accent. The Wreckers already have the stereotypical NASCAR fan characteristics - Topspin has a mullet, Roadbuster wears a baseball cap and sunglasses, and Leadfoot has a beergut. Can't wait for the Southern drawl. I just want to know - if Danica Patrick was racing NASCAR this year - would we get a female robot in Daisy Dukes? If we thought the Twins were stereotypical in ROTF - this movie is really shaping up to be a cluster &@€%.

Get JJ Abrams to do the reboot. Then people will get a good story and keep us guessing without the misinformation BS.

-- AF

Exactely what ive been saying about the steriotyping!
Why would an autobot go through all the trouble to purposely scan a ferrari then learn how to speak english in an italian accent?
Answer:
STERIOTYPES IS STERIOTYPES!
Nascar Bros
Mirage
Wheeljack
Skids
Mudflap
Jazz (Though he was AWESOME!)
and some people say Ironhide, but, well.... He's Ironhide!

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Strength: 10+
Speed: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+

Postby T-Macksimus » Tue May 31, 2011 8:23 pm

Starscream GaGa wrote:The Blue Mercedes is Wheeljack
The Ferrari is Mirage

The ONLY crap they've pulled that might of actually done is the Twins being removed, but I highly doubt it. I'm sure they will be in the movie.

Seriously, its too late to pull the misinformation crap. Nelson also talks like a total prick.

OK since I wasn't the first to post this I'm not going to feel the slightest bit bad confirming this. The above listing, according to the novel, is accurate and yes the Twins will be in it and, as much as I HATE those two A**-hats, it will be worth it to tolerate them for the short time they are in it. Trust me, you will love what goes down with the twins if, in fact, they stay true to the screen-play. Thunderous applause will erupt and folks will stand and cheer and that's all I'm gonna say about it. ;) :P

So yeah, Nelson is feeding us a load of crap at every turn but this nothing of a surprise to anybody. If you are going to follow the posts on that site, bring a shovel.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Starscream GaGa » Tue May 31, 2011 8:27 pm

T-Macksimus wrote:
Starscream GaGa wrote:The Blue Mercedes is Wheeljack
The Ferrari is Mirage

OK since I wasn't the first to post this I'm not going to feel the slightest bit bad confirming this. The above listing, according to the novel, is accurate and yes the Twins will be in it and, as much as I HATE those two A**-hats, it will be worth it to tolerate them for the short time they are in it. Trust me, you will love what goes down with the twins if, in fact, they stay true to the screen-play. Thunderous applause will erupt and folks will stand and cheer and that's all I'm gonna say about it. ;) :P

So yeah, Nelson is feeding us a load of crap at every turn but this nothing of a surprise to anybody. If you are going to follow the posts on that site, bring a shovel.

The thing about how the Twins may not actually be in it is because Paramount also stated they were removed from the movie, rather then just not in it. Its possible that they had to change the scene in which the Twins are in it because they were told that they were unsuitable for the movie. While I personally think they'll still be there, the fact that it wasn't just Bay and his d-bag Nelson that said it, its still up in the air wether or not they'll make an appearance.

The rest however, is all true and Nelson knows it. He's just trying to keep the water stirred until the movie is released.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of GRIMLOCK #1 IDW Comics 2022 AUG221573 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #1 Vol 1 G1 Autobots Dreamwave Comics 2002 (CA) Lee"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers G2 AUTOBOTS ON PATROL Coloring and Activity Book 1993 210713A"
Transformers G2 AU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SWERVE Transformers G1 Mini-Bot complete Hasbro 1986 240109A"
NEW!
SWERVE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Construct-Bots MEGATRON Elite Class Transformers E1:05 G1 Hasbro New 2013"
Construct-Bots MEG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210539 1RI"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Fox Kids CHEETOR Transformers Beast Wars Deluxe complete Hasbro 1999 210923A"
Fox Kids CHEETOR T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 FEB210484 3RI (CA) Perez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210580 36A (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS #36 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Beast Wars GATHERING #1 RI Cvr C 1:100 IDW Comics 2006 1RIC 210321A"
Transformers Beast ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210584 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Machines Fast Food Premium 2000 230313A"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON