This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New images of TFClub Toys Exgraver

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

Re: New images of TFClub Toys Exgraver

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:04 pm

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Does it look like RiD Grimlock at all to anyone else? Am I the only one at this party who is hanging out in the room with the elephant?

I have Exgraver preordered at BBTS, actually, 5 of them. From what we've seen of this team, I think it looks really good. Though his likeness to gridlock is jarring. As far as things going wrong are concerned, the only thing I am worried about is that the color palette is the same for all 6. And by that I mean, the same purple, bright green, black, and silver for highlighting purposes. The samples of other testshots from the team that we have seen are radically different in appearance. I'm not down with that.
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby GetRightRobot » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:29 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:Does it look like RiD Grimlock at all to anyone else? Am I the only one at this party who is hanging out in the room with the elephant?

I have Exgraver preordered at BBTS, actually, 5 of them. From what we've seen of this team, I think it looks really good. Though his likeness to gridlock is jarring. As far as things going wrong are concerned, the only thing I am worried about is that the color palette is the same for all 6. And by that I mean, the same purple, bright green, black, and silver for highlighting purposes. The samples of other testshots from the team that we have seen are radically different in appearance. I'm not down with that.

Agreed on all fronts. I am going to pissed if they drop the ball on uniformed greens and purple. I give some wiggle room for detail colors, but everyone who gets this, will want him combined. And combined (exclusively for the Constructicons) should be one color palette. IMO.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Courage: Infinity

Postby robofreak » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:18 am

JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:I have Exgraver preordered at BBTS, actually, 5 of them.

Why? By that I mean why did you buy 5 Exgravers?

That's $500 and 5/6 the price of this figure.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:46 am

He does look lik RID Grimlock, but RID Grimlock looks like G1 Scavenger, so it all evens out.

I was concerned about different shades as well, but the test shot colors don't look much like the final either. So I won't worry about it.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:48 am

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
robofreak wrote:
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:I have Exgraver preordered at BBTS, actually, 5 of them.

Why? By that I mean why did you buy 5 Exgravers?

That's $500 and 5/6 the price of this figure.

Scenario A:
Since this I preordered through BBTS, I have not paid for them yet, when these preorders come in, my debit card will be rejected because it won't have 500 bucks in checking to pay for these, this will give me an additional 2 weeks to come up with the money.

Scenario B:
I'm a baller. Need proof check out the gallery of LD Unicron.
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay

Postby Convotron » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:02 pm

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Sure, we may see another Devastator by Hasbro/TakaraTomy some day but how long will that be? Will it be the ideal incarnation that hardcore fans like us wish for? How many compromises will be made in its design? I like the Energon combiners and I like the PCC figures(well, some of them) but they aren't platforms for providing fan-centric versions of characters we desire. We basically need add-on sets or completely new figures to provide that.

If the Exgraver figure delivers what TFClub promises then I think the price tag is par for the course. In the current 3rd party product market where relatively basic add-ons like a replacement head sculpt or weapons are $15 or more, a price tag of $90-$100 for a Deluxe/Voyager sized figure of good quality materials and functional design makes sense to me.

$100 plus import/shipping fees makes this figure a prohibitively expensive purchase, especially because its quality and design are unknown at this time. It also will be a purchase that leads to further investment since it's a combiner figure and it's unlikely that anyone would want a single figure or just a partial set of figures rather than a complete combiner set. By the time Hercules is completed, one would have to spend over $600.

To me, the choice of whether or not one should purchase this figure and the rest of its combiner family is fairly easy. If you are a fan of Devastator, if you have the financial means to purchase the figures with funds you can set aside that aren't meant to be spent on your regular expenses, and if you are prepared for issues that can arise in non-mass produced figures, then you are probably the type of person that is ideal for buying the Hercules combiner figures.

It just comes down to this: You've got to pay to play. If you want to get in on products that are unlikely to be made by Hasbro or TakaraTomy, then expect to pay higher prices for these products. Products designed for niche markets, which are made by small organizations that have limited funding, will not be cheap. If you really want to look at some high pricing for non-official products, take a gander at garage model kits. Even licensed garage kits such as those by B-Club can be quite expensive.
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Stormrider » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:25 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
GetRightRobot wrote:I have this horrible sensation that I'm going to end up with one third of a Hercules than....something will go wrong....

I am nervous about that too
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby El Duque » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:56 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Thanks to a TFC Toys TaoBao listing another question regarding TFC Toy's soon to be released Exgraver has been answered, partially anyway. The combiner hand does integrate into the figure's alt mode. However, the images do not show the hand integrated into the robot mode, but the black clip the hand attaches to in alt mode is visible on the robot's back. It might be possible to attach the hand to his back forming a "backpack" of sorts. That's merely speculation though. Check out the mirrored images below.

Last edited by El Duque on Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:11 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
You know... I don't think I'll regret getting him, even if Devastator's not complete.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:35 pm

If Devestator's not complete at least one of your Energon Combiners can have one GIGANTIC arm!
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby DMSL » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:28 pm

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
This figure looks very cool, but i'm hoping the green will be more like the G1 version when you have it in hand. Also the chest looks blue hoping that is purple. One other thing those guns need to be black or silver, red and purple (or blue?) looks fake to me.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Courage: 10

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:18 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I'm not too worried about the Devy hand not having a place to go in Exgraver's alt mode. Once I have all six, he will be in combined mode almost all of the time.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Speed: 8
Skill: 8

Postby craggy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:35 pm

the hand connects to him in vehicle mode. also, presumably, it's possible to give him a weird giant hand growing out of his shoulder or his bum in robot mode.

ARG! I should have gotten him after all! 8-}
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby El Duque » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
The hand does store in alt mode, it's unclear if it stores in robot mode.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
El Duque wrote:The hand does store in alt mode, it's unclear if it stores in robot mode.

Looks like it, the same clip ends up on his back in robot mode, it might not look that good though. :-?

cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 17
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Rated X » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:51 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Glad I pre-ordered !!!

I wish the legs could be purple instead of black to give it a more G1 vibe, but I guess they went with the black to make it look more real life. Thats cool I guess. And Im loving the hands, I can already picture Devastator on my shelf doing his best Stone Cold Steve Austin impression !!! ;)
Rated X
Banned
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Sodan-1 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:35 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
This figure's levels of 'WIN' continues to increase. We're potentially looking at a team of Constructicons who can incorporate every accessory into the main figures. I know this won't be enough for some people as Hercules' hand and Exgraver's digger arm and cab are simply detachable peg 'n' hole pieces, but those people can continue to go through life sucking on those lemons. As far as I'm concerned the design of this figure is top (I mean COME ON!! Moving hydraulic pistons on the digger). Only its production quality can let it down now.

I wonder what, if any, point there is in having two physically identical guns in different colours. Their fairly simple design makes me hope that the whole team's weapons will be able to combine Power Rangers style into a large weapon for Hercules.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby Stormrider » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:56 am

The details are great. I am not diggin the coloring though. It looks like it's from the Energon series with the bright green and blue.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby GetRightRobot » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:04 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Stormrider wrote:The details are great. I am not diggin the coloring though. It looks like it's from the Energon series with the bright green and blue.

You know, at first, I really liked the blue. But now I feel like the purple would have been nice. So long as they are the same shades of green and blue throughout the set, then I will be fine. Boy, TFClub better not release these guys in one big box set with G1 green/purple and chrome weapons, I will be pissed!
And considerably more poor.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Courage: Infinity

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:56 am

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Hand in alt mode affirming my decision to pay $97. This. Will. Be. Epic.
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
News Credits: 14
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:15 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Yeah. If the QC is moderately good, I won't be regretting this one.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Stormrider » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:57 pm

GetRightRobot wrote:
Stormrider wrote:The details are great. I am not diggin the coloring though. It looks like it's from the Energon series with the bright green and blue.

You know, at first, I really liked the blue. But now I feel like the purple would have been nice. So long as they are the same shades of green and blue throughout the set, then I will be fine. Boy, TFClub better not release these guys in one big box set with G1 green/purple and chrome weapons, I will be pissed!
And considerably more poor.

We are thinking a like. I keep wondering if the creators are planning to release a more G1 accurate version a year from now.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby LiKwid » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
I swear I must have Pre-ordered this thing and then cancelled it like 10 times already... :BANG_HEAD:
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Doctor McGrath » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
LiKwid wrote:I swear I must have Pre-ordered this thing and then cancelled it like 10 times already... :BANG_HEAD:

If you are on the fence man, I'd just wait until Exgraver is out and you hear the initial response on the final quality and colors. It doesn't appear to be selling out anywhere.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Speed: 8

Postby Dread_Wing » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:03 am

Motto: "We Decepticons are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun!"
Weapon: Laser-Guided Electro-Kinetic Blasters
I really hope that the blue in those pictures is just strange lighting. In the first (unpainted) colour picture of Exgraver, (The one of him sitting crosslegged on his back shovel) the purple seemed dead on, though the black seemed more of a grey. I Preordered and paid for him, so I guess I will find out sometime this month.

Then it will be a case of mixing up the right shades of green and purple/blue paint to do some paint apps. I like my constructicons to have Purple windscreens, and I think Scavenger should have a bit more purple on his track mechanism (not the tracks themselves) and the base that supports the digger arm should be green, not black. Since I think every one of them will need some paint apps I guess I will mix up a lot for standardisation across the set.
Dread_Wing
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

PreviousNext

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 3A (CA) Thomas"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #25 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 SEP200485 25RI 210804 (CA) Ossio"
TRANSFORMERS #25 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #2 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 2A AUG190762 (CA) Ramondelli"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231010J"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2RI Pitre-Durocher 230926X"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #33 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAY210467 33RI (CA) Milne 230906AB"
TRANSFORMERS #33 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #1 Vol 1 G1 Autobots Dreamwave Comics 2002 (CA) Lee"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #21 Cover A IDW Comics 2018 21A The Falling"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0923IM826 (CA) LaRosa"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #41 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 231222V"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #67 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 231222Z"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #35 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUL210493 35A (CA) Samu (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #35 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 APR221597 2A (CA) Roche"
Transformers LAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON