This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New images of TFClub Toys Exgraver

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

Re: New images of TFClub Toys Exgraver

Postby Convotron » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:09 pm

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
moneycon wrote:You think that when maketoys showed their complete not bruticus picture and 90% of the preorders at bbts(for the other one) cancelled, it wasn't an attempt to let people know that their was another version coming out...possibly better...possibly cheaper....a little heads up so people will take a wait and see approach and save 100 bucks at the same time? Not only is that public...but it's active. If they weren't smart enough to know it would work, then they surely will the next time.

I don't know if I'm reading your sentence right but I'll make an attempt to respond by saying that if MakeToys really wanted to compete head to head against TFC, they would have leaked photos of their combiner's WiP figures soon after TFC made their combiner known to the public.

People who have the financial means to buy a $600 combiner, who are willing to risk dealing with possible QC issues due to TFC's good but not great track record, and like the idea of a larger Devastator are probably going to consider buying the Hercules combiner.

People who are reluctant to spend $600 or more on a combiner, who are hoping that MakeToys' connection to FansProject will give greater assurance of good QC, and who prefer a combiner that is more in scale with their existing combiner sets are probably going to consider buying the Build combiner.
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Kibble » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:50 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Convotron wrote:I don't know if I'm reading your sentence right but I'll make an attempt to respond by saying that if MakeToys really wanted to compete head to head against TFC, they would have leaked photos of their combiner's WiP figures soon after TFC made their combiner known to the public.

Or shortly after pre-orders went up for the first TFC figure...prior to that there was no need to show anything.

These guys are in competition with each other if for no other reason than many people can't afford both. They may not have started out with the intention of competing with one another, but that's where they're at now. If there were only one option, that release probably would have been hugely successful. Now one or both could be in danger of breaking even, much less making a healthy profit.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Dread_Wing » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:57 pm

Motto: "We Decepticons are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun!"
Weapon: Laser-Guided Electro-Kinetic Blasters
Kibble wrote:
Convotron wrote:I don't know if I'm reading your sentence right but I'll make an attempt to respond by saying that if MakeToys really wanted to compete head to head against TFC, they would have leaked photos of their combiner's WiP figures soon after TFC made their combiner known to the public.

Or shortly after pre-orders went up for the first TFC figure...prior to that there was no need to show anything.

These guys are in competition with each other if for no other reason than many people can't afford both. They may not have started out with the intention of competing with one another, but that's where they're at now. If there were only one option, that release probably would have been hugely successful. Now one or both could be in danger of breaking even, much less making a healthy profit.

It is sad, but I have to agree. As someone who prefers the TFC version, I am rather worried at the hordes of people who cancelled the preorder for Exgraver in favour of Maketoy's Giant. I hope the drop in profits doesn't sink the project. Like it or not these two designs are competing for the rather limited TF fandom dollar. Kudos to those who are getting both. I honestly cannot afford one of them, but got talked into it, lol.
Dread_Wing
Headmaster Jr

Postby Convotron » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:45 pm

Kibble wrote:Or shortly after pre-orders went up for the first TFC figure...prior to that there was no need to show anything.

I don't think that success would be guaranteed even if there was just one 3rd party Devastator option. Before MakeToys' combiner was announced, many people were seemingly on the fence about pre-ordering Exgraver. It sounded like some people were needing to re-arrange their budgets significantly if they wanted to prepare for buying all the Hercules combiner figures. The prohibitively high price of the completed Hercules means that only a relatively small portion of the already narrow market of Transformers collectors would be buying it. At least with MakeToys' Giant/Build/whatever they decide to call it should be cheaper as it's smaller.

Now that we have two 3rd party Devastator options, people who couldn't afford Hercules now have a chance to get another idealized version of Devastator.

Dread_Wing wrote:It is sad, but I have to agree. As someone who prefers the TFC version, I am rather worried at the hordes of people who cancelled the preorder for Exgraver in favour of Maketoy's Giant. I hope the drop in profits doesn't sink the project. Like it or not these two designs are competing for the rather limited TF fandom dollar. Kudos to those who are getting both. I honestly cannot afford one of them, but got talked into it, lol.

To be honest, I don't know how many people who pre-ordered Exgraver were both willing and able to complete the Hercules set. Even if no one cancelled their pre-order, if Exgraver didn't meet and/or exceed expectations, many people who bought Exgraver probably wouldn't continue to commit money to the other figures of the set.

I think TFC's primary concern shouldn't be MakeToy's combiner. Rather, TFC should be certain that their first entry for the Hercules set be able to deliver the goods. It has to be a toy with good engineering and design, good QC, and demonstrates the potential for the combined form. If Exgraver is a solid product then the people who can afford the set will continue to buy the figures and word will spread that the combiner set should deliver even if it's an expensive investment.

Convotron
City Commander

Postby Dread_Wing » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:50 pm

It really sucks that Exgraver turned out to be this expensive. It does not appear to be that expensive at the source in China, so it all comes down to import fees and the markups being put on it by the retailers. Fansproject seems to exercise some kind of price control, it is a real pity TFC seems to lack that ability/leverage. If we were talking about a 55-70 dollar toy rather than a 100 dollar one, it would make an enormous difference. I bought mine from Robotkingdom, sending to NZ, so it worked out to less than 100 nzd shipped.
Dread_Wing
Headmaster Jr

Postby Kibble » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:06 am

Convotron wrote:I don't think that success would be guaranteed even if there was just one 3rd party Devastator option. Before MakeToys' combiner was announced, many people were seemingly on the fence about pre-ordering Exgraver. It sounded like some people were needing to re-arrange their budgets significantly if they wanted to prepare for buying all the Hercules combiner figures. The prohibitively high price of the completed Hercules means that only a relatively small portion of the already narrow market of Transformers collectors would be buying it. At least with MakeToys' Giant/Build/whatever they decide to call it should be cheaper as it's smaller.

Now that we have two 3rd party Devastator options, people who couldn't afford Hercules now have a chance to get another idealized version of Devastator.

TFC's only real obstacle was themselves. If their QC was at least decent, their figs ultimately woulda sold out when they were the only show in town.

As for your other point...that's only in theory. We don't know how much more affordable MT's will be. Seems logical they'll be in the same price range as FP due to their ties, but they're not FP so it's all speculative that their pricing will be the same.
Kibble
City Commander

Postby Dread_Wing » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:22 am

Kibble wrote:
TFC's only real obstacle was themselves. If their QC was at least decent, their figs ultimately woulda sold out when they were the only show in town.

As far as QC goes, the first reviews of Exgraver will show us that. From the pics it seems to be constructed simply and solidly as you would expect from a combiner component. Where they could have put a little fancy detail in that could potentially be fragile, they didn't. But the proof will come when it is in hand. A couple of good reviews from Vangelus or Peaugh for example would count for an awful lot.
Dread_Wing
Headmaster Jr

Postby Convotron » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:27 am

Kibble wrote:TFC's only real obstacle was themselves. If their QC was at least decent, their figs ultimately woulda sold out when they were the only show in town.

As for your other point...that's only in theory. We don't know how much more affordable MT's will be. Seems logical they'll be in the same price range as FP due to their ties, but they're not FP so it's all speculative that their pricing will be the same.

True, if TFC had a good record of QC in their products, more people would have been willing to gamble on a $100 figure for a $600 combiner set.

If MT isn't willing or able to price their individual combiner figures for $50-$60 or less then hopefully they are able to provide some design features that help justify a higher price.

Convotron
City Commander

Postby Dead Metal » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:37 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
I still want both, the MakeToys one for my classics shelf and the TFC one simply because it's damn impressive.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:39 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Dead Metal wrote:I still want both, the MakeToys one for my classics shelf and the TFC one simply because it's damn impressive.

You and me both. This is exactly what I'll be doing.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby _Devastator_ » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:10 pm

sorry if this has already been adressed, but anybody can tell me how tall is the is the combined TFC going to be? thx.
_Devastator_
Mini-Con
News Credits: 110

Postby moop2000 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:34 pm

_Devastator_ wrote:sorry if this has already been adressed, but anybody can tell me how tall is the is the combined TFC going to be? thx.

As far as I could tell it hasn't been officially determined or announced but the general consensus appears to be at 16". Sorry if I've misinterpreted that from reading this thread.
moop2000
Mini-Con

Postby moop2000 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:04 pm

I was at Frank & Sons today (a mini toy con near Los Angeles) and was asking the transformer seller about him stocking the TFC version. He said he was looking to price them at $90-95 dollars so if you have access to that place that may be a good deal. I believe he doesn;t charge tax or anything either. Also he said he has the full prototype on his possesion but didn't have space to showcase it yet. I was a little skeptical about it but it seems the other pieces are finished if he's got a full proto.
moop2000
Mini-Con

Postby Dread_Wing » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:15 pm

moop2000 wrote:I was at Frank & Sons today (a mini toy con near Los Angeles) and was asking the transformer seller about him stocking the TFC version. He said he was looking to price them at $90-95 dollars so if you have access to that place that may be a good deal. I believe he doesn;t charge tax or anything either. Also he said he has the full prototype on his possesion but didn't have space to showcase it yet. I was a little skeptical about it but it seems the other pieces are finished if he's got a full proto.

A full prototype of Exgraver or Hercules? I can understand him having Exgraver, what with it shipping next week, but all of Hercules? I am skeptical too.
Dread_Wing
Headmaster Jr

Postby moop2000 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:17 pm

Dread_Wing wrote:
moop2000 wrote:I was at Frank & Sons today (a mini toy con near Los Angeles) and was asking the transformer seller about him stocking the TFC version. He said he was looking to price them at $90-95 dollars so if you have access to that place that may be a good deal. I believe he doesn;t charge tax or anything either. Also he said he has the full prototype on his possesion but didn't have space to showcase it yet. I was a little skeptical about it but it seems the other pieces are finished if he's got a full proto.

A full prototype of Exgraver or Hercules? I can understand him having Exgraver, what with it shipping next week, but all of Hercules? I am skeptical too.

You know what, I didn't think to ask that but you are probably right about it just being Exgraver. Sorry for the mini-hype. I will say his price point is outstanding though.
moop2000
Mini-Con

Postby Dread_Wing » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:26 pm

Then again he said he didn't have room to display it? Room to display a deluxe/voyager? They aren't THAT big, so maybe he was talking about Hercules. It could be that uncertainty about the project being completed resulting from the fact we haven't seen Mixmaster or Bonecrusher has hurt his sales. He could be lying and saying he has a completed prototype to try to give potential customers confidence to buy Exgraver.

Isn't speculation fun? lol.
Dread_Wing
Headmaster Jr

Postby moop2000 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:33 pm

Now my head is spinning. And it's my own fault.
moop2000
Mini-Con

Postby Kibble » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:39 pm

No, I can't believe for a second there's a full prototype of a completed Hercules in some random shop owner's possession, yet there are no photos of the thing on the interwebz anywhere. He meant just Exgraver...either that or he was lying.
Kibble
City Commander

Postby unicron nemesis » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:18 am

Kibble wrote:No, I can't believe for a second there's a full prototype of a completed Hercules in some random shop owner's possession, yet there are no photos of the thing on the interwebz anywhere. He meant just Exgraver...either that or he was lying.

I'm thinking this too. With all the demands to see pics of a full completed Hercules, TFC should already have shown pics if all the figures are ready. It'll be silly not to when so many of their potential customers are right now sitting on the fence.
unicron nemesis
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Stormrider » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:18 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Agreed.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby El Duque » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:42 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
TFC Toys have updated their weibo micro-blog with the first in-package images of their highly anticipated Exgraver figure, the first figure in their six figure Hercules set. Images from their micro-blog are mirrored below.

Last edited by El Duque on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Kibble » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:46 pm

Damn, that looks nice. Almost regretting canceling my pre-order. But at the very least, I should wait it out for some reviews. And hopefully more info comes out on MT's soon, too.
Kibble
City Commander

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:37 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
This looks really nice. One step closer to an official review.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby TimothyR » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:25 am

ang3l3s wrote:$100 and no die-cast???

this isn't the 80's. toys are not made that way anymore. not to mention that completely plastic toys are better. especially for something in this scale.

i don't get the fascination with diecast anymore.. i mean, it's cool for some stuff.. like the binaltech line.. but other than that it just doesn't make much sense. it really limits poseability. it wears out joints faster. and it adds more to a price tag.. i'd rather spend $100 on this without diecast than $100 with. with a history of loose joints. imagine each arm of this figure having a bulk of metal.. it just wouldn't work.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby Sodan-1 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:39 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Yay!! They've got it listed as "Available Now". Please, please, please get shipping!
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDERCRASH Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
BOULDERCRASH Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TL-58 SILVERBOLT Transformers Legacy United Voyager Beast Wars Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
TL-58 SILVERBOLT T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-37 Core Class G1 Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
NEMESIS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETRITUS Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Hasbro 2023 New"
DETRITUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNEOUS Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Infernac Hasbro 2024 New"
MAGNEOUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CROSSCUT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
CROSSCUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Megatron Transformers Legacy Core Class G2 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
Megatron Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON