This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TFCog Beast Wars II & Neo FDP Auditions

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

TFCog Beast Wars II & Neo FDP Auditions

Postby New Brandon » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:48 pm

Cast List
Mantis - Zack Lawrence
Drill Sergeant - Gabriel Jean
Bigmos - Geist Seig
Tonbot - Daniel Ross
Scissorboy - Chris Jones
Drillnuts - Gabriel Jean
Powerhug - Zach Dyer
Hydra - Nathaniel Chambers
Hydra's Drone - Holly Tipton
Scrambled Voice - Sabina Betschke

Congratulations to everyone who got a part! Thanks to everyone who auditioned... it was an almost overwhelming amount of you. It was the most female auditions we've ever had. If you didn't get a part here, there are dozens of characters left on to audition in each series.

Auditions Closed!

Hey everyone, it's audition time! We've got a lot of characters to audition for our fan dubs here, but if you don't get one... there's still a lot more to go! We have some for both male and female voices, which isn't always the case when you're dubbing Transformers. We have fan dubs available of Victory, Beast Wars Second, Beast Wars Neo, Robotmasters, Scramble City, Zone... over 40 episodes all told! To check out our work, please visit http://www.tfcog.com.

Also, we have bit parts, episode parts and regular parts. If you're not looking to commit to a long deal, please don't audition for the Insectrons. Please record all the lines listed for each character. I have provided screen caps for each character and a Japanese voice sample of all of the major characters as a rough guideline.

Send all auditions to bwill(at)cogeco.ca. Preferably zipped. Save the files in MP3 format if possible. File attributes should be something like 44000Hz, 128kbps, mono -- although I'm far from strict on this. Name the files CharacterName_YourName_Line#.mp3. The deadline is Sunday, July 8. Now, on to auditions.

AUDITIONS

Beast Wars Second

Scrambled Voice
First, we have a bit part... a scrambled female voice. Needs to sound ominous, with no emotion. Send in clips of gibberish, about 5-10 seconds in length.

Maximal Drill Sergeant

The drill sergeant only has a couple of lines in episode 5. Unsurprisingly, he needs to sound strong and military-like. The character is only seen briefly, at a distance and in silhouette, so you won't need to match any mouth flaps.

"Gutless cowards! This is no drill! Don't help anyone but yourself!"

Mantis

Mantis is a semi-regular character and the leader of the Insectron faction in Beast Wars Second. Most of his appearances happen around episodes 6-12 or so. Looking for something strong, tough and maybe even slightly crazy (in an angry sort of way). He is a loner, despite being the leader of the group and would rather live in peace than fight, so getting caught in the middle of the Maximal-Predacon war angers him. His alternate mode should be obvious by his name.

"I am Mantis of the Insectrons and I look forward to challenging you one day!"
"The time for talking is over!"
"Those who threaten our lives are our enemies!"

Japanese Voice Sample

Bigmos

Bigmos is a mosquito. His voice should be deep and a little deliberate. He's always seen with Tonbot, who is pretty much the opposite of him.

"We can't let them live, Tonbot."
"Maximals, I believe we had a bit of a miscommunication."

Japanese Voice Sample

Tonbot

Tonbot ('tawn-bot') is loud and obnoxious. Has a high pitched voice. If I was to compare him to a character in the original Beast Wars series, it would be Waspinator. I'm not looking for a Waspy impression, but maybe something equally as obnoxious.

"Please help me! Please!"
"Wow, you Maximals are amazing!"
"We thought we'd finally found peace, then these guys had to come and ruin it for us!"

Japanese/Engrish Voice Sample

Scissorboy

Scissorboy is the teenage/young member of the Insectrons. I'm looking for a young voice, but more of a medium sounding young voice, nothing too high.

"Are you still working on that stupid thing?"
"I had this dream about you last night, so I was hoping I'd run into you sometime!"

Japanese Voice Sample

Drillnuts

Drillnuts is the scientist of the Insectrons. He always has gadgets that may or may not be any good, especially a device that detects rage. Looking for something that sounds "smart." I picture him with an English accent, but a Harvard lockjaw or some other similar sounding accent may also be worth a try. He doesn't need an accent, he just needs to sound intelligent. Has a medium voice.

"Look, what it does is it detects one's level of hostility."
"I've got bigger fish to fry. A missile I made myself didn't explode! I don't see why..."

Japanese Voice Sample

Powerhug

Powerhug is a goofy character. He's big and not really the brightest, so he should have a deep, slow voice. He likes to roll up into a ball and roll down hills until he loses control. No mouth, so it will be easy to synch the lines.

"Aaaarrrgghhhh! Help! I'm out of control!"
"And defy the code? Never. The only way I fight is like a true insect!"

Japanese Voice Sample

Beast Wars Neo

Hydra

Hydra mostly appears in episode 12 (we're on 11 right now), but appears later on in the series. He likes making bad puns and he thinks he's funnier than he is. He is an old friend of Ramhorn's and is jealous of his success. Magmatron has put him incharge of the fortress planet Porcupine which has the population of 2 -- Hydra and his drone.

"Lord Magmatron, you'll never believe it, sir. The Maximals have requested landing on Porcupine!"
"I'll need some help. Send one of your troops in and we'll take their ship out."
"Haaaaahahahahahaha!"

Japanese Voice Sample

Hydra's Drone

Female voice. Needs to sound plain like a computer but still have an underlying sense of humour. Doesn't have a mouth, so there's not a lot of difficulty in synching lines. I'm relatively sure she's just in the one episode.

"With these new spaceships being built into Porcupine, it will truly be the most powerful fortress planet that has ever existed."

Japanese Voice Sample

That's it for auditions. If you have any questions, please reply to this thread or e-mail me at my address above.

Auditions Received...
Daniel Ross (Mantis, Bigmos, Tonbot, Scissorboy, Drillnuts, Powerhug, Hydra)
Markus Hauta (Drill Sgt., Drillnuts, Powerhug, Tonbot)
Sami Sadek (Hydra, Scissorboy)
Curt Page (Bigmos, Drill Sgt, Drillnuts, Hydra, Mantis, Powerhug, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
Matt Knight (Scissorboy)
James D. Kitchens (Drillnuts, Drill Sgt., Powerhug, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
Brett Wolf (Bigmos)
Zach Dyer (Powerhug, Hydra)
Ryan Czaplinski (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Hydra, Mantis, Powerhug, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
Tarlac Williams (Drillnuts, Drill Sgt., Mantis, Powerhug, Tonbot)
Brian Dagley (Mantis, Tonbot, Drillnuts, Hydra)
James Greening (Drillnuts, Mantis)
Zack Lawrence (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Mantis, Drill Sgt., Tonbot)
James O'Connor (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Hydra, Mantis, Powerhug, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
Patrick Johnson (Tonbot)
Jon Bales (Hydra)
Brenton Eschman (Bigmos, Drill Sgt., Hydra, Mantis, Powerhug, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
Gabriel Jean (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Drill Sgt., Hydra, Mantis, Powerhug, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
Frank Todaro (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Hydra, Mantis, Powerhug, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
Michael Padovani (Drill Sgt., Mantis, Powerhug, Tonbot)
Steve Henel (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Drill Sgt., Hydra, Mantis, Powerhug, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
Rob Queen (Drillnuts, Powerhug, Tonbot)
Scott D. Harris (Bigmos)
DymentriX (Drillnuts)
Chris Jones (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Mantis, Scissorboy, Tonbot, Powerhug)
Andrew Short (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Scissorboy)
Matt Carter (Mantis)
James Owings (Hydra, Mantis, Drill Sgt., Scissorboy, Tonbot)
William Bates (Bigmos, Drillnuts)
Danielle S. (Drone)
Geist Seig (Bigmos, Drill Sgt., Drillnuts, Mantis, Scissorboy)
Sabina Betschke (Drone, Scrambled Voice)
Nick Cota (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Hydra, Mantis, Powerhug, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
Cassa D. Jean (Drone, Scrambled Voice)
Holly Tipton (Drone)
Nathaniel Chambers (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Drill Sgt, Hydra, Mantis, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
Brad Venable (Drill Sgt)
David Shaw (Bigmos, Hydra, Tonbot)
Karen Castello (Drone, Scrambled Voice)
Lawrence Brenner (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Hydra, Mantis, Drill Sgt, Powerhug, Tonbot)

If you're not on this list and you have auditioned, please post a reply or e-mail me and I'll check to see if I've got your auditions.
Last edited by New Brandon on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:38 pm, edited 10 times in total.
New Brandon
Mini-Con
News Credits: 9

Postby Hotrod » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:14 am

front paged
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Scatterlung » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:31 am

Motto: "I'd just like to remind you all that I'm best. Thank you."
Weapon: Mighty Ear
We allowed to put flanging on em if we have the facility?
Scatterlung
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby New Brandon » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:10 am

Meverix wrote:We allowed to put flanging on em if we have the facility?

Nope.

(Edit: Let me expand on that... As long as you send me the raw. The raw file is what interests me. None of the characters in these series use flange... The drone will be heavily flanged, though.)
New Brandon
Mini-Con

Postby Justicity » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:51 am

Are English accents allowed?
I'm English & I can do an American accent at a push, however I'd be more comfortable auditioning with an English accent.
Justicity
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby jgilkinson » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:02 pm

cool, might have to give this a shot
jgilkinson
Pretender

Postby Cyber-Kun » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:02 pm

Hmm, I've done some theatre work, this could be fun to try
recent acquisitions: TFA Black Arachnia, Ratchet & Leader Megatron, Movie Stockade
Cyber-Kun
Headmaster Jr

Postby Skullgrin140 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:28 am

Sent mine ages ago
Skullgrin140
Brainmaster

Postby New Brandon » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:46 pm

Justicity wrote:Are English accents allowed?
I'm English & I can do an American accent at a push, however I'd be more comfortable auditioning with an English accent.

No rules there, especially with Drillnuts.
New Brandon
Mini-Con

Postby Taggenagger » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:40 pm

Keep em' coming! :D
Taggenagger
Mini-Con

Postby New Brandon » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:06 pm

As you can tell by the updated auditions received list, they're pouring in but that doesn't mean we don't want more!
New Brandon
Mini-Con

Postby New Brandon » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:08 pm

It looks like it may be hard for me to choose roles... However, there are certainly VAs who stand out from the rest.

Sometimes, however, you are equal to another VA. How would I choose you over somebody else? Well, I look at who followed my directions the best. Not everyone is good at following them. If you look back and you say "waaait, I didn't follow the directions! I should re-send now!" Please don't worry about it... It may annoy me a little bit and now you know for next time, and there will be many next times.

Keep sending in auditions, I want to see new blood in these dubs! Thanks and good luck for those who are waiting till the end, which is approaching fast!
New Brandon
Mini-Con

Postby New Brandon » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:07 pm

I'm waiting on one or two people, so if you're planning on auditioning, don't wait any longer!
New Brandon
Mini-Con

Postby Judge Deliberata » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:18 pm

Motto: "Innocent!"
Weapon: Wrist-Launched Heat-Seeking Missiles
Just got mine in. Wish it hadn't had to have been at the last minute, but there was no other choice. Hope you guys enjoy!
"Innocent."
Judge Deliberata
Vehicon
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM281 303A (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr A Bitterness Image Comics 2023 1023IM898 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM821 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI Joe: THE FALL OF GI JOE #3 IDW Comics 2014 200210a"
GI Joe: THE FALL O ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 302C 1023IM319 (CA)Walker"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr G blank sketch Image Comics 2023 1G GI JOE 1023IM265 (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr G blan ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE CASTLE FALL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 One-Shot SEP200471 1A (CA) Evenhuis"
GI JOE CASTLE FALL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JUL200573 3B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915K"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr B Death Image Comics 2023 1123IM809 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C 0124IM240 (CA) Burnham"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 0923IM468 6E (CA) Infante (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238041 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B GI JOE 1123IM273 (CA) Ortiz (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr B Imag ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON