This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Heart of Darkness #4 Seven Page Preview

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers: Heart of Darkness #4 Seven Page Preview

Postby El Duque » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:53 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Our friends at IDW Publishing have supplied us with a seven page preview of Transformers: Heart of Darkness #4, enjoy!

Transformers: Heart of Darkness #4 (of 4)
Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning(w) • Ulises Farinas (a) • Farinas, Casey Coller, Livio Ramondelli (c)
THE ROAD TO “CHAOS” ENDS HERE! With his army assembled, Galvatron is ready to take the Heart of Darkness back to Cybertron. But first, he must now face down the ultimate threat, a force of unimaginable power and overwhelming darkness. Will Galvatron stand strong or will he bend to the will of inescapable evil? HoD leads directly into “CHAOS”—the first-ever TRANSFORMERS event book from IDW!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1-to-1 ratio.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Transformers: Heart of Darkness #4 Seven Page Preview

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:06 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I had a very hard time reading that. Not because I am mentally deficient, but because this final product is so poorly completed.

Yay, Nemesis Prime, please destroy this title so I do not have to feel insulted when I am looking at it even though, I will feel compelled to buy it.

4 covers? WOW, this really needed four different covers? I thought the comics industry was beyond that. Livio's and Casey's covers are nice.

Ulises, keep working to improve.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Trikeboy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:12 am

For the love of god someone put Ulises Farinas in a small box and throw it in an active volcano. That artwork is terrible. The bots look like they got crossed with My Little Pony. Galvatron seriously needs to go on a diet too. I might like the story if I didn't get distracted by the god awful art.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby quickmixed » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:17 am

I'm really not enjoying this series at the moment. I've read the last three and will pick up this issue just to see where they go with it and how it ends.

Also, apologies if Ive missed something along the way here, but where is Infestation meant to take place? Is it within this continuity or not? Because I cant see it fitting in with this title at all.
WANTED TO BUY

C-125:Shoki, C126:Getsui, C127:Yukikaze, C129:Seizan. MIB + unused stickers PM for details.
quickmixed
Vehicon

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:19 am

INFESTATION is meant to happen after these events.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby starwarrior1227 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:42 am

Motto: "''How you use that knowledge is the other half of the battle.''"
Weapon: Twin Concussion Blasters
i was suprised to see RC holding onto galvatron's leg like that.
anyone know why she is?
"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow creaks in these petty Hz from day to day, to the last segment of recorded data and all our yester-cycles have guided fools the way to rusty death- Out,out brief spark! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor shot that struts and frets his hour upon the field. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of cries and bullets, signifying nothing..."-Macbot
starwarrior1227
Vehicon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10
Skill: Infinity

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:49 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
IDW, if the artist can't draw robots, then don't make him illustrate a book that focuses heavily on robots. Because that just lets him look like a bad artist which makes him feel bad and your customers, it also lowers the quality of your product.

starwarrior1227 wrote:i was suprised to see RC holding onto galvatron's leg like that.
anyone know why she is?

Because she likes big buts and she cannot lie!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby starwarrior1227 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:21 am

Dead Metal wrote:IDW, if the artist can't draw robots, then don't make him illustrate a book that focuses heavily on robots. Because that just lets him look like a bad artist which makes him feel bad and your customers, it also lowers the quality of your product.

starwarrior1227 says: i have to disagree. the artist can draw robots very well, it's how he designs the characters that bug me(like making galvatron fat). all the faces of the robots should be changed(cuz they are all ugly) and should stay the new way. i keep finding slots of comic where galvatron's face continues to change in length. he either has a short round face or a long flat face.

starwarrior1227 wrote:i was suprised to see RC holding onto galvatron's leg like that.
anyone know why she is?

Because she likes big buts and she cannot lie!

i don't know she doesn't seem to be holding his leg for sexual reasons. but i do have to say she looks hot in that pose. =P~
"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow creaks in these petty Hz from day to day, to the last segment of recorded data and all our yester-cycles have guided fools the way to rusty death- Out,out brief spark! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor shot that struts and frets his hour upon the field. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of cries and bullets, signifying nothing..."-Macbot
starwarrior1227
Vehicon

Postby Chaoslock » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:24 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Somebody break the artists arm. It might do good for his art.

anyone know why she is?

I might be in the bayformers mood too much, but am I the only one imagining Arcee making as Wheelie did in RotF?
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:06 am

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
That was got to be the worst Cyclonus has looked in forever, I couldn't even tell that was him. :roll:

Also

El Duque wrote:Image

Dull surprise! :P (Wait, in the second panel, why is Scourge's mouth where his chin should be? :???: )
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 17
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby starwarrior1227 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:17 am

cannonfodder4000 wrote:That was got to be the worst Cyclonus has looked in forever, I couldn't even tell that was him. :roll:

Also

El Duque wrote:Image

Dull surprise! :P (Wait, in the second panel, why is Scourge's mouth where his chin should be? :???: )

more importantly why is scrouge looking to the left side(his right) when all the horror is in front of him? my guess is he saw RC doing something off to the side...someting naughty. ;)
starwarrior1227
Vehicon

Postby ShardFenix » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:44 am

The second cover looked fantastic. Get him to draw this comic. The actual artwork used looks like ass.
ShardFenix
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby Windsweeper » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Who is that green TF? Is he Tap Out or G1 Wasp?

I like the 3rd cover. Reminds me of issue 79 of the UK comic from 25 years ago.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby Oilspill » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:34 am

The art is so bad I can't even will myself to read the story. How did anyone authorise this?
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 5

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:58 am

Windsweeper wrote:Who is that green TF? Is he Tap Out or G1 Wasp?

I like the 3rd cover. Reminds me of issue 79 of the UK comic from 25 years ago.

Just a random reborn bot, as far as I know. Call it whom you would like.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Supreme Convoy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:23 pm

The story is great. Really whets the whistle for the upcoming Chaos.

However, the art was atrocious. I was hoping that the art would improve as the series went along but it wasn't the case. The last page with Galvatron's expression is awful.

It's a real mixed bag. Really disappointing considering it's Abnett & Lanning.
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby Orin_Thomas » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:31 am

The art in this book was terrible. It's like Dan Reed from the old UK book had returned. What was IDW thinking?
Orin_Thomas
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BURN OUT Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Diaclone Deluxe 2022"
BURN OUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLAMPDOWN Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe 231208A"
CLAMPDOWN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TASMANIA KID Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
TASMANIA KID Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEVCON Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-44 Deluxe Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DEVCON Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POINTBLANK + PEACEMAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
POINTBLANK + PEACE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON