This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TFCC Sideburn Update

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

TFCC Sideburn Update

Postby El Duque » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:00 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Wondering where your TFCC free membership figure Sideburn is? TFCC recently sent out the following update:

We are still waiting on the Sideburn figures to arrive from China. They are in the United States but have not cleared customs. We are not going to give you an estimated date as we don't know when they will release them to us. As soon as we receive them, they will go to the mailer.

As soon as we mail them, we will send out another email. Thanks for your patience as we don't have control over these different government agencies.

Brian
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: TFCC Sideburn Update

Postby RodimalToyota » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:04 am

Woo hoo!

don't let me down Fans Project, make a repaint Protector!
Masterpiece Hoarder
RodimalToyota
Pretender
News Credits: 5

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:09 am

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
RodimalToyota wrote:Woo hoo!

But Sideburn never even had a trailer! :-(
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 17
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby prmlove1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:15 am

Motto: ""Till all are mine""
Weapon: High-Powered Plasma Blaster With Infra-Red Sight
cannonfodder4000 wrote:

I think they want a trailer just because they think it would look nice. In my own universe, this Sideburn would be an aged veteran kinda like Blur has become in recent releases and thus, upgraded himself. Also, Hotrod did not have a trailer but when he got the Matrix, he became Rodimus and ended up with a railer.
I am looking for a set of Botcon 2012 Junkions at a decent price...
prmlove1
Micromaster
Buy from prmlove1 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby starwarrior1227 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:33 am

Motto: "''How you use that knowledge is the other half of the battle.''"
Weapon: Twin Concussion Blasters
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

i was hoping it was cancelled for something better like a nemesis beast wars optimal, or a SG waspinator, or the best of all: AN OFFICIAL RERELEASE AND RECOLOR OF SHOCKBLAST AS SHOCKWAVE!!!
either those or a WFC autobot Blaster from the WFC Soundwave mold
"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow creaks in these petty Hz from day to day, to the last segment of recorded data and all our yester-cycles have guided fools the way to rusty death- Out,out brief spark! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor shot that struts and frets his hour upon the field. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of cries and bullets, signifying nothing..."-Macbot
starwarrior1227
Vehicon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10
Skill: Infinity

Postby ShardFenix » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:36 am

Shadow Scyther never existed either to my knowledge, yet no one bitched when he got made i would love a blue repaint of protector
ShardFenix
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby Ironhide516 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:36 am

cannonfodder4000 wrote:

We can pretend can't we? It'll add addtional awesomeness :D
Ironhide516
Micromaster

Postby The Dude » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:51 am

Motto: "I never save pictures of any new toy, because before I know it, I'll be sick of seeing its ugly mug on Walmart shelves. Isn't that right, Mudflap?"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Ironhide516 wrote:
cannonfodder4000 wrote:

We can pretend can't we? It'll add addtional awesomeness :D

And they could give it an Animated Sentinel Prime head!

starwarrior1227 wrote:NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

i was hoping it was cancelled for something better like a nemesis beast wars optimal, or a SG waspinator, or the best of all: AN OFFICIAL RERELEASE AND RECOLOR OF SHOCKBLAST AS SHOCKWAVE!!!

Well, then don't join the stupid club! It's $40 for a Deluxe repaint, so you kind of have to like it. I'm sure not renewing my membership next year, whether or not I like Side Burn. (Which I do.)

And before you get on my back about it, yes, there's also a couple 10-page magazines.
The Dude
Minibot
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6

Postby NemesisMonkeySupreme » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:52 am

Motto: "Peace through tyranny… or obliteration. Whichever is quicker."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
starwarrior1227 wrote:NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

I'd support a Nemesis Optimal Optimus (with a bit of retooling and a Galaxy Convoy head!) for obvious reasons… but it would never be a free figure :-(
:CON: To unleash the Warrior within, tame the Beast without. :CON:
NemesisMonkeySupreme
Vehicon
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:58 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Makes sense.

Don't worry Brian, I'm not mad atcha...this time.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby starwarrior1227 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:01 am

Well, then don't join the stupid club! It's $40 for a Deluxe repaint, so you kind of have to like it. I'm sure not renewing my membership next year, whether or not I like Side Burn. (Which I do.)

And before you get on my back about it, yes, there's also a couple 10-page magazines.

i never did probably never will.
Last edited by starwarrior1227 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow creaks in these petty Hz from day to day, to the last segment of recorded data and all our yester-cycles have guided fools the way to rusty death- Out,out brief spark! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor shot that struts and frets his hour upon the field. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of cries and bullets, signifying nothing..."-Macbot
starwarrior1227
Vehicon

Postby D-340 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:03 am

Well, I wish I woulda got this email, as opposed to cominn' here to see it. Been wondering about my Sideburn.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster

Postby zodconvoy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:44 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"

Considering as they advertised this since 2010 and many people signed up or reupped just for this figure, far more people would be pissed off then would be happy.

Oh and Shattered Glass Nemesis Primal would be white with teal and basically be the Ultra Humanite from the JSA, SG Waspnator would look like Inferno, and Shockblast is a voyager and the free figure can only be a deluxe..
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby Kibble » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:16 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
prmlove1 wrote:
cannonfodder4000 wrote:

I think they want a trailer just because they think it would look nice. In my own universe, this Sideburn would be an aged veteran kinda like Blur has become in recent releases and thus, upgraded himself. Also, Hotrod did not have a trailer but when he got the Matrix, he became Rodimus and ended up with a railer.

It might look nice, but it also would look jacked that there's some blue dude that looks the same as Rodimus Prime on your shelf...

ShardFenix wrote:Shadow Scyther never existed either to my knowledge, yet no one bitched when he got made i would love a blue repaint of protector

SS is fine for Shatter Glass Rodimus. Makes no sense for Wildrider, though.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Nekoman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:34 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
It's totally reasonable. Still kind of unprofessional, but reasonable.

The most upsetting thing about the club isn't when I get the membership figure, but the fact that after that the membership feels worthless to me for the rest of the year once I get it.
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby prmlove1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:47 pm

Motto: ""Till all are mine""
Weapon: High-Powered Plasma Blaster With Infra-Red Sight
Nekoman wrote:It's totally reasonable. Still kind of unprofessional, but reasonable.

The most upsetting thing about the club isn't when I get the membership figure, but the fact that after that the membership feels worthless to me for the rest of the year once I get it.

There are a lot of people who feel the same as you do. Honestly, I really like getting the free figure but like going to Botcon, I do it for the people. There are not too many places where you can talk about Transformers and expect to get a informed and legitimate response. It is nice to have freinds with the same interests as you. There is no one I know locally in Fayetteville, NC that loves Transformers although there is someone here who scalps them.
I am looking for a set of Botcon 2012 Junkions at a decent price...
prmlove1
Micromaster
Buy from prmlove1 on eBay
Speed: 3
Firepower: 7

Postby NemesisMonkeySupreme » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Motto: "Peace through tyranny… or obliteration. Whichever is quicker."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
zodconvoy wrote:

Considering as they advertised this since 2010 and many people signed up or reupped just for this figure, far more people would be pissed off then would be happy.

Oh and Shattered Glass Nemesis Primal would be white with teal and basically be the Ultra Humanite from the JSA, SG Waspnator would look like Inferno, and Shockblast is a voyager and the free figure can only be a deluxe..

Shattered Glass is just an excuse for repaints IMO, but while starwarrior1227 mentioned a SG Waspinator he said Nemesis Optimal Optimus, not SG Optimal Optimus… :-B
:CON: To unleash the Warrior within, tame the Beast without. :CON:
NemesisMonkeySupreme
Vehicon
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 8
Skill: 6

Postby starwarrior1227 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:22 pm

i would see nemesis optimal(based on the optimal model before transmetals) having red fur(yes its weird but i don't care) instead of the black fur, purple to replace the red on optimal, and the white on optimal would be replaced with black.
starwarrior1227
Vehicon

Postby gothsaurus » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:44 pm

For all the naysaying about the club.... if you go to Botcon, it pays for itself. (You get the full price taken off of Botcon admission.) It's a no-brainer if you go to the con. That makes the club FREE. Everything that comes in the mail is just sweet icing....a free toy, bi-monthly comic, and exclusives if you want to buy 'em.

I've been really pleased with the art in the comic, as well as the exclusive characters. They've been using some great Classics molds, as well as paying attention to G1 lore (wreckers, Dion) and giving nods to forgotten eras (like G2 and RID).... and Shattered Glass was just epic. Cripes, it's hard to give a nod to every era and fan faction, but you can tell they really try.

I know it's tough creating value for a club like this... with manufacturing costs, printing, management, staff.... But I have to say, I haven't been displeased at all... and Sideburn looks great.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby gothsaurus » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:45 pm

Debating if I'd buy an upgrade (again) for Sideburn if FansProject made it.

Maybe if it had a mold change? (new face or accessories) ???? :-?
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Blackstreak » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:29 pm

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Yea, I got this email also. Good to know what's going on w/ them instead of leaving us in the dark.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby NTESHFT » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
I was glad to see the email, myself. I really can't wait to get this one in.

I had no clue about the botcon and admission for club members. That is sweet, especially since me and my wife's brother plan on going next year. Plus I really dig the Runabout and Runamuck figures coming out next year.

I surely hope FP does the blue armor. I don't see why not. I just hope it don't end up like the Shadow Scyther set- gone in 30 seconds after preorder opens......
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Alt Mode: NISMO 370Z
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7

Postby necr0blivion » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:30 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
headsortails wrote:I was glad to see the email, myself. I really can't wait to get this one in.

I had no clue about the botcon and admission for club members. That is sweet, especially since me and my wife's brother plan on going next year. Plus I really dig the Runabout and Runamuck figures coming out next year.

I surely hope FP does the blue armor. I don't see why not. I just hope it don't end up like the Shadow Scyther set- gone in 30 seconds after preorder opens......

I got the e-mail, and I must say that it was a very welcome alert. Cudos to the Club for sending that out and keeping us up to date, even if they can't give us approximate shipping times due to circumstances beyond their control. That's good customer service!

As for the Side Burn Protector Armor, I'm okay without it. I have the original for Rodimus, and even if I did get the Sons of Cybertron Rodimus, I wouldn't get the clear set for him - same goes for Side Burn. I also do not need an armor set for the United Autobot set with "movie Rodimus" or whatever you'd like to call him. It just seems to be taking away from the uniqueness of the original figure. Now, I would've purchased Shadow Scyther if I had one of the Wildrider/SG Rodimus figures. Black is the new "Black", ya know! :CON:
necr0blivion
Gestalt
Firepower: 5

Postby Emperor Galvatron » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:36 pm

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I like how we're all in a nice circle jerk on this one but I'm gonna rant a little. How did this get delayed so long? It's not like they don't know the quantity they would need. It can't be much more than the number of Botcon registrations (of which there are a set number) plus 25% for members who don't go.
Or, take the club's past year membership number and add 10%, and have the things ready to ship BEFORE friggin' Botcon. It's the same timeline every year. It's not like there's some great mystery on the dates.
And, on top of that, I paid for my membership before they offered orders on Ramjet or Cheetor, but those have already gone out. Is my money worth less to them because I didn't buy those exclusives? I can't be the only one thinking this, am I?

It's just like the registration for BC itself or the other exclusive figures. Randomly throw the information out with no rhyme or reason and we as customers who pay for a service have to scrounge and listen to excuse after excuse. I enjoy the club, I do. I've been a member since day 1. I like the comics, the perks, and the figures. But it's been almost 7 years now, and these guys still don't have their **** together on basics like getting a known quantity figure out on time, or setting up preorders to guage interest on exclusive figures, or a decent registration window to Botcon.

I'm sorry about the rant, but damn. If I treatd my customers like this, I'd be out on my ass inside of a month.

End rant. Flame me if you want, I really don't care at this point.

PS My keyboard is a little messed up, so if there's a letter or two missing I apologize.
Emperor Galvatron
Fuzor
News Credits: 3
Buy from Emperor Galvatron on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6

Postby necr0blivion » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:28 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Emperor Galvatron wrote:I like how we're all in a nice circle jerk on this one but I'm gonna rant a little. How did this get delayed so long? It's not like they don't know the quantity they would need. It can't be much more than the number of Botcon registrations (of which there are a set number) plus 25% for members who don't go.
Or, take the club's past year membership number and add 10%, and have the things ready to ship BEFORE friggin' Botcon. It's the same timeline every year. It's not like there's some great mystery on the dates.
And, on top of that, I paid for my membership before they offered orders on Ramjet or Cheetor, but those have already gone out. Is my money worth less to them because I didn't buy those exclusives? I can't be the only one thinking this, am I?

It's just like the registration for BC itself or the other exclusive figures. Randomly throw the information out with no rhyme or reason and we as customers who pay for a service have to scrounge and listen to excuse after excuse. I enjoy the club, I do. I've been a member since day 1. I like the comics, the perks, and the figures. But it's been almost 7 years now, and these guys still don't have their **** together on basics like getting a known quantity figure out on time, or setting up preorders to guage interest on exclusive figures, or a decent registration window to Botcon.

I'm sorry about the rant, but damn. If I treatd my customers like this, I'd be out on my ass inside of a month.

End rant. Flame me if you want, I really don't care at this point.

PS My keyboard is a little messed up, so if there's a letter or two missing I apologize.

The public had until 3/31/11 to sign up for a year's membership in order to receive the club exclusive, Side Burn. Fun Pub had to wait at least until 4/1 to tally the count and make the order for these figures.

I believe it was 4/28 when Fun Pub announced preorders for the other 2 exclusives, Cheetor and Ramjet. It's possible that they already knew how many figures they wanted to have produced for each prior to 3/31 and finally got the quote on price and time necessary to produce each of these.

If you feel somewhat jaded, I can't help that. All I can say is that almost 3 months after the deadline for the member exclusive, it should be shipping out soon. I don't think that's too bad of a wait.

I would also state that Fun Pub does not know (or can produce) that magic number for each of their exclusives. Last year's Punch/Counterpunch sold out, and they went to work on a second batch - I don't believe SG Cyclonus had required a second run. And this year, that abrasion to sight Ramjet was offered and immediately sold out.

I think the reason the product run number becomes so difficult to tally is because of the secondary market. I ordered 1 each of the two figures offered this year, same as last year. There are those who I can only guess order multiples of a figure in hopes of reselling the limited edition at a higher rate. And there are probably some club members who, for one reason or another, will not even order 1 of each figure.

Reading into the Club's history (and look at their webstore), there were times that they ordered too many of a certain figure and it just didn't sell, so now they've lost money and are still sitting on product, even when offered at a reduced rate. I'm sure they are very attentive to this and would rather sell out of a production run than be forced to house excess of a figure for years and lose money.

So, just "hold your horses" and Side Burn will be delivered to you soon. And you didn't need to be flamed for voicing your opinion!
necr0blivion
Gestalt
Firepower: 5

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr K 1:10 design Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240115 2K (CA) Moss"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr M 1:15 virgin action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240117 2M"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #3 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics FEB230375 3B (CA)Balboni"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZJ foil trade dress Dynamite Comics JAN247412 1ZJ Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr R 1:15 LINE ART Dynamite Comics DEC230221 1R (CA) Parrillo"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240191 3D (CA) Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr J Blank Authentix (White) Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230212 1J"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ZE 1:15 Foil Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249147 3ZE Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr K FOIL virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230214 1K (CA) Nakayama"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr Z 1:100 VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230229 1Z (CA) Lee + Chung"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr M 1:15 line art Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240200 3M (CA)Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240188 3A (CA) Nakayama (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr O LTD virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230218 1O (CA) Nakayama"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr L FOIL virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230215 1L (CA) Parrillo"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON