This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TFCC Sideburn Update

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: TFCC Sideburn Update

Postby Emperor Galvatron » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:09 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I just want to clarify, it's not Sideburn that's upset me about this, it's just the latest incident to show the poor planning and inability to learn from their past mistakes.

Options to avoid over-ordering:1) To ensure that they don't make too many or too few, set up a preorder on the figure. 2 per member max, second party stores like BBTS or TFSource can order extra to fill in production numbers. This will help drive initial prices down and limit risk for FP. Do a head/color scheme render and then let members order. Make 10% extra for defective replacements.

2) Fan voting on character for exclusive. Set up 4 mock ups have the major sites vote on the exclusive and winner is picked similarly to TF HoF.

3) Read a forum on the major sites. You can get a pretty good read from the fandom just by perusing some websites. I was not shocked at all that Ramjet or Punch/Counterpunch sold out so quickly. I knew that I should order mine as soon as possible if wanted it. I did, but only because I was off on the day orders went up. If I'd been working those days, I'd be out of luck. Hopefully, someone somewhere is taking some notes for Runabout and Runamuck, but I'm not holding my breath.

Botcon registration should be open at least 3 months prior to the event, if not earlier. Start on a set day, don't just randomly tweet "Yo bro, we started registration! Good lux LOLOLOLOL" in the middle of a work day/week.

Again, I like the club. I like being a part of it. But we're talking 7 years of the same issues every year. I have no doubts next year will have the same problms, if not worse. I'll renew next March, and so will many others, and we'll likely have to wait until Aug for Runabout(Runamuck?) and whose partner will be vastly under produced and create a shitstorm for Fun Pub because they are unable to create a viable preorder system. And Botcon prereg will still be a broken mess.

Prove me wrong, Fun Pub. Please.
Emperor Galvatron
Fuzor
News Credits: 3
Buy from Emperor Galvatron on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:23 am

Emperor Galvatron wrote:...poor planning and inability to learn from their past mistakes.

Some great advice, Emperor. You should actually email them the lot of that. Can't hurt.

I think the only thing I disagree with a little would be letting the fans actually pick the character. I might suggest this to get the feel of their leanings, but having a team behind with a long story arc, an intended "team" and comic... all this should be behind the toys and characters — in addition to just fan popularity.

I want the exclusives to all go together in style, display well together, be part of a great comic and plot line.... I think Waspinator and Erector's popularity in the voting this year reminds me this is a bad idea. We'd have a mix of continuities and boner jokes for our $60 exclusives... and I don't want that.

I'd say listen to the fans (and certainly dig in threads to get ideas and popularity) but leave the final decisions with a team that knows the intended plot.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Counterpunch » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:26 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Emperor Galvatron wrote:I just want to clarify, it's not Sideburn that's upset me about this, it's just the latest incident to show the poor planning and inability to learn from their past mistakes.

Options to avoid over-ordering:1) To ensure that they don't make too many or too few, set up a preorder on the figure. 2 per member max, second party stores like BBTS or TFSource can order extra to fill in production numbers. This will help drive initial prices down and limit risk for FP. Do a head/color scheme render and then let members order. Make 10% extra for defective replacements.

2) Fan voting on character for exclusive. Set up 4 mock ups have the major sites vote on the exclusive and winner is picked similarly to TF HoF.

3) Read a forum on the major sites. You can get a pretty good read from the fandom just by perusing some websites. I was not shocked at all that Ramjet or Punch/Counterpunch sold out so quickly. I knew that I should order mine as soon as possible if wanted it. I did, but only because I was off on the day orders went up. If I'd been working those days, I'd be out of luck. Hopefully, someone somewhere is taking some notes for Runabout and Runamuck, but I'm not holding my breath.

Botcon registration should be open at least 3 months prior to the event, if not earlier. Start on a set day, don't just randomly tweet "Yo bro, we started registration! Good lux LOLOLOLOL" in the middle of a work day/week.

Again, I like the club. I like being a part of it. But we're talking 7 years of the same issues every year. I have no doubts next year will have the same problms, if not worse. I'll renew next March, and so will many others, and we'll likely have to wait until Aug for Runabout(Runamuck?) and whose partner will be vastly under produced and create a shitstorm for Fun Pub because they are unable to create a viable preorder system. And Botcon prereg will still be a broken mess.

Prove me wrong, Fun Pub. Please.

I used to think like you do, now I've given up trying to have a voice with that organization. They'll do what they want, when they want. Their business model is only secured through monopoly.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:27 am

Some great advice, Emperor. You should actually email them the lot of that. Can't hurt.

I think the only thing I disagree with a little would be letting the fans vote to pick the character. I might suggest this to get the feel of their leanings, but having a team behind with a long story arc, an intended "team" and comic... all this should be behind the toys and characters — in addition to just fan popularity.

I want the exclusives to all go together in style, display well together, be part of a great comic and plot line.... I think Waspinator and Erector's popularity in the voting this year reminds me this is a bad idea. We'd have a mix of continuities and boner jokes for our $60 exclusives... and I don't want that.

I'd say listen to the fans (and certainly dig in threads to get ideas and popularity) but leave the final decisions with a team that knows the intended plot.
Last edited by gothsaurus on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Midnight_Fox » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:30 am

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
The only problems I had was the actual Registration at Botcon: There was no name on the time slot sheets(people were actually bragging about getting 1 friend with a 6 PM time slot to print out enough copies for their entire group, the rest of which had 7 or 8pm slots) and the information for registrants was kept in binders on single sheets of paper. What, no one working for the club has laptops they could borrow?!
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby NemesisMonkeySupreme » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:32 am

Motto: "Peace through tyranny… or obliteration. Whichever is quicker."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
They are in the United States but have not cleared customs. We are not going to give you an estimated date as we don't know when they will release them to us. As soon as we receive them, they will go to the mailer.

To play devil's advocate, how is product tied up in US customs TFCC's fault?
:CON: To unleash the Warrior within, tame the Beast without. :CON:
NemesisMonkeySupreme
Vehicon
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby El Duque » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:21 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
TFCC has provided an update on this year's free membership figure, Sideburn, via their facebook page. Last we heard the figures were tied up in customs, but according to the following post it sounds like they've cleared and should be shipping soon.

SIDEBURN will be shipping soon! They are in the U.S. now and have to be processed for mailing. We will post updates as we progress. Thank you for your patience!
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:23 am

Wahoooo. Great news.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby RiddlerJ » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:48 am

Oh, that Sideburn. Always causin' trouble.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Burnin12 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:12 am

I would be all over a Fan Project Protector Upgrade for my Sideburn. I don't think it's too far out there since they have made 3 different ones all ready.
I would think that a different face would be in order or at least the same options as the Nemesis/Wild Rider version (face or mask). That would be good enough for me.
I was looking forward to getting Sideburn but now thinking about a possible FP upgrade, I'm actually excited for it!
Hell there doesn't seem to be much of a shortage of the original and clear Protector upgrade kits out there. Easily found on the interwebz. A repaint will definitely be in order if FP doesn't make one for us. Actually I think I may go buy one and do it anyway, along with some modifications to make him stand apart a little more from Rodimus. Maybe loose or re shape some trailer parts. Thinking make it look more like actual armor apposed to being part of him.Ok I'll stop now. Coffee's kicking in and I'm babbling.
Burnin12
Micromaster

Postby Midnight_Fox » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:12 am

Midnight_Fox
Godmaster

Postby Heavy B » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:18 am

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
it better get here by the 29th. im moving from massachusettes to new mexico then and itll suck for it to arive at my old place before i get a chance to get a new one
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Blurrz » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:01 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Hopefully they land in Canuckialand soon..
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby El Duque » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Still wondering where your TFCC membership freebie figure Sideburn is? Last we heard they had cleared customs and would be processed for shipping "soon". The TFCC facebook page was recently updated with this tidbit of information on Sideburn's status.

They should hit the mail this week. PLEASE allow until September 1 before making any inquiries. These ship bulk mail and can take a few weeks to arrive.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby xyl360 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:12 pm

Thank goodness, I've been waiting (and drooling :P) over this thing for a long time, as have all of you.

I can't wait (even though I must) :)!
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
xyl360
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby GetRightRobot » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:22 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Good news. I look forward to this figure. I really would like see the Shadow Scyther kit released in blue. Instead of Sideburn Prime, it would just be a cool armor and weapon upgrade. Plus, it would give Fansproject a chance to reuse that cool head and weapon.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2

Postby D-340 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:23 pm

Bout damned time! :-x And it's funny, I get emails from TFCC about store updates, site updates, Botcon, ect., but nothing on Sideburn what so ever. Not a single status update. Had to find out here about. Next year's figure had better be awesome, or I'll be hard pressed to renew my membership. It's my first year as a member and I'm extremely disappointed.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster

Postby gothsaurus » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:31 pm

Yeah, I KNOW the exclusive will get here some time this year... heh.

I know they have convention toys and JoeCon to deal with, plus rolling with the factory and its schedule. My only judgements are on the toys themselves... and for those I've been mostly happy.

Punch, G2 Ramjet, and Cheetor (because he goes well with this year's set) top my list of favorite exclusives. Dion was a great idea... would have been a home run with a new head, I think. As is, good nod to G1.

OH. Hey D-340... next year's exclusives have been announced. It's supposed to be Runamuck as the member exclusive (likely) and then Runabout and SG Drift as the options to buy, supposedly.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby GetRightRobot » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:41 pm

gothsaurus wrote:Yeah, I KNOW the exclusive will get here some time this year... heh.

I know they have convention toys and JoeCon to deal with, plus rolling with the factory and its schedule. My only judgements are on the toys themselves... and for those I've been mostly happy.

Punch, G2 Ramjet, and Cheetor (because he goes well with this year's set) top my list of favorite exclusives. Dion was a great idea... would have been a home run with a new head, I think. As is, good nod to G1.

OH. Hey D-340... next year's exclusives have been announced. It's supposed to be Runamuck as the member exclusive (likely) and then Runabout and SG Drift as the options to buy, supposedly.

If you are right about Runabout-muck, what figure are they going to be?

As far as SG Drift.... I don't a want a black Drift. Actually, I'm wondering if we will ever move away from Shattered Glass. It's cool. A solid change with an awesome story....but are we to get a SG figure at each botcon and the Official club? I'm not knocking SG, just a little burned out on it.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster

Postby Midnight_Fox » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:54 pm

GetRightRobot wrote:
If you are right about Runabout-muck, what figure are they going to be?

As far as SG Drift.... I don't a want a black Drift. Actually, I'm wondering if we will ever move away from Shattered Glass. It's cool. A solid change with an awesome story....but are we to get a SG figure at each botcon and the Official club? I'm not knocking SG, just a little burned out on it.

Runabout/Runamuck are the Wheeljack/Tracks mold.

Also, SG Drift is red, not black. His deco is based on Deadpool, iirc.

OK, so, he's got a little black...
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster

Postby GetRightRobot » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Midnight_Fox wrote:

Also, SG Drift is red, not black. His deco is based on Deadpool.

Well, that mold will serve the Battlechargers well, especially with the folded back glass of the vehicle mode making the "hoody" look they have and the front bumper for toes. Well played.

As for ole Drifty poo.... Deadpool you say? Are there pics somewhere already? I just figured SG, white would be black with yellow or something. Hmm...interesting.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster

Postby gothsaurus » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:58 pm

SG Drift is slated to be a red repaint with the Blurr guns as accessories. (Deadpool homage, I hear.)

As for me, I'm not really excited about Drift in general, but I AM hella interested in them occasionally putting out a SG (or G2) style figure. The SG set and storyline was really rich and well done. I liked how Prime wasn't all black like Nemesis Prime, etc...

Either way, Runabout and Runamuck have been neglected for a while. Getting the PAIR of them is fantastic... and getting a couple more cars for the Decepticon side, as well. (Still waiting for the Classics Stunticons, though. ha.) I can't complain about ANY use of the Tracks/Wheeljack mold. It was fantastic.

On that note, I'd love a Slicer or Road Rage, Hasbro. Seriously, you can't go wrong selling blue and red cars. Kids buy those no questions asked. :grin:
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Midnight_Fox » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:59 pm

GetRightRobot wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:

Also, SG Drift is red, not black. His deco is based on Deadpool.

Well, that mold will serve the Battlechargers well, especially with the folded back glass of the vehicle mode making the "hoody" look they have and the front bumper for toes. Well played.

As for ole Drifty poo.... Deadpool you say? Are there pics somewhere already? I just figured SG, white would be black with yellow or something. Hmm...interesting.

Sorry, was wrong about the Deadpool thing, actually. Thought I remembered someone mentioning that at Botcon. Now that I think about it, I think it was about his characterization, not his deco.

Last edited by Midnight_Fox on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster

Postby Gandalf » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Motto: "Not all those who wander are lost."
Weapon: Sword
Runabout is the free membership figure. He and Runamuck are the Generations Wheeljack mold. Pics from Botcon here.

Edit: Whoa, I go looking for a link and get beat to the punch several times over! :lol:
Last edited by Gandalf on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gandalf
Fuzor

Postby gothsaurus » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:01 pm

I think the Deadpool was referring to his personality rather than the deco, though red is definitely there.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON