This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Variety Article on Universal's Transformers: The Ride - 3D

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Variety Article on Universal's Transformers: The Ride - 3D

Postby El Duque » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:05 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Variety has published an article about the upcoming "Transformers: The Ride - 3D" that is currently under construction on the lower lot of Universal Studios Hollywood. The article mentions that ILM has been brought on to handle visual effects and Peter Cullen and other cast members will reprise voice acting duties. The possibility of future movies and a reboot is also mentioned.

To read the rest of the article at Variety click here.

To do that, Hasbro enlisted Industrial Light and Magic to reprise its role from the films to create the photorealistic 3D characters and visuals and for the ride, and hired Peter Cullen to voice Optimus Prime and other actors from the series.

Par, in particular, is looking to keep the films going. Although Bay has said the third installment is his swan song, it's only a matter of time before the studio reboots the series with a new helmer.

Given the popularity of the films, Hasbro is naturally eager to keep the property alive on the bigscreen, as well. Until more films are made, it has the ride to keep auds interested.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Variety Article on Universal's Transformers: The Ride - 3D

Postby GetRightRobot » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Keep the movies going huh? A reboot aye! I watched DOTM last night. Better, that is all I will say, better. But if anyone reads this post, I'd like to ask a question: Ever play Final Fantasy 7 back in the day on PS? Remember how EPIC it was when Advent Children (a movie from Japan) picked up where the game left off? THAT. I would just love to see the success an all CG, few human continuation of the G1 series (complete with block bots) would be. If I was to win a massive lottery, I would pay to have it made. The fans deserve a fan movie. That is all.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby all_the_primes » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:38 pm

Motto: "Thirteen Primes to rule them all. One Prime to find them. Thirteen Primes to bring them all and in the Autobots Matrix of Leadership to bind them."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
GetRightRobot wrote:THAT. I would just love to see the success an all CG, few human continuation of the G1 series (complete with block bots) would be. If I was to win a massive lottery, I would pay to have it made. The fans deserve a fan movie. That is all.

Win for me.
all_the_primes
Minibot
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:54 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
all_the_primes wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:THAT. I would just love to see the success an all CG, few human continuation of the G1 series (complete with block bots) would be. If I was to win a massive lottery, I would pay to have it made. The fans deserve a fan movie. That is all.

Win for me.

Likewise. :CON:
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby 00Geass » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:03 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:
all_the_primes wrote:

Win for me.

It's funny how you geewunners think a movie based on G1 wouldn't be just a terrible as the last 3 films, with the 4 GOOD TF shows we have you still decide to ignore common sense and judgement and strap on those nostalgia goggles till the blood pools in your eyes and blurs your vision.

you G1 fans are a sad and pathetic bunch, who make our whole community look bad.
00Geass
Mini-Con
Buy from 00Geass on eBay

Postby El Duque » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:11 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
00Geass wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:
all_the_primes wrote:

Win for me.

It's funny how you geewunners think a movie based on G1 wouldn't be just a terrible as the last 3 films, with the 4 GOOD TF shows we have you still decide to ignore common sense and judgement and strap on those nostalgia goggles till the blood pools in your eyes and blurs your vision.

you G1 fans are a sad and pathetic bunch, who make our whole community look bad.

Don't lump all G1 fans into one group. I grew up with and still love G1, but have no problem with the movies or any other continuities for that matter. I stood in line for an hour last night just to see the first 9pm showing.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:57 pm

00Geass wrote:

Kiss my ass.
Seriously. I usually try to avoid conflict, but I can't tolerate sheer idiocy coupled with unbridled ignorance.
Its fools like YOU who make our community look bad by attempting to provoke people on a *laughs* forum.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby gantzrunner » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:08 am

Motto: "This life is a game...and I play for keeps"
Weapon: Double Beam Guns
MINDVVIPE wrote:
00Geass wrote:

Kiss my ass.
Seriously. I usually try to avoid conflict, but I can't tolerate sheer idiocy coupled with unbridled ignorance.
Its fools like YOU who make our community look bad by attempting to provoke people on a *laughs* forum.

This. Thank you MINDVVIPE for saying what I felt. Seriously 00Geass? Another shot at "geewunners". Well that officially makes you as foolish in your fandom as the g1 fans you are insulting. I noticed the 00 in your user name. considering the Geass most likely refers to Code Geass, the 00 probably refers to Gundam 00. So if someone wants a movie from Gundam 0079 are they in nostalgia hell? What about Stardust Memory or War in the Pocket? Or Victory? or an adaptation of Blue Destiny? One day you are gonna find yourself looking back on your favorites and wishing you had a live-action version or big screen 3d, and there will be someone there to call you an idiot for wanting that, just like what you are doing now.
As for the "4 good shows", what might they be? ALL the shows have some fault or other depending on your tastes. G1 was a 30 minute toys commercial; it had some really good stuff in it but some beyond campy stuff too. R.I.D. was done in digimon style I swear, Armada was the pokemon of transformers (gotta catch all the minicons!), i didn't watch much energon so i'll skip that, cybertron was animated like CRAP, animated had a really good story line but an off-putting style and some truly stupid characters (the little girl on the magic horse springs to mind, I forget her name), beast wars didn't sit well with fans that wanted their cars and trucks bots and beast machines was kind of stuck between both worlds. Prime isn't finished yet so we'll see about that one. Finally, the movies simply can't cater to all the fans, so no matter what you do it's gonna step on someone's toes. So what is "good" is a matter of opinion.
I've been with transformers since g1. I love bits and pieces of it all (except kiss players WTF). And you know what? That INCLUDES THE MOVIES. Because as extremely flawed as they were, they brought my favorite bots to the big screen and opened up the world to them. Do you realize how much **** I took as a kid for liking transformers? Now they are everywhere! Thanks to the MOVIES! Would I like a g1 movie? Yes. g1 was based at least somewhere close to the real world, where as most of the following shows were a huge departure from this (i mean come on, 99 percent of the unicron trilogy alt modes don't look like anything you can find on earth) so g1 is the easiest to make a big-screen version of. Would I like a continuation of the current movies? Also yes. And do I want a reboot, something new and fresh for transformers? Again, YES! Every new movie is another chance to make the perfect TF movie, so let them crank 'em out till the get it right.
And anyone that thinks a fan is stupid for wanting an incarnation of the series they grew up with, you can bite me. There are people out there that want a beast wars movie, or a energon movie, or whatever they grew up with. So if you are gonna bash another fan over what part of the massive TF universe is their favorite, then no matter what, YOU are the one making TF fans look bad. So to all my fellow seibertronians, if you don't like g1 that's cool. If you don't like the movies, that's cool too. If you don't like anything in between, that's cool. Just stop insulting whomever doesn't agree on what YOU think transformers should be. :G2BOT:
gantzrunner
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 9

Postby GetRightRobot » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:06 am

00Geass wrote:It's funny how you geewunners think a movie based on G1 wouldn't be just a terrible as the last 3 films, with the 4 GOOD TF shows we have you still decide to ignore common sense and judgement and strap on those nostalgia goggles till the blood pools in your eyes and blurs your vision.

First of all, you are obviously NEW to this little hobby. Second, you must not have read my comment, but only looked for a means of trolling, which makes you the pathetic one. What I said could have applied to every sub story fan. Beast Wars I think would make a decent movie arc. The Wreckers comics would make a good movie. I just want to see a G1 characters in CG, other than Robot Masters. Are you familiar with these stories Newbie? Nah, you're a 12 year old douche talking tough online with his big boy pants on.

I liked the movie. I SUPPORT the movies by purchasing tons of figures (I have over 200 movie figures you near sighted clown). I want Every Transformer related project to succeed. Not just one or two, but allof them. With every successful direction the franchise moves in, another avenue for develop opens and therefore a future. YOU little child, are what makes this community look bad.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster

Postby The Dude » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:42 am

Motto: "I never save pictures of any new toy, because before I know it, I'll be sick of seeing its ugly mug on Walmart shelves. Isn't that right, Mudflap?"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Ok, we've told him off, can we calm down now? I personally don't much care for the G1 cartoon, but that's only because by the time I got around to watching it, I had already absorbed most of the story through the Internet. It is a really imaginative mythology, and I respect that, and I do think it deserves a more faithful adaptation, like a normal old TV show. But if you want something exactly like G1...watch G1.
The Dude
Minibot
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby kirbenvost » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:39 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I think the point is many people want something closer to G1, with the same characters and visual design they know and love, but in a live action movie setting. So far, the closest they've come IMO is War For Cybertron. I don't think anyone's asking for the Cartoon storylines to be dropped straight into a movie. That would be cheesy as heck.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby MINDVVIPE » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:29 pm

kirbenvost wrote:I think the point is many people want something closer to G1, with the same characters and visual design they know and love, but in a live action movie setting. So far, the closest they've come IMO is War For Cybertron. I don't think anyone's asking for the Cartoon storylines to be dropped straight into a movie. That would be cheesy as heck.

Thaaank you, kirbenvost haha, thats pretty much what we are asking for (or the same with a beast wars movie / comic like the Wreckers movie, etc). It shouldn't be this hard to understand what we mean :roll: .

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:01 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:
all_the_primes wrote:

Win for me.

First off, I hope the Movie franchise ends with Dark of the Moon. No reboot, no one else taking the helm and continuing with TF4, nothing. Kill the live action films right here and now!
This bull**** needs to come to an end! Keep making the cartoons for the kids and NOTHING MORE!
And this is why...

The "fans" DESERVE exactly 2 things: Jack...and Sh**, and guess what? Jack just left!!

Yeah, the fans may WANT stuff but we don't deserve a damn thing because were are going, by choice, to see a movie we don't NEED to see and buy toys we don't NEED to have. We choose to enjoy this hobby, we choose to collect toys and watch shows that were meant for young children and we choose to pay tribute to something that we adult (and teen/young adult) collectors love and enjoy from our youth but that's IT! Mickey Mouse doesn't owe me sh**, neither does Bullwinkle and Optimus Prime doesn't owe me anything either and most certainly Hasbro and Paramount don't owe me a damn thing and they don't owe the fandom either and I'd sure love to see how ANY of the fans can justify making such a selfish, baseless, egotistical claim. Hasbro doesn't NEED us, there's a heck of a lot more children out there than there are TF fans. They did fine before the fandom got so huge and they'll still survive even if we all fall off the face of the Earth tomorrow.

I'm not trying to start a fight, this isn't a G1-vs-Movie squabble like before, this is me trying to figure out where everyone's thinking got so horribly misguided and exactly at what point I became ashamed to be lumped into the same category as my fellow collectors and followers of everything Transformers. The target demographic for the toys, the movies, the amusement park rides...they behave better than the majority of the people that actually comprise what is considered the basis of "Transformer Fans".

Give this franchise back to the children where it rightfully belongs because the grown-ups have turned this whole thing into a farce, a fiasco and a complete nightmare. The very essence of the Transformers, the heart and soul of 20+ years of magic is effectively dead and it was the fan base that killed it and I sincerely hope that each and every one of you out there is pleased with yourself over your own selfish behavior. I would be less pissed off if Bay had put a bullet in Optimus Primes spark core at the end of TF3 than I am with our entire fan community right now.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby MINDVVIPE » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:12 pm

T-Macksimus wrote:First off, I hope the Movie franchise ends with Dark of the Moon. No reboot, no one else taking the helm and continuing with TF4, nothing. Kill the live action films right here and now!
This bull**** needs to come to an end! Keep making the cartoons for the kids and NOTHING MORE!
And this is why...

The "fans" DESERVE exactly 2 things: Jack...and Sh**, and guess what? Jack just left!!

Yeah, the fans may WANT stuff but we don't deserve a damn thing because were are going, by choice, to see a movie we don't NEED to see and buy toys we don't NEED to have. We choose to enjoy this hobby, we choose to collect toys and watch shows that were meant for young children and we choose to pay tribute to something that we adult (and teen/young adult) collectors love and enjoy from our youth but that's IT! Mickey Mouse doesn't owe me sh**, neither does Bullwinkle and Optimus Prime doesn't owe me anything either and most certainly Hasbro and Paramount don't owe me a damn thing and they don't owe the fandom either and I'd sure love to see how ANY of the fans can justify making such a selfish, baseless, egotistical claim. Hasbro doesn't NEED us, there's a heck of a lot more children out there than there are TF fans. They did fine before the fandom got so huge and they'll still survive even if we all fall off the face of the Earth tomorrow.

I'm not trying to start a fight, this isn't a G1-vs-Movie squabble like before, this is me trying to figure out where everyone's thinking got so horribly misguided and exactly at what point I became ashamed to be lumped into the same category as my fellow collectors and followers of everything Transformers. The target demographic for the toys, the movies, the amusement park rides...they behave better than the majority of the people that actually comprise what is considered the basis of "Transformer Fans".

Give this franchise back to the children where it rightfully belongs because the grown-ups have turned this whole thing into a farce, a fiasco and a complete nightmare. The very essence of the Transformers, the heart and soul of 20+ years of magic is effectively dead and it was the fan base that killed it and I sincerely hope that each and every one of you out there is pleased with yourself over your own selfish behavior. I would be less pissed off if Bay had put a bullet in Optimus Primes spark core at the end of TF3 than I am with our entire fan community right now.

I disagree.
Sure its meant for kids, yada yada whatever you just said, but the older fans helped hasbro realize it can be a larger franchise than it already is (adults pay for movie tickets, botcon tickets, etc etc). When adults wear TF merch, or mention anything about TFs, it is taken a lot more serious than if kids mention it. Thats marketing right there. Anyway, all of this still doesn't matter, coz when we say we deserve, we don't really mean we feel we are OWED somthing, thats retarded. I'm sure when he said "deserve", he meant it as in how tantalizing its been to have 3 2-hour movies, and still not have enough of what you wanted in it (he is speaking out of his love for the franchise, and how he would pay to have it made for TF fans, not for the general public who need a buncha other crap to get them in the theatre). I don't think any heart has left the franchise, TF Prime is awesome, and Animated really surprised me. As someone else mentioned, let them do as many movies as they need to get it right.
Its the fact that we feel that the movies missed out on appealing to the TF enthusiasts, who wanted more ROBOTS than humans in a TF movie... even kids would probably agree. Taking this whole "its meant for kids, be pleased we're getting anything" is a really stupid attitude. We are the market; a potential target audience. By voicing our wants, we JUST MIGHT GET THEM, since if theres enough money to be made from somthing we want, AWESOME. On top of that, its a forum, let people bitch and whine all they want, as long as they are saying what they liked, and what they didn't like. Who knows, maybe someone who wants to make more money will read those comments and appeal.

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby GetRightRobot » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:46 am

T-Macksimus wrote:First off, I hope....whole bunch of words

Breathe. I'm not sure if someone just robbed you of all of your figures or something, but you seem awfully upset. Perhaps the feeling of entitlement stems from the time and money some of us invest into the hobby. If the fandom is so lost and horrible why are you still on a fansite ranting? I don't think your previous comment did much more than demonstrate your point. ;)
GetRightRobot
Godmaster

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Autobot WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Autobot WHEELJACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #27 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 NOV200365 27RI (CA) Goux (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #27 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS II #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JUN221672 1RI"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers: Target 2006 Titan Books 2002 Marvel UK TPB TFUK (W) Furman 210713A"
Transformers: Targ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr G 1:50 Image Comics 2023 0823IM292 1G (CA) Manapul"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Fan Book 2021 with OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Legion Figures Takara"
NEW!
Transformers Fan B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #4 con cvr Vol 2 IDW Comics 2015 convention"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915K"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #44 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 5RI 230323"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAY221565 3A (CA) Roche"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2013 5A (CA) Christiansen"
Transformers Prime ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1123IM343 4B (CA) Jonboy"
TRANSFORMERS #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #2 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915F"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON