This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Shout! Factory Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Shout! Factory Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled

Postby F Prime » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:29 pm

Motto: "math...thrash...Math....Thrash...MATH....THRASH..."
Weapon: No Weapon
I just received this message from Shout! Factory:
Dear Shout! Factory Customer & Transformers Fan,

We are sorry to report that we have had a production delay in bringing you The Transformers Japanese Collection box set. We anticipate an 8-10 week wait as we strive to bring you the best-quality product possible. Because of the delay, we will need to cancel the preorders currently in our system. However, you will be among the first to know when we have a new date scheduled to ship the DVD set. We will email you notification of a new date and ability to preorder the product in the next few weeks. At that time, you will need to come back to our site and place your order again. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you need additional information, please visit this FAQ.

Thanks,

Melissa Boag
VP, Marketing

Pi is exactly 3!
F Prime
Fuzor
News Credits: 2

Re: Shout! Factory Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled

Postby F Prime » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:33 pm

For those interested, here is the FAQ: http://www.shoutfactory.com/tfjapanese.aspx#axzz1QoDIPhVz
Pi is exactly 3!
F Prime
Fuzor

Postby El Duque » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:00 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
A bit of unfortunate news for those of you who pre-ordered Shout! Factory's The Transformers Japanese Collection box set, it's been delayed for for 8 to 10 weeks. However, it appears the delay is to ensure a quality end product. Shout! Factory sent out the following e-mail to customers who had pre-ordered the set:

We are sorry to report that we have had a production delay in bringing you The Transformers Japanese Collection box set. We anticipate an 8-10 week wait as we strive to bring you the best-quality product possible. Because of the delay, we will need to cancel the preorders currently in our system. However, you will be among the first to know when we have a new date scheduled to ship the DVD set. We will email you notification of a new date and ability to preorder the product in the next few weeks. At that time, you will need to come back to our site and place your order again. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you need additional information, please visit this FAQ.

Thanks,

Melissa Boag
VP, Marketing

They also posted the following information regarding the delay on their website:

We are sorry to report that we have had a production delay in bringing you The Transformers Japanese Collection box set. We anticipate an 8–10 week wait as we strive to bring you the best-quality product possible.

Please check back on our site in the coming weeks to find a new pre-order page. We apologize for the inconvenience.

FAQ:

Why is my order delayed?

Shout! Factory has encountered an unavoidable production delay. As we know, Transformers fans demand and deserve the best-quality product, and we are striving to hit the mark.

Will the release still be subtitled?

Yes, the audio will be in Japanese with English subtitles.

Are the bonus features changing?

No, art galleries will still be intact when the box set ships.

Is the price changing?

No, the suggested retail price will still remain $99.99, and we will post it for sale with a 10% discount that will be active throughout the preorder period.

Will you still be offering the limited-edition lithograph as a gift-with-purchase? Am I guaranteed one?

Yes, we will be offering the lithograph. When we repost this product for preorder, we will first notify everyone on the original list of preorders via email that it is available. As long as you place your order soon after you get that notice, you will automatically get the lithograph. It is our desire that each and every person who had placed an original order and who orders again when the product becomes available receives a lithograph. If you encounter any problems, please contact info@shoutfactory.com.

How long do I have to wait?

We are expecting an 8–10 week delay but are not currently comfortable setting an exact date. For that reason, we do have to cancel orders. However, once we are certain about our new ship date we will again post this title for preorder, and customers who had previously placed an order will be notified first.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Shout! Factory's Transformers - Japanese Collection Delayed

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:02 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
An email is going out to those who have pre-ordered the Japanese Collection box set from Shout! Factory. There is an 8-10 week delay and all pre-orders have been cancelled. When new pre-orders are available you will need to pre-order again.

Thanks,

Melissa Boag
VP, Marketing
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Blackstreak » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:12 pm

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
I don't understand why they would cancel the pre-orders. Just let them stand, I'm sure those who did pre-order can wait for the better product to be released later.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby IAmThePeej » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:17 pm

Damn, I was just about to pre-order it too. Here's hoping that when I can pre-order it, I'll get the lithograph too.
Your local source for posts that are overly long.
IAmThePeej
Micromaster

Postby Primeultimus » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:32 am

Motto: "All Your Protos Are Belong To Us!"
Weapon: Electro-Disruptor
Does this have anything to do with the Headmasters dvd that comes out next week?
Primeultimus
Pretender
News Credits: 62
Watch Primeultimus on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby rpetras » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:02 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
That makes no sense at all.

If there is a delay, fine, so be it, but there is no reason to cancel the preorders.

I've had stuff on preorder at BBTS, for example, with the arrive by date slipping each month for years before it finally got shipped.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
News Credits: 1
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Requiem Prime » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:07 am

Motto: "You take care of your team and stay out of my way, so I can take care of mine."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
Primeultimus wrote:Does this have anything to do with the Headmasters dvd that comes out next week?

Probably. They've "run into a delay" that will leave their far weaker partial collection the only option for a while.
Requiem Prime
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby Autobot Strider » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Motto: "Fortune favors the bold!"
Weapon: Railgun
Requiem Prime wrote:
Primeultimus wrote:Does this have anything to do with the Headmasters dvd that comes out next week?

Probably. They've "run into a delay" that will leave their far weaker partial collection the only option for a while.

Hmmm... I was going to pick up the Headmasters all by itself, since I guess I was living under a rock and didn't hear about this set. I guess I should look into what it will contain first, since it will likely be cheaper than buying all the Japanese seasons seperately, as I did with the G1 American releases, instead of buying the Matrix set.

That being said, have they announced any extras that will be included in the set? I'm still pissed that I missed out on having a Decepticon magnet... :-x
"I can't deal with my lack of a signature right now!"
Autobot Strider
Combiner
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8

Postby OhioBot » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:27 pm

So if its been canceled why did they charge my credit card $98 on 6/29?
Follow me on twitter:
http://twitter.com/skeeter112375

1680 bots and no end in sight!

OhioBot
Micromaster
News Credits: 4

Postby kirbenvost » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:44 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I hope this is indeed just a delay, I really want this set since I've never watched these series.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Courage: 8

Postby Skyfire77 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:46 am

Motto: "Science can't move forward without heaps!"
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Requiem Prime wrote:

FWIW, I ordered The Headmasters off Amazon, and it shipped on Saturday.
Skyfire77
Headmaster
Intelligence: 10+

Postby captain craig » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:18 am

Weapon: Twin Independent Mounted Disruptor Rays
I ordered a set for a buddy and I and told him on Tuesday our order had shipped.
He told me had read the set had been delayed. I wasn't aware of this news.
I talked to him this morning and he confirmed with another mutual friend in PA that he had read about the delay also. I was so out of the loop.
However, while talking to him looked up on Amazon and the USPS tracking indicates it's arrived at my city hub. I'm very likely to have it this afternoon.

Should there be a concern I'm getting a flawed product? I'm indifferent on the lithograph I just want my discs to play without any problem.

Or is Jap Box Collection different than Headmasters? Collection of ALL the Jap TF toons vs just one individual set aka Headmasters.
Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1
captain craig
Fuzor
Buy from captain craig on eBay
Skill: 9

Postby F Prime » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:46 am

captain craig wrote:Or is Jap Box Collection different than Headmasters? Collection of ALL the Jap TF toons vs just one individual set aka Headmasters.

Yup, this box set is different. The Japanese Collection Box Set has Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory.
Pi is exactly 3!
F Prime
Fuzor

Postby Autobot Strider » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:08 pm

Motto: "Fortune favors the bold!"
Weapon: Railgun
I ordered the Headmasters through HMV, which was supposed to be here on Tuesday, but it's back-ordered. Anyone else have a similar delay?
"I can't deal with my lack of a signature right now!"
Autobot Strider
Combiner

Postby captain craig » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:24 pm

Weapon: Twin Independent Mounted Disruptor Rays
F Prime wrote:
captain craig wrote:Or is Jap Box Collection different than Headmasters? Collection of ALL the Jap TF toons vs just one individual set aka Headmasters.

Yup, this box set is different. The Japanese Collection Box Set has Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory.

I guess then I missed the news there was this Box Collection of all 3 Japanese series.
I could've sworn that the Headmasters was meant to act as a test balloon for the Region 1 market to see if demand was there before pushing forward with Masterforce and Victory.

If I had come across the Box Collection I would've just ordered that even now knowing the delay.
I assume the dubs on those are going to be the plain variety as well that many hoped wouldn't be on HM.
Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1
captain craig
Fuzor
Buy from captain craig on eBay
Skill: 9

Postby F Prime » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:52 am

captain craig wrote:I assume the dubs on those are going to be the plain variety as well that many hoped wouldn't be on HM.

Actually, there will be no dubs on either, only subs. The quality of the dubs out there now is quite poor and the cost to make better quality dubs was way too high (at least, those are a couple of the reasons...there are others).
Pi is exactly 3!
F Prime
Fuzor

Postby Skyfire77 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:52 am

Motto: "Science can't move forward without heaps!"
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
captain craig wrote:
F Prime wrote:

I guess then I missed the news there was this Box Collection of all 3 Japanese series.
I could've sworn that the Headmasters was meant to act as a test balloon for the Region 1 market to see if demand was there before pushing forward with Masterforce and Victory.

If I had come across the Box Collection I would've just ordered that even now knowing the delay.
I assume the dubs on those are going to be the plain variety as well that many hoped wouldn't be on HM.

No dub, subs only.
Skyfire77
Headmaster
Intelligence: 10+

Postby cain1k » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:10 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
My only question on the whole thing is going to be if they are going to release the others seperately just like they are Headmasters. because then I'd purchase Headmasters now and wait for the others since I can get them cheaper at a store I have friends at except they didn't have sets minus G1.

I am kind of sad they didn't get funds to redub it, but then again attempting to get decent voices for it now when it is years later and some of them don't sound the same anymore. Not to mention how destroyed Dragonball Z sounds updated with new voices in Kai. So more than willing to watch dubbed.
cain1k
Mini-Con
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby F Prime » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:24 pm

Has there been any updated information on the Complete Collection? Shout! said they would send an email to those who had pre-ordered the collection, but I have not heard anything yet.....
Pi is exactly 3!
F Prime
Fuzor

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINI-CON SKYBOOM Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 230427C"
NEW!
MINI-CON SKYBOOM T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Camaro) Transformers Movie Energon Igniters Power Plus Series 2018"
BUMBLEBEE (Camaro) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GAME OLDER Transformers BotBots Series 4 Retro Replays 2020 game cartridge"
GAME OLDER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKID-Z Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Deluxe Basic complete 2001 230821A"
NEW!
SKID-Z Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHT ATTACK MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2003 231209A"
NEW!
NIGHT ATTACK MINI- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Warrior Class ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse 2018 New"
Warrior Class ENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRUELLOCK Transformers Energon Class complete Hasbro 2004 230427B"
CRUELLOCK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYBLAST JET MODE Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 190411"
SKYBLAST JET MODE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKILLZ PUNK Transformers BotBots Series 1 Techie Team 2018 Hasbro Game Cartridge"
SKILLZ PUNK Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STEAMHAMMER Transformers Energon Combat complete Hasbro 2005 Powerlinx 230427B"
STEAMHAMMER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 211006A"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Energon Class + instructions + comic Hasbro 2004 230427B"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STORM JET Transformers Energon Combat complete Superion Maximus 2004 230427A"
STORM JET Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON