This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Third-Party Company Behind Upcoming Animated Upgrades Revealed

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

Third-Party Company Behind Upcoming Animated Upgrades Revealed

Postby El Duque » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:11 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
The new third-party company behind the upcoming NOS combiner upgrade for the BotCon Animated Stunticons and the Firemaster upgrade for Animated Optimus Prime have revealed themselves. The company calls themselves G1UPPERS, and they have set up a blogspot that can be visited by clicking here. No new details regarding either set at this time, though they do mention revealing some images at TFcon:

We are planning on having some pics for the guys over at TFCON

G1UPPERS are a group of Transformers collectors that work hard to create awesome upgrade kits for your already awesome official products.

Last edited by El Duque on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Third-Party Company Behind Upcoming Animated Upgrades Revealed

Postby Jacob P. Galvatron » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:23 pm

Motto: "Decepticons, till the day I die! West side!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Sounds fancy.
Jacob P. Galvatron: Because You're Worth It!!

Custom Things:
Atmospheric Re-entry Bumblebee

Jacob P. Galvatron
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6

Postby Rated X » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:23 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Lets hope its not just a trailer for Motormaster but a whole combiner kit for Menasor. All the molds have been around for a while so as soon as all 5 stunticons molds were announced these guys probally went to work.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby El Duque » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:26 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Rated X wrote:Lets hope its not just a trailer for Motormaster but a whole combiner kit for Menasor. All the molds have been around for a while so as soon as all 5 stunticons molds were announced these guys probally went to work.

They will combine.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby rockman_fan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Motto: "mottos are for dorks"
Weapon: Sonic-Stun Gun
glad to see animated had a big enough impact that fans want to keep it alive 8) :APPLAUSE:
getting rid of junk. it's a gold... well, ok, silver mine if you're a customizer.

RIP: crave.com. you will be forever missed.
rockman_fan
Minibot
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby MINDVVIPE » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:32 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Sweet, animated was dope fo sho... I don't collect the figures much though, just Blackarachnia and Oil Slick so far, and those don't really need upgrading.
:CON:
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby The Dude » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:06 pm

Motto: "I never save pictures of any new toy, because before I know it, I'll be sick of seeing its ugly mug on Walmart shelves. Isn't that right, Mudflap?"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
MINDVVIPE wrote:I don't collect the figures much though, just Blackarachnia and Oil Slick so far

What's wrong with you? jk

Also, G1UPPERS has to be the funniest name for a third-party toy company ever.
The Dude
Minibot
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:09 pm

Never got the Botcon set and this won't make me splurge on it .... but hopefully it'll inspire someone to make a Classics version.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby MINDVVIPE » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:11 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
The Dude wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:I don't collect the figures much though, just Blackarachnia and Oil Slick so far

Haha, I only collect figures that can fit into my classics, "realistic" theme... nothing with obviously cartoony (asymetrical) faces and overly wierd limb propotions.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby superbad1684 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:24 pm

Ha ha, "keep animation alive", I love it! Heh, referring to animated, heh
superbad1684
Mini-Con

Postby T-Macksimus » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:34 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Haha, I only collect figures that can fit into my classics, "realistic" theme... nothing with obviously cartoony (asymetrical) faces and overly wierd limb propotions.

I was thinking that there's nothing unrealistic about asymmetrical faces and overly weird limb proportions but then again I suppose I have been spending entirely too much time wandering around Wal-Mart lately. :P

Seriously though, I know what you mean about the look of the figures which is why I only have a few myself and those I waited til I could get them discounted. I enjoyed the cartoon but the figures just didn't win me over after having collected the regular one for all these years.
I will admit that I'm curious to see what they do with the combiner set. Every other line has had a combiner of some type and all they offered up for animated was a short lived run with the 2 'Bots that formed the jet and I'm not certain that all regions got to even see that one.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:42 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Never got the Botcon set and this won't make me splurge on it .... but hopefully it'll inspire someone to make a Classics version.

I am the opposite, as soon as I heard about the upgrade I bought the box set. Probably wouldn't have done it otherwise.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby JERRYUS PRIME » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:01 am

G1 hope this guys can pull the rest of the dinobots thats g1uppers for the animated fans. n a animated optimus trailer. now that i think about it wat about some fire power " WEAPONS" all 3rd paties do r up-grades which r great but how many up grades can animated need????? unless they want to make thier own figures like dinobots n (OMEGA SUPREME) any up-grade i can think of galvatron up-grade,sound waves cassettes (guitars) other than that its all been done in the animated world .
JERRYUS PRIME
Mini-Con

Postby Burn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:51 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
The Dude wrote:Also, G1UPPERS has to be the funniest name for a third-party toy company ever.

No, funny is how their two products are aimed at upgrading Animated ... not exactly G1 ...
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Flux Convoy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:26 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Burn wrote:
The Dude wrote:Also, G1UPPERS has to be the funniest name for a third-party toy company ever.

No, funny is how their two products are aimed at upgrading Animated ... not exactly G1 ...

You're missing the pun.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby GetRightRobot » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:30 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
I bought my Botcon 2011 boxed set FOR this upgrade. It's such an obvious seller, I KNEW someone would produce it. I will be buying this set, and anyone still on the fence about this years boxed set better get it now. You think Shattered Glass got expensive? If this kit is done right, we might have just received the most expensive Botcon set ever to hit the secondary market.

If it does not combine (which El Duque has informed us it will) then not too many people will pick it up, me being one of them.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Court Jester » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:11 pm

-
Last edited by Court Jester on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Court Jester

Postby GetRightRobot » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:27 am

[DECEASED] wrote:Panic $pending i$ illogical...
KOToy$ & it$ U.$. di$tributor Ace$toy$tore will have a batch ready for the one$ not intere$ted in Botcon.
$hame on you GetRight, you $hould know thi$ game by now.

I'm so embarrassed.... :BANG_HEAD:
GetRightRobot
Godmaster

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:14 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
[DECEASED] wrote:Panic $pending i$ illogical...
KOToy$ & it$ U.$. di$tributor Ace$toy$tore will have a batch ready for the one$ not intere$ted in Botcon.
$hame on you GetRight, you $hould know thi$ game by now.

Buying from Krazy Owner Toy$ i$ illogical.
$upport the IP owner.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Court Jester » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:59 am

=
Last edited by Court Jester on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Court Jester

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:26 pm

There's no guarantee that KO makers will make the Animated Botcon set. Dragstrip seems like a foregone conclusion, but the rest? Not so much.

Heck, just making blue Classics Prime took about a year, didn't it? From confirmation of intention to actual product? And, if not a year, then still a very long time for a simple recolor.

And there's no guarantee a KO will work well with a fanmade trailer. The CC armor doesn't work with the KO so well and the Coronation set does not fit the CMS Seekers (although it works fine with the cheaper KO Seekers).
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Court Jester » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:02 pm

Very well thought out Gauntlet.

III
Last edited by Court Jester on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Court Jester

Postby GetRightRobot » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:42 pm

[DECEASED] wrote:Very well thought out Gauntlet.

A few things to consider though.
No protos were shown from G1Uppers yet. No release date has been issued.

Mike @ KOToys is in business (shady or not) to make money, and this has cash grab written all over it.

The SG Prime KO was successful.

And finally, never underestimate the patience of an avid collector with limited funds.

By no means am I degrading your logic; in fact, it is completely sound. However, both you and I have seen these things play out before - especially with "exclusives". Why should any practice of successful capitalism cease when there is a market for such frivolous items? As CM Punk says, the wheel will just keep on turning.

I don't buy Knock off's. Yet, I LOVE 3rd party, original items. It's six in one hand, half a dozen in the other and I get that. I don't care who makes what or for how much. So long as blatant KO's don't bring the legal hammer down on superior companies like Fan's Project and shut THEM down, I'm good.

One more thing off topic x2, DECEASED, I like you. You seem to have the ability to discuss without arguing. Not enough of that around here.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster

Postby Mkall » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:47 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
[DECEASED] wrote:Mike @ KOToys is in business (shady or not) to make money, and this has cash grab written all over it.

The SG Prime KO was successful.

There is one problem in the immediate though; TFCC destroys all the new molds used to make their unique heads. Now it's entirely possible that the KO people can and will reverse-engineer them, but that will take a bit of time.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Mike may have made SG Rodimus and Optimus, but that's hardly the entire set. And it took him a very long time to make SG Optimus and Rodimus .... Rodimus isn't even out, is he? Cash grab or not, I think it's wrong to assume that there's no limit on what they'll KO. It still costs $$$ to copy these molds, after all

With the Seeker mold, they'll just run with it until people stop buying. And G1 seems like it'll be KOed forever. But I don't see them running with the classics Mirage mold that much, or even Animated Arcee's. The guy who made the City Commander KO has also stopped, so we won't be seeing more of that, cash grab or no. So you won't see a KO SG City Commander set or a KO Toxitron City Commander set.

So, if you want to make use of this trailer set ... I wouldn't count on it being totally KOed just for a cash grab. Just look at how long it's taking them to KO the Dinocassettes. Those are even less complicated that making copies of four deluxe molds and (maybe) a trailer.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Next

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #64 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 APR230314 64C (CA) Hans"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2022 DEC210642 9A (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr G 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2022 NOV210586 8G (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #78 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 1023IM394 78A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #77 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0923IM474 77C (CA) Williams III"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #79 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 1023IM397 79A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #73 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0823IM317 73C (CA) Williams III"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #51 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 SEP220089 51C (CA) Lotay"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD #193 1st ptg Farm House Image Comics 2019 (CA) Adlard + Stewart"
WALKING DEAD #193 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD #1 Newsprint Color Image Comics 2023 0823IM311 (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD #1 Ne ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENTER THE HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER Boom Comics 2021 FCBD APR210003 (CA) Dell'Edera"
ENTER THE HOUSE OF ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #80 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM351 80A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #4 Cvr E 1:50 Boom Comics 2022 NOV210748 4E (CA) Romero"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #86 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 0224IM327 86C (CA) Wu (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON