This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Third-Party Company Behind Upcoming Animated Upgrades Revealed

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

Re: Third-Party Company Behind Upcoming Animated Upgrades Revealed

Postby LEJAM » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:31 am

It reminds starscream because of the side vents.
I tried to get close to these pictures I used as reference with TF Animated design :
LEJAM
Mini-Con
Endurance: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Leader_Ultra_Magnus » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:45 am

Motto: "Blast first, ask questions later!"
Weapon: Laser Guided Incendiary Missle Launcher
I have to say that the Derrick J. Wyatt Design is by far my favorite!

It evokes a menacing feeling and still retains the animated aesthetic I've come to love.

Sincerely,

Animated Fan #39
All your TF Dreams come true in my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/Transformers-Action-Figures
Leader_Ultra_Magnus
Micromaster
Buy from Leader_Ultra_Magnus on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby El Duque » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:25 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Here's there latest design:

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby XxsnipersnakexX » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:05 am

Motto: "This is the part where you explode"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
hope there's something for my OP
XxsnipersnakexX
Mini-Con
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby El Duque » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:43 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Optimus Prime gives us a first look at the head sculpt for G1Uppers upcoming BotCon 2011 Animated Stunticons "Menace" combiner upgrade in the video embedded below. As you can see the designers took Derrick J. Wyatt's concept to heart.

According to the G1Uppers website the combining aspect of this project has never been an issue, they are working on capturing the Animated "essence".

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:01 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
So glad they went with Derrick's design, it will fit in much nicer with the rest of my Animated collection. Literally can't wait to see the full prototype!!!
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby GetRightRobot » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:29 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
I'm starting to wonder IF there is a prototype. Could it be that G1Uppers made this announcement simply to discourage anyone else from making this obvious seller? I want to see some combined mode pics bad. I've already worked out a custom concept, which is why I'm surprised no evidence other than a recently unveiled head that was probably just as recently designed based on Mr. Wyatt's artwork. Come one G1Uppers, don't be one of those 3rd party companies!
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:43 pm

GetRightRobot wrote:I'm starting to wonder IF there is a prototype. Could it be that G1Uppers made this announcement simply to discourage anyone else from making this obvious seller? I want to see some combined mode pics bad. I've already worked out a custom concept, which is why I'm surprised no evidence other than a recently unveiled head that was probably just as recently designed based on Mr. Wyatt's artwork. Come one G1Uppers, don't be one of those 3rd party companies!

according to their website, they should have a prototype in October.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander

Postby enclinedesigns » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:29 pm

Motto: "live it"
GetRightRobot wrote:I'm starting to wonder IF there is a prototype. Could it be that G1Uppers made this announcement simply to discourage anyone else from making this obvious seller? I want to see some combined mode pics bad. I've already worked out a custom concept, which is why I'm surprised no evidence other than a recently unveiled head that was probably just as recently designed based on Mr. Wyatt's artwork. Come one G1Uppers, don't be one of those 3rd party companies!

You should understand how long something can take to get right. These guys are not just combining five figures for the sake of combining them, but they are designing a whole new character to add to an existing world. I will tell you this, these guy are not going to rush out a piece of crap.

Their blog explains all of this. The fact that they are looking to have a prototype out by October is a pretty good indication a physical prototype is not ready.
enclinedesigns
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby GetRightRobot » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:06 pm

enclinedesigns wrote: You should understand how long something can take to get right. These guys are not just combining five figures for the sake of combining them, but they are designing a whole new character to add to an existing world. I will tell you this, these guy are not going to rush out a piece of crap.

Their blog explains all of this. The fact that they are looking to have a prototype out by October is a pretty good indication a physical prototype is not ready.

I suppose you are right. I've experienced first hand how a CAD file that appears perfect does not work in the real world (ex: i forgot to take into consideration tolerance/clearance, a 1/4" peg does not actually fit a 1/4" hole). I understand the complexity involved when designing product, but programs like Solidworks expedite so much of the troubleshooting and mold layout automatically, I figured by now we would see more development. I guess I'm more excited about this kit than other current 3rd party project for the same reason some other collectors are. I've invested good money in the Botcon set (I unfortunately couldn't make it this year and so had to purchase mine from ebay, ouch) in hopes that someone would produce this upgrade.

Off subject, did you ever get my response to your email Encline?
GetRightRobot
Godmaster

Postby enclinedesigns » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Motto: "live it"
GetRightRobot wrote:
enclinedesigns wrote: You should understand how long something can take to get right. These guys are not just combining five figures for the sake of combining them, but they are designing a whole new character to add to an existing world. I will tell you this, these guy are not going to rush out a piece of crap.

I suppose you are right. I've experienced first hand how a CAD file that appears perfect does not work in the real world (ex: i forgot to take into consideration tolerance/clearance, a 1/4" peg does not actually fit a 1/4" hole). I understand the complexity involved when designing product, but programs like Solidworks expedite so much of the troubleshooting and mold layout automatically, I figured by now we would see more development. I guess I'm more excited about this kit than other current 3rd party project for the same reason some other collectors are. I've invested good money in the Botcon set (I unfortunately couldn't make it this year and so had to purchase mine from ebay, ouch) in hopes that someone would produce this upgrade.

Off subject, did you ever get my response to your email Encline?

Man, I am glad you knew I was not trying to come off as a douche...haha...but yeah, I know EVERYONE with this set is excited. These guys were at Botcon this year... and I hear they have something big planned for next year! They are just as excited as we are to have this set done, and done right. As you and I know, putting out one off customs is one thing, but mass producing a product is a whole other monster. It is no secret this set will take time, as it has to look like ANIMATED, be huge, and meet the expectations of everyone watching and evolved......and from what I have seen and heard, it will be AWESOME when done.

And no, I did't get the response... well, I don't think.. OFF TO YOUTUBE!
enclinedesigns
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby UltraPrimal » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
I'm glad G1Uppers is looking to capture the ascetic of Animated and not just slap an Animated head on a big robot skeleton and have the Stunticons slot into it. He should put the Menace in Menasor. Remember, this a voyager and 4 deluxes combining! This guy should be massive! Like Fort Max size!

I have nothing but high expectations from these guys. Aren't they the ones doing the RTS G2 Optimus upgrade too? Man, I want that thing so bad... Especially the inevitable Scourge repaint. ;)^
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby GetRightRobot » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:08 pm

enclinedesigns wrote: Man, I am glad you knew I was not trying to come off as a douche...haha...but yeah, I know EVERYONE with this set is excited......

D-Bag free comment! :lol: It is easy to overlook the care required to produce a kit that will combine 5 expensive figures without damage. I don't think anyone(designer or customer) want to experience the CrazyDevy Predaking wing fiasco! :lol: Sorry, perhaps nothing to laugh at...
GetRightRobot
Godmaster

Postby robofreak » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:25 pm

GetRightRobot wrote:
enclinedesigns wrote: Man, I am glad you knew I was not trying to come off as a douche...haha...but yeah, I know EVERYONE with this set is excited......

D-Bag free comment! :lol: It is easy to overlook the care required to produce a kit that will combine 5 expensive figures without damage. I don't think anyone(designer or customer) want to experience the CrazyDevy Predaking wing fiasco! :lol: Sorry, perhaps nothing to laugh at...

It's a well known fact that no one want to drop $60 on something only to have it destroy a $250 figure.

Another reason why I don't support CrazyDevy.

I hope the combined mode doesn't look fat. I want something fairly slim.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby Grimlock1979 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:30 pm

Motto: "till ALL are Dinobots!^^"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
Me Grimlock say:
Very nice Voice in the Prime Review Video! Sounds like Peter Cullen. Me Grimlock love that! :APPLAUSE:

But Grimlock is also angry now when he must see, what they do with these Animated Stunticons, that he missed to order a collection of them at right time. They would be the first Animated Combiners? O'rly! It makes Grimlock very horny for more Animated Toys! =P~

But me Grimlock is much more hornier on the Hercules Combiner from TFC Custom Toys. Me want that Stuff! But Swoop isn't back now with the parcel. Me Grimlock Leader of the Dinobots want success! NOW! :KREMZEEK:
Grimlock1979
Mini-Con
Watch Grimlock1979 on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:48 pm

UltraPrimal wrote:Aren't they the ones doing the RTS G2 Optimus upgrade too? Man, I want that thing so bad... Especially the inevitable Scourge repaint. ;)^

Actually that is Maketoys with the RTS G2 Optimus Prime upgrade.

LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander

Previous

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230207 1D (CA) Lee + Chung"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230205 1B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #8 Cvr D RI 1:10 IDW Comics FEB231509 8D 8RI (CA) Qualano"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ZC 1:15 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249145 3ZC (CA)Liefeld"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #4 Cvr D Boom Studios Comics 2023 JAN230390 4D (CA) Gibson"
MMPR TMNT II #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics SEP221734 3RI (CA) Qualano 230103B"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2023 OCT221764 4RI (CA) Santtos"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #140 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 APR231609 140B Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA)Eastman"
TMNT #140 Cvr B ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #1 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics 2021 MAY210225 1A MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr O 1:15 Foil Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240202 3O Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT SPLINTERED FATE #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JUN231481 1A (CA) Verdugo"
TMNT SPLINTERED FA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr F Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230209 1F (CA) Action Figure"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr F action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240110 2F (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #3 Cvr D RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 SEP221734 3RI (CA) Qualano"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON