This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

MakeToy update: Build (Devastator) Revealed

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

MakeToy update: Build (Devastator) Revealed

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:56 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
The new up and coming 3rd party company MakeToy has updated it's website. And man is it a huge update!
the update gives us the first look at prototypes of their upcoming Constructicon figures, yes the pictures are blurred, but you know what's not blurred? The combined form!
Click ether here or any of the images to see the original update on their website!

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: MakeToy update: Build (Devastator) Revealed

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:59 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Holy F**K. :shock:
Is it me or does this actually look cooler than the TFC one?

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Flux Convoy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:02 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Dead Metal wrote:Holy F**K. :shock:
Is it me or does this actually look cooler than the TFC one?

It isn't just you man. That looks effing fantastic! Exgraver order is so freaking cancelled, he doesn't even know. I'd rather throw my money to these guys anyway. I'm pretty blown away by how awesome that looks!
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby ShardFenix » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:20 am

that is just pure sex appeal...now for the inevitable soul crushing price that put it sadly out of my price range
ShardFenix
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby alldarker » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:23 am

Motto: "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
Weapon: Vibro-Force Gun
Ah... This is A LOT more like it!
I called it all the way back when the first pictures of TFC's Exgraver (and not-Long Haul) appeared, that I really didn't like what I was seeing. I'm very glad I never ever had any wish to buy TFC's version of Devastator.

Even though Maketoy's version is a lot smaller, it already looks much, much better, and at least this is a FINISHED Devastator with the separate parts all complete!

Can't wait to see more, and getting ready to start my own little Maketoys fund...
I'm so meta, even this acronym...
alldarker
Brainmaster
News Credits: 7
Buy from alldarker on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby sj88nc » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:24 am

dam i have to cancel my tfc pre order when is this one coming it out it looks more to scale with my fansproject upgraded bruticus. hope it dont cost to much
Last edited by sj88nc on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
sj88nc
Mini-Con

Postby 0ptimus Prime » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:24 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Depending on the size and price of this, TFC's MasterPiece style price for deluxe sized? figures should be losing altitude right about now. THIS one is most likely not as big, but THIS one actually looks like Devastator!
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

PSN ID:OptimusPrime-74
0ptimus Prime
Micromaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Dread_Wing » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:35 am

Motto: "We Decepticons are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun!"
Weapon: Laser-Guided Electro-Kinetic Blasters
Wow, that looks beautiful. I cannot cancel my preorder of Exgraver :BANG_HEAD: , but this may prevent me getting the rest of the TFClub constructicons unless they drop the price.

Just, wow. :APPLAUSE:
Dread_Wing
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Jehuty » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:44 am

*fap fap fap* ooooh god show me the face, SHOW ME THE FACE!!! If it's the devastator head I'm looking for exgraver and tfc is so cancelled.

*couple of things

-Chest plate seems a little too small for my liking
-Big metal screw going through not-scavenger's tire
-Not scrapper's "not devastator's" foot isn't rigid enough and looks like it might give way to the weight of the rest of the figure.
-not-mixmaster's cab looks too far extended for making a compact foot.
Jehuty
Mini-Con

Postby Sodan-1 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:58 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
*GULP* That does look rather nice actually. =P~ Much more faithful to the G1 original. The wheels on the wrists look like the extra parts required for the combined mode might integrate with the vehicle forms. And the individual robot modes look pretty cool aswell (from what you can see, anyway). I'm not too keen on "Mixmasters" drum forming his legs, but that might not be his drum I'm looking at. It might not even be "Mixmaster". :P

Cliche I know, but size does matter to me. I've already kind of resigned myself to getting TFClub's set (depending how the first two turn out), but if the price is right I may go for this too.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby Dread_Wing » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:01 am

Motto: "We Decepticons are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun!"
Weapon: Laser-Guided Electro-Kinetic Blasters
Damn, I do not know if I am allowed to post this picture here or not, if not please feel free to remove it:

Looks like it is designed to fit in with FP Bruticus and Superion.
Dread_Wing
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Jehuty » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:08 am

Aww not-mixmaster has a line going straight through him in that leg mode that makes it a lot less appealing...and the search for the perfect g1 Devastator head continues...feet not looking the most sturdy, hopefully this thing'll have some decent size to it.
Jehuty
Mini-Con

Postby Flux Convoy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:09 am

Dread_Wing wrote:Damn, I do not know if I am allowed to post this picture here or not, if not please feel free to remove it:

Oh, WOW! I'm sold.
Flux Convoy
City Commander

Postby alldarker » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:10 am

Motto: "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
Weapon: Vibro-Force Gun
From what I can figure out, the individual modes (top to bottom) are:
- Mixmaster
- Scrapper
- Scavenger
- Long Haul
- Hook
- Bonecrusher

And that's an excellent reference picture, Dread_Wing! Just as expected, all the components are roughly scout-size.
I'm so meta, even this acronym...
alldarker
Brainmaster
News Credits: 7
Buy from alldarker on eBay
Strength: 10+
Speed: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Sodan-1 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:11 am

DAMMIT DREAD_WING! That picture doesn't just make me want this even more. It makes me want to hunt down Universe Bruticus and FansProject's Crossfire 02. Curse you!
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby Rated X » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:11 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I took a little time on my "not break" (offically goofing off at work) to check out this thread. I threw a "not fit" (silently pouted) when I realized that I cant cancel my TCC Exgraver. But its all good, I think I will end up buying both sets. One displayed in vechicle/robot modes and one in combiner form. Then Ill rotate them every few months. Gonna cost me an arm and a leg, but my current expenses should allow it. When the girlfriend wants kids, I will do like some of you guys on here and simply tell her "PASS" ;)

PS: Who ever has enlarged small images for our viewing pleasure in the past, can you shrink the indivdual robot photos to give us a higher resolution with more detail ???
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby kirbenvost » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:11 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Flux Convoy wrote:
Dread_Wing wrote:Damn, I do not know if I am allowed to post this picture here or not, if not please feel free to remove it:

Oh, WOW! I'm sold.

OH MY PRIMUS. YES. I want it badly. I just hope the pricing is similar to FP's. If they can offer 1 of these a month for say... $40-$50, I am so on board. :PRAY: No wonder FP wasn't going to do their own Devastator!
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby MINDVVIPE » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:15 am

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
That looks absolutely amazing, I definitely want this much more than the TFclub one or whatever.
I'm getting this... one way or the other... later than sooner, its going to be mine. The Autobots have no chance now. :CON: :twisted:
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Cshen » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:18 am

This is looking pretty good. Looks like most of it would be integrated into alt modes. Not Long Haul's hands look like they become NotDevy's hands. I'm liking the proportions on these guys a lot better than TFC's. I might end up getting both sets, depending on the price of this one.
Cshen
Mini-Con

Postby DevastaTTor » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:23 am

Here's a novel idea; actually show us the complete gestalt instead of cobbled together bits of one. Well done MakeToy! I never was onboard with the TFC version and these pictures are the final nails in the coffin.

THIS is the 3P "Devastator" we've been waiting for!
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Trikeboy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:27 am

That is a beautiful combined mode, however, before everyone jumps ship from the TFC Hercules, there are a few things to consider. 1. We can't see the bot modes for the individual Constructicons. From the blurry pics, they aren't impressing me with their possible movie asthetic, yet. 2. The TFC limbs are fully incorporated into the fig (Exgraver's treads are Hercules' forearms). 3. These are prototype pics, no idea when or if they are going to be released. 4. No price has been revealed, they could cost more than Hercules.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby MINDVVIPE » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:31 am

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Trikeboy wrote:That is a beautiful combined mode, however, before everyone jumps ship from the TFC Hercules, there are a few things to consider. 1. We can't see the bot modes for the individual Constructicons. From the blurry pics, they aren't impressing me with their possible movie asthetic, yet. 2. The TFC limbs are fully incorporated into the fig (Exgraver's treads are Hercules' forearms). 3. These are prototype pics, no idea when or if they are going to be released. 4. No price has been revealed, they could cost more than Hercules.

I acually like the aesthetic more, least from what I can tell so far, they appear more like bots, rather than the vehicle parts being used as limbs (the treads legs look better here, with the way the feet are at the bottom). And hopefully they are cheaper for each figure since they're smaller than the supposed TFC figures. One thing that looks a bit tricky to me is the way the fore arms and the chest wing would intergrate into the individual bots. I feel like theres going to be a 7th vehicle/piece added in. I hope I'm wrong.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Sodan-1 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:40 am

Trikeboy wrote:That is a beautiful combined mode, however, before everyone jumps ship from the TFC Hercules, there are a few things to consider. 1. We can't see the bot modes for the individual Constructicons. From the blurry pics, they aren't impressing me with their possible movie asthetic, yet. 2. The TFC limbs are fully incorporated into the fig (Exgraver's treads are Hercules' forearms). 3. These are prototype pics, no idea when or if they are going to be released. 4. No price has been revealed, they could cost more than Hercules.

4. Highly unlikely. Each component is smaller than TFClub's.

3. Until recently, all we had from TFClub were prototype pics. I'd say if they've gone this far it's almost certain they will be released. It might not be as soon as people want, but I doubt that'll make a difference when it comes to deciding between the two.

2. As others have said, myself included, the limbs might not be as incorporated as TFClub's, but it does appear as though they can be used in other forms. Again, it wasn't until recently we learned that Exgraver would store everything on his person.

1. At least we have images of all six "Constructicons" from MakeToys. And we get a good idea of their vehicle forms looking at the complete Devastator. We haven't seen anything of TFClub's bulldozer or cement mixer.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby DMSL » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:48 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
While the combined mode looks brilliant i need to see more pictures of the individual bots to decide whether i want this or not. One thing is already throwing me off and that's what also threw me off Bruticus for a while; it's too small. Instead of scout they should be at least deluxe sized. For Devastator i'd actually prefer voyager to be honest. I did get Bruticus but i wish Fansproject made every part of him so the bots would be deluxe sized, except for Onslaught of course he should be voyager sized. Had they made every component he'd be more in scale with the classics figures.

So for now i am leaning more towards the TFC Devy.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Flux Convoy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:52 am

I keep looking at this and I have two very minor gripes. Bruticus got some great hands in his upgrade. These hands aren't terrible but they are a slight step backwards. To their credit, the Bruticus hands were sort of overly posable and these seem simplified. Second, Mixmasters foot portion looks incomplete or hollow as is. Certainly not a deal breaker, it's just the first critical thing I noticed.

I know some folks are griping about possible parts forming and how wildly different the bot modes seem to be. To the first, I have to ask if they've got any other other FP add on kits and why this would be shocking now. Last, as much as I love Constructicons and Devastator, if the option is fantastic renditions of one or the other? It's gonna be the big fella every time.
Flux Convoy
City Commander

Next

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOW STRIKER Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Cyberverse Hasbro 2023 New"
SHADOW STRIKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Lio Convoy 2023 New"
NEMESIS LEO PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TL-58 SILVERBOLT Transformers Legacy United Voyager Beast Wars Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
TL-58 SILVERBOLT T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Megatron Transformers Legacy Core Class G2 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
Megatron Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON