This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Shout! Factory to Release Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 Together

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Shout! Factory to Release Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 Together

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:26 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
According to Tvshowsondvd, Shout! Factory will release seasons 2 and 3 of Beast Wars in a 4 DVD set. It is scheduled to hit retailers on October 4. It will contain bonus features like "Remembering The Spark" Featurette, a Reunion of members of the Voice Cast where they look back on voicing the Maximals and Predacons of Beast Wars; Original Making Of Beast Wars, an Art Gallery, and Original Character Models.

A new war between the Transformers has broken out, but the objectives remain the same...as do the stakes hanging in the balance. Optimus Primal and his valiant Maximals must stop Megatron and the treacherous Predacons from obtaining the Energon necessary to fuel their campaign to conquer the universe. Can Optimus and the Maximals rise to the challenge? The answer awaits in the thrilling conclusion to Transformers: Beast Wars!

-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: Shout! Factory to Release Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 Together

Postby Lord Onixprime » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:53 pm

I've got to wait until October? Can't come soon enough.
Lord Onixprime
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby GetRightRobot » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:15 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
That is AWESOME news. I got the first season and loved it. I admit I was never a Beast Wars fan. I remember just last year picking on a friend who liked it. I was ignorant. This is really a fantastic show, even if the CG is a little dated. It's a slightly more dark and serious CG Transformer show with (as far as I'm aware) no humans! It created a new story arc WHILE paying respect to G1 and not trashing the origins of the franchise....wait, that sounds a lot like some movie discussions I've been involved with... :P
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Lord Onixprime » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:50 pm

GetRightRobot wrote:That is AWESOME news. I got the first season and loved it. I admit I was never a Beast Wars fan. I remember just last year picking on a friend who liked it. I was ignorant. This is really a fantastic show, even if the CG is a little dated. It's a slightly more dark and serious CG Transformer show with (as far as I'm aware) no humans! It created a new story arc WHILE paying respect to G1 and not trashing the origins of the franchise....wait, that sounds a lot like some movie discussions I've been involved with... :P

Season 2 gets a bit iffy at times, but IMO it gets stronger again in season 3.
Lord Onixprime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I'm more inclined to get the complete series DVD set instead.

Is that one an online exclusive, or can it be purchased in stores?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby jON3.0 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:36 pm

Motto: ""Who you callin' a robot chicken?""
Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
Bout time! I can finally get Season 2!!! I got to see Headmasters in hand today too! I can't wait to get them all and finally see Headmasters.
JON BAILEY
http://epicvoiceguy.com
Follow me on Stardust, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter & Facebook @epicvoiceguy!
voices of Optimus, Shockwave & Soundwave
jON3.0
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 127
Watch jON3.0 on YouTube
Buy from jON3.0 on eBay
Alt Mode: Ferrari
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby GetRightRobot » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:44 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Lord Onixprime wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:That is AWESOME news. I got the first season and loved it. I admit I was never a Beast Wars fan. I remember just last year picking on a friend who liked it. I was ignorant. This is really a fantastic show, even if the CG is a little dated. It's a slightly more dark and serious CG Transformer show with (as far as I'm aware) no humans! It created a new story arc WHILE paying respect to G1 and not trashing the origins of the franchise....wait, that sounds a lot like some movie discussions I've been involved with... :P

Season 2 gets a bit iffy at times, but IMO it gets stronger again in season 3.

I've been told once Optimal Optimus comes onto the scene, things get pretty awesome. I've had that figure for years and can't wait to see him in action. Honestly, I haven't been this excited to see a Transformer show or movie since I found Masterforce bootlegs at an anime convention 3 years ago. I can understand why so many people want Beast Wars characters inducted into the Hall of Fame, they are well developed characters, except for Cheetor. In season, IMO, he's a douche.
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity

Postby Darth Bombshell » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:42 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Sabrblade wrote:Is that one an online exclusive, or can it be purchased in stores?

It's an online exclusive now, but should be in stores at the same time as this.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6

Postby D-340 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:41 am

October huh? I only need season 2(I have Rhino's 1 and 3, somehow missed 2), but that's a nice set.

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Headmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:58 am

Darth Bombshell wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Is that one an online exclusive, or can it be purchased in stores?

It's an online exclusive now, but should be in stores at the same time as this.
So, all I have to do is wait for this set to come out and then the complete series set (that includes the comic) will be out in stores too?

Will the same happen for the Complete Japanese Collection DVD set too? Or, will that stay an online exclusive?

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Darth Bombshell » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:36 pm

Sabrblade wrote:So, all I have to do is wait for this set to come out and then the complete series set (that includes the comic) will be out in stores too?

Presumably. The way it's usually worked with Shout is that they sell the complete series DVD set at the same day the first season set is available in stores, then make the complete series available in stores on the same day that they release the last season set. They've done this before with the G1 set, along with their releases of the complete GI Joe and Reboot series.

Sabrblade wrote:Will the same happen for the Complete Japanese Collection DVD set too? Or, will that stay an online exclusive?

An insert for the Headmasters series says that it will be available in stores (I forget when), so presumable it will be out when they release the Victory set (which, if my math is correct on the subject, won't be till March 2012 at the earliest.)
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:04 am

Darth Bombshell wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:So, all I have to do is wait for this set to come out and then the complete series set (that includes the comic) will be out in stores too?

Presumably. The way it's usually worked with Shout is that they sell the complete series DVD set at the same day the first season set is available in stores, then make the complete series available in stores on the same day that they release the last season set. They've done this before with the G1 set, along with their releases of the complete GI Joe and Reboot series.

Sabrblade wrote:Will the same happen for the Complete Japanese Collection DVD set too? Or, will that stay an online exclusive?

An insert for the Headmasters series says that it will be available in stores (I forget when), so presumable it will be out when they release the Victory set (which, if my math is correct on the subject, won't be till March 2012 at the earliest.)
If you could see what the insert said, it would be much appreciated. :D

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Darth Bombshell » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:53 am

Sabrblade wrote:If you could see what the insert said, it would be much appreciated. :D

Found the insert last night. Unfortunately, all it says is "Transformers Japanese Collection - 13 Dics Set - Coming Soon". There isn't even any cover artwork.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Bumblebee 40 ADHESIVE BANDAGES lot w/ 2 packs of 20 Aso Hasbro New"
Transformers Bumbl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Leader Class Volvo VNR Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 ReAction Orange 2023 New"
HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANTA OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 5 Holiday Christmas 2021"
SANTA OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class complete 2015 230615A"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Robot Fighters OPTIMUS PRIME + MEGATRON Transformers Movie complete Hasbro 2007"
Robot Fighters OPT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BASH ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Ultra 2019 New"
BASH ATTACK OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "World's Smallest Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME 1.25" Micro Action Figure Authentic"
World's Smallest T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Micro Machines Hauler Playset G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gacha Arms Microns Takara Tomy 2012"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rise of the Beasts Autobots Unite Spark Chargers ROTB New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON