This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons

Postby STINGRAY749 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:01 am

Motto: "This is your end Rampage."
Weapon: Underwater Cannons
Thanks for the advice to all of you. Now I just have to get to my local tjmax, and if I don't find him I can always go to crave. Then I will get tank for Xmas.

3DS Friend Code: 2208-5040-1208
STINGRAY749
Targetmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby El Duque » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:09 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
We have some new release information and color images of MakeToy's upcoming "Tank" upgrade set for Reveal the Shield/United Optimus Prime courtesy of Upgrade Commander. It appears the set will feature an electronic light-up gimmick for the large translucent sword. The last image reveals a battery pack with wires leading to the sword's hilt. According to Upgrade Commander the set will cost 7,999 yen (approximately $100.00) and is scheduled to release in November. Images mirrored below.

Last edited by El Duque on Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Heavy B » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:16 am

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
REALLLLLLLLLLLY holding out for classics RID scourge...but DAMN thats beautiful
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:20 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
That looks fantastic. My goodness.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Prime Evil » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:45 am

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Nice. I wish I would have been able to snag a United version of this Prime, but still looks good with RTS.
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby GuyIncognito » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:02 am

That is awesome! Now I'm glad I got RTS OP, even though I wasn't crazy about him at first.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby wewyllenium » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:22 am

Cool. Now I need to find Prime for this release. I'm just a bit concerned about the trailer's clearance to the ground. It seems a bit low.
wewyllenium
Fuzor
News Credits: 4
Watch wewyllenium on YouTube
Buy from wewyllenium on eBay

Postby KnightStrike » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:33 am

Motto: "Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy."
Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
I'll be honest, I was hoping the price would max around $75, but I am going to have to get one of these. It looks gorgeous in color and I already snagged a RTS Prime at TJ Maxx for $8 after the first announcement about this was posted. I managed to talk myself out of the other 3rd party trailers released for Prime so far, but I don't think I can pass this one up. Kind of wish they had left out the electronic light up feature just so the price would have been lower, never personally been a fan of things like that since I don't like leaving batteries in things due to acid leakage and its not like its a lamp you can leave on while its displayed on a shelf.
KnightStrike
Targetmaster
Buy from KnightStrike on eBay

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:55 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Does he come with 2 upgrade heads? Looks buttkicking GREAT! I hope quality is at par with FP.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Astronopolis » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:58 am

looks good. why drifts sword?
Astronopolis
Fuzor

Postby Flux Convoy » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:59 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
That price is kinda terrible for how rough this looks. I certainly don't want or need wires hanging out of my Transformers either. These kinds of things are targeted releases at primarily older fans with disposable income. Why can't we get such a thing without a play feature most of us wouldn't ever use or care about? I'm feeling pretty frustrated with this because I'm so disappointed. Oversized hands aren't giving me the warm and fuzzies either.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby whacko » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:14 am

Weapon: Proton Rifle
Could we get it without all the light up battery powered crap and bring the price down to like $60?
whacko
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Shadowstream » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:16 am

Weapon: No Weapon
WOAH! That is f***ing steep for an add on! I never paid nearly as much for FP sets, and as great as this thing looks, I'm not gonna start here!

Goddamn it! :BANG_HEAD:
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Nothing Hasbro does surprises me anymore, their ineptitude is legendary!

Burn wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:It's quite clear they dun dropped the ball, but did they have to drop it so far and so hard?

It's FunPub. It's their specialty.

I'm a killjoy, and proud of it!
don't take that to mean I'm a killjoy just because I can be, though...
Shadowstream
Headmaster

Postby KnightStrike » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:17 am

Motto: "Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy."
Flux Convoy wrote:That price is kinda terrible for how rough this looks. I certainly don't want or need wires hanging out of my Transformers either. These kinds of things are targeted releases at primarily older fans with disposable income. Why can't we get such a thing without a play feature most of us wouldn't ever use or care about? I'm feeling pretty frustrated with this because I'm so disappointed. Oversized hands aren't giving me the warm and fuzzies either.

I have to agree with Flux Convoy on the light up sword bit. It seems out of place for an adult focused toy that is going to range around $100. It would be nice if they offered two versions, one including the electronics and one without. Other than what would be a useless feature for me, I really like the look of this set. Can't help but think the price would be much lower if they hadn't put in the electronic gimmicks though.
KnightStrike
Targetmaster

Postby KnightStrike » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:21 am

I was afraid I was being negative about this so it makes me feel better to see I'm not the only one who thinks the electronic gimmick is unnecessary and that the price is too high. I really want to get this set, but have a feeling if I miss it when its released I'll never be able to afford it on the secondary market.
KnightStrike
Targetmaster

Postby Doctor McGrath » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:27 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Flux Convoy wrote:That price is kinda terrible for how rough this looks. I certainly don't want or need wires hanging out of my Transformers either. These kinds of things are targeted releases at primarily older fans with disposable income. Why can't we get such a thing without a play feature most of us wouldn't ever use or care about? I'm feeling pretty frustrated with this because I'm so disappointed. Oversized hands aren't giving me the warm and fuzzies either.

I agree with your thoughts on the hands but I kind of think they look oversized due to the picture angle. The prototype pictures, if I remember correctly, didn't look that huge. I'd rather have closed fist hands anyway.

Besides that, I'm really liking what I see. I could care less about lights but everything else looks great. The trailer mode looks excellent.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Blackstreak » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:30 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
I'm kind of glad I didn't buy a Classics G2 Prime. $100 for the upgrade is a bit steep for me at the moment. However, I do like what they have so far. I wonder if the trailer converts into a base also.

An upgrade package that turns Classics G1 Prime into a Powermaster would still be awesome, and the add-on would have be compatible w/ the G3 Trailer, or perhaps even the BTS trailer.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Sodan-1 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:30 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
I'm not getting the same tingle as I got when they released the initial prototype images, but that's usually how it is. The hands do indeed seem a tad big, don't they? Colour me unsure.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby LaserDawg1981 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:31 am

Motto: ""I have awaken""
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
i cant wait to see more pics of this its turning out to look great i might have to get me a set.
LaserDawg1981
Mini-Con
Buy from LaserDawg1981 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby KnightStrike » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:44 am

Blackstreak wrote:I'm kind of glad I didn't buy a Classics G2 Prime. $100 for the upgrade is a bit steep for me at the moment. However, I do like what they have so far. I wonder if the trailer converts into a base also.

An upgrade package that turns Classics G1 Prime into a Powermaster would still be awesome, and the add-on would have be compatible w/ the G3 Trailer, or perhaps even the BTS trailer.

Not sure if it converts into a base exactly, but the prototype pics in the initial post of this thread show it in a howitzer type mode and one mode with Prime standing behind it that looks like either a shield mode, telecom station, or something along those lines.
KnightStrike
Targetmaster

Postby Court Jester » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:45 am

So. It. Begins.
Court Jester

Postby DevastaTTor » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:59 am

I like it but would rather them ditch the electronics and chrome the trailer. Oh, and drop the price about $20.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:03 am

I think the electronics is what makes the trailer cost so much. It's a nice throwback, to make this a real laser rod prime, but I'd ratehr have a price drop as well.

I'm with others thinking the hands are too big, but ... it's a ncie set.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby KnightStrike » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:06 am

The more I look at the color pics the more that those wires hanging from the sword to backpack bother me. They look sort of cheap and out of place. Makes Prime look more like some kind of Gundam having a sword that has to be plugged in with wires hanging about.
"I am Optimus Pri.... hey, Wheeljack have you seen my extension cord? There are Decepticons at the door and my sword's AAAs are dead."
KnightStrike
Targetmaster

Postby kirbenvost » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:14 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
whacko wrote:Could we get it without all the light up battery powered crap and bring the price down to like $60?

Yeah, that would be nice. I'm not digging the wired sword either. I guess it could look cool lit up, but it's not like I can have it on all the time, so I'd rather just have it more affordable and not have wires hanging out of the sword. I hope the light is some sort of pod or something that can be removed from the sword. Overall, I dunno, I'm just not as excited as I was about the first proto pics. Maybe it's the fact that these pics aren't exactly the highest quality, and I'm a little bummed about the price.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Courage: 8
Skill: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON