This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Nominus Prime by Alex Milne

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Nominus Prime by Alex Milne

Postby johnnetee » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:06 am

Mindmaster wrote:This doesn't take place within the G1 universe... or does it? If it does, I apologize, never read Ongoing before. :lol:

Well, that's always been the issue since Beast Wars, hasn't it? What continuum are we talking about here?... These are the G1 Characters but are they from the original G1 history/timeline and are we talking comic-verse or cartoon? I believe the purpose of Ongoing is to eventually unite ALL the timelines into one timeline. Beast Wars eventually led back to G1. As have other generations. Chaos begins... :0)
johnnetee
Mini-Con
Watch johnnetee on YouTube

Postby El Duque » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:41 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Once again artist Alex Milne has updated his deviantART page with several pieces of concept art from his work on IDW's Transformers Ongoing title. Below we have line art and a color map for Rung, line art for pre-war Megatron in robot and mining machine modes, line art for Swingarm's motorcyle mode, and a color map for Nominus Prime. Visit Milne's deviantART gallery to read his commentary on these pieces.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby lowman_x » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:43 am

Motto: "It's all about perspective."
Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
Firstly, Nominus Prime was after Nova Prime as can be seen by the fact that Orion Pax and the nameless senator are talking together next to the Ark-1 memorial so it's safe to assume that Nominus was the Prime after Nova went missing (though I'm sketchy on how the Matrix didn't go with Nova on the voyage...). There's also Sentinel Prime to come yet before Optimus.

I reckon at this time that once the "true" Autobots start to form against the corrupt government that they might have chosen to stick with more ground-based alt-modes to differentiate themselves from the corrupt senators as much as possible. Most of the government senators have sleek, aerodynamic designs which alludes to aircraft alt-modes. As to Nominus being a jet, well, why not? That's what was "in" at the time.

*shrug* My two cents worth.

As to those asking whether this is G1 or not: no, it's not "G1". It's a different iteration of what we grew up with. It's not going to tie in with the cartoon or the 80s comic. This was a reboot of the franchise from the get-go and is taking ideas that existed before and reshaping them and giving us new stuff on top of that to boot.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound narky, I just get annoyed with people who go "OMG!!! That's not how it went in the [insert whichever iteration of TF you grew up with in the 80s and 90s here]!!!1! SACRILEGE!!!!1!!11!" Seriously? You just want a re-hashing of old material? Well, there's a plethora of it out there, go and reminisce to your heart's content.

Now, let me prepare for the flaming hot bile coming my way in......

:P
"I've got better things to do tonight than die."
lowman_x
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Spacecraft
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby dinogeist » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:46 am

El Duque wrote:Once again artist Alex Milne has updated his deviantART page with several pieces of concept art from his work on IDW's Transformers Ongoing title. Below we have line art and a color map for Rung, line art for pre-war Megatron in robot and mining machine modes, line art for Swingarm's motorcyle mode, and a color map for Nominus Prime. Visit Milne's deviantART gallery to read his commentary on these pieces.

I don't like alex milne's art. IMO,It pales in comparision to don Figuerroa's.

Don Figuerroa at the very least tried real hard to make it look like the robot & alt mode could transform into each other & look like they could be made into actual toys.

alex milne's art is the exact oppossite on don figuerroa's. as far as alex's TF not looking like the bot mode can transform into the alt mode. alex's TF art don't look like they can be made into actual toys.

Alex milnes TF art in this reply looks like he borrowed stuff from TF Zone & beastmachines. that 2 weheeled motorcycle looks like it was borrowed from a basic sized beastmachines motorcycle drone thrust toy. those senate leaders all look like TF ZONE 1990 Diatulas. Nominius prime's alt mode look like a power ranger space zord alt mode. All those rockets on the back pack & added stuff on nominus's prime's robot mode. looks a bit overly done,kinda amateurish & doesn't look like it can be hidden nor blend that great into the transformed vechicle alt mode. it's the equivelant of a boy in grammar school getting overly hyped up/carried away & adding extra details on his art work that just isn't needed & make the over all art pieces look like garbage/overly done & just awful.
dinogeist
Godmaster

Postby Supreme Convoy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:51 am

Wow, didn't realize Nominus Prime was based on Thunderwing.
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:55 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
@ Sideways

Based on the IDW Universe, the 'cons rise to power was after Megs killed Sentinel. Starscream got recruited to the cause while Sentinel was still functional.

In the Blurr Spotlight, old Starscream tried to recruit Blurr, who later was convinced by a soldier (who looked suspiciously like a young Optimus) to try to make a difference and try to save Zeta.

So I'd appreciate a correction from a more knowledgeable source, but, then again, this is IDW, their story lines have plot holes the size Optimus' truck mode can plow through.........
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby dinogeist » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:05 am

fenrir72 wrote:@ Sideways

Based on the IDW Universe, the 'cons rise to power was after Megs killed Sentinel. Starscream got recruited to the cause while Sentinel was still functional.

In the Blurr Spotlight, old Starscream tried to recruit Blurr, who later was convinced by a soldier (who looked suspiciously like a young Optimus) to try to make a difference and try to save Zeta.

So I'd appreciate a correction from a more knowledgeable source, but, then again, this is IDW, their story lines have plot holes the size Optimus' truck mode can plow through.........

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

This is just my random guessing after reading issue #23 of the IDW TF G-1 comic toy.

I think the Senator who be-friends & repairs orion pax at the end of issue #23 is Aplha trion.

Because in the generation one cartoon. alpha trion rebuilds optimus & gives him the matrix.

the senator who repairs optimus in issue #23 mentions that he created a chest cavity hole inside optimus primes chest. it's sorta hinted that optimus will get the mastrix & put it inside his chest cavity.

I suspose since alpha trion is old,it makes sense for him to be a senator.

I seem to remember that alpha trion was a corrupt senator in one of the dreamwave TF comics. I think it was the DW TF G-1 on-going. But I suspose it might have been DW TF's Energon comic,where aplha trion was a corrupt senator.
dinogeist
Godmaster

Postby starwarrior1227 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:21 am

Motto: "''How you use that knowledge is the other half of the battle.''"
Weapon: Twin Concussion Blasters
Rung looks like an older wheelie that has a job as a messenger/mail-bot,
i prefer Swingarm's 1st design,
and i want a Nominus prime figure more than ever!
"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow creaks in these petty Hz from day to day, to the last segment of recorded data and all our yester-cycles have guided fools the way to rusty death- Out,out brief spark! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor shot that struts and frets his hour upon the field. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of cries and bullets, signifying nothing..."-Macbot
starwarrior1227
Vehicon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10
Skill: Infinity

Postby guarayakha » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:51 am

Rung looks like a Transformer X DeadSpace crossover character. Someone, give him the plasma cutter!
guarayakha
Targetmaster

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:26 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
@ deathy

Nope. Alpha Trion was never a Senator in the DW comic. But Starscream did assassinate one of the surviving senators(one who look similar but sure as hell was not Gravitas)
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Optimus Primevil » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:48 am

Astronopolis wrote:i really like how that looks, even though he seems to have been channeling Gundam ZZ: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/zz/msz-010.htm

super mode/apex armor nominus = full-armor ZZ gundam?
Optimus Primevil
Fuzor

Postby Heavy B » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:48 am

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
this megatron is interesting. I hope hasbro gets to making a toy of him
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby BeastProwl » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:55 pm

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
That Orange guy's alt mode on earth would be a smart car,
I can see that megatron as a deluxe, we'd want a voyager, sure, but it's hasbro, lets be realistic.
As For ZZ Prime, I don't know if a toy is even possible. maybe if you mod animated deluxe or voyager mgatron....

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Strength: 10+
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby trence5 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:37 pm

Motto: "I GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO TONIGHT THAN DIE!"
Weapon: Photon Eliminator Rifle
Don't get me wrong, he cool looking character, and design is awesome, props to Alex Milne. But Image I kinda wish they'd just name Vector Prime and been done with it
trence5
Combiner
Strength: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby agentk9 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:23 am

lowman_x wrote:Firstly, Nominus Prime was after Nova Prime as can be seen by the fact that Orion Pax and the nameless senator are talking together next to the Ark-1 memorial so it's safe to assume that Nominus was the Prime after Nova went missing (though I'm sketchy on how the Matrix didn't go with Nova on the voyage...). There's also Sentinel Prime to come yet before Optimus.

I reckon at this time that once the "true" Autobots start to form against the corrupt government that they might have chosen to stick with more ground-based alt-modes to differentiate themselves from the corrupt senators as much as possible. Most of the government senators have sleek, aerodynamic designs which alludes to aircraft alt-modes. As to Nominus being a jet, well, why not? That's what was "in" at the time.

*shrug* My two cents worth.

As to those asking whether this is G1 or not: no, it's not "G1". It's a different iteration of what we grew up with. It's not going to tie in with the cartoon or the 80s comic. This was a reboot of the franchise from the get-go and is taking ideas that existed before and reshaping them and giving us new stuff on top of that to boot.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound narky, I just get annoyed with people who go "OMG!!! That's not how it went in the [insert whichever iteration of TF you grew up with in the 80s and 90s here]!!!1! SACRILEGE!!!!1!!11!" Seriously? You just want a re-hashing of old material? Well, there's a plethora of it out there, go and reminisce to your heart's content.

Now, let me prepare for the flaming hot bile coming my way in......

:P

Thanx for that explanation. One, such as myself, really needs it as i stopped reading the comic at issue 6 after realizing that Mike Costa's version of TF's was too foreign to me. Add that to the inconsistent art teams and amount of time that went by, i felt I'd been away far too long to jump back in again.

on to the whole G1 thing... (no, i wont spit hot bile lol)

I don't think those who love g1 want rehashes, just consistency and continuity; an expansion if you will. TF has TONS of characters with well established personalities. So many, in fact, that you don't need so many rewrites and reboots. Let's just fill in the gaps and plot holes instead of creating new ones. After all, that's why Furman & Wildman are about to finish the Marvel series. Heck, they have yet to clean up the DW plot. Personally, I'd love to see where THAT was headed. Time to clean the mess up so we can have proper continuity and history to the mythos that we love.

I'm all for new ideas, stories and characters. But why does the new have to be so disjointed from the familiar? I say let's get a bit of both, eh? Just get the story right along the way. ;)
agentk9
Mini-Con

Postby trence5 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:16 pm

ImageI bet one of those dime store knock-off, or wannabe transformers, like what I saw in Family Dollar store in San Antonio, could be customized into this guy ImageImage
trence5
Combiner

Postby trence5 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:07 am

Oh crap :shock: You mean he has a figure out alread?!?

An exclusive only at F. D...............................................................

Wait, F.D. store... Family Dollar stores?!?

PSYKE :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry I had to do that, just think what good kitbasher could do with this guy, huh 8) 8)
trence5
Combiner

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #114 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2023 SEP230080 114B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr T LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney DEC220638 3T (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr Q 1:100 Dynamite Comics 2022 Disney OCT220544 1Q (CA) Parrillo"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr Q ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #132 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JUN221669 132RI Ninja Turtles (CA) Leite"
TMNT #132 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #119 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles APR210674 119RI"
TMNT #119 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney NOV220584 2B (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2023 NOV221619 5RI (CA) Qualano"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 MAY231421 3B (CA) Schoening"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr L 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 APR230460 7L (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr M 1:30 action figure variant Dynamite Comics 2022 OCT220554 1M"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #3 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 MAY231434 3D (CA) Federici"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #112 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2023 JUL230120 112C"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #5 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 JUL231257 5C (CA) Suntrup"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 MAY231432 3B (CA) Brown"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON