This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Shout! Factory Transformers – More Than Meets The Eye: Complete Series Slipcase

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Shout! Factory Transformers – More Than Meets The Eye: Complete Series Slipcase

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:48 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Shout! Factory has listened to their fans and has made available a Transformers- More Than Meets The Eye slipcase. This slipcase is made available seperately for those who purchased the individual seasons of Transformers G1 and wants to display them together in a nice little complete series box set. The slipcase is available here.

-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – More Than Meets The Eye: Complete Series Slipcase

Postby BeastProwl » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:08 pm

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Duaaaw!
When I clicked this I was thinking "RID? REALLY? WOOHOO!!!"
:-(
I got them confused for some dumb reason!
8-}

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – More Than Meets The Eye: Complete Series Slipcase

Postby griftimus prime » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
how many times are they going to put this on dvd?
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
griftimus prime wrote:how many times are they going to put this on dvd?
READ the news post. It's not another DVD, it's a CASE for all the individual season sets to be put into for those who purchase those sets over the complete series sets.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Heavy B » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:20 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
that looks like somthing that i would throw out because it serves no purpose and dosn't even come close to making my dvd shelf look nicer.

was SHOUT! going through my trash...AGAIN
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:44 pm

Sooooo...will this be wide enough for all 4 box sets AND a regular DVD case to allow TFTM to be placed between seasons 2 and 3? If not, then this is REALLY pointless to anyone like myself who likes their TF DVDs in chronological order.

Yes, that's a moot point with the order of episodes screwed up within the discs, but still...
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby dinogeist » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:58 pm

$6.99 for a card board slip case then $3.49 in shipping fees then another $1.25 in tax seems like a lot to expect anyone to pay for this.
dinogeist
Godmaster

Postby IAmThePeej » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:02 am

This has actually been available since right around the re-release of the full collection.
Also, to clear up what exactly this is, its a box that is made to house the four boxsets that people bought instead of the full set and cheaper than double dipping for a nice exterior case. It only holds the four boxes and that's it. No space for a product that Shout! Factory didn't release on DVD (TFTM was released by Sony most recently).

EDIT: Also worth noting is Shout! added Beast Wars Seasons 2 & 3 box for purchase the other day. Actually, I think that may be more important than an empty box...
Link: http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.a ... EBBCBD75C4
Your local source for posts that are overly long.
IAmThePeej
Micromaster

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:14 am

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
So I got the HUGE Matrix of Leadership box set, anyone know if the cases from that set will fit into this sleeve?
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby IAmThePeej » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:22 am

JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:So I got the HUGE Matrix of Leadership box set, anyone know if the cases from that set will fit into this sleeve?

There might be too much space. If I recall, the Matrix set had the discs in thinpak cases, right?
This box was made to hold them inside each individual volume case inside of this case. Then again I could be wrong.
IAmThePeej
Micromaster

Postby Sunspot » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:15 am

Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
This has been around for ages. I saw it on HMV's website like four months ago.
Sunspot
Mini-Con
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 5

Postby Bouncy X » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:03 pm

i guess thats sorta nice of them but it seems any fan who would wanna own this show would have either bought the original matrix collection or the complete set in that same box.

i can't imagine any reason a fan would buy the individual seasons. but like i said, its nice of them anyway for those who might have or maybe for people who received individual seasons as a gift or something.
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:04 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Bouncy X wrote:i can't imagine any reason a fan would buy the individual seasons. but like i said, its nice of them anyway for those who might have or maybe for people who received individual seasons as a gift or something.
It's cheaper to get the individual sets than the collector's sets, so some take that route to save money.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8

Postby dinogeist » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:03 pm

Bouncy X wrote:i guess thats sorta nice of them but it seems any fan who would wanna own this show would have either bought the original matrix collection or the complete set in that same box.

i can't imagine any reason a fan would buy the individual seasons. but like i said, its nice of them anyway for those who might have or maybe for people who received individual seasons as a gift or something.

#1 Reason to save money.
dinogeist
Godmaster

Postby Bouncy X » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:11 pm

deathy wrote:
Bouncy X wrote:i guess thats sorta nice of them but it seems any fan who would wanna own this show would have either bought the original matrix collection or the complete set in that same box.

#1 Reason to save money.

then i hope there aren't any Law & Order fans on here, just read they are releasing the complete 20 seasons of the original series for like 699.99 dollars...craaazy. lol
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby IAmThePeej » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:01 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Bouncy X wrote:i can't imagine any reason a fan would buy the individual seasons. but like i said, its nice of them anyway for those who might have or maybe for people who received individual seasons as a gift or something.
It's cheaper to get the individual sets than the collector's sets, so some take that route to save money.

No its not, at my local Best Buy, I've seen the full set for about $65, while the individual volumes are $20 each. Last time I did the math, $20 x 4 volumes = $80 plus tax.
And on Shout!'s website the full set is $54.99 right now, while the individual volumes are $20 each as well. This is how it usually is, the complete set may seem like a huge amount, but its a one time investment that does end up being cheaper when compared to buying it over a length of time as single volume purchases. Even after tax and shipping, its less than buying them all individually, unless you are low on money, then buying each volume over time is better at the expense of costing more.

Bouncy X wrote:then i hope there aren't any Law & Order fans on here, just read they are releasing the complete 20 seasons of the original series for like 699.99 dollars...craaazy. lol

I did a quick search and each volume of Law & Order is about $36 - $37 each season. Some are over $40. Let's say that each season is $37, just to take the middle ground, $37 x 20 seasons = $740. That complete set for $699.99 sounds better to me than the other price..
IAmThePeej
Micromaster

Postby dinogeist » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:46 pm

IAmThePeej wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

No its not, at my local Best Buy, I've seen the full set for about $65, while the individual volumes are $20 each. Last time I did the math, $20 x 4 volumes = $80 plus tax.
And on Shout!'s website the full set is $54.99 right now, while the individual volumes are $20 each as well. This is how it usually is, the complete set may seem like a huge amount, but its a one time investment that does end up being cheaper when compared to buying it over a length of time as single volume purchases. Even after tax and shipping, its less than buying them all individually, unless you are low on money, then buying each volume over time is better at the expense of costing more.

Bouncy X wrote:then i hope there aren't any Law & Order fans on here, just read they are releasing the complete 20 seasons of the original series for like 699.99 dollars...craaazy. lol

I did a quick search and each volume of Law & Order is about $36 - $37 each season. Some are over $40. Let's say that each season is $37, just to take the middle ground, $37 x 20 seasons = $740. That complete set for $699.99 sounds better to me than the other price..

To be fair,most are referring to when the Shout TF G-1 seasons/parts first came out. not months/year late when web sites/stores put the items on clearance.

most when the TF G-1 Shout seasons first came out. found it cheaper to get them individually by the seasons/parts. because when they FIRST came out the complete set was more money.

To be fair,If I really looked harder enough on ebay,amazon or in stores. I could find the invidual shout TF G-1 seasons/parts just as cheap as the shout complete G-1 usa cartoon series
dinogeist
Godmaster

Postby IAmThePeej » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:36 pm

deathy wrote:To be fair,most are referring to when the Shout TF G-1 seasons/parts first came out. not months/year late when web sites/stores put the items on clearance.

most when the TF G-1 Shout seasons first came out. found it cheaper to get them individually by the seasons/parts. because when they FIRST came out the complete set was more money.

To be fair,If I really looked harder enough on ebay,amazon or in stores. I could find the invidual shout TF G-1 seasons/parts just as cheap as the shout complete G-1 usa cartoon series

That was because the full set that was out at that time was the Matrix set, which had a premium price since it contained more than what was included on the individual volumes. As well as a case the size of a freaking Cadillac. Right now the individual set aren't on clearance, if that were the case, the sets would cost between $15-$17 each at most. They are still at the same price of $20 for Season 1 and $25 for sets 2-4. The current box that is out is nothing more than a re-branding of the individual sets with no extras from the Matrix set. Don't put out wrong information.
As for checking Amazon/ eBay for cheaper sets, most of the time, the lower the price, even if it says new, are usually refurbished discs or a nice looking used set that has been re-shrink wrapped. In some cases (as with what happened when I bought the Matrix box for $70) it will be a cheap knock off and the seller won't disclose this or even let you return it half the time. Also, the current sets that are new, are more than likely the same knock offs that I have, the sellers just do not know since the set is completely identical until its opened, and they're selling them for over $180.
For checking in stores, to get the sets for cheaper, its going to be quite hard, since most major retailers will only put one set at a time at a sale price, usually not more than $3-$4 off the original price, or if its a smaller company, there is no chance for finding it new for cheaper. They have a higher overhead when compared to the size of the company to, say, your local Wal-Mart, meaning, they cannot afford to sell them for too much less unless they bought them on a wholesale clearance level. Which isn't any time soon that will happen. Also, think about it, all the money you spend on gas driving around to different stores will eventually affect the cheaper set, making them technically costing more, especially with today's gas prices(I remember complaining that I paid $1.15/ gallon for gas when the station just down the road was selling it for $1.14/ gallon... I miss those days).

Also, the tense that was used was in comparison to the current release, not to the previous release.
All I'm doing is disproving that buying a series in smaller sets is not cheaper, it may seem like it, but once you add together all of the prices of each set, tax, gas money or shipping fees (if applicable) you easily end up spending far more than buying a complete box. Again, this is comparing the individual sets to the new, bare bones complete box release, as I've noted before. The only difference now, is the original complete box is out of print.

BUT as I have said, this is a good option for those who have the individual volumes, for the reason you have noted, to make it look a bit nicer. That's my opinion at least, I like the way it looks.
IAmThePeej
Micromaster

Postby dinogeist » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:08 pm

IAmThePeej wrote:
deathy wrote:To be fair,most are referring to when the Shout TF G-1 seasons/parts first came out. not months/year late when web sites/stores put the items on clearance.

That was because the full set that was out at that time was the Matrix set, which had a premium price since it contained more than what was included on the individual volumes. As well as a case the size of a freaking Cadillac. Right now the individual set aren't on clearance, if that were the case, the sets would cost between $15-$17 each at most. They are still at the same price of $20 for Season 1 and $25 for sets 2-4. The current box that is out is nothing more than a re-branding of the individual sets with no extras from the Matrix set. Don't put out wrong information.
As for checking Amazon/ eBay for cheaper sets, most of the time, the lower the price, even if it says new, are usually refurbished discs or a nice looking used set that has been re-shrink wrapped. In some cases (as with what happened when I bought the Matrix box for $70) it will be a cheap knock off and the seller won't disclose this or even let you return it half the time. Also, the current sets that are new, are more than likely the same knock offs that I have, the sellers just do not know since the set is completely identical until its opened, and they're selling them for over $180.
For checking in stores, to get the sets for cheaper, its going to be quite hard, since most major retailers will only put one set at a time at a sale price, usually not more than $3-$4 off the original price, or if its a smaller company, there is no chance for finding it new for cheaper. They have a higher overhead when compared to the size of the company to, say, your local Wal-Mart, meaning, they cannot afford to sell them for too much less unless they bought them on a wholesale clearance level. Which isn't any time soon that will happen. Also, think about it, all the money you spend on gas driving around to different stores will eventually affect the cheaper set, making them technically costing more, especially with today's gas prices(I remember complaining that I paid $1.15/ gallon for gas when the station just down the road was selling it for $1.14/ gallon... I miss those days).

Also, the tense that was used was in comparison to the current release, not to the previous release.
All I'm doing is disproving that buying a series in smaller sets is not cheaper, it may seem like it, but once you add together all of the prices of each set, tax, gas money or shipping fees (if applicable) you easily end up spending far more than buying a complete box. Again, this is comparing the individual sets to the new, bare bones complete box release, as I've noted before. The only difference now, is the original complete box is out of print.

BUT as I have said, this is a good option for those who have the individual volumes, for the reason you have noted, to make it look a bit nicer. That's my opinion at least, I like the way it looks.

FYI,Target often has a first week sale on certain new DVD's that cost cheaper than other stores. I paid $14.99 for the Shout TF G-1 season one. I paid $17.99 for season 2 part one. I paid $17.99 for season 2 part 2. lastly I paid $19.99 for shout TF G-1 Season 3 & 4.

as far as spending gas to travel to these stores. some of us like myself make trips to the stores on our way to & from work. so were not wasting any gas going to the stores,as it's on our way to & from work on our route.

that's not fair,you are assuming because some ebay or amazon sellers are selling the shout TF G-1 individual Seasons/parts cheaper than the box set,that they must be opened & then re-sealed.

Last I checked not every ebay nor amazon seller has a shrink warp machine with available shrink wrap laying around.

Would the average TF fan,really spend hundreds or a couple of twenties worth on buying a decent shrink wrap machine. then buy the shrink wrap material. then sit their trying to cut the right size & then trying to mimic the shrink folding panels to make it look like the real deal. it just seems like a lot of work & exspenses (shrink wrap machine+supplies+labor time) to re-create considering these TF Shout dvd's individual seasons/parts are barely selling for retail value on the secondary market.

what's next,do ebay sellers or amazon sellers have access to store price tags? or do some ebay/amazon sellers have access to steam machines where their able to steam off store price tags for the sole purpose of transferring them to their newly done opened,then re-sealed shrink wrap products.
dinogeist
Godmaster

Postby IAmThePeej » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:09 pm

deathy wrote:FYI,Target often has a first week sale on certain new DVD's that cost cheaper than other stores. I paid $14.99 for the Shout TF G-1 season one. I paid $17.99 for season 2 part one. I paid $17.99 for season 2 part 2. lastly I paid $19.99 for shout TF G-1 Season 3 & 4.

as far as spending gas to travel to these stores. some of us like myself make trips to the stores on our way to & from work. so were not wasting any gas going to the stores,as it's on our way to & from work on our route.

that's not fair,you are assuming because some ebay or amazon sellers are selling the shout TF G-1 individual Seasons/parts cheaper than the box set,that they must be opened & then re-sealed.

Last I checked not every ebay nor amazon seller has a shrink warp machine with available shrink wrap laying around.

what's next,do ebay sellers or amazon sellers have access to store price tags? or do some ebay/amazon sellers have access to steam machines where their able to steam off store price tags for the sole purpose of transferring them to their newly done opened,then re-sealed shrink wrap products.

Why are you starting a fight with me? Online no less. I never attacked you now, did I? One person said something that was incorrect, all I did was update with information about the current prices on a product. You were comparing the prices to the sets to the now out of print, let's repeat that shall we: OUT. OF. PRINT. set that was a high price, I explained why it was a higher price, and I AGREED with you about how the individual volumes are a better price, but at the expense of some extras. The only other person who said it was cheaper than buying a full collection was using present tense, as in, referring to the boxset that was re-released not that long ago, not to the original complete box that you are fixated on.

I used to work for that **** company, so I know quite well about how they do their ads since they are given to employees about 4 days prior to being available online or in the paper. Other stores do the same, maybe not the ad to the employees part, but the lowest price during first week, then even less a few months later when the next set in the collection is released. Case in point, Dexter. Seasons 1-4 are $14.99 right now since 5 is about to release or already has. This is also the lowest each of those seasons have been since release.
Anyway, back to the main topic,I'm glad you bought the set how you please, on the week they came out. Very smart choice. See that? I agreed with you again. BUT that is how YOU got them. What about a person who is looking to buy it for the first time? The individual sets aren't on sale now are they? No. So that will not do them any good. Like I said, I made a fair comparison. And you attack me for a differing opinion. Am I the only one who sees something wrong here?

I just noticed this, you said what you said was about comparing the individual sets to the original box, then mention sales just another post afterward, the same I did, just the most current sales. You realize we're saying the same thing at this point, and, in turn, you just negated your own argument.

Good idea going before and after work, I try the same, but since I work from 5PM to 1AM usually, I can't do that too much, seeing as how most stores close between 9PM and 11PM, just when me and the wife are off and feel like helping the local economy.

I also did not say ALL people on Amazon/ eBay were selling opened sets and passing them off as new. Some sellers only buy and sell what they have and base the info on the item's current condition and any other info they received with it. Sometimes they do not know if it was new or resealed or bootleg, again referring to the Matrix sets that are still on sale. More and more are Chinese bootlegs copied to single layer discs. Sellers cannot tell though due to how convincing the set is, along with the fact that its sealed.
this does happen and has happened to me more often on eBay, the main reason I stopped using the site. But every once in a while I will buy something on Amazon that is sold as new only to be resealed. Its not fantasy, it does happen. Don't be ignorant (my first negative thing I've said about you, oh my how far we've grown together...!!)
Believe it or not, some sellers do not really look up the reliability of their wholesale source and only buy it because of how much cheaper it is compared to another.

Oh and thanks for trying to put words in my mouth with the whole steam machine thing for price tags. I never even mentioned that, so thanks for saying it for me. What am I going to say next? How if they don't use a steam machine to remove the tag that they just use the same shrink from the original and put it on the other copy? /sarcasm

Also, I added all of your prices together, you spent $70.96 minus tax of course for something that is available for a comparable price that isn't individual volumes while featuring all of the same content.

We can go at this all night until one gives up or we're both banned for starting a flame war. How about we both show some class and just agree to disagree? I think that's fair, but odds are, like some other people here, you won't even read this far before you try to attack me again for another thing I said that is "wrong" according to you. Just so you seem so much cooler for bullying poor little me around. On a forum. On the internet.
IAmThePeej
Micromaster

Postby dinogeist » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:25 pm

IAmThePeej wrote:
deathy wrote:FYI,Target often has a first week sale on certain new DVD's that cost cheaper than other stores. I paid $14.99 for the Shout TF G-1 season one. I paid $17.99 for season 2 part one. I paid $17.99 for season 2 part 2. lastly I paid $19.99 for shout TF G-1 Season 3 & 4.

Why are you starting a fight with me? Online no less. I never attacked you now, did I? One person said something that was incorrect, all I did was update with information about the current prices on a product. You were comparing the prices to the sets to the now out of print, let's repeat that shall we: OUT. OF. PRINT. set that was a high price, I explained why it was a higher price, and I AGREED with you about how the individual volumes are a better price, but at the expense of some extras. The only other person who said it was cheaper than buying a full collection was using present tense, as in, referring to the boxset that was re-released not that long ago, not to the original complete box that you are fixated on.

I used to work for that **** company, so I know quite well about how they do their ads since they are given to employees about 4 days prior to being available online or in the paper. Other stores do the same, maybe not the ad to the employees part, but the lowest price during first week, then even less a few months later when the next set in the collection is released. Case in point, Dexter. Seasons 1-4 are $14.99 right now since 5 is about to release or already has. This is also the lowest each of those seasons have been since release.
Anyway, back to the main topic,I'm glad you bought the set how you please, on the week they came out. Very smart choice. See that? I agreed with you again. BUT that is how YOU got them. What about a person who is looking to buy it for the first time? The individual sets aren't on sale now are they? No. So that will not do them any good. Like I said, I made a fair comparison. And you attack me for a differing opinion. Am I the only one who sees something wrong here?

I just noticed this, you said what you said was about comparing the individual sets to the original box, then mention sales just another post afterward, the same I did, just the most current sales. You realize we're saying the same thing at this point, and, in turn, you just negated your own argument.

Good idea going before and after work, I try the same, but since I work from 5PM to 1AM usually, I can't do that too much, seeing as how most stores close between 9PM and 11PM, just when me and the wife are off and feel like helping the local economy.

I also did not say ALL people on Amazon/ eBay were selling opened sets and passing them off as new. Some sellers only buy and sell what they have and base the info on the item's current condition and any other info they received with it. Sometimes they do not know if it was new or resealed or bootleg, again referring to the Matrix sets that are still on sale. More and more are Chinese bootlegs copied to single layer discs. Sellers cannot tell though due to how convincing the set is, along with the fact that its sealed.
this does happen and has happened to me more often on eBay, the main reason I stopped using the site. But every once in a while I will buy something on Amazon that is sold as new only to be resealed. Its not fantasy, it does happen. Don't be ignorant (my first negative thing I've said about you, oh my how far we've grown together...!!)
Believe it or not, some sellers do not really look up the reliability of their wholesale source and only buy it because of how much cheaper it is compared to another.

Oh and thanks for trying to put words in my mouth with the whole steam machine thing for price tags. I never even mentioned that, so thanks for saying it for me. What am I going to say next? How if they don't use a steam machine to remove the tag that they just use the same shrink from the original and put it on the other copy? /sarcasm

Also, I added all of your prices together, you spent $70.96 minus tax of course for something that is available for a comparable price that isn't individual volumes while featuring all of the same content.

We can go at this all night until one gives up or we're both banned for starting a flame war. How about we both show some class and just agree to disagree? I think that's fair, but odds are, like some other people here, you won't even read this far before you try to attack me again for another thing I said that is "wrong" according to you. Just so you seem so much cooler for bullying poor little me around. On a forum. On the internet.

Sorry,I wasn't trying to be rude with you nor fight with you.

most moderated TF message boards are called discussion boards. this generally means debatting & discussing the issues with various TF fans on-line.

I never debate in a fighting nor rude manner. I prefer to debate in a polite,professional & detailed manner.

back on topic,it's impossible for a shrink wrap machine to re-shrink something that has already been opened & make it look like brand new/never opened. due to way these things are sealed & the way they need to be opened. which requires some rippages in the plastic or crease corners damage.
dinogeist
Godmaster

Postby IAmThePeej » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:45 pm

deathy wrote:Sorry,I wasn't trying to be rude with you nor fight with you.

most moderated TF message boards are called discussion boards. this generally means debatting & discussing the issues with various TF fans on-line.

I never debate in a fighting nor rude manner. I prefer to debate in a polite,professional & detailed manner.

back on topic,it's impossible for a shrink wrap machine to re-shrink something that has already been opened & make it look like brand new/never opened. due to way these things are sealed & the way they need to be opened. which requires some rippages in the plastic or crease corners damage.

Well you were doing quite the opposite. Neither of what you were trying to do was considered a debate or discussion. You were rude, if that was a polite argument for you, I don't really care for your rude arguments. Basically you were acting like the average TransFan on here, one person says one thing that another considers wrong and said person is assaulted with comments ranging from "n00b" to "F***CK YOU!!!! YOU HAVE NO CLUE WAHT Y00 R SAYING!!!!! I KNOW ALL ABOUT TEH TFSSSSSS!!!!!11!!1!!!11one".
Your comments were starting to become very similar to the last quote, albeit maybe with less grammatical errors. Its also usually how a discussion here eventually ends up, especially between the G1 fans and the newer series fans. Not all of the time, of course, every once in a while mainly.

As for the re-shrinking comment, it was total sarcasm based on what you were saying that I was going to say, only with me taking it a bit further and making a total mockery out of what you were trying to accomplish. I'm not an idiot, I'm a very intelligent individual, and you can tell this is true because I make sure everything has proper grammar and punctuation. Quite unlike what usually happens to the English language when typed on a forum.
IAmThePeej
Micromaster

Postby dinogeist » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:05 pm

IAmThePeej wrote:
deathy wrote:Sorry,I wasn't trying to be rude with you nor fight with you.

Well you were doing quite the opposite. Neither of what you were trying to do was considered a debate or discussion. You were rude, if that was a polite argument for you, I don't really care for your rude arguments. Basically you were acting like the average TransFan on here, one person says one thing that another considers wrong and said person is assaulted with comments ranging from "n00b" to "F***CK YOU!!!! YOU HAVE NO CLUE WAHT Y00 R SAYING!!!!! I KNOW ALL ABOUT TEH TFSSSSSS!!!!!11!!1!!!11one".
Your comments were starting to become very similar to the last quote, albeit maybe with less grammatical errors. Its also usually how a discussion here eventually ends up, especially between the G1 fans and the newer series fans. Not all of the time, of course, every once in a while mainly.

As for the re-shrinking comment, it was total sarcasm based on what you were saying that I was going to say, only with me taking it a bit further and making a total mockery out of what you were trying to accomplish. I'm not an idiot, I'm a very intelligent individual, and you can tell this is true because I make sure everything has proper grammar and punctuation. Quite unlike what usually happens to the English language when typed on a forum.

Sorry I wasn't being rude to you.

anyone can easily read all my replies to you & see for themselves

You however you did go out of your way to insult me a few times with some un-polite words like you called me ignorant,mock my grammar/spelling & implied your grammar/spelling was superior to mine. & you then insult the seibertron members here on this forum in this reply I quoted & am replying to.

Honestly all I did was politely debate your reply with a very polite counter reply. this is called debatting & not fighting.

I counter replied with the following regarding your replies:

(1) the individual Shout DVD's TF g-1 seasons/parts. were much cheaper to buy individually when they were first released compared to the complete set price tag. as shout was first charging over $110+ for the complete DVD TF G-1 usa Cartoon series.

(1a) I & most fans didn't know at the time. that shout would be releasing a second version for $70 of the complete G-1 set minus the extras. I STILL CAN'T CONFIRM THIS,SINCE THIS thread is the first i've heard of this.

(1c) To my knowledge the individual dvds seasons/parts for TF G-1 by shout included about 75% of the extras that the complete DVD Shout matrix TF G-1 cartoon series had. So taking away 25% of the extras for the second complete set release & charging $60+less just seems puzzling & makes no sense.

(1d) Since I've never heard of this second release of the shout complete TF G-1 cartoon minus some extras. I can't judge nor support this news. I can only do the proper research on-line & ask fellow TF fans more info regarding this new info that's new to me.

(2)You said the reason why those individual DVDs for the shout TF seasonsparts are so cheap on ebay & amazon. is because the fans/people are opening them up,using them,then re-shrinking the plastic around the dvd cases to make them look like brand new factory sealed.

(2a) I pointed out these shrink machines & supplies are not cheap. depending the the craftsmanship you want to accomplish. you could easily spend a few hundreds or a few twenties for a cheap one.

(2b) I further pointed out since the shout TF G-1 Seasons/parts individual dvds barely re-sell for the retail price. the seller would be losing money because buying a shrink wrap machines+supllies eats away at his profits & make him have a loss.

(2c)I further,further,pointed out that to shrink wrap things like the professionals takes skill. to even attemp to use the same opened plastic & try to re-shrink it like brand new is impossible. because these things are not easy to open.

(3) in your reply you mentioned the shout TF G-1 COMPLETE dvd's were now cheaper than buying the individual seasons/parts. I pointed out I & anyone else could easily find the shout individual dvds on-line for cheaper or similar prices to the complete set you said got clearanced. your counter reply was these ebay sellers/fans were cheating by opening the stuff up,watching them & then using a shrinking machine to seal the stuff up like brand new.

(4)clearance sales a year or months later honestly don't count. because most bought the stuff when it first came out.

(4a) that's like saying I found a ROTF Supreme sized devestator at tjmaxx for $10 yesterday august 22,2011,so the rotf supreme devestator is cheaper priced than the ROTF Legends sized devestator that sold at walmart in 2010 for $29.99

(4b) the proper & fair way to price older TF toys,DVDS/COMICS,ETC.. is to price them by their retail price. to price things by clearance prices & compare the clearance stuff to full retail price stuff is cheating,in-accurate & just plain dis-honest.

(4c) target always offers some of their first week dvds for a sale price,they've been doing it for over a decade+. so technically this is the exception to the 4B rule. It borders on first come,here's your reward you pay less,we do this to steal business away from our competitors the first week.

(5)you said buying the complete dvd set made sense because buyers would only have to make one trip to the store,thus saving gas. I replied some of us make toy hunts before & after work on the work route,so no gas is being wasted just for toy hunts. it's gas we would of had to use to drive to work anyways.
dinogeist
Godmaster

Postby Supreme Convoy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Neat!

I love it when companies accommodate customers with these fancy slipcases so they don't have to double dip. The one instance that comes to mind is the Lord of the Ring boxset slipcase for the extended editions. The slipcase was offered when Return of the King was released so fans didn't have to double dip.
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #35 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231010N"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2012 2RI (CA) Milne"
Transformers MORE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915J"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #40 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 231222G"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUL210500 2B (CA) Kyriazis"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0124IM320 6B (CA) Araújo"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #35 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231010P"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #45 RE IDW Comics 2015 210411A (CA) Coller"
Transformers MORE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317B"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210580 36A (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS #36 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #44 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2015 44RI Garbowska"
Transformers MORE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIMACY #3 IDW Comics 2014 (A/CA) Ramondelli AUG140463 201106A"
Transformers PRIMA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS One-Shot RI 1:10 IDW Comics (CA) Christiansen 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #34 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210495 34B (CA) Margevich (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #34 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON